Aller au contenu

[Emu] Virtua Striker 4 (Arcade Triforce) | Emulator PC: Dolphin 5.0 Triforce

brodostar-

Messages recommandés

50 minutes ago, Hyperscorpio said:

In opengl appears that way.

It will not make any effects, because the problem here is the emulator to be not stable. You need at least dolphin 4.0, sadly the triforce source was removed in there. You need to ask dolphin for the source of 3.5 version triforce branch and the official 5.0. 

but if I get a newer version, won't that fuk with why we are using the older tri force dolphin version?

4 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

but if I get a newer version, won't that fuk with why we are using the older tri force dolphin version?

They are using the old triforce version, because was the only one with the source implemented, and after all games being fixed, in the future it can be implemented in the last stable version of dolphin. :)

Read: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-all-in-one-triforce-discussion-thread?pid=524300#pid524300

I'm trying the best to clarify and help triforce system.

Modifié par Hyperscorpio

9 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

to paly all trifoce games you have to  use the old versions 309 & 315

and each game should be played with a separate emulator with its own geeko code implemented and saved and controls saved as well. for example am using a wheel for Mario Kart Arcade GP & Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

and that could be done by writing a batch for it

1 hour ago, Omar2 said:

to paly all trifoce games you have to  use the old versions 309 & 315

and each game should be played with a separate emulator with its own geeko code implemented and saved and controls saved as well. for example am using a wheel for Mario Kart Arcade GP & Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

and that could be done by writing a batch for it

er yes i have said that myself on this forum and made a tri force video on utube about it. but not vs4.  but yes im very familiar on try force games and the fact u need both versions for mario kart arcade game. its fidgety at best. this simple tutorial of vs3 

1 hour ago, Hyperscorpio said:

They are using the old triforce version, because was the only one with the source implemented, and after all games being fixed, in the future it can be implemented in the last stable version of dolphin. :)

Read: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-all-in-one-triforce-discussion-thread?pid=524300#pid524300

I'm trying the best to clarify and help triforce system.

hyper yes I love your work , well done. I have been asking about this for awhile now, so the fact that I can even play this game is  very good to me. 

11 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

er yes i have said that myself on this forum and made a tri force video on utube about it. but not vs4.  but yes im very familiar on try force games and the fact u need both versions for mario kart arcade game. its fidgety at best. this simple tutorial of vs3 

No need that tutorial anymore, it works all VS3 Versions on brodostar.

13 hours ago, brodostar- said:

This setup should be very powerful. What do you mean by “it is very slow”? How many FPS are you getting? I have a less powerful setup but I’m getting ~50fps (although the emulation slows down a bit sometimes).

A couple of things I did to improve performance on my end was:

- go to NVIDIA control panel, and set maximum performance / triple buffering on the dolphin exe

- enable V-sync in the dolphin settings

- enter windows display settings and confirm the monitor refresh rate is 60hz

I’m not sure if others have other tips on what worked for them

Thanks for the tips, checking the Vsync option has already helped a lot in speed, as you said at times it is very slow but overall it has improved a lot.

Here is a setting guide for low end pcs to get the best performance for virtua striker 4 on this modified version ..

the guide is made by nohero  😎

https://mega.nz/file/bJsAEbYT#gHgMOsAcQjpUglhM58xek3Mog4OjoQr4N3Wtkg083w4

pass is as usual : nohero

just follow the graphic settings to set up the emulator and read the readme file

1 hour ago, mamefan2018 said:

Here is a setting guide for low end pcs to get the best performance for virtua striker 4 on this modified version ..

the guide is made by nohero  😎

https://mega.nz/file/bJsAEbYT#gHgMOsAcQjpUglhM58xek3Mog4OjoQr4N3Wtkg083w4

pass is as usual : nohero

just follow the graphic settings to set up the emulator and read the readme file

Wow, what a difference, works way better. One note, we can change the resolution to the native one you want it, and change the Internal Resolution, those 2 options will not effect to problems at all. 

