Jump to content

SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bowling


Cartoonish Weeb
 Share

Recommended Posts

I purchased this from Chicago Gaming over the phone. Here is the DVD restore software for SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bowling published in 2007 by Chicago Gaming and developed by Play Mechanix

image.png.de82987892c9edd03734053dbf5c14c7.png

New Link : https://uptobox.com/9qfp67a4nu64

Edit (11/28/22) - Link to Restore Software : https://archive.org/details/sb-bbb-restore

Edited by Cartoonish Weeb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 

I found some interesting stuff inside the game's files.

 

I was able to install the game through a virtual machine.  It boots to the loading screen, and then blacks in and out and back to the loading screen.  It probably needs a dongle or I/O board to load the game correctly, so until there is a dongle, the game is uncracked.  It runs on SLAX Linux OS, so it will be hard to crack this one.

 

Using another OS to boot the VM from I can get into the game's files.  A lot of sounds were borrowed from Big Buck Hunter such as shotgun and bell sounds.  Music is nothing special; only 2 music tracks to listen to.  A lot of character speech, SpongeBob, Patrick, etc. is taken from old episodes of Spongebob (most of it is from Season 1).  There's also some new recordings with only Spongebob used in Attract Mode and throughout the game.

 

That's all.  Spongebob Bowling and Nicktoons Nitro are the only 2 games that Chicago Gaming has worked on with Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 6/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, RandomAccessGamer said:

I found some interesting stuff inside the game's files.

 

I was able to install the game through a virtual machine.  It boots to the loading screen, and then blacks in and out and back to the loading screen.  It probably needs a dongle or I/O board to load the game correctly, so until there is a dongle, the game is uncracked.  It runs on SLAX Linux OS, so it will be hard to crack this one.

 

Using another OS to boot the VM from I can get into the game's files.  A lot of sounds were borrowed from Big Buck Hunter such as shotgun and bell sounds.  Music is nothing special; only 2 music tracks to listen to.  A lot of character speech, SpongeBob, Patrick, etc. is taken from old episodes of Spongebob (most of it is from Season 1).  There's also some new recordings with only Spongebob used in Attract Mode and throughout the game.

 

That's all.  Spongebob Bowling and Nicktoons Nitro are the only 2 games that Chicago Gaming has worked on with Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills.

Another thing that I found particularly interesting is that in the music files, there is a folder called "jfishin" and it has music for another SpongeBob arcade game called "SpongeBob SquarePants: Jellyfishing"

image.png.895a13dca2ad4526b1798bdfc2d7fa26.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 3 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, RandomAccessGamer said:

I was able to install the game through a virtual machine.  It boots to the loading screen, and then blacks in and out and back to the loading screen.  It probably needs a dongle or I/O board to load the game correctly, so until there is a dongle, the game is uncracked.  It runs on SLAX Linux OS, so it will be hard to crack this one.

I was able to get my hands on the cabinet itself here recently! It did not come with the original computer unfortunately. It did however come with a Raw Thrills I/O board. I contacted Chicago Gaming through their help desk to see how much a security dongle was for the game and it was a SHOCKINGLY low price from all the other dongle prices I've seen. Bikini Bottom Bowling's dongle is a whopping $125 and I'm considering about getting it to possibly help make the game bootable.  

Edited by Cartoonish Weeb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
54 minutes ago, Cartoonish Weeb said:

I was able to get my hands on the cabinet itself here recently! It did not come with the original computer unfortunately. It did however come with a Raw Thrills I/O board. I contacted Chicago Gaming through their help desk to see how much a security dongle was for the game and it was a SHOCKINGLY low price from all the other dongle prices I've seen. Bikini Bottom Bowling's dongle is a whopping $125 and I'm considering about getting it to possibly help make the game bootable.  

That's good!  Hope it goes well for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 3 weeks later...
 
  • 5 months later...

Not to long ago, I had gotten the dongle & the PC for the game from Chicago Gaming. I'm not too experienced on dumping dongles so how exactly should I go about this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, Cartoonish Weeb said:

Not to long ago, I had gotten the dongle & the PC for the game from Chicago Gaming. I'm not too experienced on dumping dongles so how exactly should I go about this? 

You do not dump the dongle, with the dongle you can dump unencrypted hdd data

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
22 hours ago, petje said:

You do not dump the dongle, with the dongle you can dump unencrypted hdd data

oh  I see. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 1 month later...
 
