Aller au contenu

[Experimental] Outrun 2006 PC - HD UI

ducon2016

Messages recommandés

[WARNING THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL]

Outrun 2006 on PC is nice except for the UI, it looks very low res when played on HD monitors. I just made a quick test to see if we could make it better. So sharing the progress so far.

This is the original, notice how blurry "Total Time" and the rest of UI is.

unknown.png

I have been playing around with the file format, and wanted to share some of the promising initial results with xBRZ

unknown.png

and here with Waifu2x Noise Level 0

unknown.png

and here Waifu2x Noise Level 3

unknown.png

For those interested in trying it Outrun2006Test.7z

1. You will need to make a copy of your Sprite folder

2. Edit Process All.bat and change the path to your Sprite copy folder

3. Run Process All.bat, and when finished copy all the .sz files in the original Sprite folder (NOT THE COPY)

4. Make a copy of OR2006C2C.exe and patch it

Offset: 0002D22E
Original: DB 44
Patch: 8B 4C

Offset: 0002D232
Original: 8B 4C 24 1C 85 C9 7D 06 D8 05 70 80 62 00
Patch: D1 E9 89 4C 24 1C DB 44 24 1C 90 90 90 90

Offset: 0002D246
Original: 85 D2 DB 44
Patch: D1 EA 89 54

Offset: 0002D24C
Original: 7D 06 D8 05 70 80 62 00
Patch: DB 44 24 20 90 90 90 90

Few issues:

1. My converter does not fully work with some .sz files yet (the ones commented out in the batch file), which likely will results in bugs when those images are used

2. All art is automatically upscaled, and no solution is ideal right now. Waifu 2x with Noise Level 3 seems the best though.

3. Might be a lot of bugs, it has not been extensively tested

Modifié par ducon2016

• 2 semaines après...
En 8/8/2020 a las 22:44, ducon2016 dijo:

... and here Waifu2x Noise Level 3

unknown.png

WOW!!! This one, the fourth screenshot is amazing!

Could you upload the .exe file already patched? Work witch Out Run 2 SP SDX?

Thanks, asome work!

Modifié par Keroro

4 hours ago, Keroro said:

WOW!!! This one, the fourth screenshot is amazing!

Could you upload the .exe file already patched? Work witch Out Run 2 SP SDX?

Thanks, asome work!

This is still in progress work, there are few issues right now that I need to fix before a final patch. And to get this result you need more than just the exe, you need to follow all the steps I posted so that the textures are upresed by my script.

The data changes should work with other versions of Out Run 2, but people will need to patch the other executables replicating the PC patches when I am done.

Modifié par ducon2016

Il y a 15 heures, ducon2016 a dit :

Yes it should work. Not sure how to contact him, so feel free to share with him.

Actually you can find Howard there:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155979.0.html

where there is a post about Outrun2 FXT. I do not know if you are aware of this project but this is a wrapper to improve Outrun 2006 C2C. There is an option to improve the HUD (which does not work for me) which may be similar to your work. So I suggest to post there and see if there is an interest to merge your respective work.

12 hours ago, holmes said:

Actually you can find Howard there:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155979.0.html

where there is a post about Outrun2 FXT. I do not know if you are aware of this project but this is a wrapper to improve Outrun 2006 C2C. There is an option to improve the HUD (which does not work for me) which may be similar to your work. So I suggest to post there and see if there is an interest to merge your respective work.

Thanks but I think he is around here already ;) @HowardC

Modifié par ducon2016

• 3 mois après...

Thanks! I looked at the EXE I have from an ISO and didn't see any offsets that matched what you had, so I'm wondering if the region matters. In any case, I'm going to try and do some texture replacements using your scripts as reference. This is actually my first Outrun game, pretty fun.

Which sz file are the "Time", "Score", etc. sprites in? I didn't see those anywhere when I extracted all the files (re-enabled the commended out lines).

Modifié par tenome

• 1 an après...
Il 19/8/2020 at 19:18, ducon2016 ha scritto:

This is still in progress work, there are few issues right now that I need to fix before a final patch. And to get this result you need more than just the exe, you need to follow all the steps I posted so that the textures are upresed by my script.

The data changes should work with other versions of Out Run 2, but people will need to patch the other executables replicating the PC patches when I am done.

is this mod no longer completed?

• 5 mois après...

after a few years, I dusted off this post making some changes to the Howard Casto (OR2FXT) version trying to give an even more arcadey touch to the 2006 version

FXTConfig.exe to config (Language, Resolution, Controls) (set with admin's rights)

OR2FXT.exe to start the game (press X button / return to insert coin)

during the game with the ESC key you can enter the menu and I recommend setting the sound of the music to 70% max.

F2 to select bonus song tracks 

ALT-F4 quick exit

OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (Bootleg)

spacer.png

Link :

aHR0cHM6Ly9waXhlbGRyYWluLmNvbS91LzFGNlpUZjdW

OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (Original)

spacer.png

Original OST + 1986 bonus tracks (hint : before selecting a song move left and right first)

Fullscreen mode defaults to 60 Hz

NOTE : at first run press left CTRL-SHIFT-BACKSPACE to enter SpecialK menu and disable "ON SCREEN DISPLAY (OSD)" = 0 secs

Link :

aHR0cHM6Ly9waXhlbGRyYWluLmNvbS91L29uOGlMS1dU

Modifié par hippopippo

• 3 mois après...