Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Daphne 4K, 60fps remastered and complete laserdisc arcade collection

LizardKing

Messages recommandés

Capture d’écran 2023-04-21 à 00.09.54.png

[Arcade PC] Daphne 4K, 60fps remastered and complete laserdisc arcade collection

I started work on an upscaled version of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace about a month ago then discovered I was beaten to it by Sirdrak (thank you).

I thought there may be something more I could do here so I upscaled the deep learning versions to 4K using waifu2x-caffe and produced some HD 60fps versions too (with FFMPEG).

I added a little custom desktop front end which allows easy launching, decent configuration (including spanish audio and widescreen) and command line support.

I then upscaled Thayer's quest, although the source video was not great and I also added the remastered version of Cliff Hanger, tested it all and with the front end, cleaned it all up and bundled it altogether in an easy to use ISO and here it is:

https://mega.nz/file/axYG2RCR#6jIEO8rAU_U4JZt-sbjT_AP7_4Ba9ondnFIKTjZJrY8

I wanted to share this and I feel many will like it.

Basically these are the first 4K versions of Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Thayers Quest, and Dragon's Lair 2. Nobody else has seen them other than me. Those are the only 4 games in Daphne capable of running at other resolutions. Since the remastered SD version of Cliff Hanger is the only other good quality video I decided to add that too.

I'm not regularly involved on this site but this looked like the best place to release it. I am not regularly using Mega either so the link is probably only good for a month. Rehost If you like.

Some feedback would be nice, and enjoy.

Credit to Sirdrak here. Its all because of him.

------------------------------

Updated 2020-10-26

- New redone 60fps versions using highest settings.

- Cliff Hanger will now play in 16:19 if the aspect ration/widescreen option is set.

Updated 2020-10-31

- Huge update.

- Now includes every arcade laserdisc game including AML and arcade singe. This is now a complete laserdisc arcade collection.

- I realize the download is huge but I believe this is a good release and I do not personally have a problem with what is done with it. If you complain be prepared to be told to go f*ck yourself!

- I removed the 14 pixel border from Cliff Hanger

- Cliffhanger 60fps version.

- New setting to make widescreen (16:0) look better by stretching slightly vertically. I tend to not like 4:3 myself.

- Batch files now included for all games. Easy to see how to launch from another frontend

Updated 2020-11-25

- To maintain full compatibility with front ends, cobraab is now properly accepted as command line argument.

Updated 2021-01-22

- Small update to Daphne 4k.exe - Adds Us Vs. Them to other games and renames Star Blazer to StarBlazer. Note that Starblazer is a clone of Galaxy Ranger and not the same as the Singe game which was not an arcade game hence not included,

- Links are all still valid and working. The Mega account is paid up until end of the summer.

Updated 2021-02-24

- Star Blazers (Singe 1) by Karis and Famawizard has been added. Starblazer which is just the Japanese version of Galaxy Ranger has been removed to avoid confusion. Star Blazers was in fact in the arcades but only in Japan,

- New reverse uip/down keyboard controls option. This only affects mach 3, galaxy ranger, astron belt, and cobra command. These games used a kind of flight stick in the arcades and up down was reversed. To me, it seemed like a useful option and makes playing these games more logical and playable on a keyboard or joystick. Link updated.

Updated 2020-04-14

- I had another go at Thayer's Quest and there is a new 4K (1440p) version included in this. I used MadVR and captured the output. Resulting in something very decent in my opinion considering the LaserDisc capture is quite bad. If anyone has a lossless copy of the LD I would love to have another go at this. Still currently this is the best out there with Daphne at this point. I split the VOB into two parts as Daphne will not work with a video over 2GB. This allows a 1440P version with a reasonable quality MPEG2.

- Since I had good results with Thayer's quest I ran Cobra Command through MADVR and am calling this an HQ version which is also included. Daphne does not allow an upscaled version of this game but in my opinion this version looks better. Again, if someone has a better LD capture I would be happy to have another go but cant do a lot with Daphne. Maybe someone can make a Singe 2 version?

- This version utilizes the bezel project and works similar I guess to Rocketlauncher (although I did not look at it or the code) if you want this option. I have an outstanding issue with the ALT key pausing/unpausing the game when using Bezels and not sure how to fix that right now. Its because Daphne is running in a window. If anyone wants to help fix let me know.

42 minutes ago, LizardKing said:

I started work on an upscaled version of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace about a month ago then discovered I was beaten to it by Sirdrak (thank you).

I thought there may be something more I could do here so I upscaled the deep learning versions to 4K using waifu2x-caffe and produced some HD 60fps versions too (with FFMPEG).

I added a little custom desktop front end which allows easy launching, decent configuration (including spanish audio and widescreen) and command line support.

I then upscaled Thayer's quest, although the source video was not great and I also added the remastered version of Cliff Hanger, tested it all and with the front end, cleaned it all up and bundled it altogether in an easy to use ISO and here it is:

https://mega.nz/file/bt4GWSAQ#-5EA7nP6s5BG3H7zkGM9DeLloV96AaJCuwH7uy2F5ls

Basically these are the first 4K versions of Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Thayers Quest, and Dragon's Lair 2. Nobody else has seen them other than me. Those are the only 4 games in Daphne capable of running at other resolutions. Since the remastered SD version of Cliff Hanger is the only other good quality video I decided to add that too.

