Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Space Ace + Dragon's Lair AC - BRD REMASTERED (Laserdisc)

dex77

Messages recommandés

Hello folks, 

Since I received some requests I edited this post adding also DL, so here it is... 

SPACE ACE + DRAGON'S LAIR Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio, SD (Standard Definition)

they come without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it (ROMS and FRAMEFILES are stored in the game main folder).

I added also the usual CD layout in HD, have a blast!!

PS.

These versions are meant to be played on an original cabinet.

PPS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

SA: GAME

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!NldkhS5C

KEY:   !5OsuNq6jJpVi5MeAWMeBS7nZwJR44dv8YmWbvqUVZO8

CD LAYOUT

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!ItEk3AZT

KEY:   !823zz-5bbTPJnE6g2RJzc13qYmLo_wB4dxahNTfo4fs

1535249468-space-ace-cdt100-in.jpg

DL: GAME + CD LAYOUT

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!x0cFCSqJ

KEY:    !k-KPBEkh4-Q9ZqOzVrLFZS1B4X2YntsTEJHmKbp-MnU

1535249504-dragon-s-lair-cdt100-in.jpg

EDIT:

SPACE ACE - The audio track for the death scene "spa01d1.vob.ogg" it's corrupted, please replace it with the following attachment!

spa01d1.vob.ogg.EDIT.zip

MANY THANX to Stuart2773 for the discovery and for resampling the track!! :thankyou:

Modifié par Fox
screnn

• 4 semaines après...
On 7/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, dex77 said:

Hello folks, 

I guess with this release the whole remastered trilogy is out since HVG has already posted Dragon’s Lair

I would save some time by not uploading the version I own (which is probably the same)… so here it is... 

SPACE ACE Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio,

it comes without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it,

PS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

GAME

CD LAYOUT

SPACE ACE_CDT100_in.jpg

nice one, mate. thanks.

• 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 4 mois après...

Excellent - thank you.  I love it. Regarding DL - I note you appeared to only provide F2 version bios... I've been also trying this under Enhanced 2.1 bios.  Definitely like the enhanced versions as I introduce these to my kids.  I've played about 1/2 way under one player with no issues.  However 2 players seems to have odd resets at times as if it has video issues.  Anyone else experience this?

Modifié par TRJ-GA

On 2/17/2019 at 12:55 PM, TRJ-GA said:

Excellent - thank you.  I love it. Regarding DL - I note you appeared to only provide F2 version bios... I've been also trying this under Enhanced 2.1 bios.  Definitely like the enhanced versions as I introduce these to my kids.  I've played about 1/2 way under one player with no issues.  However 2 players seems to have odd resets at times as if it has video issues.  Anyone else experience this?

Hi and thanx for reporting the issue, before posting it, I personally tested the game to the end without any problem but in 1 player mode only, it could be possible that what you experienced it's a legit bug, if you can kindly do an extensive test and report lately a specific list of any issue encountered (eg. scene number), I will see what I can do to fix it, at the moment i'm too busy to investigate without any specific hint. 

Modifié par dex77

Thanks Dex….I'll get back with something …. give me some time....

---------------------Added June 23, 2019

After some playing with this, I could not really provide a set scene/error that caused the error.  Single player is stable.  However 2 player seems to have lockup/reset issues .  It could be when it is jumping to particular scenes, but without knowing which scenes it was trying to jump to I couldn't really tell.   It really doesn't take more than a 1/2 game or so to see the problem.

I did try dying in each room in effort to see consistency, but this didn't help off hand.

Modifié par TRJ-GA

• 1 mois après...
  • 1 an après...

Hi.. I've just stumbled on this and downloaded the files but could someone link me to the Daphne Forum that explains how to install and run the files please?

I think Space Ace is straight forward, I'm just slightly confused on DL and DL II

Thanks!

• 2 semaines après...

I do not understand these 4 games at all.  Every single other LD game I have works fine.  But these 4 have nothing but problems.  I've tried multiple ROM sets, multiple video sets.  I even tried the official licensed download via Daphne and unlocking them with my DVDs.  They don't work either.  My issues are many, the games will randomly pick scenes to play, when I die it'll advance to the next scene (well, any scene really), audio cuts out when actions happen...

Are you launching daphne.exe yourself?  What command line options are you using?