Update: I know why is slow... the virtua striker 2004 version is always the problem, the 2006 version i have no problems at all. It seems it needs more fixes in the export version, then the japanese revision versions. 

Virtua Striker 4 - 2004 - Works nice, but many lagging.

Virtua Striker 4 ver.2006 - 2006 Works nice, no lagging, only the shaders goes away. 

If we had one Virtua Striker 4 2004 version in Japanese or maybe USA you will see a BIG difference. 

Modifié par Hyperscorpio

Il 17/2/2022 at 10:32, Hyperscorpio ha scritto:

Thanks brodostar for the emulator, i just wanna post here the game list of the dumps are working and others need some repair.

Stable

Virtua Striker 2002 (Type 3) - Working
Virtua Striker 2002 (Japan) - Working
Virtua Striker 2002 (Export) - Working
Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Japan, Rev D) - Working
Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Japan, Rev B ) - Working, but icons need to be removed.
Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Export) - Working
Virtua Striker 4 (Export) - Working

Boot Firmware need

Virtua Striker 4 (Asia)
Virtua Striker 4 (Asia, Rev B )
Virtua Striker 4 (Export, Rev A)

Missing dumps - Avaliable but are in CHD and extracted CHD, need a correct BIN File. 

Virtua Striker 4 (Japan, Rev C)
Virtua Striker 4 (Japan, Rev E)

All of this dumps are from here: https://archive.org/details/triforce-roms

Don´t forget! The dumps to play the games are Decrypted versions.

Rename the .bin file to .iso and then if you want convert it in to .gcz for small size you just simply compress by just clicking in your right button of your mouse in the dolphin emulator in the game you choose for compressing the ISO. 

Enjoy! :very-good:

hello forgive me i don t undrrstand what kind of rom of    VIRTUA STRKER 4  must use ...in other words what format the DOLPHIN read because i download several roms but it does not recognize them

En 17/2/2022 a las 10:32, Hyperscorpio dijo:

Thanks brodostar for the emulator, i just wanna post here the game list of the dumps are working and others need some repair.

Stable

Virtua Striker 2002 (Type 3) - Working
Virtua Striker 2002 (Japan) - Working
Virtua Striker 2002 (Export) - Working
Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Japan, Rev D) - Working
Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Japan, Rev B ) - Working, but icons need to be removed.
Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Export) - Working
Virtua Striker 4 (Export) - Working

Boot Firmware need

Virtua Striker 4 (Asia)
Virtua Striker 4 (Asia, Rev B )
Virtua Striker 4 (Export, Rev A)

Missing dumps - Avaliable but are in CHD and extracted CHD, need a correct BIN File. 

Virtua Striker 4 (Japan, Rev C)
Virtua Striker 4 (Japan, Rev E)

All of this dumps are from here: https://archive.org/details/triforce-roms

Don´t forget! The dumps to play the games are Decrypted versions.

Rename the .bin file to .iso and then if you want convert it in to .gcz for small size you just simply compress by just clicking in your right button of your mouse in the dolphin emulator in the game you choose for compressing the ISO. 

Enjoy! :very-good:

Work F-Zero AX (Rev C).BIN

Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev B).BIN

???

so what's regarding Donkey Kong Jungle Fever  Donkey_Kong_Banana_Kingdom.jpg.e22f0c4f469a32d21271cfdf9cc94c16.jpg

Donkey Kong: Banana KingdomDonkey_Kong_Banana_Kingdom_Japanese_Logo.jpg.8ccb8751cc9d542b8ed24e6be8737aef.jpg

List of games

Distributed by Namco

Distributed by Sega

https://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=545

Modifié par Omar2

It seems the conversation is drifting off-topic here.
Can we keep this thread about Dolphin support for Virtua Striker 4, and start a separate thread to discuss Triforce support in general (or game-specific support?

