topet2k12001

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami) - UPDATED 2020

15 minutes ago, dean@tamm.am said:

One last question. So, I've gotten everything working... and it's awesome... and I want to take it to the full experience.

I have working virtual passes with Butterfly/SpiceCompanion and Virtual Swipe button. But I want to make myself some cards and get a little scanner/NFC reader so I can emulate the proper experience.

Are these cards regular HID-style cards? Can I just write the ID line to it and then scan and have it work for that function? Or is it a special type of card needed.

I realize this is probably completely excessive as this is just in my home for myself but I really want to go full experience. Would you have any info/experience with that piece?

Hmmm....

If you do have an actual e-Amusement card, it works with SpiceCompanion (that's what I actually use SpiceCompanion for). :) Obviously your records in the official e-Amusement server won't copy over to Butterfly (and vice-versa), but yes it works.

As far as using a generic set of cards where you get to assign a number (I've seen some in online retail websites), My DDR friends and I have been actually curious as well. I'd assume it will work but you probably need to ensure that you follow the format.

I believe the format is 16 digits but there is a specific range of numbers/letters that can be used. I think it's A to F for letters and 0 to 9 for numbers, I just can't remember. I think it was mentioned in the old DDR A20 thread.

Or to make it easier for you, in Spice Configuration, generate a "card." It will be saved as card0.txt or card1.txt. Open those files and use those letters/numbers. Generate again if you want to make more cards. :)

Edited by topet2k12001

3 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hmmm....

If you do have an actual e-Amusement card, it works with SpiceCompanion (that's what I actually use SpiceCompanion for). :) Obviously your records in the official e-Amusement server won't copy over to Butterfly (and vice-versa), but yes it works.

As far as using a generic set of cards where you get to assign a number (I've seen some in online retail websites), My DDR friends and I have been actually curious as well. I'd assume it will work but you probably need to ensure that you follow the format.

I believe the format is 16 digits but there is a specific range of numbers/letters that can be used. I think it's A to F for letters and 0 to 9 for numbers, I just can't remember. I think it was mentioned in the old DDR A20 thread.

Or to make it easier for you, in Spice Configuration, generate a "card." It will be saved as card0.txt or card1.txt. Open those files and use those letters/numbers. Generate again if you want to make more cards. :)

Ahh gotcha. I'm just thinking maybe I need to play with a USB/NFC scanner to prompt it to press the 'virtual card' button? Since that seems to be the trigger with a card loaded. Except it would need to be on the machine.

Totally understood on e-Amusement identity not being the same as on official.

What would you think would be most sensible? Get an E-Amusement card, modify my local ID to match new and then use an NFC scanner? Or go HID-style swipe card?

Also do you know if E-Amusement is anything special or just regular NFC?

Just now, dean@tamm.am said:

Ahh gotcha. I'm just thinking maybe I need to play with a USB/NFC scanner to prompt it to press the 'virtual card' button? Since that seems to be the trigger with a card loaded. Except it would need to be on the machine.

Totally understood on e-Amusement identity not being the same as on official.

What would you think would be most sensible? Get an E-Amusement card, modify my local ID to match new and then use an NFC scanner? Or go HID-style swipe card?

Also do you know if E-Amusement is anything special or just regular NFC?

You can also do it "virtually" with SpiceCompanion. it's the same concept as generating a "card" in Spice Config actually. But since you mentioned you want the "full experience" that's why my response was focused on the use of physical cards. :)

I live in Asia region so usage of e-Amusement cards is pretty common here. So if I were to answer that question my answer would be to use an e-Amusement card. :) Less expenditure too since it can be used for both the official DDR machine and here with SpiceCompanion.

I think e-Amusement is just regular NFC. My phone's NFC reader is able to detect it whenever I use it on SpiceCompanion.

8 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

You can also do it "virtually" with SpiceCompanion. it's the same concept as generating a "card" in Spice Config actually. But since you mentioned you want the "full experience" that's why my response was focused on the use of physical cards. :)

I live in Asia region so usage of e-Amusement cards is pretty common here. So if I were to answer that question my answer would be to use an e-Amusement card. :) Less expenditure too since it can be used for both the official DDR machine and here with SpiceCompanion.

I think e-Amusement is just regular NFC. My phone's NFC reader is able to detect it whenever I use it on SpiceCompanion.

Yep! I have been doing it virtually with SpiceCompanion and it is cool but a few extra steps to take out phone and press 'Insert Card' when I can theoretically just swipe something/put a chip to a reader.

I think I will try contactless NFC - will try first with regular card but will then have option for e-Amusements.

Thinking to order this as it will allow for the writing as well - 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

My only question would be - how does the game understand that a swipe is a card being loaded, if it is all configured within SpiceTools virtually? Would I map this to a keystroke? Or does this just 'work' from your experience/understanding?

