Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

1 ora fa, Karis ha scritto:

Hello everyone,

i'm proud to announce the launch of Singe 2.0 designed by Scott Duensing.

For history, Singe 2 is the successor of Singe, a dll for Daphne allowing to adapt/create laserdisc games.

Singe 2 is no longer dependant of Daphne. It is a standalone program (for Windows 32/64, Mac, Linux) and many games are already available.

In this thread i will mostly talk about my own releases for Singe, but you can find many more on the official website : https://kangaroopunch.com/?page=Software%2F3000-2006-singe.xjs&fbclid=IwAR2eZxtVnzNR7bZWKozmVLAb6NDcVN3bpKAIDicZbavUl72N35nGW9i_00I

Singe 2.0 Features :

- any resolution/format for games (Daphne/singe was limited to m2v and was experimental at 1080p)

- adaptable overlay (Daphne Singe was limited)

- No maximum lenght limitation (was 65536 frames)

- Better controls (all buttons of the pad usable)

- Many more...

GAMES :

You can find the links for the games on the Singe website. For my own games i provide you this link (i suggest you use it since it's updated as soon as i make modifications/corrections) : https://mega.nz/folder/lf4UnaAQ#7IEiWRemKP7SRt2yZuOoUA

For now here is the list :

- Cliffhanger : 1080p Adaptation of the Classic. Cliffhanger includes 2 "missing link" extra levels based on the Lupin/Cagliostro movie.

- Dragon's Lair II enhanced : No need to explain. Dl2 includes the new enhanced rom allowing a better gameplay with the special objects.

- Fire & Ice : fan game based on the Ralph Bashki movie

- Timegal HD : HD (upscaled) version of the Taito classic. 

- Titan A.E : fan game based on the Don Bluth movie.

For all those games, you will find an Assets directory, including pictures (loco, cover,...) for you favorite launcher 

Also, two new games will be released before december. Those are challenging games with new kind of moves. More about this later...

In order to launch the games, you just need to click the corresponding bat file.

When you're inside the main controls are :

1 or Start : Start the game

9 or Right Thumb : Options menu

Left Control or Button A : Action

Left Alt or Button B : Action 2 (used as feet in Cliffhanger)

Arrows or pad : Move

When you're in the attract mode you can push the action button for more detailed controls.

4/3 VERSIONS :

For Cliffhanger, Fire and Ice & Titan A.E i also made 4/3 versions (if your monitor). 

Here is the link : https://mega.nz/folder/MeQmCBRK#FXggSXJUaW3ho60PzaQ7DA

You just need to put the file in the Movie directory (replacing the 16/9 movie).

If you need a specific resolution for your system (lower resolution for example), just ask and i'll consider it.

TUTORIAL :

With Singe 2.0 you can create your own FMV game. It's not difficult and does not require any programming skills.

For this you will find a complete tutorial pdf in the link, along with a "Blank" directory wich contains all you need.

So, i hope you enjoy all of this and don't hesitate to ask questions. I will do my best to answer quickly. 

you are amazing for your work..excuse me if possible include in the pad a button to exit from game directly from pad and not using the key board,please..thanks from now

il y a 4 minutes, Rex2573 a dit :

you are amazing for your work..excuse me if possible include in the pad a button to exit from game directly from pad and not using the key board,please..thanks from now

From the pad, you can hit Start + Select to exit.

I will update my thread

Modifié par Karis

I played around with Daphne long time ago , when i used the flight stick with Astron Belt the  controls up / down were Inverted and you theres no option to Disable it 

possible with Singe 2.0 it could be done ?

The American LaserGames is it possible to disable the crosshair in the test menu , because it always crashed when i tried it with Singe 1.0 

Il y a 3 heures, maabus a dit :

@Karis

Do you know how to slow everything down? its like everything is on fast forward 

Strange but i think it might be an indexing problem.

For each game, Try to go in the Index directory and to remove the Nameofthegame.mp4 (it's the index). It will force Singe to reindex the game and it probably will solve the thing.

il y a 48 minutes, Moksi a dit :

I played around with Daphne long time ago , when i used the flight stick with Astron Belt the  controls up / down were Inverted and you theres no option to Disable it 

possible with Singe 2.0 it could be done ?

The American LaserGames is it possible to disable the crosshair in the test menu , because it always crashed when i tried it with Singe 1.0 

For Astron it would be possible yes if someone port it.

For ALG, i did not made the port (my firend Fabrizio did) but i think it's an option in the Menu yes. That said it should not crash with it in Singe 2

What a great news ! I even saw you added support for generating a border for the sinden lightgun. I'm just wondering if singe2 supports 2 players (with 2 mouses for example).

