Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC Mod] House Of The Dead III (PC) - Arcade Mod

argonlefou

Messages recommandés

Il y a 6 heures, valter a dit :

very good!! it worked really well! but when you press number 1 "start" it enters the game menu. but this modification is very good

You mean the game menu with the choice of survival mode, option, load/save etc ... ? This is weird, that screen should not exist anymore

Or do you mean that during the attract mode or the intro video, presing start will bring you back to the Title Screen where you have to press start again to play ?

That case I know about. I unfortunatelly did not find any solution to properly start a new game without validating from the Title Menu  😔

Modifié par argonlefou

il y a 55 minutes, stuart2773 a dit :

thank you so much,

would it be possible to do a widescreen Full HD patch?

something similar was done before i think but the links are dead

No need for that kind of patch anymore, nowadays you can simply use DgVoodoo2 to upscale the game, and apply filters on 2D sprites

On top of that, you can also use ReShade (or - better - the excellent ArcCabView ) to stretch the display as you like and a lot of other options.

207864565-2f99e8ef-7138-4400-afde-aec646

207864556-54e518df-5c9b-4f8a-abd7-e6778b

il y a 22 minutes, `kingston Ramsey a dit :

which ver is the best to use the one i have with the game launcher does not load when using Hotd3Arcade_Launcher.exe to run it

There is a list of supported versions on the Github project page

Or you can send me the packed hod3pc.exe, I may look at the binary if I have the time

Modifié par argonlefou

il y a 21 minutes, spiderzsoft a dit :

use ahk script fix this issue, just block the 1 and 2 press  button if coin is 0

Weird.... This should already be the case : the mod is blocking if there is not enough coin to start (beeing 0,2 or more according to the needed coins settings)

At least, that's how it is behaving at home

il y a 18 minutes, spiderzsoft a dit :

Hint:

• if Player1 is playing in game, 1P Start button should be block.
  • same thing with Player2. if Player2 is Playing 2P start button should be block.
  • if Credit is 0 both start buttons should be block in intro, Score screen all time,

once again Appreciate  for your efforts:
Thanks

Agreed for "Pause menu" in-game with P1 and P2 start buttons. This is already on the to-list.

The mod is far from finished, I'm aware of that ☺️

I needed a break and some feedbacks from real users

On the other hand, the Title Screen not blocking on your video is very surprising .... As I said it is part of the patch and I don't have this issue at home on any of my computer 😔.... I'd like to have a look at your hod3pc.exe (even the 3 of them 😄)

By the way, if you're blocked on the black screen, does it unlock automatically as soon as you insert more coins ?

1 ora fa, argonlefou ha scritto:

No need for that kind of patch anymore, nowadays you can simply use DgVoodoo2 to upscale the game, and apply filters on 2D sprites

On top of that, you can also use ReShade (or - better - the excellent ArcCabView ) to stretch the display as you like and a lot of other options.

03.png.166d6d282e42a1051cc46c577c64411b.png

02.png.221148b69bcb6558fa8ad892a9952f62.png

(Edit : sorry, images keep getting downsized..)

Or you can send me the packed hod3pc.exe, I may look at the binary if I have the time

what is the render dll for hooking it ?

il y a 45 minutes, joefish a dit :

what is the render dll for hooking it ?

From DgVoodoo folder : MS > x86 > DX8.dll

il y a 15 minutes, spiderzsoft a dit :

game exe

https://mega.nz/file/HHIGiKBI#IKLh1KSlin-Ky-oqAueibiySRV4YCuNo3gUKe6i4TcA

if you're blocked on the black screen, does it unlock automatically as soon as you insert more coins ?
Yes, i use ahk simple script to read your Credit Memory (0x003B7DD0) and mention in my script. if coin value is 0 then Key1 is blocked. After insert Coin game auto Start

That behavior is what happens when the "block user in title screen" is not applyed, so that makes sense (even if it should be ...)

But this is crazy ! I can't access the black screen with any of your binaries 🥴 All are blocking fine at the title screen at home 😱

I'll look for another way if it can be buggy on some computers...