Edited by dean@tamm.am
Mistype

7 minutes ago, dean@tamm.am said:

Yep! I have been doing it virtually with SpiceCompanion and it is cool but a few extra steps to take out phone and press 'Insert Card' when I can theoretically just swipe something/put a chip to a reader.

I think I will try contactless NFC - will try first with regular card but will then have option for NFC.

Thinking to order this as it will allow for the writing as well - 

Hidden Content

My only question would be - how does the game understand that a swipe is a card being loaded, if it is all configured within SpiceTools virtually? Would I map this to a keystroke? Or does this just 'work' from your experience/understanding?

Without using a physical card: you map a button (presumably on your keyboard) that emulates a "card swipe." You also "generate" a "card" beforehand. Both can be done in Spice Configuration. Most people using this DDR rip go with this approach by default and is actually the procedure I recorded in my video tutorial in the first page.

With a physical card, e.g. e-Amusement: use SpiceCompanion to swipe the e-Amusement card for the first time so that it gets registered on Spice's database (this behavior is similar to "generate" a "card" as above). From there you can use the e-Amusement card in subsequent games.

Edited by topet2k12001

2 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Without using a physical card: you map a button (presumably on your keyboard) that emulates a "card swipe." You also "generate" a "card" beforehand. Both can be done in Spice Configuration. Most people using this DDR rip go with this approach by default and is actually the procedure I recorded in my video tutorial in the first page.

With a physical card, e.g. e-Amusement: use SpiceCompanion to swipe the e-Amusement card for the first time so that it gets registered on Spice's database (this behavior is similar to "generate" a "card" as above). From there you can use the e-Amusement card in subsequent games.

So with physical card method, if I add card in SpiceCompanion and insert card manually to add to database... if I then scan that card on a reader... that automatically registers as a card insert with the right ID and starts?

14 minutes ago, dean@tamm.am said:

So with physical card method, if I add card in SpiceCompanion and insert card manually to add to database... if I then scan that card on a reader... that automatically registers as a card insert with the right ID and starts?

So I was typing to edit my original message, but I'll just continue here:

Without physical card: the caveat here is that the game only recognizes whatever "card number" is written in card0.txt (for Player 1 side) and/or card1.txt (for Player 2 side). So if you have more players, you'd have to rename the existing card0.txt and card1.txt...and then generate new ones. Not too convenient if you plan to use your rig publicly/with multiple players/profiles. This approach is not a problem if you're the only player of the game/machine (which is the case for most people here).

With physical card: SpiceCompanion dynamically "adds" as many new cards that you register on it so this is the behavior closest to the arcade/official DDR. It can "remember" even a combination of physical and virtual cards. I believe SpiceCompanion also allows you to emulate a "swipe" in the case of a "virtual/generated" card number. Give it a try.

To visualize, here's my SpiceCompanion. See that it's a combination of actual e-Amusement and "virtual" cards.

Screenshot-20210429-024034.jpg

Yes, once a swipe is detected, the game automatically starts. It's the same case even with "virtual" cards as well as physical cards, and in the official DDR cab/arcade. If a "swipe" is detected first, you don't have to manually press the Start button anymore.

Edited by topet2k12001

Just now, topet2k12001 said:

So I was typing to edit my original message, but I'll just continue here:

Without physical card: the caveat here is that the game only recognizes whatever "card number" is written in card0.txt (for Player 1 side) and/or card1.txt (for Player 2 side). So if you have more players, you'd have to rename the existing card0.txt and card1.txt...and then generate new ones. Not too convenient if you plan to use your rig publicly/with multiple players/profiles.

With physical card: SpiceCompanion dynamically "adds" as many new cards that you register on it so this is the behavior closest to the arcade/official DDR. It can "remember" even a combination of physical and virtual cards. I believe SpiceCompanion also allows you to emulate a "swipe" in the case of a "virtual/generated" card number. Give it a try.

To visualize, here's my SpiceCompanion. See that it's a combination of actual e-Amusement and "virtual" cards.

Hidden Content

Ahh gotcha. That is how I'm currently using it - have a few cards installed in the app and then select the card/select the proper player and then select 'Insert Card' and it works. It even works with the app on multiple devices using the same ID's!

So I will try adding multiple ID's with Spice Companion app and then scanning a card on the reader. I will test. 

I know that SpiceCompanion emulates the 'swipe' and am really curious to see what happens with a real swipe. Will reply back with findings!

15 minutes ago, dean@tamm.am said:

Ahh gotcha. That is how I'm currently using it - have a few cards installed in the app and then select the card/select the proper player and then select 'Insert Card' and it works. It even works with the app on multiple devices using the same ID's!