I’ll let the moderators chime in here about the forum’s best practices

Modifié par brodostar-

12 hours ago, Hyperscorpio said:

No need that tutorial anymore, it works all VS3 Versions on brodostar.

no il keep it cos mario kart and MarioKartGP2 u need 2 versions. i get a black screen with ur version

On 2/18/2022 at 8:59 AM, brodostar- said:

Yeah it doesn’t happen in my YouTube video (except if you look at the intro scene, the red card from the referee shows the same issue).

During gameplay it happens relatively rarely to me, but I’ve seen that issue too.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix it?

First if all great job on this modified version of the emu ...

I downloaded and tested 2 versions ... the original 2004 export version and the 2006 export version ...

regarding the shader issue .. it only happened in the 2006 ver for me and it happens a lot  ... as for the 2004 ver I played it for over an hour and it never happened once (but there is some minor graphical bugs but nothing noticeable)

as for performance both run really well on my system .. and what helped for me to get a smooth experience was selecting (DSP LLE recompiler ) in sound settings ... it specifically helped with some sound hiccups ..

the 2004 ver runs smoothly .. 60fps almost all the time and no shader issues so I think it's the better version right now for me ... as for the 2006 ver it runs 60fps most of the time with some minor slowdowns at the beginning of the match or halftime .. but nothing serious.

8 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

no il keep it cos mario kart and MarioKartGP2 u need 2 versions. i get a black screen with ur version

LOL. Works for me both 3, maybe you are using the wrong one's. 

14 hours ago, Rex2573 said:

hello forgive me i don t undrrstand what kind of rom of    VIRTUA STRKER 4  must use ...in other words what format the DOLPHIN read because i download several roms but it does not recognize them

Triforce Decrypted Roms with BIN File, rename it in to ISO. Done. 

14 hours ago, Guisado88 said:

Test all of them if you want, i only care about the soccer one's. If you want to talk about other games, like said brodostar, make a new thread only for those games. Enjoy. 

18 hours ago, eljose said:

http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=728   how about this game   Gekitou Pro Yakyuu
 and  Starfox ?? for TRIFORCE ?

Send a email to system16 it have facebook. 

Modifié par Hyperscorpio

Il 17/2/2022 at 07:43, brodostar- ha scritto:

vs4_logo2.png.82c9c28c9c13e20c69ad8e232032ea5e.pngvs4_logo.png.6e45736c19cec0548cbadef377b0bc07.png

Virtua Striker 4 (all Arcade Triforce versions) on Windows PC with Dolphin Triforce-brodostar-v4.0-310.1

This is a custom Dolphin Triforce build based off of v4.0-310 (latest update from @crediar ~8 years ago).

The latest version of Dolphin Triforce technically already emulates VS4, but what’s preventing it from running is the Media board boot/firm version check at boot, and the incorrect input mapping for the game (VS4 is the only game in the franchise with analog lever input).

I spent a while playing with the Dolphin Debugger + Ghidra to find the instruction to patch for the boot/firm check and learning the JVS spec to add support for analog lever input for VS4.  

I also included all the patches for configuring all the game settings, including disabling the network/card in-game 

features (to remove the network/card unavailable icons at the bottom of the screen).

See the README file in the link below for FAQs.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/U0tQXYTa#qcVLwmVz3KL9VR_XKMdXCg

-brodo

Great work Brodo,i can finally play VS4 on PC after all these years and it's glorious! Thank you so much!

Sei italiano come penso, grazie di cuore, hai realizzato un sogno.

3 ore fa, mamefan2018 ha scritto:

what helped for me to get a smooth experience was selecting (DSP LLE recompiler ) in sound settings

Nice advice,that fixed some issue that i had with the game as well,thank you.

Modifié par Raikoh

3 hours ago, Raikoh said:

Great work Brodo,i can finally play VS4 on PC after all these years and it's glorious! Thank you so much!