Untill then, instead of checkin the Credits number (0x003B7DD0) against Zero, you should check wheter it's bigger than the value in 0x003B7E1C (Needed credits to start a game)

Modifié par argonlefou

il y a 2 minutes, spiderzsoft a dit :

then simply share your game binaries
all users use your game binaries and solve this problem 😆 lol

There are the same as yours (well, 2 out of 3) 😰

I'll post the 3rd one later, as well as another binary to test if the button press check is working fine

Modifié par argonlefou

hotd3p.jpg.1d32e55ebfd93c33f108201be853d2ff.jpg

HD-4k *Game patch only* + Advertise Sound unlocked

https://gofile.io/d/ZcBfgZ

Full game + patch

https://gofile.io/d/vI2VmA

NOTE : Installer is RUS / ENG remember to select your preferred language

select.jpg.9b4a717f10391bdd1f55f25a887b258f.jpg

Patched game also works with the original Sega loader that I attached in the package (Sega Loader folder) in case you want to play House of The Dead 3 without using the loader by argonlefou whom I thank for his contribution as always

Modifié par hippopippo

23 minuti fa, hippopippo ha scritto:

HD-4k Game patch + Advertise Sound unlocked

Patched game also works with the original Sega loader that I attached in the package (Sega Loader folder) in case you want to play House of The Dead 3 without using the loader by argonlefou whom I thank for his contribution as always

thanx but got black screen with your exe

il y a une heure, punkdark2000 a dit :

I'm having a problem that player1 can't reload the gun

I'm using this version
https://gofile.io/d/vI2VmA

I've installed both english and russian version with your setup in the package, and unfortunatelly everything is working fine here, I can't reproduce that behavior 😔

7 ore fa, argonlefou ha scritto:

207864565-2f99e8ef-7138-4400-afde-aec646

207864556-54e518df-5c9b-4f8a-abd7-e6778b

Where can I find the same bezel as yours? Could you please share?

Great work BTW!

Very cool! Only issue I have is at the title screen, I have to press my p1 start button twice to get p1 to start. The p2 button starts on the first press. After that it works every time. Same if I start a game as p2. If I want p1 to join, I have to press p1 start twice. I am playing in Freeplay mode. 

12 hours ago, argonlefou said:

Agreed for "Pause menu" in-game with P1 and P2 start buttons. This is already on the to-list.

The mod is far from finished, I'm aware of that ☺️

I needed a break and some feedbacks from real users

On the other hand, the Title Screen not blocking on your video is very surprising .... As I said it is part of the patch and I don't have this issue at home on any of my computer 😔.... I'd like to have a look at your hod3pc.exe (even the 3 of them 😄)

By the way, if you're blocked on the black screen, does it unlock automatically as soon as you insert more coins ?

Hey great work, looks much more natural on an arcade cabinet without the main menu. Only issue I seem to be having is I cant get demulshooter to hook the game and the icon stays red. I am using the same commands to launch demulshooter DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc I used to prior to this upgrade but it doesnt seem to work now. I have both players set to keyboard as you normally would for demulshooter and no response from the lightguns. If i set p1 to mouse then it will work but both guns control the p1 side. 

1 hour ago, boxdgm said:

Hey great work, looks much more natural on an arcade cabinet without the main menu. Only issue I seem to be having is I cant get demulshooter to hook the game and the icon stays red. I am using the same commands to launch demulshooter DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc I used to prior to this upgrade but it doesnt seem to work now. I have both players set to keyboard as you normally would for demulshooter and no response from the lightguns. If i set p1 to mouse then it will work but both guns control the p1 side. 

This haopened to me also, but switching to the latest demulshooter version fixed it. I was on a fairly old one before. Also, make sure to run demulshooter as administrator

Il y a 10 heures, nokaktsawa a dit :

Where can I find the same bezel as yours? Could you please share?

Great work BTW!

I made them myself, here they are :

Hod3pc_bezels.zip

Il y a 8 heures, cor094 a dit :

Very cool! Only issue I have is at the title screen, I have to press my p1 start button twice to get p1 to start. The p2 button starts on the first press. After that it works every time. Same if I start a game as p2. If I want p1 to join, I have to press p1 start twice. I am playing in Freeplay mode. 

Hmm...between those who can press start without any credits and those who have to press it twice to go.....I really don't know what is causing this strange behavior 🤨

Il y a 3 heures, boxdgm a dit :

I just know that DemulShooter runs fine with the mod, this is mostly an issue with your configuration.

As @cor094 said, check admin rights and latest version.

