Aller au contenu

Picmatic Marbella Vice

Satanicainc

Messages recommandés

After many years of waiting, the videos of the Spanish lightgun game Marbella Vice by Picmatic have finally been publicly released.

The Winuae emulator seems to have a predefined configuration, and MAME has the ROMs available.

https://archive.org/download/marbella-vice-picmatic-1994-laserdisc-pal

Sorry, I think you've misunderstood my message. The videos are available separately, MAME has the ROMs, and WinUAE seems to have the game configuration, but currently, this set of elements doesn't work together, so further investigation/testing is needed.

Sí señor, pero aunque el juego sea en castellano, recordad que en Emuline solo nos dejan hablar en inglés y francés...

Well, for the moment, I've managed to get the ROM to load in WinUAE; however, it keeps resetting constantly. On the other hand, WinUAE doesn't quite like the MP4 format, so I had to convert it to AVI encoded with Xvid. But since the ROM loading doesn't proceed, the video doesn't get to load either (I've even tried changing the laser disc reader from American LaserDisc to Sony Laserdisc, in which case the video loads but it's not synchronized with the ROM).

hace 20 horas, Satanicainc dijo:

Well, for the moment, I've managed to get the ROM to load in WinUAE; however, it keeps resetting constantly. On the other hand, WinUAE doesn't quite like the MP4 format, so I had to convert it to AVI encoded with Xvid. But since the ROM loading doesn't proceed, the video doesn't get to load either (I've even tried changing the laser disc reader from American LaserDisc to Sony Laserdisc, in which case the video loads but it's not synchronized with the ROM).

this is very good news

WINUAE v5.2 Beta 7 news:

- Quick fix to prevent ALG Marbella Vice boot crash. (Really stupid interrupt code that breaks if LD player answers too quickly.. and also enables disk sync interrupt and crashes if it gets one. This is also worked around). ALG LD player command 0x55 added (Frame Mode), MV requires it. Nothing else tested yet. It might work or might not. At least highscore list appears now.

It starts but even though I have the video converted to avi I don't get the image.

image.png.374d5cbf97f1a1c3b8c8e47dd96fac3e.png

Hi, I've checked using MJPEG and other codecs in an AVI container without successful. The game start with the new beta version but the video is showed as images. I put a ticket in the WinUAE github and the author told me the following. But I can't find the correct codec or the parameters the video needs...

image.png.a3efbf8808e959ca4829423bd08cf4aa.png

3 hours ago, Satanicainc said:

Hi, I've checked using MJPEG and other codecs in an AVI container without successful. The game start with the new beta version but the video is showed as images. I put a ticket in the WinUAE github and the author told me the following. But I can't find the correct codec or the parameters the video needs...

image.png.a3efbf8808e959ca4829423bd08cf4aa.png

ok can anyone tried to test this, install this pack (K-Lite Codec Pack) https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm restart and run the game again... let us know

The problem are not the installed codecs in the system. The problem is what codec is needed to encode the video to be understanding by Winuae\Marbella Vice ROM

More progress. On my YouTube channel, you can see that partial in-game emulation is now possible. There are still issues, such as the shooting only working in certain parts of the game, but things are looking promising.

Il y a 14 heures, Satanicainc a dit :

More progress. On my YouTube channel, you can see that partial in-game emulation is now possible. There are still issues, such as the shooting only working in certain parts of the game, but things are looking promising.

can you share the winuae config file and the video you are using please?

The emulation is not perfect yet. The input events are not totally ready and it's impossible to shoot some enemies.

I'm using the beta version too and I'm communicating the issues to Toni (the WinUAE developer) so is to early to say that the game is ready to play

You can see the videos I uploaded to my YouTube channel regarding the issues and the evolution of the emulator

ok, testing HVG's setup and mine... HVG's setup defaults to Windows Mouse, which makes playing with GUN4IR, Aimtrak, or Sinden impossible, but perfect with mouse. You need to configure the gun as HID Mouse Compatible (and the ID that Windows assigns to the gun) if you want to play with GUN4IR or others...

