Jump to content
scooby

[Arcade PC] Fright Fear Land / Haunted Museum II (Taito Type X)

Recommended Posts

On 12/1/2019 at 9:37 PM, lay72 said:

apparently ... it is not a forum of people very generous and ready to help and I do not speak only of me, there are several people who ask for help .... but no one answers .... yet we share a passion in common! anyway, having said that .... I try again ... as far as Haunting Museum 2 is concerned .... I tried various versions ... and various ini files ... initially I also gave the double message error sound ... passed this though .... I can start any version of the game, but only in the window .... and not in full screen ... someone good-hearted .... can you help?

 

On 12/8/2020 at 1:21 PM, Pitipablo31 said:

 

Hi everybody :)

 

Could anyone share this configuration, please ...?

 

Tyvm

Leave it in Window mode & use fullscreenizer
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6utvc3azpe0ugy5/fullscreenizer.zip/file
Source:
http://runtimeterror.com/tools/fullscreenizer/

Now my question what loader i use to play this game cause i don't see it
on the Tekno Parrot loader?

Edited by jvhellraiser
i just did....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 ora fa, jvhellraiser ha scritto:

Hi There! about this game, I don't remember what i did last year, but the game works out of the box, without any loader, set your desired resolution in the ini file and find Fearland patcher v4...i hope this can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had such a strange time with this game tonight.

 

I had this fully working in English with 1920 x 1080 res.

 

But tonight I went to play and kept getting video errors, My ini was exactly the same as sky2310's with the exceptions of having the higher res and jvs & gun enable set to 0 for demulshooter.

 

So anyways I tried Skys ini settings but kept the jvs and gun enable lines and the game works great again.

 

Now the really strange part is the game now plays in Japanese (cant change in test menu), And its created some CRC files in the main directory that were not there before.

Also now no matter what I change in the ini file it does not seem to make and difference to the game.

For instance I changed the res back to 1920x1080 and its still showing 1280x768.

 

So yeah its working again I just cant get it into English for some unknown reason or change the res :s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 2:47 AM, sky2310 said:

I finally got it to work...here's what I did for those needing help.

Edit the ini file as follows (no spaces between each line) - don't change resolution or it will crash:

 

FULLSCREEN 1
ASPECT_X 16
ASPECT_Y 9
CNFNAME. \ Cfg \ shh
RANKFILE. \ Cfg \
FORCE_RGB_MOVIE 1
SCREEN_WIDTH 1280
SCREEN_HEIGHT 768
RENDER_WIDTH 1280
RENDER_HEIGHT 768
ENABLE_VSYNC 1
FRAME_SKIP 0
FPS_DISP 1
REGION U
RENDER_WIDTH3D 1280
RENDER_HEIGHT3D 768

 

Install the latest version of K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1484_Full (do not change associations just install the drivers)

 

Then the game launches, press S to go to service mode here calibrate the guns then press 1 to accept and ESC to exit. 

 

Press S during game for COINS then begin by pressing 1 and then just mouse for the rest.

 

If you have a Aimtrak or Wiimote gun - use software such as Winmote or Aimtrak settings to calibrate it as a mouse and off you go!

 

IT CAN BE LAUNCHED FROM ANY DIRECTORY/SUB DIRECTORY AND RUN AS IS IN WINDOWS 10 (LATEST PATCHES AS OF MARCH 2019) NO NEED FOR WINDOWS XP/7.

 

 

hi any chance to configure button to start and coin instead of keyboard so i can use it on cabinet 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 7:01 PM, titchgamer said:

I have had such a strange time with this game tonight.

 

I had this fully working in English with 1920 x 1080 res.

 

But tonight I went to play and kept getting video errors, My ini was exactly the same as sky2310's with the exceptions of having the higher res and jvs & gun enable set to 0 for demulshooter.

 

So anyways I tried Skys ini settings but kept the jvs and gun enable lines and the game works great again.

 

Now the really strange part is the game now plays in Japanese (cant change in test menu), And its created some CRC files in the main directory that were not there before.

Also now no matter what I change in the ini file it does not seem to make and difference to the game.

For instance I changed the res back to 1920x1080 and its still showing 1280x768.

 

So yeah its working again I just cant get it into English for some unknown reason or change the res :s

 

I have the exact same problem once worked perfect before now English version is plaguing with Movie errors

only Jap version seems to run

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Moksi said:

 

I have the exact same problem once worked perfect before now English version is plaguing with Movie errors

only Jap version seems to run

 

Such a strange problem, Sadly never did get to the bottom of it :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 10:14 PM, jvhellraiser said:

how can i configure to use in cabinet

button or gun button to start the game 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to make a second sinden lightgun work with demulshooter. The problem is, that the second gun fires together with the first. Anybody knows the trick? Any other game, even Haunted Museum, works fine.. Maybe some adjustment for the second gun in the INI??

Edited by Scripper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2021 at 12:58 AM, GeneralNim said:

how can i configure to use in cabinet

button or gun button to start the game 

 

Try on PC instead of Cabinet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2021 at 11:44 PM, Scripper said:

Tried to make a second sinden lightgun work with demulshooter. The problem is, that the second gun fires together with the first. Anybody knows the trick? Any other game, even Haunted Museum, works fine.. Maybe some adjustment for the second gun in the INI??

Try this link: 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have been through all the posts here and wondered if anyone has a way to configure the built in button mappings.

 

I see a few comments about changing the default keys put no solution other than using a loader (I would prefer to just edit the game than use another loader)

 

Here are the buttons I have figured out with this thread and testing

 

Esc = Test Settings Menu
1 = P1 Start
2 = P2 Start
Hold 3 = P1 Gun Action (Single Shot)
Hold 4 = P2 Gun Action (Single Shot)
Left Mouse = P1 Trigger
Right Mouse = P2 Trigger

S = Coin/Service Button

 

Alt+F4 gives me a closing error which I would like to remove (I can do this with RocketLauncher but want to do it without)

60577212922a1_FrightFearLandExitError.PNG.590709be0f54c1c3b978a9ea5ca24597.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2021 at 9:41 PM, exodus123456 said:

I'm still having this I/O sound error, I have tried all exes and inis :(:

 

My main machine is Windows 10 x64 on which it runs perfectly however I have set up a small WIndows 7 x64 machine for light gun games and it refused to run no matter what I tried always with a sound error, I tried every fix I have read on this forum and others and none worked then by accident I actually got it working. I have a NAS drive which is mapped as "T" drive in explorer, the NAS had a backup of the game on it and I mistakenly hit the game.exe when viewing the folder and believe it or not the game started immediately with no errors. I copied the exact files over from my NAS directly over to my C: drive and it still gives me a sound error every time, I have never encountered anything like this before and struggle to think of a reason why.

 

TLDR - The game will run when the game files are stored on my NAS but refuses to run when the same files are copied over to C: Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×