Karis

[SINGE 2] New Laserdisc Engine + Games (Altered Carbon Resleeved + 3.2 update)

11 hours ago, Karis said:

It is quite possible. I'm not familiar with those games, but anyway, the code is just LUA so it has to do with the exe unless it bugs everytime at the same time (in that case there is a coding issue).

If you experience such crashes again please report game and situation, maybe we'll find a bug somewhere.

Will do, it appears to be at different spots each time. Thanks Karis.

We sooooo need a Singe He-Man game on here ^_^...

tt_hemans_header.gif

Il y a 4 heures, MadMax4Q2 a dit :

tt_hemans_header.gif

True

On 4/21/2021 at 1:05 PM, Karis said:

I'm not really familiar with this processor. What is sure is that Singe is not optimized for a specific processor (maybe it will be in the future) and that some might be a problem.

Unfortunately, i'm not strong enough to work on this specific area. I just do some (easy) LUA script.

Maybe you can try the 480p versions to check if there is a problem too ?

Yeah, I downloaded the 480p video and replaced the 1080p with it, and it works without stuttering. But then why do 1080p games work in Daphne? It seems the problem is only with Singe.

il y a 20 minutes, ShimanoTottori a dit :

Yeah, I downloaded the 480p video and replaced the 1080p with it, and it works without stuttering. But then why do 1080p games work in Daphne? It seems the problem is only with Singe.

It's really hard for me to answer this.

Probably because of structural differences. Daphne doesn't support everything (like openGL) and maybe skipping those is easier, just a guess.

We would need some experts to analyze the code. 

Is there an easy way to make the games windowed fullscreen? 

my menu.bat config is - @start Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -k -w -d data -v Singe\menuBackground.mkv Singe\Menu.singe - and it still runs fullscreen!

Edited by SteveDee1970

Il y a 10 heures, SteveDee1970 a dit :

Is there an easy way to make the games windowed fullscreen? 

my menu.bat config is - @start Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -k -w -d data -v Singe\menuBackground.mkv Singe\Menu.singe - and it still runs fullscreen!

-w is for fullscreen (windowed borderless). There is also -f for just fullscreen.

How would you like it to appear ?

You can for example replace -w with -x 1920 -y 1080

Edited by Karis

On 4/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, mocio said:

Brain dead 13 ;)

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

How do i get braindead 13 to work, after downloading tie files??

Il 22/4/2021 Alle 12:38, MadMax4Q2 ha scritto:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hiya!

This might help someone. For me, all the Singe 2 games had audio stuttering. Realtek issue? Quite possibly.. I put in a Sound Blaster AE-5 and scrubbed Realtek from my system. Still stuttering. Tried the Windows High Def Audio driver solution from above, and everything is groovy. I noticed that the generic driver forces you into stereo (no 5.1 surround), so I reinstalled the latest Creative drivers and changed audio settings to plain stereo (2 L/R Front speakers only) and now everything runs like a Swiss watch. 

If you have audio probs, maybe check your speaker setup? Singe 2 doesn't seem to get along with more than 2 speakers. (Not that it needs to)

Oh, and, while I'm about it. My profuse thanks to the gracious game creators who have made these amusements and shared them with us all. (And help with problems, too) You folks are, each of you, possessed of a generous nature. And that is no small thing.

Le 18/05/2021 à 08:33, Msincognito a dit :

Hiya!

This might help someone. For me, all the Singe 2 games had audio stuttering. Realtek issue? Quite possibly.. I put in a Sound Blaster AE-5 and scrubbed Realtek from my system. Still stuttering. Tried the Windows High Def Audio driver solution from above, and everything is groovy. I noticed that the generic driver forces you into stereo (no 5.1 surround), so I reinstalled the latest Creative drivers and changed audio settings to plain stereo (2 L/R Front speakers only) and now everything runs like a Swiss watch. 

If you have audio probs, maybe check your speaker setup? Singe 2 doesn't seem to get along with more than 2 speakers. (Not that it needs to)

Oh, and, while I'm about it. My profuse thanks to the gracious game creators who have made these amusements and shared them with us all. (And help with problems, too) You folks are, each of you, possessed of a generous nature. And that is no small thing.

Thanks for the tip! You probably nailed the problem. I will speak about this in the first post.

Edited by Karis

Hi !

So more fun coming.

I've updated the program to 2.3. Among minor corrections there is a new (and fun) gaming mode: Life Bar.

The idea of this mode is to have a gameplay closer to regular videogames with hitpoints. So longer games like Sucker Punch will be easier to play.

Here is a short demo of the Life Bar mode applied on my future release (due in June):

tron.png

Hidden Content

As you can see, you've got a life bar (size can be defined), and for each error you lose some slots of life (this can be defined too). Also, for a serie of good moves you regain slots (and of course this can be defined too, or even cancelled). Of course, Normal and Percent Modes are still available.

As it's an easy conversion, i've put it on most of the games already (Asterix, Cliff, F&I, Mononoke, Sucker Punch, Timegal and Titan). The blank file and tutorial are updated too.

If you don't want to redownload everything, then you just need to grab the following file and paste them to the directory of each game:

Hidden Content

Once updated, you can try the new mode on each game. Have fun and stay tuned for the release of TRON!

Edited by Karis

Il y a 4 heures, mazinger4life a dit :

Karis parallelement a Tron est ce que il y a d'autres surprises en prepraration ;).