So I will try adding multiple ID's with Spice Companion app and then scanning a card on the reader. I will test. 

I know that SpiceCompanion emulates the 'swipe' and am really curious to see what happens with a real swipe. Will reply back with findings!

Forgot to mention: since with SpiceCompanion you are using a device that has only one (1) NFC reader (the phone/tablet itself), it can't distinguish whether you're inserting the card in Player 1 or Player 2 by merely swiping a card on it.

Simply tap the card number on your phone's or tablet's screen that you want to "insert" and a pop-up message box appears, allowing you to choose "Insert to P1" or "Insert to P2" as appropriate.

Hidden Content

Hey, so I created a XWB and XSB of Summer but not getting any audio playing, any idea of the problem or a solution? 

Thanks!! 

Edited by pkfire1997

hace 4 horas, pkfire1997 dijo:

Hidden Content

Hey, so I created a XWB and XSB of Summer but not getting any audio playing, any idea of the problem or a solution? 

Thanks!! 

You probably did something wrong in the procedure, since the preview and full song is not working properly

3 hours ago, B4SH-T said:

You probably did something wrong in the procedure, since the preview and full song is not working properly

Hmm not sure, did everything correctly but no results? 

7 hours ago, pkfire1997 said:

Hidden Content

Thanks!! 

it doing the some to me

21 hours ago, pkfire1997 said:

Hidden Content

Thanks!! 

You need to abbreviate the song as the same abreviattion in song.db, don't use summ because this is the abreviattion of "my summer love", create another like (summ4, summy).

The wav files in xact need to be the same quality as the tutorial, maybe is this.

Edited by Arcadudo

33 minutes ago, Arcadudo said:

You need to abbreviate the song as the same abreviattion in song.db, don't use summ because this is the abreviattion of "my summer love", create another like (summ4, summy).

The wav files in xact need to be the same quality as the tutorial, maybe is this.

I figured it out, thanks everyone!! :) 

On 4/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, topet2k12001 said:

Forgot to mention: since with SpiceCompanion you are using a device that has only one (1) NFC reader (the phone/tablet itself), it can't distinguish whether you're inserting the card in Player 1 or Player 2 by merely swiping a card on it.

Simply tap the card number on your phone's or tablet's screen that you want to "insert" and a pop-up message box appears, allowing you to choose "Insert to P1" or "Insert to P2" as appropriate.

For physical NFC reader... I am very curious to see what it looks like, since it would also be 1 reader and same situation.

I have purchased a card reader/writer, setup a card with the ID from SpiceCompanion app and emabled scardflip - but nothing seems to be triggering within the game.

Would there be any resources about setting up this type of card? Is there anything I am missing?

12 hours ago, dean@tamm.am said:

For physical NFC reader... I am very curious to see what it looks like, since it would also be 1 reader and same situation.

I have purchased a card reader/writer, setup a card with the ID from SpiceCompanion app and emabled scardflip - but nothing seems to be triggering within the game.

Would there be any resources about setting up this type of card? Is there anything I am missing?

I honestly haven't tried using a physical NFC Reader (yet) as I have mentioned earlier (other than my phone's NFC Reader where SpiceCompanion is installed) so I don't want to pretend that I know what I really don't .:)

But, looking at Spice Configuration, and using common sense as my guide, I would assume that there should be an option for setting up a physical reader.

screenshot-1620112290.png

screenshot-1620113245.png

Also I believe there's documentation available in the source code of Spice Tools...remember when you download it from the first page of this thread, it downloads a zip file. Inside of it is a folder called "src." Try to open its contents and read the documentation contained within.

Edited by topet2k12001

En 5/1/2021 a las 15:52, pkfire1997 dijo:

I figured it out, thanks everyone!! :)

how did you solve this?

Was there ever any consensus on if the timing adjustment hex edits (0x01D2A0 or whatever) work in blue cab mode? or gold cab mode only?

I just got this all set up on my CRT Extreme J-Cab and it feels like I have to hit the arrows too early, but I also read that gold cab mode does not play nicely with SD mode.

hace 7 horas, pkfire1997 dijo:

Anyone know where the code or file that displays the songs in Screen Demonstration are located?? 

arkmdxp3.dll -> here

Hi all, Im having problems launching the game, the CDM screen execute a white screen, then it closes instantly :(

Log

Hidden Content

hace 1 hora, Novi dijo:

Hi all, Im having problems launching the game, the CDM screen execute a white screen, then it closes instantly :(

Log

Hidden Content

I solved it installing Direct X lol

But now i have a little but anoying problem, the sound is not clean, i dont know how to describe it but its like a screech, that sound can damage my speakers in a long term :(