Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Laserdisc Games HD [17/12 Mad Dog McCree Spanish audio track]

HVG

Messages recommandés

I'm going to start uploading some new HD remastered versions of some laserdisc arcade games from Singe2 and Hypseus Singe. 
To make these remasterings I have used the best sources available today, the discs in interlaced DVD ROM format or CHD dumps from MAME. Then I've mounted and converted by AI to progressive HD these videos trying to respect as much as possible the original source. 

The only thing you have to do is to replace the current video and audio from Singe2 or Hypseus with my new version and delete the Index files of the same name.

Enjoy it

COBRA COMMAND for Hypseus

https://mega.nz/folder/QkMWlRqC#LenOYMQ0r1RuLIXLuL6qaA

Mad Dog McCree for Singe2

https://mega.nz/file/509GDAwS#bORm06peOsk3yYruAwuPofX_SiVIH2kAawxhoAkx0s8

[Update 17/12]

Spanish audio track. You can use the Avidemux program to add it to the video.

https://mega.nz/file/Yx1w0RqK#UorT8BKzJa3sgz6bP1m8_oRpHbZFmqBvAUpSKqjK_rE

Modifié par HVG
New update

@HVG ...sorry, no offense but this looks like crap to me... did you see at the details before stating that these conversions are respecting as much as possible the original sources? cobra command copyrights are barely recognizable, the title itself it's messed up and mad dog mccree looks way better in standard definition... this thing can't be considered a remaster in any way whatsoever...

1639486119-screen-shot-2021-12-14-at-8-4

1639486125-screen-shot-2021-12-14-at-8-4

Modifié par dex77

hace 1 hora, dex77 dijo:

@HVG ...sorry, no offense but this looks like crap to me... did you see at the details before stating that these conversions are respecting as much as possible the original sources? cobra command copyrights are barely recognizable, the title itself it's messed up and mad dog mccree looks way better in standard definition... this thing can't be considered a remaster in any way whatsoever...

Have you downloaded and watched the videos? I have only tried to correct the problems of the original video and convert it to progresive 1440x1080 without altering the look of the original video. Maybe I was wrong to call it a remastering... Sorry. I correct the title. 

Modifié par HVG

42 minutes ago, HVG said:

Have you downloaded and watched the videos? I have only tried to correct the problems of the original video and convert it to progresive 1440x1080 without altering the look of the original video. Maybe I was wrong to call it a remastering... Sorry. I correct the title. 

no worries, remastering is (technically speaking) a digital transfer from the original footage (which most likely comes from film) to a higher resolution and in the process the image gets cleaned and the color/contrast go through a color correction (grading) which is manually done, sometimes scene by scene, technically what you did is of course a remastering but there's no AI that can improve the detail from ntsc or pal SD definition, simply because the LD source resolution it's too small, that's why the image looks sharper but the details are completely gone and screwed, personally i don't understand this 4k thing for a standard that is supposed to be 640x480 and displayed on a crt screen... as i said no offense, i'm a purist and mine it's just an objective observation about the image quality... 

hace 36 minutos, dex77 dijo:

no worries, remastering is (technically speaking) a digital transfer from the original footage (which most likely comes from film) to a higher resolution and in the process the image gets cleaned and the color/contrast go through a color correction (grading) which is manually done, sometimes scene by scene, technically what you did is of course a remastering but there's no AI that can improve the detail from ntsc or pal SD definition, simply because the LD source resolution it's too small, that's why the image looks sharper but the details are completely gone and screwed, personally i don't understand this 4k thing for a standard that is supposed to be 640x480 and displayed on a crt screen... as i said no offense, i'm a purist and mine it's just an objective observation about the image quality... 

I take no offense, but I don't share your point of view. We must try to improve as much as possible these videos that were made for a type of TV that almost nobody has nowadays. This is the opinion of a 50 years old person who has seen the birth of videogames.

20 hours ago, dex77 said:

personally i don't understand this 4k thing for a standard that is supposed to be 640x480 and displayed on a crt screen... as i said no offense, i'm a purist and mine it's just an objective observation about the image quality... 

@dex77 - I am a massive fan of your SD work on lair, ace etc, these SD are fantastic when displayed at native resolution in a 640x480 "window" on a modern screen. Heads above the original video by RDG.

