Aller au contenu

[Tuto] OutRun 2 SP SDX: How to Install

Invité linglang

Messages recommandés

23 hours ago, lmx007 said:

Hi 

problem with lan with or2 the game is slow on both PC and when a player 1 car try to pass player 2 (or the contrary) game is bugging

anyone experience that ??

both PC are quad core with 1050 gtx one with 8GB ddr3 and other 16GB

Check both PCs nvidia display settings, make sure they set to 60Hz

• 1 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...

Hello, I haven't run this game in months, wanted to play today, teknoparrot updated to latest public version (1.0.0.729) now the game won't launch, the black screen loading the game starts and then nothing, did something change? any ideas what is causing this? game was fine bofore.

• 4 semaines après...
On 3/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, The Omega Man said:

Hello, I haven't run this game in months, wanted to play today, teknoparrot updated to latest public version (1.0.0.729) now the game won't launch, the black screen loading the game starts and then nothing, did something change? any ideas what is causing this? game was fine bofore.

Yes. I too had problems when updating and using all new software. My prior installs worked fine. The solution is tricky if you are also using FFB. I'm using a combination of new and old version .dlls.

In a modern install Teknoparrot has sdl2.dll version 2.0.14.0 in Teknoparrot\Teknoparrot. I either cut\paste it outside in the main root folder when I want to play OR2 or just rename it to sdl2_new.dll.

From an older install I cut\paste in sdl2.dll version 2.0.9.0 in and opengl32.dll version 2.0.0.4 into Teknoparrot\Teknoparrot.

The newer FFB Plugin 2.0.0.11 goes into the Jennifer folder as usual.

When I'm done playing\testing I rename the old sdl2.dll to sdl2_outrun2.dll and put\revert back to the newer version sdl2.dll 2.0.14.0.

or2.jpg.5eae8a3cbb5712f649c72359476a64e1.jpg

• 5 mois après...
On 4/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, TekNoLogic2020 said:

Yes. I too had problems when updating and using all new software. My prior installs worked fine. The solution is tricky if you are also using FFB. I'm using a combination of new and old version .dlls.

In a modern install Teknoparrot has sdl2.dll version 2.0.14.0 in Teknoparrot\Teknoparrot. I either cut\paste it outside in the main root folder when I want to play OR2 or just rename it to sdl2_new.dll.

From an older install I cut\paste in sdl2.dll version 2.0.9.0 in and opengl32.dll version 2.0.0.4 into Teknoparrot\Teknoparrot.

The newer FFB Plugin 2.0.0.11 goes into the Jennifer folder as usual.

When I'm done playing\testing I rename the old sdl2.dll to sdl2_outrun2.dll and put\revert back to the newer version sdl2.dll 2.0.14.0.

or2.jpg.5eae8a3cbb5712f649c72359476a64e1.jpg

It's been a while now since your post, are you able to share the "sdl2.dll version 2.0.9.0" file from a previous TP install?

Currently, as far as I'm aware there is no way to download previous versions of TP just to grab the sdl2.dll file required for this?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

Ignore the above, after posting this, I did some further research, over in discord, it was suggested to rename opengl32.dll file to winmm.dll when you copy the file over to "TeknoParrot\TeknoParrot" folder. After doing this, the game loads and FFB is now working on the latest version of TP.

If you just copy the opengl32.dll file as instructed to the "TeknoParrot\TeknoParrot" folder, the BudgieLoader screen would stop half way "initializing.....".

So for those having issues with FFB for OutRun 2 on TP, try renaming the opengl32.dll file to winmm.dll, this may (hopefully/fingers X) resolve your issue.

Modifié par xs4all4me
Added extra info, spelling and grammer

• 1 mois après...

Hello retro gamers.  I have a 4K monitor (Can do more than 60 hz), windows 11 and Nvidia GPU.  So with that out of the way, today I installed Teknoparrot (I guess latest version from the site) and I downloaded the game Outrun 2.

The executable is in the jennifer folder, so I'm familiar with all these details and when I select the standard, already available Jennifer exe the game indeed starts, so it works, but obviously not in 4k resolution.  Well then, I downloaded the file 'OR2SPDLXResolutionPatcher.rar' and extracted it into the Jennifer folder.  I clicked the file and selected my 4k resolution 3840 x 2160 and the operation is succesful because I receive a message saying something like 'file jennifer_patched created'.  Great, so I go to my TP UI and under game settings point it to the new 'jennifer_patched' exe and save it.  Then I launch the game and I got the black CMD screen, everything seems to go well, then briefly a black screen, so far so good, when suddenly I'm thrown right back to my desktop and looking at the Teknoparrot UI.  Basically, Outrun 2 failed to launch.