Thanks for your work. I used to dream in front of these machines.

4 hours ago, Karis said:

For Astron it would be possible yes if someone port it.

For ALG, i did not made the port (my firend Fabrizio did) but i think it's an option in the Menu yes. That said it should not crash with it in Singe 2

Great to see theres improvement on these games

with ALG the accuracy of the shots bugs me thats why i dont play it much, could there be an improvement with the acuracy of shots (without the crosshair)

with crosshair visible its playable, since test menu crashed after disabling crosshair i tried to hide the crosshair but wasnt accurate at all .

Hope to see some improvement  

13 ore fa, Rex2573 ha scritto:

exuse my friend but TIME GAL, D LAIR 2  and  TITAN A..E. don't run  full screen mode

2 ore fa, HVG ha scritto:
ALG game downloads don't have any script files (scriptName.singe) How can I make them work?
Thanks for your work

you have to make a bat file.
this is what you need to launch crime patrol

Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64 -k -w -z -v Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\video\Crime_Patrol.txt Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Script\crimepatrol.singe

5 ore fa, Moksi ha scritto:

Great to see theres improvement on these games

with ALG the accuracy of the shots bugs me thats why i dont play it much, could there be an improvement with the acuracy of shots (without the crosshair)

with crosshair visible its playable, since test menu crashed after disabling crosshair i tried to hide the crosshair but wasnt accurate at all .

Hope to see some improvement  

which gun are you using ?

39 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

They should. What is your resolution ?

1920x 1080..but TITAN A E RUNS IN PANORAMIC wide screen mode.. TIME GAL  and DRAGON S LAIR 2 IN 4/3.. only FIRE AND ICE and CLIFF HANGER run perfectly in full 16/9 screen mode

Modifié par Rex2573

Il y a 7 heures, Rex2573 a dit :

nothingh to do.. i tried to download again the file..but always both DRAGON'S LAIR 2 and TIME GAL run at 4/3..instead TITAN A.E. runs in panoramic mode and not full screen

DL2 and TG are 4/3. This is their native resolution. For DL2 there are 16/9 versions existing but they are fake (they overscan the 4/3 to fit and so a lot of the up and down image disappear). For TG a 16/9 would be the same. My purpose is to preserve the image so i don't plan to overscan.

Titan A.E is Panoramic natively. So having black bands up and down is strictly normal. Once again an overscan would remove left and right of the image.

So i misunderstood your claim (the game are fullscreen, not appearing in a window) but this behavior is normal.

Modifié par Karis

Il y a 14 heures, Moksi a dit :

Aimtrak , without visible crosshair its unplayable i have to play with crosshair .

with Mame , Sega Model 2 Model 3 it plays fine though without visible crosshair

I'm not programming those one, but i've got an Aimtrak and i play them.

Aimtrak is not the most perfect/ accurate gun (Sinden is way better as Poiu pointed). It's way more accurate with additional program like Demulshooter (but it Requires Argon, the developper, to make a profile for the game). 

For the remaining games (like PS2) you've got to adapt a lot of things. Do you calibrate properly (i mean long press, then aiming different zones of the screen) ? I guess so but i've got to ask.

5 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

DL2 and TG are 4/3. This is their native resolution. For DL2 there are 16/9 versions existing but they are fake (they overscan the 4/3 to fit and so a lot of the up and down image disappear). For TG a 16/9 would be the same. My purpose is to preserve the image so i don't plan to overscan.

Titan A.E is Panoramic natively. So having black bands up and down is strictly normal. Once again an overscan would remove left and right of the image.

So i misunderstood your claim (the game are fullscreen, not appearing in a window) but this behavior is normal.

for not full screen i mean that they are not in full screen as the perfect CLIFF HANGER and  FIRE AND ICE, in other words they are not in 16/9

il y a 51 minutes, Rex2573 a dit :

for not full screen i mean that they are not in full screen as the perfect CLIFF HANGER and  FIRE AND ICE, in other words they are not in 16/9

Yeah i know.

But 16/9 is not always perfection. Cliff and F&I are natively 16/9 (but the original Cliff game was released in 4/3 with cropping, so i restored it). The other games are not. When i do a game from a source i always keep the same ratio.

DL games were meant to be 4/3, each 16/9 version is an alteration which removes important parts of the drawings (sometime it's even Dirk's head). TG never existed in 16/9. 

Modifié par Karis

17 hours ago, Karis said:

I'm not programming those one, but i've got an Aimtrak and i play them.

