topet2k12001

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 and A20 PLUS (Konami) - UPDATED 2021

Hi guys! Sorry  for asking this, but I lost my data and I want to download it again, but I've seen there is some patchs like

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 or the

Hidden Content

, so I don't know wich of them has the latest songs and videos like koi, seize the day with bg, roki with bg, sil'vous President, Sweet clock, etc... help. :very-good:

13 hours ago, NoctsRanun said:

Yep.

Could you help me doing this? I've tried changing the 0xa78de address for the gamemdx.dll 2021-08-04 version but it continues with no dark background.

6 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Private development of butterfly:

Hidden Content

I tried to read up on the whole situation but I still didnt fully grasp what happened. Seemed bad though :(  Anyway, thanks to you guys for all your efforts! They brought me a ton of joy :)

On another note, I do have a question trying to configure they audio sync delay for 2021 version. Has anybody tried that already and was succesfull? I manage to hexedit the 2020 version successfully to make up for my bluetooth speaker but on 2021 im kinda stuck and did not find any info on that. Thanks for your time!

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by topet2k12001

15 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Generally, I advise against the use of any wireless connectivity because the software itself was pulled from official hardware that doesn't make use of such connectivity.

Study the source code of Bemanipatcher (the offiical Bemanipatcher, not the unofficial forks floating around) and you will be able to derive the answer from there.

Hidden Content

Thanks for the reply! I did already try changing 0x1D2A5 but then the game did not boot so i suspected the adress to be different in the newer version (and I don't know how I would go about finding that new address). I did read the n-0 page as well though so I think I understand somewhat why the spotlight currently is on more than usual. It's a pity but I get it, you guys need to protect yourselves as first priority!

Hidden Content

FORCE BACKGROUND JUDGEMENT  - no working , someone can fix this plz 
update fix :  

0x31, 0xC0, 0x40     <- on

darkest background doesnt work    in 20210804

someone have the adress to REMOVE GUIDELINES in ddrA20P? in 20210804

Edited by strider973

16 hours ago, strider973 said:

Hidden Content

FORCE BACKGROUND JUDGEMENT  - no working , someone can fix this plz 
update fix :  

0x31, 0xC0, 0x40     <- on

darkest background doesnt work    in 20210804

someone have the adress to REMOVE GUIDELINES in ddrA20P? in 20210804

use this  

Hidden Content

in a20PLUS 2021080400 use a card is useless you can't save score , only in A20 , that why i want to remove or aDd certain card option  from hex

Edited by strider973

il y a une heure, topet2k12001 a dit :

Those who can't save scores in A20 PLUS 2021-08-04 are using a certain module that is wrong/incorrect. I helped someone else solve this problem and the root cause was that he was using an incorrect module.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnw ok  i see , so someone can share good modules for a20p 2021080400 please?
so i not alone to play ddr  , i really need hex to guidelines and darkest background , no need to save score 

Edited by strider973

10 hours ago, strider973 said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnw ok  i see , so someone can share good modules for a20p 2021080400 please?
so i not alone to play ddr  , i really need hex to guidelines and darkest background , no need to save score 

For the darkest background, you have to change the address 0xa791e if you're using 2021080400 version. 

il y a 39 minutes, Arthema a dit :

For the darkest background, you have to change the address 0xa791e if you're using 2021080400 version. 

thank youuuuuuuuuuu:heart-pixel:    guidelines? that was be marvelous:bravo:

Edited by strider973

Hi, I'm currently using MDX-2021080400 but having issues using Blue mode (Dark background)  when on Gold Mode background works. I installed the Codecs and still no background on blue mode. Any thoughts? Thanks!

il y a une heure, Yog1 a dit :

Hi, I'm currently using MDX-2021080400 but having issues using Blue mode (Dark background)  when on Gold Mode background works. I installed the Codecs and still no background on blue mode. Any thoughts? Thanks!

