Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

Il y a 3 heures, phasermaniac a dit :

I know, but as I use a 15khz monitor my best progressive resolution is that. It displays a little better for that kind of games that a correct aspect ratio one, like 320x240.

Actually the philosophy of singe is rather to help those old laserdisc survive by "upgrading" them to current resolution (and of course new games.

That said i'm not against releasing other versions for CRT but i need more informations cause i'm not a 15hz expert. I know those "half-height" resolution does exist but i'm not sure what is the best way to encode them. Any idea ? 

Apologies if this is a really dumb question, but how do you change the key mappings in Singe?
I don't have my buttons set to the standard MAME mappings, so the action buttons are not working.
I can see in the Singe folder there is a 'controls.cfg.example' file, which I have changed and renamed to controls.cfg, but still doesn't work

Il y a 6 heures, Whoremoan a dit :

Apologies if this is a really dumb question, but how do you change the key mappings in Singe?
I don't have my buttons set to the standard MAME mappings, so the action buttons are not working.
I can see in the Singe folder there is a 'controls.cfg.example' file, which I have changed and renamed to controls.cfg, but still doesn't work

In each game directory, you've got a control.cfg file. That's where you change the controls individually (all of my games share the same config, so you can copy/paste).

hace 9 horas, Karis dijo:

Actually the philosophy of singe is rather to help those old laserdisc survive by "upgrading" them to current resolution (and of course new games.

That said i'm not against releasing other versions for CRT but i need more informations cause i'm not a 15hz expert. I know those "half-height" resolution does exist but i'm not sure what is the best way to encode them. Any idea ? 

No idea sorry. As I said, for me worked with the old -ignore_aspect_ratio option.

I thought the new -u option will make the trick. But instead it seems to block the video to its original resolution, instead of resize it to the window size.

Also the -a dont have any effect for me.( tested -a 4:3, -a 16:9, -a 21:9...) The aspect ratio seems always blocked to 4:3 or so.

Anyway not so important if I'm the only with these problems, as I have an unusual configuration. Thanks

Il 25/10/2020 Alle 22:51, Karis ha scritto:

Hello everyone,

i'm proud to announce the launch of Singe 2.0 designed by Scott Duensing.

For history, Singe 2 is the successor of Singe, a dll for Daphne allowing to adapt/create laserdisc games.

Singe 2 is no longer dependant of Daphne. It is a standalone program (for Windows 32/64, Mac, Linux) and many games are already available.

In this thread i will mostly talk about my own releases for Singe, but you can find many more on the official website : https://kangaroopunch.com/?page=Software%2F3000-2006-singe.xjs&fbclid=IwAR2eZxtVnzNR7bZWKozmVLAb6NDcVN3bpKAIDicZbavUl72N35nGW9i_00I

Singe 2.0 Features:

- any resolution/format for games (Daphne/singe was limited to m2v and was experimental at 1080p)

- adaptable overlay (Daphne Singe was limited)

- No maximum lenght limitation (was 65536 frames)

- Better controls (all buttons of the pad usable)

- Many more...

GAMES:

You can find the links for the games on the Singe website. For my own games i provide you this link (i suggest you use it since it's updated as soon as i make modifications/corrections) : 

For easy maintenance (future updates) I separated the app from the games directory. So you have now to download each game separately. 

First here is the link to The app + Tutorial + bats: https://mega.nz/folder/lOQX3a4a#jRF-PZ2ZMScbtXZMvnkA0Q

For now here is the list (just put the downloaded directory in the singe directory):

cliff.png

- Cliffhanger : 1080p Adaptation of the Classic. Cliffhanger includes 2 "missing link" extra levels based on the Lupin/Cagliostro movie.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/ECZHAAoZ#eWAQwnQ9WNW8_vNz8YHBRA

dl2e.png

- Dragon's Lair II enhanced : No need to explain. Dl2 includes the new enhanced rom allowing a better gameplay with the special objects. This is the native 4/3 version.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/ALJDFCSS#iebl4-P_vt0V4jjuqJJAZg

fi.png

- Fire & Ice : fan game based on the Ralph Bashki movie

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/MHBRlQwA#R7FN0TvZhhrRA3jCS3SW0w

tg.png

- Timegal HD : HD (upscaled) version of the Taito classic. This is the native 4/3 version.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/leJhDQpI#gqktOw9InN6ZwKfdho2kQA

titan.png

- Titan A.E : fan game based on the Don Bluth movie.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/haRzlQjS#dcfe71pxXZXuNGYhUk5jHg

a few notes :

- In Cliffhanger if you choose the level Easy you will have a regular set of arrows (Up/Down/Left/Right/Hand/Feet) and instructions instead of Stick/Move.