Sei italiano come penso, grazie di cuore, hai realizzato un sogno.

Nice advice,that fixed some issue that i had with the game as well,thank you.

I change the (fast) one to the normal one and the Virtua Striker 4 2004 version just fixed the speed in the match. :very-good:

But after a few matches the slowdowns keep it. :blink:

Audio.png

Thanks to nohero, here's my specs. (For now is a sample, due future options changed will made better experience.)

My Config for Brodostar's Dolphin.7z

Update: I need help about the textures of the players appearing in black on Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006, is there any option box to fix it?

Modifié par Hyperscorpio

hace 17 horas, Omar2 dijo:

so what's regarding Donkey Kong Jungle Fever  Donkey_Kong_Banana_Kingdom.jpg.e22f0c4f469a32d21271cfdf9cc94c16.jpg

Donkey Kong: Banana KingdomDonkey_Kong_Banana_Kingdom_Japanese_Logo.jpg.8ccb8751cc9d542b8ed24e6be8737aef.jpg

List of games

Distributed by Namco

This 2 games ar 'Capcom Based Medal hardware'   http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=997&gid=19002#19002

hace 17 horas, Omar2 dijo:

so after more testing trying to get rid of the shader problem in the 2006 version .. playing around with all the settings ..the only thing that fixed it for me is:

deleting the shadercache inside user/shadercache  .. in the emu folder if u set the emu as portable  .. the 2 files are ( dx11-GVSJ8P-SBLL-ps.cache and dx11-GVSJ8P-SBLL-vs.cache ) for the 2006 export version

and in graphics settings under hacks --> EFB Copies set it to ram and check enable cache .

the downside is that the next time u play the game u get some slowdowns when building cache ...but after playing for sometime it runs much smoother ... after doing that i didn't get any shader problems so far .. not sure if the issue with shaders will return after a pc restart or after playing the game more...but I guess I'll just delete them again if that happens.

as for the 2004 version it doesn't need the EFB copies to be set to ram since it doesn't have shader issues  ... it actually works better with it set to texture  ..what i did is i tweaked the ini (properties -->edit config) and added

[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = True

for me it works smoother that way ... of course another simple solution is to create another emu setup since they can be set to work as portable and use it for the 2004 version.

and of course like i stated before in the sound settings using "DSP LLE recompile" made a big performance difference for me ..

and one final thing .. in graphics under hacks I checked "skip EFB Access from CPU"  .. and that is the only option that I felt improved overall performance and is stable .. unlike other options that lead to crashes ..

so if anyone has slowdowns and hiccups ..i get that after playing for a long time  ..give it a try.. I played for almost 2 hrs the 2004 and 2006 versions and I got 60fps all the time.

Modifié par mamefan2018

16 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

so after more testing trying to get rid of the shader problem in the 2006 version .. playing around with all the settings ..the only thing that fixed it for me is:

deleting the shadercache inside user/shadercache  .. in the emu folder if u set the emu as portable  .. the 2 files are ( dx11-GVSJ8P-SBLL-ps.cache and dx11-GVSJ8P-SBLL-vs.cache ) for the 2006 export version

and in graphics settings under hacks --> EFB Copies set it to ram and check enable cache .

the downside is that the next time u play the game u get some slowdowns when building cache ...but after playing for sometime it runs much smoother ... after doing that i didn't get any shader problems so far .. not sure if the issue with shaders will return after a pc restart or after playing the game more...but I guess I'll just delete them again if that happens.

as for the 2004 version it doesn't need the EFB copies to be set to ram since it doesn't have shader issues  ... it actually works better with it set to texture  ..what i did is i tweaked the ini (properties -->edit config) and added

[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = True

for me it works smoother that way ... of course another simple solution is to create another emu setup since they can be set to work as portable and use it for the 2004 version.

and of course like i stated before in the sound settings using "DSP LLE recompile" made a big performance difference for me ..

and one final thing .. in graphics under hacks I checked "skip EFB Access from CPU"  .. and that is the only option that I felt improved overall performance and is stable .. unlike other options that lead to crashes ..

so if anyone has slowdowns and hiccups ..i get that after playing for a long time  ..give it a try.. I played for almost 2 hrs the 2004 and 2006 versions and I got 60fps all the time.

