[Emu] Virtua Striker 4 (Arcade Triforce) | Windows PC Dolphin emulator

brodostar-

Finally managed to get it to run. The performance is all over the place. Can you guys share your settings? I have an i7 8700 and an RTX 2070. I am getting massive slowdowns.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ark216 said:

Finally managed to get it to run. The performance is all over the place. Can you guys share your settings? I have an i7 8700 and an RTX 2070. I am getting massive slowdowns.

Intel Core i7 920

RTX 660 2GB 

12GB RAM

And Dolphin 5.0 works perfect no errors. 

Edited by Hyperscorpio

6 hours ago, Hyperscorpio said:

Intel Core i7 920

RTX 660 2GB 

12GB RAM

And Dolphin 5.0 works perfect no errors. 

I am running on the brodostar build 4.0-310.1-x64. There are no errors, just massive slowdowns. I tried running the game on Dolphin 5.0 all i got was a black screen and a bunch of errors. Can you share you dolphin build ?

15 hours ago, ark216 said:

I am running on the brodostar build 4.0-310.1-x64. There are no errors, just massive slowdowns. I tried running the game on Dolphin 5.0 all i got was a black screen and a bunch of errors. Can you share you dolphin build ?

Ark216, i have the same issue as yours, the Dolphin 5.0 is a stable version released by the official team, it doesn´t have the Sega Triforce Brunch sourcecode to play this games. I have it to play Sega Game Cube Games only because is the only console i like it and it runs perfect.

You need to wait for a Dolphin 6.0 or 7.0 with this source implemented, there is a lot of code to implemented and it's not easy to add this.

Only the official devs can handle it well. 

Edited by Hyperscorpio

I just test today and i found something. Please Try to turn on the Skip EFB Access from CPU and turn off the internet connection. And let the other options stay as it is. 

Did you see something different? 

At least ingame i don´t have that freezing, only appears in the cutscenes. 

Edited by Hyperscorpio

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I followed the video and all the posts and instructions, and I got Virtua Striker 4 ver 2006 working fine.

I tried both the Dolphin with installer and the portable version, but the one with installer worked better on my end.

The problem I am having using the INSTALLER VERSION is that before the game starts, some error messages pop up saying as follows: "AM-BB Failed to open network config file", then "AM-BB Faile to open network control file", then "AM-BB Failed to open DIMM File" and finally "AM-BB Failed to open/create backup file".

This doesn´t happen in the PORTABLE version, but I discarded the portable version because of graphic problems I had.

I have no clue about where is the problem, maybe there are missing files and the executable doesn´t find them ?

Do I have to put any file or patches related to network, DIMM or backup in certain folder ?

The README text file mentions this:

"(See patch files in Recommended_Settings/GameSettings)."

I found the "Recommended_Settings/GameSettings" folder, and I have put the content of "GameSettings" found there in the "GameSettings" folder of "C:\Users\my user name\Documents\Dolphin Emulator", but it seems I am missing something.

Can anyone please give any help about this ? Thanks in advance

Edited by customizer2

1 hour ago, customizer2 said:

Hello

I followed the video and all the posts and instructions, and I got Virtua Striker 4 ver 2006 working fine.

I tried both the Dolphin with installer and the portable version, but the one with installer worked better on my end.

The problem I am having using the INSTALLER VERSION is that before the game starts, some error messages pop up saying as follows: "AM-BB Failed to open network config file", then "AM-BB Faile to open network control file", then "AM-BB Failed to open DIMM File" and finally "AM-BB Failed to open/create backup file".

This doesn´t happen in the PORTABLE version, but I discarded the portable version because of graphic problems I had.

I have no clue about where is the problem, maybe there are missing files and the executable doesn´t find them ?

Do I have to put any file or patches related to network, DIMM or backup in certain folder ?

The README text file mentions this:

"(See patch files in Recommended_Settings/GameSettings)."

I found the "Recommended_Settings/GameSettings" folder, and I have put the content of "GameSettings" found there in the "GameSettings" folder of "C:\Users\my user name\Documents\Dolphin Emulator", but it seems I am missing something.

Can anyone please give any help about this ? Thanks in advance

Try this version

hace 5 horas, ducon2016 dijo:

Try this version

I tried Dolphin_Triforce_v2.7z as you suggested and worked great, much better than the version I was using!

I don´t know the reason for the errors, but your version shows no error messages, it´s like magic ! 😀

Thanks a lot for your help ! And also thanks to the guy who made this beautiful game work !

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I finally have tried this on Windows 10, GTX 980 and a 12900k, but the framerate does not go above 35fps, gpu and cpu seemed very fine, so it seems an internal problem but I cannot find what it is since I used the same config that brodostar used in his youtube video. FPS would be same 30-35 with both heavy scene and even with a single GK on screen.

Checking skip access and disabling internet didn't help.

7 hours ago, skimsak said:

Alright I finally have tried this on Windows 10, GTX 980 and a 12900k, but the framerate does not go above 35fps, gpu and cpu seemed very fine, so it seems an internal problem but I cannot find what it is since I used the same config that brodostar used in his youtube video. FPS would be same 30-35 with both heavy scene and even with a single GK on screen.

Checking skip access and disabling internet didn't help.

Yup same here....

16 hours ago, ark216 said:

Yup same here....

Glad to see that I am not alone. I was almost going nuts and suspect my own rig, GPU or windows installation being faulty.

Hopefully there will be a solution for this soon. Wish I knew how to debug

On 4/21/2022 at 4:01 AM, ark216 said:

Yup same here....

Alright, I don't know how yet, but this exe included here seems to work at full-speed as intended. I also used 3x res and it was fine. Just lighting is baked and nauseating but I guess that was the trick.

Tried with VS4 so far.

@Brodo - We (the world, players, fans) are truly grateful to you for the time, effort and skill you put into making Virtua Striker 4 playable on the dolphin emulator. I had hoped but never expected this to actually be made possible.

1 hour ago, segadusa3 said:

What could be the problem/solution if when the game starts the screen just stays black with dolphin executable consuming ~20% cpu? 🤔 I tried Direct3D and OpenG at lowest settings.

my win10 pc with 12gb mem, 8 threads xeon e5-2678 v3 and nvidia p5000 16gb should be powerful enough. got a good collection of post-retro arcade games on here. all emu's work well after getting the configs right. not sure what could be wrong with dolphin-brodo config though since it is pretty straight forward.

This emulator does not seem to like E5 xeons for some reason, I have 2 of them with high clock speeds and core counts, with exactly the same behavour as you, I know the game works because I was able to get it running on, believe it or not, my friends i3 with a lowish spec graphics card, can't remember the exact model now to be honest but it was only 2gb vram. I couldn't get to the bottom of the problem at all but could you please let me know if you find out how to get it to run?

• 1 month later...

hello...it's good that we have playable versions of vs4. To complete the virtua striker saga of the triforce plate, the only thing missing is to add or make playable the 2002 Japanese version of virtua striker (korea-japan ball) and the Japanese version of virtua striker 4 (adidas pelias ball). The Japanese vs4 version does not load and the Japanese vs2002 does not load either (it always loads the export version even though the iso is the correct one for Japan). Greetings and thanks for everything!