If it's still not working you can get a debug file by running : DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc -v

Updated the mod to V2.0 :

- There's a new option in the config,  to disable in-game pause when Start Buttons are pressed. It's best to remove old ini file and run the config tool again to have everything in order.

- The 'Title Screen credits check' has been changed, hopefullt this should remove issues with some people having trouble with black screen or double Start press 🤞

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v2.0.zip

Modifié par argonlefou

1 hour ago, argonlefou said:

- There's a new option in the config,  to disable in-game pause when Start Buttons are pressed. It's best to remove old ini file and run the config tool again to have everything in order.

- The 'Title Screen credits check' has been changed, hopefullt this should remove issues with some people having trouble with black screen or double Start press 🤞

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v2.0.zip 1.36 MB · 7 downloads

bro you are amazing at this now it really feels like a arcade game thank you so much for this and hopefully you will do more games like this in the future

7 hours ago, argonlefou said:

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v2.0.zip 1.36 MB · 40 downloads

tabarnak  jai attendu 20 ans pour ca lol merci argonlefou

7 ore fa, argonlefou ha scritto:

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v2.0.zip 1 MB · 40 download

i found a little bug using your demulshooter - what i set for middle button doesnt work as selecting path/route

im using revelation exe - can you check it ?

also you on github wrote Gamepad buttons are not yet configured but can be changed by editing the config file manually.

can you make  an example for xinput pad ?

i tried but everytime i boot the game the .ini file is reset

merci

20 hours ago, cor094 said:

This haopened to me also, but switching to the latest demulshooter version fixed it. I was on a fairly old one before. Also, make sure to run demulshooter as administrator

Running DS as admin fixed the issue 1st try. Never had the issue before with anything using DS but good to know, thanks for the tip bro. 

Il y a 13 heures, stuart2773 a dit :

Thank you so much argonlefou

would it be possible to add the HD-4k resolutions (uploaded by hippopippo)

and Hod3pc_bezels.zip into your Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v2.0

HD-4k *Game patch only* + Advertise Sound unlocked

Sorry but no, mainly because I don't have know at all what hippopippo did (and obviously I can't add what I don't know)

And also because as I said, I will not modify the display settings of the game knowing that you can obtain any resolution and upscale quality you want by simply copying a file next to the game executable (using DgVoodoo2), and testing/changing settings on the lfy

On a side note, rest assured that nothing was "Locked" (Advertise Sound) : the parameter is not used by the mod (it does not exists in the game OR I still didn't find how) so it is disabled on the configurator simply because the values doesn't matter...😉

Il y a 10 heures, joefish a dit :

i found a little bug using your demulshooter - what i set for middle button doesnt work as selecting path/route

im using revelation exe - can you check it ?

Yes, confirmed.

I'll have to update DemulShooter to remove hod3pc (now unused) options, this will be the chance to check at it.

Thanks for the feedback

Il y a 10 heures, joefish a dit :

also you on github wrote Gamepad buttons are not yet configured but can be changed by editing the config file manually.

can you make  an example for xinput pad ?

i tried but everytime i boot the game the .ini file is reset

merci

And.....I wrote sh*it 😅 I'll remove that

Gamepad settings didn't  made it at the end, because the game is handling it very poorly (relative instead of absolute use of coordinates). That's what I highly advise to use DemulShooter for that kind of purpose

respecting the great work of Argon I simply adapted the configurator parameters to the new values of the resolutions added in the hod3pc.exe file (1360x768, 1920x1080, 3840x2160) to have the resolutions natively without using wrappers or reshaders .. about the Advertise Sound I know it's not used but it's only aesthetic .. no big deal :) .. I attach the updated version for those who asked for it

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_HD4k_2.0

https://gofile.io/d/B5kwoe

il y a 9 minutes, hippopippo a dit :

respecting the great work of Argon I simply adapted the configurator parameters to the new values of the resolutions added in the hod3pc.exe file (1360x768, 1920x1080, 3840x2160) to have the resolutions natively without using wrappers or reshaders .. about the Advertise Sound I know it's not used but it's only aesthetic .. no big deal :) .. I attach the updated version for those who asked for it

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_HD4k_2.0

https://gofile.io/d/B5kwoe

No worries ! The whole point of open sourcing is to let people do what they want 😉

So those specific resolutions are tied to a specific modded version of the game if I understand well ?

Modifié par argonlefou