- In Timegal you can add some scanlines from the option menu.

For all those games, you will find an Assets directory, including pictures (logo, cover,...) for you favorite launcher 

Also, two new games will be released before december. Those are challenging games with new kind of moves. More about this later...

In order to launch the games, you just need to click the corresponding bat file.

CONTROLS:

1 or Start : Start the game

9 or Right Thumb : Options menu

Left Control or Button A : Action

Left Alt or Button B : Action 2 (used as feet in Cliffhanger)

Arrows or pad : Move

Esc or Start+Select  : Exit 

When you're in the attract mode you can push the action button for more detailed controls.

In the Options Menu, you can define many things like Starting Level (and Scene) - So yes you can finally play the unreachable levels of DL2 - Number of lives and Death Rewind (read the tutorial for more details).

Death rewind efines where the game resets when you die:

- Level (most boring option - not recommended)

- Scene

- Last move (note that this option can be tricky in some games where moves are close to each other)

- Next move (like Space Ace, note that this option can be tricky in some games where moves are closeto each other)

4/3 VERSIONS:

For Cliffhanger, Fire and Ice & Titan A.E i also made 4/3 versions (if your screen is not 16/9). 

Here is the link : https://mega.nz/folder/MeQmCBRK#FXggSXJUaW3ho60PzaQ7DA

You just need to put the file in the Movie directory (replacing the 16/9 movie).

If you need a specific resolution for your system (lower resolution for example), just ask and i'll consider it.

TUTORIAL:

With Singe 2.0 you can create your own FMV game. It's not difficult and does not require any programming skills.

For this you will find a complete tutorial pdf in the link, along with a "Blank" directory wich contains all you need.

So, i hope you enjoy all of this and don't hesitate to ask questions. I will do my best to answer quickly. 

UPDATES:

I will note updates here, so you can just download the files you need to stay up to date

- 03/11/20: improved movie for Timegal (in Timegal\Movie)

excuse me this new update includes also 16/9 format my friend?

17 minuti fa, cnterr ha scritto:

Hi! Is there a way to directly start a title without going through the menu? I tried pointing to the singe files inside the related game folders but it doesn't seem to work. I would like to put them in my HyperSpin with a direct launch.

OK, I was pointing to the wrong video... :rolleyes:

Il y a 14 heures, cnterr a dit :

Hi! Is there a way to directly start a title without going through the menu? I tried pointing to the singe files inside the related game folders but it doesn't seem to work. I would like to put them in my HyperSpin with a direct launch.

Yeah. You need to point the game bat (at least that's what i do in Launchbox).

Hi! I have been testing to redraw the overlays to be pixel perfect.

The problem, as said Poiu, is the singe2 overlay image sizes are not proportional to the originals, so if I set numbers and badge in tis original size they get cut or have too much margins, and I got to redraw to adapt them.

This can be done, but I think it would be better to keep them exactly like the originals (less graphic work and better).

So, the question is: Where are the overlay images size and position defined? I have seen the overlays in arrays in globals.singe, but I can't find size and position. (Suspected it was not easy else it would be already done)

Maybe I can do a workaround with this, and if you like, I'll share.

On the other hand, I noticed that being the overlays pixel perfect, ingame they only shows sharp at 360x240. While the proportional resolutions 720x480 and 1440x960 won't. Not a problem to me, but something to bear in mind.

I also noticed that black color in the png is shown as transparent ingame, but I'm using RGB(1,1,1) that seems like black and shows ingame.

Thanks

demo2.png

Modifié par phasermaniac

1 ora fa, phasermaniac ha scritto:

Hi! I have been testing to redraw the overlays to be pixel perfect.

The problem, as said Poiu, is the singe2 overlay image sizes are not proportional to the originals, so if I set numbers and badge in tis original size they get cut or have too much margins, and I got to redraw to adapt them.

This can be done, but I think it would be better to keep them exactly like the originals (less graphic work and better).

So, the question is: Where are the overlay images size and position defined? I have seen the overlays in arrays in globals.singe, but I can't find size and position. (Suspected it was not easy else it would be already done)

Maybe I can do a workaround with this, and if you like, I'll share.

On the other hand, I noticed that being the overlays pixel perfect, ingame they only shows sharp at 360x240. While the proportional resolutions 720x480 and 1440x960 won't. Not a problem to me, but something to bear in mind.

