Aller au contenu

[Tuto] OutRun 2 SP SDX: How to Install

Invité linglang

Messages recommandés

Hi guys, I just wanna know if it's possible to get a pack with the good musics from OR2, because infortunately I got the one with the shitty pop/rnb/rap tune. (I have just acces to the wrong tunes iso/game I guess)
Everything works fine but that.
Also, how does the sunheight hack work? if I lower the number from 148 it will be less bright or is it just that the sun point would be lower or higher in the sky?
Thanks guys & galls :)

--> nevermind, I got my answer on the forum ;)

Modifié par Inertia
j'ai trouvé ma reponse sur le forum car tel un noobar je n'avais pas cherché....

• 2 semaines après...
Invité petje
2 hours ago, gladiorosso said:

i attache 2 screenshot to see if is possibile to fix... :(

To small to see, upload to imgshare.io

Out of the box this game is working great for me.  Only issue is I seem to be missing some textures.  Every now and then I see a bunch of black objects and a black road.  Are there any fixes for that?  I'm running a 2080Ti.  Same exact textures are missing from or2 and or2g.  Only difference I can tell between the two is music but I found it odd the same exact areas were blacked out.

Invité petje

Thanks to @braders1986

I (Braders1986) replaced the orginal Sega 2004 remixes with those from Wolf & Raven's OutRun tribute album from a few years ago.                                                                                                                                                                                                        Sega produced some phenomenal music in the 80s/90s but their mid 2000's stuff is pretty poor, and rather disappointing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Somewhat lets OutRun 2 down, in my opinion.

Put the archive in your base game folder and extract, overwriting when prompted.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3bdkuqmex06ty58/Wolf_and_Raven_Music_Replacement.rar/file

Here is a backup of the orginal so you can switch to and from as you wish.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x612oy01ncz41dh/Original_Music_Backup.rar/file

Modifié par petje

On 4/26/2020 at 5:51 AM, trytrytry said:

I made the settings "LINK ID : 1 - TOTAL MACHINE 2 - GROUP 1" for computer 1 and I set it's static ip to 192.168.1.1
and I made the settings "LINK ID : 2 - TOTAL MACHINE 2 - GROUP 1" for computer  2 and I set it's static ip to 192.168.1.2

when i start the game on both computer and both of them stuck on  "CHECK NETWORK NOW" screen.

What's wrong i can't figure it out

multiplayer mode work ok for me after April update 2/3/4p

ip for emu must be same as computer's IP

It is still something wrong with the sun intensity. I know, you can change the value of "Sunheight", but in many level parts it is still too strong compared to the original cabinet. You should see every sunny road clearly. Don't know what the problem is with the emulation.. Would be interesting to know..

Modifié par Scripper

Le 09/05/2020 à 15:40, gladiorosso a dit :

hello guys i try to install and work game on last TP versione but not work....i apply jennifer patch but game not start. i attache 2 screenshot to see if is possibile to fix... :(

Immagine.jpg

Immagine1.jpg

I had the same problem. I changed the  executable by Jennifer_patched768pfix and solved my problem.

• 4 semaines après...
Le 22/05/2020 à 10:24, Scripper a dit :

It is still something wrong with the sun intensity. I know, you can change the value of "Sunheight", but in many level parts it is still too strong compared to the original cabinet. You should see every sunny road clearly. Don't know what the problem is with the emulation.. Would be interesting to know..

me too

Hello!

What a glorious thing to have on PC! I have everything up and running, no missing textures in my case, but i do have an error in the HUD and on the end of game screens: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mREe76gNknAsDTFOLZdi3KYay5I5h7kS?usp=sharing

I didn't see anyone having this issue, i have applied every fix i could find and don't have any other glitches.

ps: is there any news on the missing tyre smoke at the beginning of the run and the audio issues (from the 3rd stage on the passenger's voice gets cut off in my case)

Big thanks to anyone having a clue!

• 2 semaines après...
On 4/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, colosseo said:

Fixed it. Apparently the loader wasn’t using the NVIDIA GPU for this game. Now OR2 works, and ABC and HOTD4 as well!

Im having i guess the same problem, i can navigate the menus but when the game starts i can see the hud and the flag to start the race, the rest of the screen stays white...theres sound...everything...but i cant see the car etc.....i have a nvidia gpu too gforce gtx 1650. Appreciate if you guys can help me.

how do i get the loader to use my gpu?

thanks

Update my friends, still have the problem on my laptop, but i tried to plug on my 4k tv with 1080p res and it works perfect, any idea why?

still trying to play it on pc,,,,,still white screen. but on the tv....beautiful.....i need the help from you guys!!! thanks in advance

• 2 semaines après...
On 7/12/2020 at 1:39 PM, snarf1033 said:

I'm getting white screen with just tire marks also.  I do not have a GPU on my PC.  It's running Intel I7.  Other teknoparrot games seem to work ok.  Is there any fix for this?  I tried the shader fix for NVidia and AMD just to see what would happen and same thing.

same for me, running Intel as well. 

what other games have you got to run? most of the games i'm seeing don't work with Intel.

