[Arcade PC] Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 / 6R (Namco ES3)

CiTrON

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/31/2021 at 1:00 PM, JustinCredible81 said:

Oh I don't have the same problem as you do I don't get the white screen it's black with the menu options in Japanese but after a few seconds a yellow box pops up and I can't enter test mode or do anything. 

@JustinCredible81 I just noticed that there are two copies one for TP and the other for JConfig. choose wislely

4 minutes ago, JustinCredible81 said:

No there isn't. It says playable via JConfig here, or TP. TP just means the game without using JConfig. it's the same files. 

Same files different exe although for some people it doesn’t work even using it have you tried 

the new jconfig?(1.1) Personally I’ll wait for tp but if you prefer jconfig 

Edited by R.R.Z.

12 minutes ago, R.R.Z. said:

Same files different exe although for some people it doesn’t work even using it have you tried 

the new jconfig?(1.1) Personally I’ll wait for tp but if you prefer jconfig 

I don't care about Jconfig or Teknoparrot just want it to work.

Going to try Jconfig 1.1 somehow missed that it was just posted on the previous page. 

Edit: Finally, no yellow box! Thank you Flybit for fixing that. 

Edited by JustinCredible81

1 hour ago, JustinCredible81 said:

Going to try Jconfig 1.1 somehow missed that it was just posted on the previous page. 

We tested ithe issue as the game was flagging wireless keyboard/mouse dongles and Fly got it down to stop the Terminal Emu crashing and 1911 error. Dude is ace.

1 hour ago, JustinCredible81 said:

@JustinCredible81 there is a message in the foldeer inside a readme.txt says that game isn't for TP users just check out. :)

10 minutes ago, Omar2 said:

@JustinCredible81 there is a message in the foldeer inside a readme.txt says that game isn't for TP users just check out. :)

Doesn't matter it's fixed. Time to move on. I said this many pages ago while I appreciate people trying to help I knew this was going to take someone with a lot of knowledge to fix it, so guessing wasn't going to help. I couldn't have fixed it either. It took the guy and others who make Jconfig. There's some situations where a best guess is not good enough. It took an updated Jconfig 1.1. 

11 minutes ago, rockohoward said:

We tested ithe issue as the game was flagging wireless keyboard/mouse dongles and Fly got it down to stop the Terminal Emu crashing and 1911 error. Dude is ace.

Glad you guys figured it out I tried everything I could think of. I do have  wireless keyboard/mouse but I unplugged every usb device and still error. But glad it's fixed. :very-good:

Edited by JustinCredible81

12 minutes ago, JustinCredible81 said:

Doesn't matter it's fixed. Time to move on. I said this many pages ago while I appreciate people trying to help I knew this was going to take someone with a lot of knowledge to fix it, so guessing wasn't going to help. I couldn't have fixed it either. It took the guy and others who make Jconfig. There's some situations where a best guess is not good enough. It took an updated Jconfig 1.1. 

Glad you guys figured it out I tried everything I could think of. I do have  wireless keyboard/mouse but I unplugged every usb device and still error. But glad it's fixed. :very-good:

I had to physically unplug the dongle for it to run when the issue was there. The error generates due to multiple usb dongles being detected.

Just now, rockohoward said:

I had to physically unplug the dongle for it to run when the issue was there. The error generates due to multiple usb dongles being detected.

I did that I have a gaming laptop I unplugged all usb devices and since my touchpad on my laptop doesn't work I had to highlight the exe before unplugging everything then hit enter on the laptop keyboard. The error changed from 1911 to 1901 but still error for me. Until I tried you guys Jconfig 1.1 Ihad a yellow box every single time I booted the game even with no usbs attached. 

On 5/31/2021 at 12:40 PM, MaTI said:

whenever i getting no answer and white screen 

If you are on win 10 try using windows 8 compatibility mode. If you have that on try turning it off. It works for me through standard win 10 and not win 8 but for others it works the other way around. 