Hold it right there.

Removing the cache and just add the Skip EFB Acess from the CPU it makes even more playable. 

I think we need to remove the cache everytime. 

Stay with the texture option.

The same thing happen to Demul, if we remove the cache, and load the game and let it at least 10 minutes power on without playing, the beeps will go away for good.

Flycast fix that issue in the naomi 1 games and it will do the same for naomi 2. 

With Naomi 1 games running on demul the beeps appears at the beggining, but if you test flycast it doesn´t occur that thing at all. 

Anyways, the triforce branch need a update at least in the speed emulation, textures, the 2006 still showing black players and on the penalty kick the graphic bar instead showing X and O in those boxes, just appears some strange textures from the stadium need to be fixed.

Modifié par Hyperscorpio

9 hours ago, Hyperscorpio said:

Hold it right there.

Removing the cache and just add the Skip EFB Acess from the CPU it makes even more playable. 

I think we need to remove the cache everytime. 

Stay with the texture option.

The same thing happen to Demul, if we remove the cache, and load the game and let it at least 10 minutes power on without playing, the beeps will go away for good.

Flycast fix that issue in the naomi 1 games and it will do the same for naomi 2. 

With Naomi 1 games running on demul the beeps appears at the beggining, but if you test flycast it doesn´t occur that thing at all. 

Anyways, the triforce branch need a update at least in the speed emulation, textures, the 2006 still showing black players and on the penalty kick the graphic bar instead showing X and O in those boxes, just appears some strange textures from the stadium need to be fixed.

Maybe its related to different GPU's. I never deleted the shader cache and I've played each VS4 export & VS4 2006 export for maybe an hour each and I haven't experienced any of the shader issues. I've only had slow downs playing the VS4 export.

hello everyone...sue that is not exclusively related to vs4...but I leave my concern.
Trying dolphin triforce as well as a few years ago I did not succeed and I could never make the 2002 (Japanese) version work... I tried different iso and also change the game id but nothing. Dolphin always makes it run the "export" version...the export version at the start is always sponsored by "umbro" just like the game ball. On the other hand, the Japanese version does not have this mark at the beginning of the game and the ball is from the 2002 World Cup. In Nintendo I have both versions of 2002 working as well as the other versions of vs4 without problems. Greetings and any answer is welcome.

2 hours ago, bojo5150 said:

Maybe its related to different GPU's. I never deleted the shader cache and I've played each VS4 export & VS4 2006 export for maybe an hour each and I haven't experienced any of the shader issues. I've only had slow downs playing the VS4 export.

I Already post my specs using cpu-z from dolphins settings in to shots before.

And i don´t have no erros, bugs, glitches or hiccups on Dolphin 5.0 because is stable playing Virtua Striker 3, ver. 2002 US 60FPS, EUR 50FPS, JAP 60FPS.

This one from dolphin is not stable and the devs of dolphin doesn´t release at least one using triforce branch as stable. :(:

Link: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/Triforce/1/?nocr=true

4.0-315 - This is unstable version

5.0-15993 - This is unstable version

The Stable one's

Dolphin 3.0

Dolphin 3.5

Dolphin 4.0

Dolphin 4.0.1

Dolphin 4.0.2

Dolphin 5.0

If i use a dolphin not stable recently it have the same issues, and i keep continue to tell you i can´t play anything with unstable versions, but you people complain about my hardware as usual. 

My hardware is fine, i can play games great with cxbx, at even pcsx3 with the original console settings i can play with no problems. I can give you one game example, Soulcalibur 4 is necessary to believe me?

