Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] TIMEGAL AC REMASTERED (LaserDisc)

dex77

Messages recommandés

Hello folks,

I thought it was time to bring some more nostalgia from the 80’ (since it’s never enough...LOL)…

I did this remastering quite long time ago with the intention to achieve the closest result to the arcade version

and to share it one day through a proper channel, as a purist I was a bit disappointed about the original

Singe release since the team who did the port (I guess for legal reasons) has done various changes

stylistically weird such as the UI elements, options screen, slate and ending roll/credits so I decided to improve

their work by editing the whole thing and remastering the video track as well, I believe the result achieved

it’s pretty much neat, I don’t know how many people out there are interested in these kind of “obsolete” games

but I’m pretty sure that for some of us Timegal it’s still considered a milestone of the laserdisc age,

so here it is for the community and in its all arcade glory, enjoy!

LINK:    https://mega.nz/#!U4kEVJjI

KEY:     !PMoJRiM3NvVrxTXtK8aJRcJTW5tI5mX2Cl_N8mJJbgQ

*** In the main folder are also included 3 uncompressed HD .tiff,

it’s the CD layout I made and ready to be printed if someone wants to archive it on a physical support.

1535273159-timegal-preview.jpg

To run the game just double click the .bat file and go. 

There’s two .bat versions;  

- AC (No Scanlines) if you intend to play it on a real JAMMA cabinet.

- PC (With Scanlines) for desktop play. 

That’s it, if you are already familiar with Daphne and Singe then you should know all the rest.

Res: 800x600.

Folder size: 2.18 Gb.   

(Much bigger than the original release size since the video quality has been raised quite a bit)

KEYS:

Arrows =  Directions

Space  =  Action

Key 9   =  Option screen

Key 5   =  Credits

Key 1   =  Start 1P

Key 2   =  Start 2P

Esc      =  Quit Game 

PEACE!!

Modifié par dex77

1 hour ago, ducon2016 said:

Thanks for sharing and your dedication making all this work. Plenty of people here who love rare stuff like that, and appreciate your efforts :D

My pleasure Ducon, the whole point is sharing with people who have the same passions... i really like this community, unlike other channels the courtesy you can find here makes it in some ways pretty exclusive and unique!

PS

Actually I did an arcade remaster also of DL Time Warp taking the footage from the Blueray disc... from what i know it should be the only version around with the correct aspect ratio, all the latest conversions i've seen in these years are 16:9 and a good part of the frame is basically cropped, i will release it soon with DL and SA (Blueray 4:3) as well, my idea was to have the whole collection in ultra HD and with an arcade perfect feeling so to be played on an original cabinet... I should have somewhere also a backup copy of Cliffhanger remastered, a nice and neat version made by a cool guy almost 8/9 years ago, i will resume it too when i find a moment... 

• Team

Ouai enfin remaster ne veut strictement rien dire si c'est un truc perso. Il y a eu de vrai remaster de jeu laserdisc vendu sur PC (donc non arcade même si c'est la même base) donc soit c'est une vraie version arcade modifiée personnellement soit ca ne l'est pas et auquel cas ce topic change de section. Pour l'heure ca reste ici car à priori aucun portage n'existe sur PC (contrairement aux consoles) mais il vaut mieux être parfaitement clair. EN outre le jeu est quand même sortie sur Android/ios et AmigaCD32 en 2017 d'ou l’ambiguïté.

Modifié par 7zxkv

@7zxkv C'est une bonne observation, je considère effectivement cela comme une conversion d'arcade mais oui, techniquement ça devrait être dans la section émulation, ça a du sens ... N'hésitez pas à déplacer le sujet où vous pensez que c'est plus approprié, je vais très bien.

• 2 mois après...
  • 2 mois après...
  • 3 mois après...
Am 12.5.2018 um 02:07 schrieb dex77:

Hello folks,

I thought it was time to bring some more nostalgia from the 80’ (since it’s never enough...LOL)…

I did this remastering quite long time ago with the intention to achieve the closest result to the arcade version

and to share it one day through a proper channel, as a purist I was a bit disappointed about the original

Singe release since the team who did the port (I guess for legal reasons) has done various changes

stylistically weird such as the UI elements, options screen, slate and ending roll/credits so I decided to improve

their work by editing the whole thing and remastering the video track as well, I believe the result achieved

it’s pretty much neat, I don’t know how many people out there are interested in these kind of “obsolete” games

but I’m pretty sure that for some of us Timegal it’s still considered a milestone of the laserdisc age,

so here it is for the community and in its all arcade glory, enjoy!

LINK:    https://mega.nz/#!U4kEVJjI

KEY:     !PMoJRiM3NvVrxTXtK8aJRcJTW5tI5mX2Cl_N8mJJbgQ

*** In the main folder are also included 3 uncompressed HD .tiff,

it’s the CD layout I made and ready to be printed if someone wants to archive it on a physical support.

1535273159-timegal-preview.jpg

To run the game just double click the .bat file and go. 

There’s two .bat versions;  

- AC (No Scanlines) if you intend to play it on a real JAMMA cabinet.

- PC (With Scanlines) for desktop play. 

That’s it, if you are already familiar with Daphne and Singe then you should know all the rest.

Res: 800x600.

Folder size: 2.18 Gb.   

(Much bigger than the original release size since the video quality has been raised quite a bit)

KEYS:

Arrows =  Directions

Space  =  Action

Key 9   =  Option screen

Key 5   =  Credits

Key 1   =  Start 1P

Key 2   =  Start 2P

Esc      =  Quit Game 

PEACE!!

Cool! Only question is that does it start in widowed or fullscreen?

• 3 mois après...
  • 4 mois après...
  • 3 mois après...
  • 2 mois après...
  • 4 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 2 mois après...
  • 3 mois après...

I have another TIME LAG. It is truly the same as yours, same video quality. The only difference is in the game title, which is seen at the beginning of the video. and I notice that the PNG files of the arrows are heavier. Also in my video there is the symbol of the Taito.

I would like to keep only one but at the beginning I don't see any differences. Do you know my video? Do you know any other differences that there might be later in the game?

• 8 mois après...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:11 AM, Niola said:

I have another TIME LAG. It is truly the same as yours, same video quality. The only difference is in the game title, which is seen at the beginning of the video. and I notice that the PNG files of the arrows are heavier. Also in my video there is the symbol of the Taito.

I would like to keep only one but at the beginning I don't see any differences. Do you know my video? Do you know any other differences that there might be later in the game?

my version was restored from scratch and following the original arcade structure and design so i highly doubt you're gonna find the same quality somewhere else, the original singe edition was as crappy as it comes, i guess the end credits are gonna be pretty different like some others in-game details...

Modifié par dex77