Pas vraiment. Enfin j'ai Mad Dog 2 à finir aussi, mais globalement je me lance quand quelque chose me motive.

Tron sera très bien je pense. Les light cycles sont intenses !

Edited by Karis

Thank you everyone for working on this great project. I have always been passionate about American Lasergames.

Unfortunately I can not get them

to run on MacOs. The singe executable does create a singe folder containing the necessary files, but I can not even manage to start the menu.sh (which is a Mac .bat). The menu.sh is created one level above the singe folder. I hope somebody who has figured this out can help.

22 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

As it's an easy conversion, i've put it on most of the games already (Asterix, Cliff, F&I, Mononoke, Sucker Punch, Timegal and Titan). The blank file and tutorial are updated too.

If you don't want to redownload everything, then you just need to grab the following file and paste them to the directory of each game:

Hidden Content

Once updated, you can try the new mode on each game. Have fun and stay tuned for the release of TRON!

I made the changes to the files, but I got this message:

357:soundLoad:  Mix_LoadWAV_RW with NULL src
Loader failed with an unknown exit code : 1.

il y a 33 minutes, shift a dit :

I made the changes to the files, but I got this message:

357:soundLoad:  Mix_LoadWAV_RW with NULL src
Loader failed with an unknown exit code : 1.

That's strange cause i've tried the upgrade on all my games and it worked. On top of this there is no mod about sound. Which game ? 

Il y a 9 heures, Sixty a dit :

Thank you everyone for working on this great project. I have always been passionate about American Lasergames.

Unfortunately I can not get them

to run on MacOs. The singe executable does create a singe folder containing the necessary files, but I can not even manage to start the menu.sh (which is a Mac .bat). The menu.sh is created one level above the singe folder. I hope somebody who has figured this out can help.

I which i knew how to do it but got no Mac: I can only quote Scott about this. It's not really clear but maybe it'll speak to you or someone:

It's not very Mac-like. It's command line based like Windows.

From a command prompt, it's like UNIX - you need to prefix it with the directory. So, for example: ./Singe

Then it will create shell scripts to start it with the menu just like on Windows.

j aime bien les icones des jeux en premier topic et je voudrais savoir s il existe aussi pour Super Don Quixote et  Esh merci d avance

20 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

That's strange cause i've tried the upgrade on all my games and it worked. On top of this there is no mod about sound. Which game ? 

I tried on both Asterix and Cliff Hanger, same error.

il y a 7 minutes, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

j aime bien les icones des jeux en premier topic et je voudrais savoir s il existe aussi pour Super Don Quixote et  Esh merci d avance

Euh tu veux dire les boites de jeux ?

Si c'est le cas oui. Il faut chercher dans la section menu du premier post et tu trouveras un lien vers toutes les boites de jeu.

il y a 3 minutes, shift a dit :

And do you know on which version you were ? Normaly it's on cliff.singe and Asterix.singe, first lines 

il y a 2 minutes, Karis a dit :

Euh tu veux dire les boites de jeux ?

Si c'est le cas oui. Il faut chercher dans la section menu du premier post et tu trouveras un lien vers toutes les boites de jeu.

c est image la

x8oy.png

j ai pas pour les deux jeux que j ai cite 

4 minuti fa, shift ha scritto:

I checked the global.singe file and on line 357 there is this line: sndroll = soundLoad (MYDIR .. "/ Sounds / roll.wav")
Actually, the roll.wav file is not in my Sound folder.

On 23/04/2021 at 2:57 AM, Karis said:

True

do we have he-man somewhere in  Mugen though?

Adesso, Karis ha scritto:

And do you know on which version you were ? Normaly it's on cliff.singe and Asterix.singe, first lines 

VERSION:        2.2

il y a 4 minutes, shift a dit :

I checked the global.singe file and on line 357 there is this line: sndroll = soundLoad (MYDIR .. "/ Sounds / roll.wav")
Actually, the roll.wav file is not in my Sound folder.

Yeah roll was added in. 2.21 or so...

You missed the previous update.

You can grab it here: 

Hidden Content

Maybe it will ask you other things after this.

Edited by Karis

il y a 4 minutes, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

c est image la

Hidden Content

j ai pas pour les deux jeux que j ai cite 

Là dedans il y a tout:

Hidden Content

il y a 12 minutes, Karis a dit :

Là dedans il y a tout:

Hidden Content

cool merci ca fait mieux dans mon menu winstep vais garder les autres au cas ou je mettrais d autre jeux

il y a 45 minutes, Cool Coyote a dit :

do we have he-man somewhere in  Mugen though?

Not from me for now. Real Life job is demanding. But maybe one day if no-one does it before. It's not that difficult to create a game.

Yeah roll was added in. 2.21 or so...

You missed the previous update.

You can grab it here: 

Hidden Content

Maybe it will ask you other things after this.

To complete the update I also downloaded the following files from the Overlay folder of each game: death.png, minus.png, perfect.png, total.png also in the Lores version and of course the Namegame.singe

il y a 3 minutes, shift a dit :

To complete the update I also downloaded the following files from the Overlay folder of each game: death.png, minus.png, perfect.png, total.png also in the Lores version and of course the Namegame.singe

I think you were right. Sorry i could not remember what was in 2.21

11 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

I think you were right. Sorry i could not remember what was in 2.21

No problem, thanks to you for your releases!