Aimtrak is not the most perfect/ accurate gun (Sinden is way better as Poiu pointed). It's way more accurate with additional program like Demulshooter (but it Requires Argon, the developper, to make a profile for the game). 

For the remaining games (like PS2) you've got to adapt a lot of things. Do you calibrate properly (i mean long press, then aiming different zones of the screen) ? I guess so but i've got to ask.

yes i calibrated it .  sinden is accurate dont like the white border unfortunately . i like the aimtrak since i modified it with force feedback with a sliding mechanism

but i think Mame has a better accuracy without crosshair than Singe. ( Mame, Sega Model 2 , Model 3 , PCSX2 , Naomi uses the mouse pointer (not visible)

Singe has the big pixel blocky like crosshair when i make the crosshair transparent (not visible) the accuracy isnt right. 

But i will try to Test mode with SInge 2.0 to see if disabling crosshair in test menu should make difference 

When MAME supports ALG i think that problem is solved but when is the question 

Il y a 12 heures, MrLupin a dit :

I don't have a audio card, I have USB Headphones. I restarted my pc and unplugged/repluged my headphones to fix it.

If it does not solve a good first step is to reindex the file by clearing the index (located for each game in the index directory) and the restart.

15 ore fa, Moksi ha scritto:

yes i calibrated it .  sinden is accurate dont like the white border unfortunately . i like the aimtrak since i modified it with force feedback with a sliding mechanism

but i think Mame has a better accuracy without crosshair than Singe. ( Mame, Sega Model 2 , Model 3 , PCSX2 , Naomi uses the mouse pointer (not visible)

Singe has the big pixel blocky like crosshair when i make the crosshair transparent (not visible) the accuracy isnt right. 

But i will try to Test mode with SInge 2.0 to see if disabling crosshair in test menu should make difference 

When MAME supports ALG i think that problem is solved but when is the question 

I provided a sony ldp 1450 player to a member of mamedev to make the dump of the bios, now it's a long time but from what I understand they never succeeded.
it's a bad luck I have all the lasedisc ready

Il y a 2 heures, maabus a dit :

@Karis

I did a full reinstall, and unfortunately I still have the same issue. It's happening on all games and the splash screen. Right now the only other thing I can think of, is I have a remote computer connected to my system. Maybe it is somehow detecting the audio on the remote computer. 

I'll disconnect the remote system and see if it fixes the issue. 

I'm talking about reindexing, not reinstalling.

When Singe does reindex you see a giant magnifyer appearing.

What is your configuration ? Laptop maybe ?

Hi! Im using a 15khz crt, and I have the old daphne runing at my maximum progressive resolution, 640x240 (that looks better than 320x240), using:

-fullscreen_window -ignore_aspect_ratio?

So the question is, how to use ignore aspect ratio in 2.0?

Also, the new overlay images seems closer to the original, isnt it? But at these resolutions they look blurry, when in the old veraion showed pixel perfect.

Also, any plan for suppirting dual lightguns (Raw input)?

Thanks!

il y a 54 minutes, maabus a dit :

@Karis

Maybe you can relay this to Scott? I tried to sign up to the Singe forum, but I guess it's not setup yet. 

On top of my fast video, and garbled sound issue, I have come across the following errors. 

Selecting Karis' games in the menu then quitting, and reloading Singe, the menu locks up. 

Playing Karis' games from his bat file works fine. (Dragon's Lair Extend looks beautiful!) :bravo:

Also Selecting Karis' games in menu I get following error

Error executing function 'onInputPressed': Singe\Menu.Singe:63 attempt to concatenate a nil value (field 'GENRE')

and Error: specified resolution is larger than the display.

Playing ALG games, and ActionMax games i have the following errors in the singe console window

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

libpng warning; iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB

createtexture(d3dpool_default): invalidcall

If a game is added to the menu, but does not have an attract .mp4 video in the games video folder, Singe locks up. 

Quitting Mad Dog Mcree, Mad Dog Mcree 2, Platoon, Time Traveler and Dragon's Lair TV then quitting menu does not close Singe console window.  

MDM stays open with script calls. 

MDM2 stays open with dip_coinspercredit: 1

Platoon stays open with Playing CDROM version 1.0b

Time Traveler stays open with playing DVD version 2.0b

DLTV stays open with script calls and the following warnings

libpng warning: iccp: profile 'asus mx34v': 0h: pcs illuminant is not d50

libpng warning: chrm: invalid chromaticities

I cannot answer for others games, but for mine, try to download them from the link i provided and launch them with the game bat, not the menu.