Any idea what I'm missing here.  The game did start with the standard Jennifer file so rom didn't seem to be bad.  Thanks!! 

44 minutes ago, Morris Schaffer said:

point it to the new 'jennifer_patched' exe

Rename the original Jeniffer file to jennifer_original and rename jennifer_patched to jennifer

Modifié par petje

Hello Joe and Petje, I was able to get to 4K resolution without even using the resolution patcher.  Which is very odd I guess.  So my question, what does the resolution patcher do when in fact inside the Teknoparrot menu you can already select your preferred resolution?  I set it to 3840 x 2160 and my entire screen is filled, and the graphics look sharp and 4k, except for speed dials and assorted logos and visuals in the game which remain low-res.  I guess that is normal.  So why would I need to even use the resolution patcher?  

next, all version of Outrun 2 now seem to have the alternate rock and rap music, but is there a way to select original music?  Or do I just need to download a specific version of the game?

Finally, I do have textures missing so there are black patches left and right while playing.  When I have the texture pack downloaded, do I simply extract the new files to the correct folder and overwrite the existing ones?  And which folder must it be?  Jennifer folder?  

Thanks a lot!

@Morris Schaffer

The resolution patcher got integrated into TP on a later date, same function.

So no need for the patchers anymore

You got the wrong version of Outrun2

https://mega.nz/#F!tNY2nCwS!637xGzNRBd787yCnwYXAGg

You need the OR2 file

The OR2G version got some stupid gangster music.

Afaik no need to overwrite, because the patches got integrated into TP afaik

Otherwise, yes ovewrwrite

Modifié par petje

On 11/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, petje said:

@Morris Schaffer

The resolution patcher got integrated into TP on a later date, same function.

So no need for the patchers anymore

You got the wrong version of Outrun2

https://mega.nz/#F!tNY2nCwS!637xGzNRBd787yCnwYXAGg

You need the OR2 file

The OR2G version got some stupid gangster music.

Afaik no need to overwrite, because the patches got integrated into TP afaik

Otherwise, yes ovewrwrite

Hi dude, thanks for the info.  Confirm this has the right music so that is awesome.  The missing textures still an issue though.  For example, the road asphalt is just an entirely black patch of color after a while.  What is the texture solution though?  Is it the Nvidia shaderfix?  Or intel fix?  What is the file called?  Since you say that the patches got integrated, could it be I must modify some of my teknoparrot settings to solve this issue?

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Morris Schaffer said:

RTX 3080, so I will download this and apply.  Thanks again, really appreciate the support.

RTX, some games have issues on a RTX,
I got  a GTX and that works fine.

53 minutes ago, petje said:

RTX, some games have issues on a RTX,
I got  a GTX and that works fine.

Ow that is pretty crushing to hear, especially because it runs brilliantly at 4K res.  Anyway, I downloaded the shaderfix you provided and extracted the 5 files to what I assume is the right folder.  There were 5 other files in there so when prompted if I wanted to overwrite them, I clicked 'yes'.  But the problem of the black surfaces hasn't been solved.  😟  Could you please tell me the exact folder where I have to extract them to?  I ask this because there are 2 directories with 'jennifer' and 'fs'.  I think a few days ago I came across shader fix files that were specifically for a particular resolution so the file was called Shaderfix_2160p or something like that.  Maybe that's what I need.  Thanks  

• 3 mois après...

since I update teknoparrot from version who resolved the sun overshining problem 

Game works perfetcly apart ther is no video anymore at the end (when you finish the game)  just a black screen on the left and name of creators on the right

Any idea to solve this ?

• 1 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...

BudgieLoader really hurts these Linux based games, sadly. It's using an older OpenGL, and has poor frame pacing on every game that runs on it. Direct X would be far more preferable, as it allows users to tweak with outside plugins like DXVK to minimize any frame and sync issues.

• 1 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
On 5/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, Ultor said:

Can I use the Nvidia Panel frame limiter on Budgieloader?

You can, but RivaTuner is more consistent. Still has poor frame pacing, though.

I just hope that they change the backend to DX9/11 in the future. DX9 is old, but reliable and can be wrapped to Vulkan where needed.

• 6 mois après...
  • 4 semaines après...