have got these files  ? in  \contents\data\mdb_apx\movie\background

ddra20plus_bg_sd.m2v

ddra20plus_bg_hd.m2v

Edited by strider973

6 hours ago, strider973 said:

have got these files  ? in  \contents\data\mdb_apx\movie\background

ddra20plus_bg_sd.m2v

ddra20plus_bg_hd.m2v

I have kind of same issue. I have checked the to files ddra20plus_bg_sd.m2v, ddra20plus_bg_hd.m2v both are in \contents\data\mdb_apx\movie\background

image.png.6ceaa7db3acd22516cd889ac37635c74.png

On 2021/10/14 at 11:46 AM, Arthema said:

how to do that 

1.png

Edited by extreme3360

Il y a 1 heure, extreme3360 a dit :

how to do that 

1.png

Hidden Content

ITS OFFLINE PATCHER i just copy all the code and make the change already import gamemdx.dll     extract zip in d:\DDRA20PPATCHER

Edited by strider973

4 hours ago, strider973 said:

Hidden Content

ITS OFFLINE PATCHER i just copy all the code and make the change already import gamemdx.dll     extract zip in d:\DDRA20PPATCHER

broken afaik
8Dhl7vt.png 

il y a 58 minutes, piotr25691 a dit :

broken afaik

Hidden Content

just extract in d:\

14 minutes ago, strider973 said:

just extract in d:\

when i extract in C:\ then it breaks? 
interesting

well the js now starts when i extracted in D:\ but you didn't include the css

Edited by piotr25691

il y a 14 minutes, piotr25691 a dit :

when i extract in C:\ then it breaks? 
interesting

well the js now starts when i extracted in D:\ but you didn't include the css

image.png.b82d12b2d4434b8b20c6b5a17e2ab3d9.png   it work for me , i'm in my job actually , just extract in d:\    dans double clic ddra20p.html    open in chrome for example

if you want to change directory just right clic edit with notepad++   and change  "src=" directory

ddr01.png

ddr00.png

Edited by strider973

2 hours ago, strider973 said:

image.png.b82d12b2d4434b8b20c6b5a17e2ab3d9.png   it work for me , i'm in my job actually , just extract in d:\    dans double clic ddra20p.html    open in chrome for example

if you want to change directory just right clic edit with notepad++   and change  "src=" directory

ddr01.png

ddr00.png

i already changed it so it works anywhere and includes the CSS, here it is

Hidden Content

35 minutes ago, piotr25691 said:

i already changed it so it works anywhere and includes the CSS, here it is

Hidden Content

its working 

thank you  =DDDD

need a little help. Application isn't opening and I'm not understanding what the log is telling me is wrong.

Got it to work.

Edited by mangotoast
fixed problem

22 minutes ago, mangotoast said:

need a little help. Application isn't opening and I'm not understanding what the log is telling me is wrong.

You did not post your hardware setup, handy ........

Running at 1280 x 720 ?

What GPU do you use ?

Other GPU than NVIDIA based can be problematic afaik 

Just now, Onkel said:

You did not post your hardware setup, handy ........

Running at 1280 x 720 ?

What GPU do you use ?

Other GPU than NVIDIA based can be problematic afaik 

Sorry, I have an iGPU with intel. i3 processor.

Just now, mangotoast said:

Sorry, I have an iGPU with intel. i3 processor.

Forget about it, I guess it won't work on the hardware you got

Just to put to rest any doubt that butterfly doesn't work with 2020-dated modules of DDR A20 PLUS, I personally tested and took a couple of videos.

This first video is to prove that butterfly supports in-game events with 2020-dated modules of DDR A20 PLUS. I even used butterfly 1.4.0, which is older than the final public release.

This second video is to prove that butterfly is still able to save scores with 2020-dated modules of DDR A20 PLUS. After playing a song and showing the results screen, I exited the game and then restarted it. You can see in this video that the score was preserved/saved. I also used butterfly 1.4.0 in this video.

Now that there is proof, those who say that scores are not being saved with butterfly, or that butterfly doesn't work, are either:

• not using 2020-dated modules, or
  • are connected online via another 3rd-party server (therefore you're really not using butterfly at that moment), or
  • have "dirty" data (unverified/manually-compiled builds)
Edited by topet2k12001

I tried setting up to make an e-amusement card in the game, but the game crashes once I finish setting it up? 

Nvm got it to work

Edited by pkfire1997