I hope triforce gets added in to Dolphin 6.0.

Have a great day.

Modifié par Hyperscorpio

hello again...as for the vs4 versions, both the export and the japanese ones work very well...except for the detail that in the second match (first round) that is played on the court where in the lower part of the sides it gives the shadow of the roof of the stadium, it has problems with black textures, just like if he touches a corner kick from that side the player is totally black..
Greetings and we will see if these minimum details can be solved.

Hello Brodo, and first I would like to congratulate you, that game was requested by so many for so long !!

Unfortunately I cannot manage to make it work on the computer I have dedicated for emulation. Each time I launch a version or another of Virtua Striker 4 the emulator shows only a black screen then it freezes and eventually crashes as it tries to use almost all the memory available (I have 32 Gb).

This computer is running Windows 10 and is successfully working for many kind of emulators as I have almost 400 systems set up on my hyperspin installation and I have all the necessary libraries installed.

I can also run the standard version of Dolphin and I used to be running the other Triforce games without a problem. However I can see now that I have  the same problem with the so called DolphinWX and DolphinFZ versions which were running Mario Kart GP and FZero respectively (strangely I don't have this problem with the version Triforce 3.0 which is running Mario Kart GP2, go figure !!).

I can also run your version of dolphin successfully on another computer. So I understand that the problem is coming from my computer and not the emu but maybe you have heard or encountered such a problem before.

Anyway, thanks again and I am open to any suggestions as I am a bit lost for now.

@brudibru , I have exactly the same thing and like you 32gb Ram, I can run any other version of dolphin for triforce games, albeit with different versions for each game, which is standard as you know and they all  work reasonably well, yet I had  VStriker 4, including the 2006 versions, running quite well on my mates computer with only 8gb and a Nvidia 750ti graphics card but it wont run on mine with an 8gb quattro card, 32gb ram and a 12 core 26 thread xeon processor, to make things worse he deleted the emulator off his computer, so I cannot even remember the settings or get a copy of the dumps I used on the emulator at his house. I think it just comes down to luck with dolphin or so it seems anyway.

10 hours ago, GingerJazz said:

@brudibru , I have exactly the same thing and like you 32gb Ram, I can run any other version of dolphin for triforce games, albeit with different versions for each game, which is standard as you know and they all  work reasonably well, yet I had  VStriker 4, including the 2006 versions, running quite well on my mates computer with only 8gb and a Nvidia 750ti graphics card but it wont run on mine with an 8gb quattro card, 32gb ram and a 12 core 26 thread xeon processor, to make things worse he deleted the emulator off his computer, so I cannot even remember the settings or get a copy of the dumps I used on the emulator at his house. I think it just comes down to luck with dolphin or so it seems anyway.

i dont think its luck,  dolphin wants nvidia. now all games run well, but also all dolphin games running on older dolphin versions run worse than newer ones we have to play on an old tri force dolphin version, i get over 100 fps but then also i get stuttering back down to 49fps  up and down fps   L    A    G  on the soccer games. it maybe just cache it may not be. all i know is i can play RDR2 in max settings in 4k HDR at over 90fps into the 100's

32 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

i dont think its luck,  dolphin wants nvidia. now all games run well, but also all dolphin games running on older dolphin versions run worse than newer ones we have to play on an old tri force dolphin version, i get over 100 fps but then also i get stuttering back down to 49fps  up and down fps   L    A    G  on the soccer games. it maybe just cache it may not be. all i know is i can play RDR2 in max settings in 4k HDR at over 90fps into the 100's

It's because i already said it. It's not a stable emulator. I don´t need to repeat this. 

1 hour ago, Hyperscorpio said:

It's because i already said it. It's not a stable emulator. I don´t need to repeat this. 

Hyper im Not in competition with you my friend, I mealy giving my thoughts since iv used dolphin for a long long time. i also was not asking you to comment since i replied to others.