I'm not regularly involved on this site but this looked like the best place to release it. I am not regularly using Mega either so the link is probably only good for a month. Rehost If you like.

LizardKing, have you tried doing an upscale of Road Blaster or Cobra Command?  I get a feeling that if it is anything like what I saw on SirDrak when he did the intro to Brain Dead 13, it will be better than the original.  I would love to see the result. ;)

Just now, Jackie Brown said:

LizardKing, have you tried doing an upscale of Road Blaster or Cobra Command?  I get a feeling that if it is anything like what I saw on SirDrak when he did the intro to Brain Dead 13, it will be better than the original.  I would love to see the result. ;)

Unfortunately, they are the only 4 games in Daphne that support running at other resolutions. They were also already remastered to 720p. Upscaling can only do so much as you will see if you look at Thayer's quest.

13 ore fa, LizardKing ha scritto:

https://mega.nz/file/bt4GWSAQ#-5EA7nP6s5BG3H7zkGM9DeLloV96AaJCuwH7uy2F5ls

excuse me if possible post the single files for this games please

43 minuti fa, retroplay ha scritto:

The mega download is restricted to pro accounts (paid for) due to download size.  would be good if someone can share on gdrive or some other file sharing site

Holy words

Guys, I am not a pirate or a warez guy, I am a creator. Anyone can do what they want with what I created so how about you contribute something for a change and get off your ass and do it?

Why should people like I bother if all we get is cheap asshole complaints? If I get one more I will consider being done here and look for another outlet. Bunch of fucking idiots. Certainly won't bother again, that is for sure. I will just share with my friends. I believe that is how things are going now and I can see why.

Signed.

The Lizard King.

PS: If your not on board go fuck yourself. Fucking snowflakes, I bet.

Modifié par LizardKing

3 hours ago, LizardKing said:

Guys, I am not a pirate or a warez guy, I am a creator. Anyone can do what they want with what I created so how about you contribute something for a change and get off your ass and do it?

Why should people like I bother if all we get is cheap asshole complaints? If I get one more I will consider being done here and look for another outlet. Bunch of fucking idiots. Certainly won't bother again, that is for sure. I will just share with my friends. I believe that is how things are going now and I can see why.

Signed.

The Lizard King.

PS: If your not on board go fuck yourself. Fucking snowflakes, I bet.

Ignore tje negative people. I for one greatly appreciate your work and what you shared. This is a great idea, and a great use of advanced technology to make the games even better. Thanks for your hard work and sharing :D

15 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

Ignore tje negative people. I for one greatly appreciate your work and what you shared. This is a great idea, and a great use of advanced technology to make the games even better. Thanks for your hard work and sharing :D

Thanks buddy. Always best to hear it from your peers.

9 hours ago, LizardKing said:

Thanks buddy. Always best to hear it from your peers.

I played it this morning and it is amazing. Really great work. In case you are planning to do a V2, wondering if there is a way to encode them in 4:4:4? It seems like there is chroma subsampling pixelating the reds, again not a big deal it is amazing as is, but might be even better in 4:4:4.

2 hours ago, thewoolidge said:

Brilliant work Lizard King, I'm very impressed!!!  You didn't have to share this, so I appreciate the effort for the upload.

Note to all: If you use the MEGA Sync tool you don't need a paid account.

If you use megadownloader 1.8 you do not need a paid account either.

We are someone limited because

On 9/9/2020 at 6:24 PM, ducon2016 said:

I played it this morning and it is amazing. Really great work. In case you are planning to do a V2, wondering if there is a way to encode them in 4:4:4? It seems like there is chroma subsampling pixelating the reds, again not a big deal it is amazing as is, but might be even better in 4:4:4.

Its somewhat limited because it is mpeg2. 4:4:4 is not going to be possible unfortunately at least with Daphne.. I am working on an update but it is just going to be better 60fps versions (higher quality). \will be a few weeks. Thanks.

• 4 semaines aprĂšs...
On 10/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, fvargasfrank said:

Hello LizardKing quick question is there away to run this with a frontend, if i just want to launch Dragon lair HD ?

Thank you 

I would also like to know this, and if there is a way to redefine the keys as I am using an arcade cab - I am assuming via the dapinput, but wasn't 100% sure how the numbers corresponded to the keys...actually ignore me, I've just realised that my cab will be mapped correctly anyway, Im a moron

Thank you for this btw, it looks insanely good, even better than I expected. Really gives a new level to these classics

Modifié par Gimpy

Hi LizardKing, a clarification, I have not yet been able to try the 4K version on my 4K TV but I tried to run it on the Full HD monitor noticing something strange...
If I start Daphne manually from the command line with the parameters -fullscreen -x 2880 -y 2160 an error appears on the screen indicating that the resolution is not supported, I thought it was due to having tried to start a 4K resolution on a monitor Full HD, but if I try to start the same 4K version from the launcher you created the game starts correctly. So I went to see the Daphne log to understand how it was launched and among the command line parameters I find -fullscreen -x 1920 -y 1080 despite having started the 4K version.
Now, either the launcher you created checks the current resolution of the monitor in use by adjusting the command line or the 4K version runs in Full HD only, in the case of the second hypothesis I wonder: "Are you sure you can actually start a video with such a high resolution on Daphne? Am I doing something wrong? "

• 2 semaines aprĂšs...