And is possible to configure the gun as Left Player (using the mapping showed in the attached image) or right player changing the trigger to right trigger (but remaining the lightpen horizontal and lightpen vertical). So the bug in this version is that both guns are mapped to the same lightpen where the right lightgun must be mapped to Dual Lightpen #2.

image.png.e61ac3bc28cd351003a5e2e488b477a4.png

No, with the yesterday beta of WinUAE is possible to play with one player correctly. But the new beta released today fixes some things but break others, so is better to wait to an estable version

Well, after some checks and re-configurations (video resizing, etc.) the last beta released yesterday by Toni Wilen works perfectly. You can play now with two players

I'm sharing a pack with the Spanish\English version ready for two players in Top Light Gunners 2 telegram group

Soon I'll upload to archive.org a WinUAE pack with all the American Laser Games and this Picmatic game

Il y a 3 heures, Satanicainc a dit :

Well, after some checks and re-configurations (video resizing, etc.) the last beta released yesterday by Toni Wilen works perfectly. You can play now with two players

I'm sharing a pack with the Spanish\English version ready for two players in Top Light Gunners 2 telegram group

Soon I'll upload to archive.org a WinUAE pack with all the American Laser Games and this Picmatic game

thank you very much !!!!

https://archive.org/details/winuae_alg_picmatic

40 minutes ago, nosoucy62 said:

Great, you're sharing my archive.org before I do (I´m PapaGustavoKratos too). You beat me to it.

Modifié par Satanicainc
more info of myself

thanks both 😄 for the game, also the video to be played is just Marbella Vice (2.3 Gb) ?

where do i put the video ? inside 'marbella vice' in the Games Folder ?

i get a blue screen, i have download marbeilla vice (picmatic) .avi video and put in games folder but the emulator does not work , i get a blue screen

Modifié par eljose

Is explained in the archive.org description. You need to copy the videos folder to the same folder you've extracted the 7z archive. If you only wants the Marbella Vice game, then you need to manually create the videos folder and copy inside the Marbella Vice [Picmatic].avi file

2 minutes ago, eljose said:

still get a blue screen and can not insert coin 😞 here is my config 

Sin título.png

Do you have installed the Xvid codec?

And, are you using the AHK to launch the games or are using the WinUAE emulator directly?

If you use the emulator, is needed to load the game configuration first from the configurations menu

i can launch the game and see the video :) but i can not use the MOUSE to aim 😞 and kill how do i condigure the mouse

i have also tried 'who shot johnny rock' and i have the same problem i can not shoot, there is no crosshair

Modifié par eljose

2 hours ago, eljose said:

i can launch the game and see the video :) but i can not use the MOUSE to aim 😞 and kill how do i condigure the mouse

i have also tried 'who shot johnny rock' and i have the same problem i can not shoot, there is no crosshair

if you're spanish (I guess yes) please, join the Top Light Gunners 2 Telegram Group. Is all explained there.

57 minutes ago, nosoucy62 said:

same problem for me :

no controls with mouse and no crosshair

no problem with the video

If you are playing with only one mouse or lightgun (without mouse) the you need to change the game configuration. So, following the steps:

1. Open winuae.exe

2. Go to Configurations and Load Marbella Vice [Picmatic] configuration

image.png.14d962df56cc9a0dc387007f849f9437.png

3. Go to Input, and expand the devices list. If you have only one mouse/lightgun you can see a HID compatible Mouse (or Mouse compatible con HID in spanish) device. Select it. image.png.3e5b97c58404a642136cf95c3b20e22b.png

4.  Enable the device. With the configuration I made, only one player is the right player/lightgun in the game, so to start you need to insert credits with the 4/5 keys and start the game with the 2 key

image.png.3612035472966d7bd46307012cb3aac5.png

5. Go to Configurations again a press Save.

6. Start the game from the Start button or exit the emulator and start from the AHK 

If you want to change the keys assigned in the keyboard, you can modify them in Winuae Keyboard device, in the input menu

image.png.64891658c508dd7ad7ba78d6caac56a1.png

Remember to load the configuration first before any changes and save after make any changes

Modifié par Satanicainc
forgot add change keyboard