LizardKing

[Arcade PC] Daphne 4K, 60fps remastered and complete laserdisc arcade collection

vor 18 Stunden schrieb LizardKing:

- This version utilizes the bezel project and works similar I guess to Rocketlauncher (although I did not look at it or the code) if you want this option. I have an outstanding issue with the ALT key pausing/unpausing the game when using Bezels and not sure how to fix that right now. Its because Daphne is running in a window. If anyone wants to help fix let me know.

Thank you for the new update :)

I tried the "bezel and fade" option, it works but the game screen overlaps the bezel image.

is it possible to use the bezels with a command line, like "daphne4k.exe tq bezel"?

Wow.

I see your post about what you were working earlier today, That's great news if it can it handle bigger dimensions.

Its your prerogative of course but would really love a windows version. I realize your hard core if your Linux only but Im just too old, lazy and impatient to use anything other than windows day to do basis and most people are' too.

Good work though. Impressive.

9 minutes ago, PolybiusExtreme said:

Thank you for the new update :)

I tried the "bezel and fade" option, it works but the game screen overlaps the bezel image.

is it possible to use the bezels with a command line, like "daphne4k.exe tq bezel"?

You can replace the images in the bezel folder..

If your saying what I think you are, yeah, not much can be done about that. There is no  opacity available for this. Its just window trickery.

On 15/04/2021 at 4:57 PM, LizardKing said:

Wow.

I see your post about what you were working earlier today, That's great news if it can it handle bigger dimensions.

Its your prerogative of course but would really love a windows version. I realize your hard core if your Linux only but Im just too old, lazy and impatient to use anything other than windows day to do basis and most people are' too.

Thank you, it's coming along with lots of nice features now - Joystick support in Singe games anyone....

I would *love* someone with Windows development experience to help out in a port, unfortunately I now have no experience...

It's all C++ and SDL2 and I have attempted to keep all the code portable.

!!!! HELP WANTED !!!!

Edited by xxOToTOxx
Remove request for help ;)

1 minute ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Thank you, it's coming along with lots of nice features now.

I would *love* someone with Windows development experience to help out in a port, unfortunately I have no experience...

But it's all SDL2 and I have attempted to keep all the code portable.

!!!! HELP WANTED !!!!

I hope you get some. Its a very worthy project. I would but only high level code gets me out of bed these days!

Le 05/09/2020 à 20:01, LizardKing a dit :

Daphne only supports those 4 games at 4k. It would have to be done in Singe.

Hello LizardKing, do you know if it's possible to convert some daphne games to 1080p ? I tried to upscale 1 game from Daphne (Interstellar) and 1 from Singe (Crime Patrol), but no success so far. I think in Crime Patrol the issue is in the dimensions of some file conversions, but for daphne i have no idea what's the issue. If you could share your experience and point what I shoud look at when upscalling it would be great. Thanks in advance.

@LizardKing

Ok, I have put together a Windows port of Hypseus Singe (v2.4.8)

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

If you unzip as "C:\Hypseus Singe" there is a lair.bat file in there to show you the format for running, pretty much the same arguments as Daphne.

I put the default hypinput.ini config file in the directory, you may want to alter - Note SDL2 key codes.

This should handle high resolutions within Daphne emulation, which the original emulator could not. We need some more Daphne HD video for testing :) 

See Cobra Command as example: 

http://www.emuline.org/topic/2053-arcade-pc-daphne-4k-60fps-remastered-and-complete-laserdisc-arcade-collection/?do=findComment&comment=99237

Appreciate any feedback.

Update:

• There was some question on the Windows port handling m2v files over 2Gb.
  • I have tested using a 2.5Gb Cobra Command 4K conversion Daphne m2v video file and a 3Gb Singe m2v file. 
  • The Windows port has not displayed any issue with files over 2Gb using Windows 10 (64bit).
  • I no longer have a 32bit version of Windows to test. 

Edited by xxOToTOxx