• 3 semaines après...

hi , i got this up and running and everything seems good apart from one little thing that i notice from time to time , i get a slight micro stutter just before the game is about to change course (almost like its loading it in the back ground)

Im running the game off of an external HDD

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GTX 980ti

16gb Ram

Does anyone know how to sort it ?

Thanks

• 3 semaines après...
On 5/22/2020 at 1:24 AM, Scripper said:

It has to do with the resolution that the game is running at. The regular executable (Jennifer) is at the wrong resolution (1280x768). If you use Jennifer_LOWRES, the resolution will be set to 800x480, and the bloom will be the same as on the original machine. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Sans:

It has to do with the resolution that the game is running at. The regular executable (Jennifer) is at the wrong resolution (1280x768). If you use Jennifer_LOWRES, the resolution will be set to 800x480, and the bloom will be the same as on the original machine. 

I understand. But in the options there is a hack to solve or reduce? the bloom. Maybe someone can tell me how to adjust it to get it right on the JENNIFER_PATCHED exe with Full HD?

On 08/08/2020 at 6:28 PM, trev1976 said:

hi , i got this up and running and everything seems good apart from one little thing that i notice from time to time , i get a slight micro stutter just before the game is about to change course (almost like its loading it in the back ground)

Im running the game off of an external HDD

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GTX 980ti

16gb Ram

Does anyone know how to sort it ?

Thanks

Moved my or2 files to my internal SSD , so far so good.

• 2 semaines après...
  • 3 semaines après...
On 2/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, linglang said:

Outrun 2 SP SDX (Lingbergh) 

Works "fine" on Window$ 10 (1803) and TeknoParrot 1.0.0.125, with resolution fix applied.

outrun_2_sp_sdx_by_pooterman-dc801bz.png

Works fine out the box.

Executable file is disk0/Jennifer/Jennifer

Use this file to edit the Jennifer file to the appropriate resolution for your monitor.

http://www.emuline.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3743

From the front page.

Outrun 2 SP DX does NOT run AMD  GPU based graphics cards, as far as I know there is no shaderfix.

Other fixes can be found on the TeknoParrot front page, just below the OutRun 2 SP SDX game icon.

This one is from the emuline discord channel, thanks @jets

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/434687521805303810/552899758256160799/outrun2_nv_shaderfix_Jennifer.7z

Some extra information, thanks to @jonathanhooper

Quote:

"You do realize the Outrun 2 tracks can be played on the TeknoParrot Outrun 2 SP DX ? 

All you need to do is press view change on course select  it shows it down the bottom when selecting track.":P

Enjoy 

I hope that this tutorial helps other people out.

It takes you a few moments to read, but it took me all night to figure it out.

When you get the game working, thanks to this "manual", please give a thanks at this post.

:very-good:

And a BIG thanks for the people who originally uploaded the games, we all can enjoy (if you do it right) !!!

And of course all the people involved in, the game loaders and JVS I/O emulation applications we use, and all the people I "forgot".

Also look at the posts below, some members / people add helpful information, thank them also .....

I have outrun 2 file but the file is one only (.bin)

and I put on teknoparrot 1.92 did not work

anyone help me??

image.png.1ad9fe9a8bb677769e0996dd2eb8f6ab.png

On 10/9/2020 at 4:04 PM, nohero said:

You need to decompress bin file using 7zip or PowerISO 

CHEERs

copy..

i will try later..

• 3 semaines après...

Best offect to play outrun...

Try on Window Version OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast..

include

OutRun SP and OutRun 2

Hello I newbie with Tteknoparrot. I need some of help about:

- I have issue scale: intro game in 2/3 screen and in game I have a zoom on part screen (maybe 3/2 zoom)

- I dont know how to set my xbox 360 controller, i,clude rumble

- I have 2 screen, teknoparrot run always on first screen and I would like run it on second.

THX

Le 13/11/2019 à 07:16, bobwasa a dit :

Hello

I have exactly the same issue... :( See the two pictures below. 

20191113_063529.jpg.6a0e163ef2c5d169454e773d302859a4.jpg

20191113_063600.jpg.f22d1fff55b498dac9d312534f900b8c.jpg

Did you finally fond a solution to your problem ? If someone can help me... I believe it is a resolution issue but I cannot sort this out.

thank you 

I have this issue.

Modifié par nonosto

Le 18/11/2019 à 05:17, koredesk a dit :

Hey man, I had the same problem as you. Everyhthing was zoomed in on my 3440 x 1440 resolution monitor. Turns out my DPI in display settings was set to 125%. Set it to default 100% and that will fix the zoom glitch problem. now i can see it full screen and its awesome! good luck

screen issue fixed, same for mapping controller but no rumble. How to do?

found for the rumble down FFB Arcade Plugin, copy opengl32.dll in C:\...\TeknoParrot\TeknoParrot, and other file in C:\...\or2spdlx\disk0\Jennifer. Run FFBPluginGUI.exe.

So 2 last little problem before be happy, sometime I have a down of framrate, also I have a relatively powerful PC (i7 7700k and 1080 ti Azus strix 11gb), How to have full speed evrytime?

Other thing sunshine make me blind, how to have less brightness ssunshine in game?

THX

NB: Lindbergh have linux OS, so teknoparrot wit OR2 is emulator or loader?