• 3 mois après...
Invité student123

@dex77, did you see this post : 

Its pretty amazing what they were able to do, remasters the old cinematics to HD using computer learning. All the games look 4k now. Wish they also did time gal, bur definitely worth a look if you haven't checked it up!

2 hours ago, student123 said:

@dex77, did you see this post : 

Its pretty amazing what they were able to do, remasters the old cinematics to HD using computer learning. All the games look 4k now. Wish they also did time gal, bur definitely worth a look if you haven't checked it up!

thanx for bringing up the topic, i had the chance to give it a try already but in my opinion (besides the technical aspect) these extreme res remasters are just losing the original organic appeal...

i personally find way more attractive for my eyes a blurry laserdisc rip filtered by a true crt screen than any other ultra-clean digitally rearranged image, by the way, the deep learning process is far from being perfect, overall amazing but sure not perfect...

• 6 mois après...
  • 3 mois après...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:58 AM, PixelFreak said:

Any chance you have a 720p 4:3 version of Space Ace?  Don’t want anything 1080p so I can use OpenGL in Daphne.

I agree - want as close to

original cab quality as possible with some better visuals without losing the original look and feel.

That's what his download links provided 720x480p but remastered from the Blu-Ray 1080p. I just got here so sorry for the late reply.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:45 AM, dex77 said:

Hello folks, 

Since I received some requests I edited this post adding also DL, so here it is... 

SPACE ACE + DRAGON'S LAIR Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio, SD (Standard Definition)

they come without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it (ROMS and FRAMEFILES are stored in the game main folder).

PS.

PPS.

CD LAYOUT

EDIT:

SPACE ACE - The audio track for the death scene "spa01d1.vob.ogg" it's corrupted, please replace it with the following attachment!

spa01d1.vob.ogg.EDIT.zip

MANY THANX to Stuart2773 for the discovery and for resampling the track!! :thankyou:

Very cool. I've been looking for the Blu-Ray quality 4:3 framefiles converted to SD 480p.  But does anyone have the 16:9 Blu-Ray 1080p framefiles also?

On 23/07/2021 at 2:37 PM, bernardcozier said:

Very cool. I've been looking for the Blu-Ray quality 4:3 framefiles converted to SD 480p.  But does anyone have the 16:9 Blu-Ray 1080p framefiles also?

If the video content is identical why would you think that the framefile timings would be different because of aspect ratio or resolution ?

If it's different video content, with different frame order or length, then fair enough.....

12 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

If the video content is identical why would you think that the framefile timings would be different because of aspect ratio or resolution ?

If it's different video content, with different frame order or length, then fair enough.....

I actually meant the original Blu-Ray 1080p video, not the framefiles which I now understand only refers to the timings text file.  

Anyway I used these 480p Blu-Ray remasters to AI upscale Space Ace to 1152x864 (which works with Daphne OpenGL) and then ffmpeg to interpolate adjacent frames for 60fps.  So I would have liked to see how the AI upscaled compared to the native Blu-Ray 1080p video. Have a look (see _README_FIRST.txt) :

https://mega.nz/file/5b4ghQzS#OqtU1CR5T19HH84x-TtmkZvkVnfYzZG9Mjd2dkd4eg8

Modifié par bernardcozier

• 7 mois après...
  • 7 mois après...
On 7/15/2018 at 5:45 AM, dex77 said:

Hello folks, 

PS.

PPS.

CD LAYOUT

EDIT:

spa01d1.vob.ogg.EDIT.zip 34.56 kB · 554 downloads

A late thanks for these, but these games are not movie length long. you could have easily re-encoded these in 1080p or at least 720p in under  1GB per file.

Why did you go 480p?

please do them in 1080p.

I have the 2006 720p pc version. it is widescreen cant find the other two. these were remastered. but the blu-ray's were remastered even more!

See article excerpt below:

In the late 2006, Digital Leisure released "Dragon's Lair HD", which features an all-new High-Definition transfer from the original negatives (as opposed to just sourcing the laserdisc). The original mono soundtrack has also been remastered into Dolby Digital 5.1 sound (on PCs that can support it). On April 9, 2007, a Blu-ray version of Dragon's Lair was released. This uses the same HD transfer as the aforementioned PC release, but went through a 6-month process to clean and remaster the image. Dragon's Lair Blu-ray is the first title to fully utilize BD-J technology. In 2013, Dragon's Lair was released on Steam via Steam Greenlight. This iteration of Dragon's Lair features 720p remastered video, remastered game footage, and bonus content.

