cyrille2hk

[Arcade PC] Daytona 3 (Sega Amusements like Europa-R System)

@Sunken

Once again.

It could be you need to edit some .ini files in the game folder.

As far as I remember, the one that determines the settings is in the gamefolder\shell\deploy\gamedata\ folder (config.ini), also check for other .ini files.

There are many more settings in the .ini files, resolution to use, hdr, and many more, try. 

Bit by bit, save / backup a original .ini file before you try.

[FullHD]
ENABLE_FULLHD = 1
ENABLE_FULL_SCREEN = 1
# 0: disalbe
# 1: enable

Enjoy !!! :very-good:

Edited by linglang

Il y a 2 heures, linglang a dit :

@Sunken

Once again.

It could be you need to edit some .ini files in the game folder.

As far as I remember, the one that determines the settings is in the gamefolder\shell\deploy\gamedata\ folder (config.ini), also check for other .ini files.

There are many more settings in the .ini files, resolution to use, hdr, and many more, try. 

Bit by bit, save / backup a original .ini file before you try.

[FullHD]
ENABLE_FULLHD = 1
ENABLE_FULL_SCREEN = 1
# 0: disalbe
# 1: enable

Enjoy !!! :very-good:

All the ini files are set for fullscreen. The game boot up in fullscreen mode but going back to windowed a few moments later. I need to ALT+RETURN like every minutes.

@Sunken

Did you check the resolution settings in each .ini file ?

You could check .xml files also, not sure about if needed.

Set it according to the resolution used for your monitor ?

Otherwise I have no clue, why the game should switch between full screen and windowed mode.

[Render]
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION = 1
DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION_MAX = 1360
DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION_MIN =  960
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_MSAA = 0
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_BAKE_FREQUENCY = 1

What GPU do you use NVIDIA, AMD, Intel ?

Edited by linglang

il y a 11 minutes, linglang a dit :

@Sunken

Did you check the resolution settings in each .ini file ?

You could check .xml files also, not sure about if needed.

Set it according to the resolution used for your monitor ?

Otherwise I have no clue, why the game should switch between full screen and windowed mode.

[Render]
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION = 1
DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION_MAX = 1360
DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION_MIN =  960
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_MSAA = 0
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_BAKE_FREQUENCY = 1

What GPU do you use NVIDIA, AMD, Intel ?

I checked every single ini file (and xml but they don't have any effect in game). The only config.ini that is used by the game is the one in the GameData dir.

I'm playing in 1920x1080 but even changing the resolution doesn't change the problem. I'm using an NVIDIA GPU.

Thanks for your help bro! ;)

@Sunken

As a last resort.

Update the GPU drivers ?

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

il y a 18 minutes, linglang a dit :

@Sunken

As a last resort.

Update the GPU drivers ?

Hidden Content

As you can guess, drivers are up-to-date... :D

EDIT: I just found the culprit in the task manager! I was uTorrent running in background (as the app often refreshes, it forces the game to go out of sync).

I have downloaded the DESKey DK2 drivers as they seems to be used by the game to access the Test Mode but the shell.exe don't load. Do I need to launch it before the game? The "T" key don't let me access to the Test Menu? Was there any changes to access it with the version you sent me?

Edited by Sunken

Just go before starting the game manual in the shell folder. Than make your changes and exit test menue. Run the game and you will see the changed settings. Or for an alternative option you can also make your changes in the ini, s. 

Edit

The only thing which do not work is to set the game from mp/h to kp/h. I tried everything for days.. 

Edited by Fulgore18

Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to enter the test/service menu(s)?

EDIT: I found the instructions on emuline youtube...

1.go to c:\Sega\shell\Shell.exe

2.When you see the Game Shell error screen, juste use T key

3.Now you are in the Game Bios, T=valid a choice and Y=Choose a menu

4.To quit BIOS, juste use ALT+F4

...and the DK2 thing in my old files. 

EDIT 2: I solved it, it's HDMI audio, once I switched to analog output Shell.exe works as it should.  That's what changed, last time I played with this PC I was not using HDMI audio.