  • 11 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to download the ISO for this, and the Google Drive link is dead. Does anyone have the ability to reupload the ISO image?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, Cartoonish Weeb said:

I purchased this from Chicago Gaming over the phone. Here is the DVD restore software for SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bowling published in 2007 by Chicago Gaming and developed by Play Mechanix

image.png.de82987892c9edd03734053dbf5c14c7.png

GDRIVE LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zbp19awsqaTv93wkY8D_v1sSrCH0cWlz/view?usp=sharing

i hate spongebob cos its anti gen x animation, but i love these type of things cos its hilariously  'try hard' using it for a arcade machine i find that too funny , how the game actually plays i would guess at moderate at best, but still be funny IF it actually was any good, god on them for trying tho  🤣

Edited by Cool Coyote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 6 months later...

First thanks booms for adding 

rawinput for the trackball but still probably something is missing 

tried with tp inputs setting and when moving the ball up/down to set trackball y it’s not recognized and same with left/right on trackball x line

should be written:mouse x/mouse y if recognized same as in mame for golf games etc

Edited by A FRIEND
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • Modo
il y a 15 minutes, A FRIEND a dit :

First thanks booms for adding 

rawinput for the trackball but still probably something is missing 

tried on tp inputs setting and when moving the ball up/down to set trackball y it’s not recognized and same with left/right on trackball x line

should be written:mouse x/mouse y if recognized same as in mame for golf games etc

Next time go directly to TP discord in order to talk with a Dev dude. You will have a faster answer than emuline forum Thanks.

Boomslangz has an account here but it's very rare to see him answer on the forum.
Edited by WildWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
14 hours ago, A FRIEND said:

First thanks booms for adding 

rawinput for the trackball but still probably something is missing 

tried with tp inputs setting and when moving the ball up/down to set trackball y it’s not recognized and same with left/right on trackball x line

should be written:mouse x/mouse y if recognized same as in mame for golf games etc

I think Boom fixed that issue.

 

What happened to the link that was posted here the other day?

Edited by Krakatoa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
9 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I think Boom fixed that issue.

What happened to the link that was posted here the other day?

I saw thanks 

the link was deleted and I didn’t dl it

hopefully someone will reup the disc files that were posted on 2020(first post)so people can make 

from it a tp ready and post it for all

Edited by A FRIEND
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
9 hours ago, A FRIEND said:

I saw thanks 

the link was deleted and I didn’t dl it

hopefully someone will reup the disc files that were posted on 2020(first post)so people can make 

from it a tp ready and post it for all

lol sponge bob square pants bowling. ive played other titles i wasnt aware of this one. how many characters does it have? is this a ticket game?

Edited by RetrnArcGamer35
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
3 minutes ago, RetrnArcGamer35 said:

lol sponge bob square pants bowling. ive played other titles i wasnt aware of this one. how many characters does it have? is this a ticket game?

It’s a ticket game with 5 characters and played with a trackball originally 

hopefully we’ll get to try with tp as well soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
2 minutes ago, A FRIEND said:

It’s a ticket game with 5 characters and played with a trackball originally 

hopefully we’ll get to try with tp as well soon

nice 5 characters and different venues, this should be good. bowling was always a fun sport. im surprised they didnt create a 2 player version

Edited by RetrnArcGamer35
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
3 minutes ago, RetrnArcGamer35 said:

nice 5 characters and different venues, this should be good. bowling was always a fun sport. im surprised they didnt create a 2 player version

Yup 

waiting to hit 3 strikes in a row 

to receive a lot of virtual tickets 

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
Just now, RetrnArcGamer35 said:

lol gotta get that turkey man. im curious how the music and gameplay is will be like simpsons bowling ? or more spongebob like lol

Kinda similar 

u can move the trackball left/right to position the characters+1 button to switch between characters 

it has better graphics imo 

but it’s a matter of taste

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • WildWolf changed the title to SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bowling
 

How did you get this working with TeknoParrot? I get as far as launching ElfLdr2 from TeknoParrot, but it sits on this screen, and then just crashes.image.png.85ac9cb69497929066dfcc69ed770f6f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Le 12/04/2021 à 12:20, petje a dit :

You do not dump the dongle, with the dongle you can dump unencrypted hdd data

lol u do not dump the dongle careful now now  😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
4 hours ago, A FRIEND said:

Works great with a trackball 

any way to upscale the res to 1080p/4k?

thanks

borderless gaming actually upscales it very nicely - but unfortunately makes the trackball out of control. i'm guessing it has to do with the way they've implemented rawinput/trackball support. it doesn't seem to work quite like it should with a trackball. you slide your character over and they keep sliding until you 'center' it, which shouldn't be necessary, as the character should stop moving when you stop moving the trackball. same with the test menu.