However, when I use yours, or any, SD content in -fullscreen, on a modern 2/4k monitor it just doesn't match what some of these upscales are trying to achieve. Even with all the modern bilinear filtering etc applied. 

There is a drive for HD on this content. This is not gonna suite, or please, everyone. As I say about Singe 2 and Hypseus comparisons, there are different audiences for the games in these applications. And if we can cater for as many as we can, then all the better.

@HVG - I have to state that on a 2k -fullscreen display these "upscales" look far better than anything we have already and I thank you for that.

I also thank everyone for their work in providing this diversity. Great job to all the people who have the knowledge, and spend their own time, in providing these classics in an improved/refactored version.

I think we just have different groups of people looking for different things.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

22 minutes ago, HVG said:

I take no offense, but I don't share your point of view. We must try to improve as much as possible these videos that were made for a type of TV that almost nobody has nowadays. This is the opinion of a 50 years old person who has seen the birth of videogames.

my whole point is very simple, unless you retrieve the original source on film (eg. for cobra command) there's no AI that can improve the details as you should clearly see from the resulting clips analyzed frame by frame... ps. i'm 37... i just have a long experience regarding video technology... but yeah, if you're fine with an average result we're all golden... peace!

ps. if you try to convert a digital source from 1080p to 4k then it's another story... 

Modifié par dex77

25 minutes ago, xxOToTOxx said:

@dex77 - I am a massive fan of your SD work on MadDog etc, these SD are fantastic when displayed at native resolution in a 640x480 "window" on a modern screen. Heads above the original video by RDG.

However, when I use yours, or any, SD content in -fullscreen, on a modern 2/4k monitor it just doesn't match what some of these upscales are trying to achieve. Even with all the modern bilinear filtering etc applied. 

There is a drive for HD on this content. This is not gonna suite, or please, everyone. As I say about Singe 2 and Hypseus comparisons, there are different audiences for the games in these applications. And if we can cater for as many as we can, then all the better.

@HVG - I have to state that on a 2k -fullscreen display these "upscales" look far better than anything we have already and I thank you for that.

I also thank everyone for their work in providing this diversity. Great job to all the people who have the knowledge, and spend their own time, in providing these classics in an improved/refactored version.

I think we just have different groups of people looking for different things.

it's like to put a fiat 500 engine inside a lamborghini... why?  ...those games are meant to be played on a crt screen... in a real cabinet...

i understand the evolution but at the same time i see things for what they are, these are vintage games, simple as that... no drama... 

Just as a note to this thread.

The remastered video posted here by HVG for Singe 2, can be converted to MPEG2 for Hypseus Singe with the following FFmpeg commands.

Maddog HD:

ffmpeg -i maddog.mp4 -vf tpad=stop_mode=clone:stop_duration=2 -qscale:v 4 -b:v 6000k -c:v mpeg2video maddog.m2v
ffmpeg -i maddog.mp4 -ss 00:00:00.33 -vn -c:a libvorbis -ar 44100 -map a -b:a 160k maddog.ogg

FFmpeg is available for Windows here: https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

"The only thing you have to do is to replace the current video and audio from Singe2 or Hypseus with my new version and delete the Index files of the same name."

Once again many thanks @HVG

• 3 semaines après...

@dex77 - Can you tell me what program and frame you were looking at the HVG cobra video in for this screenshot?

1639486119-screen-shot-2021-12-14-at-8-4

Running the same video in Hypseus, I see this:

hyp-cobra.png

A world of difference in quality.

Are you just at an earlier frame on the zoom in, is that just a really bad frame you found ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

• 1 an après...
Le 14/01/2022 à 12:59, xxOToTOxx a dit :

@dex77 - Can you tell me what program and frame you were looking at the HVG cobra video in for this screenshot?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/50/2/1639486119-screen-shot-2021-12-14-at-8-47-22-pm.jpg

Running the same video in Hypseus, I see this:

hyp-cobra.png

A world of difference in quality.

Are you just at an earlier frame on the zoom in, is that just a really bad frame you found ?

Your Cobra Command in 4k Is Amazing as you my friend but forgive me...why when i try It (or your  4k Cliff Hanger) on Daphne 4k emulatore they give me error at start and Don t work? Help me please