4 hours ago, han83 said:

anyone know how to change the resolution. Jconfig doesn't allow to change resolution

I guess all you can do is hex that wmmt6.exe file. 

4 hours ago, murray said:

If you look in the folder data\msgdb there's a spreadsheet in there with around 15k lines of english translation. It has all the test menu translations in there as well.

I wonder if it's possible to enable this. I tried to see in the menu if there was anything about language but i couldn't find anything.

There's some info in data\setting\setting_default.lua file if you open it in the text editor about locale, if you set it to USA or US it doesn't do anything.

If you look in data_jp\msgdb\msgdb.lua it has all the pointers to the language in the spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure the full english translation is included, just need to work out how to enable it. I'd say you just have to build this file with the english entered. I could be wrong though, the game seems to run fine even if you rename both of those files. You don't get the test menu screens on startup though.

EDIT: those seem to all be setting related translations, the story mode files are located here

\data_jp\scene\ESeries_010A\Race\message.xmlt

Open up each race and you can translate the files....it will be a big job to translate. At least it's plain text.

There’s an English translation for wmmt5 so im optimistic someone will make for 6 too

here's the first story race in English, i tried to make sense of it, see what you think, if it's good i'll do some more

put it here, backup your original file first...

WanganMidnightMT6\data_jp\scene\ESeries_001\Race

let me know what you think :very-good:

Message.xmlt

Anyone test this on ttx3 multi yet on original hardware?

4 minutes ago, murray said:

I'm not sure about the multi, but the TTX3 model hardware with 660gtx video card runs it perfectly I have it on my unit which has Windows 10 installed on there.

awesome, i'll confirm if i can get to my cabs tonight to check it out. or just get it running for that matter hehe.

3 hours ago, EmuAl said:

here's the first story race in English, i tried to make sense of it, see what you think, if it's good i'll do some more

put it here, backup your original file first...

WanganMidnightMT6\data_jp\scene\ESeries_001\Race

let me know what you think :very-good:

Message.xmlt

Your job is very good, I hope you do it in the other races. Congratulations.

I wonder if  the terminal tool for wmmt 5 working on wmmt 6....

Stuck on getting game to work. Launched wmm6r.exe, black screen, some kanji appears then it crashes. Tried running in windows 8 compat mode, doesn't work. Should I dump the part 2 .rar into part 1? What do I do? 

Edited by pavilion111304

10 hours ago, R.R.Z. said:

There’s an English translation for wmmt5 so im optimistic someone will make for 6 too

Considering there's 5DX+ english dump already there, is it possible to pull the translation for the first 60 races off that and put it into the 6 dump we currently have?

Something I'll certainly try once back from work.

Edited by ZX3000GT1

56 minutes ago, ZX3000GT1 said:

Considering there's 5DX+ english dump already there

wait. I remember only original 5 dump been around not even DX. I actually want 5DX+ entry music file xD

Btw I played 80 story racers so it means that I done a full tuning. Where I can unlock bodykits? Or it's an online only stuff? :unsure:

unknown_2021.06.03-12.02.png

16 minutes ago, lithium-0 said:

i can't bind controls on my controller as jconfig does not detect them, what do i do

Make sure that JConfig recognized your gamepad first. Then check the box "CreateThread for Joysticks". After that choose your gamepad type DInput (DualShock 4 ex.) or XInput (Xbox) and try to bind the buttons again. 

57567.png

Edited by ryuzo7980

6 hours ago, ryuzo7980 said:

Make sure that JConfig recognized your gamepad first. Then check the box "CreateThread for Joysticks". After that choose your gamepad type DInput (DualShock 4 ex.) or XInput (Xbox) and try to bind the buttons again. 

57567.png

it worked, thanks ryuzo7980

unfortunately i can't get the game working, as a white screen shows up on boot and the game crashes

idk what to do for this bit, can anyone help?

il y a 12 minutes, lithium-0 a dit :

not op but i do have a nvidia gpu, what do i do?

Namco System ES3[edit]