Attached is the non re-encoded 720 wmv intro from the game iso: enjoy.

• 4 mois après...
On 5/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, ISOHaven said:

I do not understand these 4 games at all.  Every single other LD game I have works fine.  But these 4 have nothing but problems.  I've tried multiple ROM sets, multiple video sets.  I even tried the official licensed download via Daphne and unlocking them with my DVDs.  They don't work either.  My issues are many, the games will randomly pick scenes to play, when I die it'll advance to the next scene (well, any scene really), audio cuts out when actions happen...

Are you launching daphne.exe yourself?  What command line options are you using?

I have the same problem, did you ever figure out what was going wrong?

22 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

I have the same problem, did you ever figure out what was going wrong?

The random part was my misunderstanding.  The game is supposed to play random scenes.  But yeah all the other issues are constant problems.  The good news is there's a newer engine to play these and it works AWESOME!!!  Scenes play properly, no audio issues, no hitching, no playing half a scene then automatically killing you.....  The best part is it's filled with awesome features like playing the scenes in order if that's what you want.

Check out Singe 2

1 hour ago, Hoagie said:

Or from a Discord I belong to:

It's personal preference, I agree with above....

This is from the hypseus Discord, which has the advantage of playing either version. But as stated in the other thread, users do have their favourites.

And it's hard to not be impressed by the HD upscale video in Daphne, as showcased here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCp2Uu7Pudw

13 hours ago, Hoagie said:

Or from a Discord I belong to:

nosinge.png

It's personal preference, I agree with above....

LOL!  Yeah, no.  Scenes ending or skipping to the next scene before the player choice comes up is not preference.  That's called being broken.  Same with broken audio.  Also Singe <> Singe 2.  Not even close.  I have never gotten Daphne to work, on any machine.  Get Daphne to work on any of my machines then a comparison can begin.  Until then saying "preference" to me means nothing when one doesn't work, at all.  So let me know if you have any actual input with the problem at hand.  Thanks.

Luckily all the HD versions of the videos are available in both.  You can use whatever video you want with Singe 2.

6 hours ago, ISOHaven said:

LOL!  Yeah, no.  Scenes ending or skipping to the next scene before the player choice comes up is not preference.  That's called being broken.  Same with broken audio.

What's this BS? I'm obviously talking to a millennial who believes they are converse in the classics, rather than being there and seeing them play on real hardware, or can't be bothered to research them...

You are even contradicting yourself: 

The random part was my misunderstanding.  The game is supposed to play random scenes. 

Broken or not broken, make your mind up ?

Also Singe <> Singe 2. Not even close. 

There is no Singe comparison in this conversation, we are talking Singe 2 <> Daphne. Do you understand the fundamental differences here: emulation/simulation ?

I have never gotten Daphne to work, on any machine.  Get Daphne to work on any of my machines then a comparison can begin.

Tells me everything I need to know. Little point in continuing this conversation... 

You can use whatever video you want with Singe 2.

Erm... more inaccuracies, let's not go there......

Thanks for your response.

Modifié par Hoagie
Video interchangeability inaccuracy.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  Did anyone have any solutions to actually get Daphne to work without audio issues, without hitching, without glitching out of scenes before the choices become up?

sirgubster9, hopefully Singe 2 squares you away like it did for me.  You can also get all the HD versions of the videos from the same link I already gave you.  They look much better than the original LaserDisc/DVDs.   Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, ISOHaven said:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  Did anyone have any solutions to actually get Daphne to work without audio issues, without hitching, without glitching out of scenes before the choices become up?

sirgubster9, hopefully Singe 2 squares you away like it did for me.  You can also get all the HD versions of the videos from the same link I already gave you.  They look much better than the original LaserDisc/DVDs.   Enjoy!

I recently posted the Daphne setup here: https://www.emuline.org/topic/2301-arcade-pc-hypseus-singe-64bit-4k-daphne-integrated-bezels/?do=findComment&comment=143185

sirgubster9 just confirmed it works, so a good stating point.

41 minutes ago, xxOToTOxx said:

I recently posted the Daphne setup here: https://www.emuline.org/topic/2301-arcade-pc-hypseus-singe-64bit-4k-daphne-integrated-bezels/?do=findComment&comment=143185

sirgubster9 just confirmed it works, so a good stating point.

I'll for sure check that out, thanks!