 

 

Not perfect, but tried to pull a clear logo from the arcade flyer if anyone is needing one

spongebob_clearlogo.png

Also threw together a bezel (7z file for original size). used borderless gaming to upscale to full resolution, then used reshade to make game 4:3 and add border. Looks good, but as I mentioned above, borderlessgaming makes the trackball go nuts.

spongebob.png

spongebob.7z

Edited by cor094
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
11 minutes ago, cor094 said:

borderless gaming actually upscales it very nicely - but unfortunately makes the trackball out of control. i'm guessing it has to do with the way they've implemented rawinput/trackball support. it doesn't seem to work quite like it should with a trackball. you slide your character over and they keep sliding until you 'center' it, which shouldn't be necessary, as the character should stop moving when you stop moving the trackball. same with the test menu.

For me using native res and selecting windows mouse cursor solved that issue 

now the trackball centered correctly after each throw I also use 34 sensitivity 

on tp setting 

Edited by A FRIEND
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Centering between each frame definitely helps, but for me it still behaves a little weird where you need to re-center the ball to get the player left/right position or test menu to stop moving. It's like it uses absolute mouse positioning instead is relative motion. To fix, I found a program (the program requires vjoy drivers to be installed) that maps mouse to virtual joystick and re-centers the joystick as you begin to slow or stop moving the trackball. I then set TP to dinput mode and binded this virtual joystick https://github.com/raptorswing/MouseToJoystick/releases/tag/v1.0 (I did the beta 2 version first, but it doesn't return perfectly to center, causing some drift, the stable version from 2014 worked great though. It is somewhat difficult to bind in TP controller settings with the 2014 version, so I ran the beta version, did the bindings, then went back to the 2014 version. You can adjust sensitivity by adjusting windows mouse speed - I also needed to check the invert y axis box). I currently have windows mouse speed set to 3 and tp trackball sensitivity in game settings at 48. As an added bonus, this method works still when using borderlessgaming to upscale to full screen. Now that I have it set up, I have it automated via ahk. The following ahk in the same directory of the MouseToJoystick stable 2014 exe should work. I also added "Mouse Settings Changer" https://www.sordum.org/files/downloads.php?mouse-settings-changer  exe and files to the same directory, which allows you to adjust windows mouse settings via command line / ahk. So, now, the following ahk script (that I launch alongside the game using my frontend) sleeps for 13 seconds to allow TP to launch and start decrypting game. Then it sets my windows mouse speed to 3, launches mouse to joystick, sends tab and space to enable invert y axis, then minimizes Mouse To Joystick. It then waits for spongebob bowling to launch and then sends double rightclick, which activates mouse to joystick and gives focus to spongebob bowling. Pressing escape closes Mouse to Joystick and sets windows mouse speed back to 10 (default). If the exe files are not in the same directory as the ahk, you'll need full filepaths for each exe in the script.  I run the game windowed and have borderlessgaming make it fullscreen and upscaled. I use the attached reshade files to apply border and make the game 4:3. They go in elfldr2 folder, I would make a separate tp install for this game so the border isn't applied to all elfldr2 games.

 

sleep 13000
run, MouseSC_x64.exe /Speed:3
run, MouseToJoystick.exe
sleep 2000
send, {tab}
sleep 300
send, {space}
sleep 300
WinMinimize, Mouse-to-Joystick
winwait, TeknoBudgie - SpongeBob Bikini Bottom Bowling
sleep, 3000
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
Mouseclick, right, 1, 1
Sleep 10
Mouseclick, right, 1, 1
~Esc::
run, MouseSC_x64.exe /Speed:10
process, close, MouseToJoystick.exe
exitapp

ReshadeSpongebob_Place_in_elfldr2.7z

Edited by cor094
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
  • Modo
il y a 22 minutes, THE RETURN OF HBP a dit :

Does any one have a MEGA link or media fire link or pixel drain link for this game please? I can't use uptobox since I'm in the US.

Pixel Drain links are very quickly deleted that's why I uploaded this on Uptobox, you can use a VPN dude.
Edited by WildWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Hi everyone,

 

I have re-uploaded the Bikini Bottom Bowling restore disc onto Archive in case if people are still in need of it :)

 

https://archive.org/details/sb-bbb-restore

 

enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

@Cartoonish Weeb Hi, I’ve downloaded the restore iso file from archive.org can you advise what file/executable would be used in teknoparrot game settings to make this playable? I’m hoping I just overlooked something, I apologize if I did in the files. Not trying to waste anyones time just hoping to get this playing in TP. Thanks!

Edited by adman2008
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
  • Create New...