I also noticed that black color in the png is shown as transparent ingame, but I'm using RGB(1,1,1) that seems like black and shows ingame.

Thanks

demo2.png

you can make all the changes you want

24 minuti fa, phasermaniac ha scritto:

Yes, I know. But where are the overlay images size and position defined? I have seen the overlays in arrays in globals.singe, but I can't find size and position.

Thanks

welcome to the maze

Hi guys, the correct command line launch isn't:

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.mkv laserdisc.singe

...but...

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.txt laserdisc.singe

...like for the older Daphne Singe.

I suppose that the new release automatically recognize the framefile.txt with the same name of the file video, but for ActionMax games or any other title with multiple video specified on the frame file you can't point to a single video.mkv.

Modifié par cnterr

Il y a 3 heures, phasermaniac a dit :

Yes, I know. But where are the overlay images size and position defined? I have seen the overlays in arrays in globals.singe, but I can't find size and position.

Thanks

With this command in the script the size of the overlay will match the size of the video:

overlaySetResolution(vldpGetWidth(), vldpGetHeight())

2 ore fa, maabus ha scritto:

Is your sound card a realtek? if it is you need to change the drivers of your sound card. I used generic windows hd sound drivers. 

la tua scheda audio è un realtek? se è necessario modificare i driver della scheda audio. Ho usato driver audio generici per Windows HD.

il problema me lo da pure il video se gioco, ma se vedo il file mp4 non scatta nulla anche il sonoro va bene vedendolo , il problema solo sul gioco

Modifié par danilocaprioli

il y a 5 minutes, cnterr a dit :

Hi guys, the correct command line launch isn't:

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.mkv laserdisc.singe

...but...

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.txt laserdisc.singe

...like for the older Daphne Singe.

I suppose that the new release automatically recognize the framefile.txt with the same name of the file video name but for ActionMax games or any other title with multiple video specified on the frame file, you can't point to a single video.mkv.

Actually it depends. If you have a structure based on multiple video files then you need a txt file to group them and call that txt after -v.

I you've got a single video file (like my games) with sound you call it directly after the -v

hace 4 minutos, Karis dijo:

With this command in the script the size of the overlay will match the size of the video:

overlaySetResolution(vldpGetWidth(), vldpGetHeight())

I don't understand what you say, but can test, in which script should I add this?

For me overlay resizes fine, the problem was the size of the images themselves.

The other problem I commented before:

Maybe is because of some type of dither you add when resizing?

3 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

Actually it depends. If you have a structure based on multiple video files then you need a txt file to group them and call that txt after -v.

I you've got a single video file (like my games) with sound you call it directly after the -v

In fact after writing it I realized that among the new emulated titles ones only ActionMax games have two videos in the framefile

il y a 1 minute, phasermaniac a dit :

I don't understand what you say, but can test, in which script should I add this?

For me overlay resizes fine, the problem was the size of the images themselves.

The other problem I commented before:

Maybe is because of some type of dither you add when resizing?

By default the overlay uses half of the video size. So a video of 720*480 will have a 360*240 overlay (it's for consistency with the old singe).

BUT with the line overlaySetResolution(vldpGetWidth(), vldpGetHeight()) you force the overlay to match the video size. So 720*480 too...

It needs to be inserted in the script. Maddog is not based on my scrcipt so i don't know it so well, but it should work if you insert it at the very beginning of maddog.singe (in the script directory).

Theorically you'll notice the result directly : all the images of the overlay sould appear tiny.

il y a 13 minutes, cnterr a dit :

In fact after writing it I realized that among the new emulated titles ones only ActionMax games have two videos in the framefile

Yeah. For Maddog for example, the txt is not needed. You could call the maddog.mp4 directly (it won't change anything anyway).

il y a 37 minutes, phasermaniac a dit :

Ok thanks Karis I see what you say. Good to know!

Actually i use this option for all my games because it gives a better resolution to the overlay and also it helps a lot to place things exactly where you want.

12 minuti fa, maabus ha scritto:

Sì, controlla i tuoi driver audio. Se è Realtek, questo è il tuo problema. Avevo i driver audio realtek e quando correvo singe balbettava e il video veniva riprodotto troppo velocemente. Se guardassi il file .mp4 al di fuori di Singe, funzionerebbe bene. Dopo aver cambiato i miei driver audio in un suono generico di Windows HD, i problemi di balbuzie e video sono scomparsi. I driver audio Realtek causano problemi anche in altri programmi.