But Shell.exe just flashes a black screen briefly then exits.  I have the following error in a log file, a search revealed a couple other people that had it but no solution:

"unable to get audio mixer line information"

Still not sure how to enable panoramic attract mode.  I know it's possible I've seen a video of someone's 4 player setup running it.

Edited by jacko1

@jacko1 Thanks for your help! I was able to access the Test Menu. However even after turning CAMERA ENABLED to NO I always have Live Feed Cameras and the Markers :gene:

Does anyone know how to remove Live Feed Cameras and Markers? :(:

2rTQHQU.jpg

Btw, for those who want to access the Test Menu, you need to install DK2 (7.47.0.73 - Network and Local worked for me)

Hidden Content

and as @jacko1 said, the Test Menu don't like HDMI audio, use another audio output

Anyone know why Daytona exits after a bit on the attract screen and/or how to prevent it?  Runs the attract stuff for maybe 10 minutes then exits, seems to be a clean exit because there are no errors.

I asked in another thread but it was quickly buried so I thought might as well try here.

Bonjour,

déjà un grand merci à toutes les personnes impliquées dans cette version de Daytona.

Tout fonctionne pour moi y compris la prise en charge du FFB (G29).

J'ai juste un petit soucis dans les menus pour la navigation. J'ai lu que d'autres avaient ce problème au moment de choisir le circuit et le mode manuel uniquement accessibles chez moi avec le clavier du PC.

Quand j'active le "Enable Menu Movment" dans le FFBplugin.exe le jeu crash directement arrivé dans les fameux menus. Les autres options (esc, levier de vitesse sont ok).

Ai je loupé un petit détail?

Edited by Corwin

Bonjour, 

J'arrive à faire à peu près tout marcher avec un G27, mais je me pose une question : 

J'ai configuré x360ce et FFBInput, 

J'arrive à avoir des effets sur le volant : herbe, colision avec d'autres voitures.

Mais je n'ai pas d'effet "powerslide" de contre-braquage lorsque je dérape ... 

Je me demandais si c'était normal ? Ou si je manque quelque-chose ? 

C’est un peu la force des jeux Sega cet effet, si il n'est pas là c'est quand même dommage.

Merci

Hello à tous, tout marche nickel chez moi. Retour de force ok, jeu en hd/60fps constant, vitesses manuel/séquentiel ok également. Je m’eclate comme un fou.

Seul mes records ne se sauvegardent pas. Dès que je quitte le jeu mes temps ne sont pas gardés en mémoire. Y’a t il une manip ou une option à activer?

merci :)

PS: j’utilise teknoparrot pour lancer le jeu

On 8/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, gulien said:

Bonjour, 

J'arrive à faire à peu près tout marcher avec un G27, mais je me pose une question : 

J'ai configuré x360ce et FFBInput, 

J'arrive à avoir des effets sur le volant : herbe, colision avec d'autres voitures.

Mais je n'ai pas d'effet "powerslide" de contre-braquage lorsque je dérape ... 

Je me demandais si c'était normal ? Ou si je manque quelque-chose ? 

C’est un peu la force des jeux Sega cet effet, si il n'est pas là c'est quand même dommage.

Merci

As tu une video d'un autre jeu Sega qui montre cet effet?

@Friko je pense que notre vdd @gulienparle d’un effet de retour de force ressenti sur le volant et non d’un effet visuel perceptible à l’oeil.

j’ai moi aussi ressenti ce manque d’effet lors d’un braquage/contre-braquage.

De mémoire sur model 2 émulateur (daytona 1) et super model 3 (daytona 2) il y’a bien cette effet présent.

Apres peut etre  que l’effet n’est juste pas présent sur la borne daytona 3 d’origine...

Ça serait intéressant d’avoir d’autres témoignages en tout cas.

Edited by Bichi

bonjour je viens de decouvrir que daytonna 3  était jouabe sur pc :bravo:

sa doit faire 2 jours que j'éssaye differente méthode pour lancer ce jeu  qui s'annonce merveilleux :rolleyes:

malheureusemnt l'ecran se bloque sur le symbole sega:gene:  , il n'y a qu'une fois ou j'ai entendu la musqiue puis bloquage a nouveau :gene:

j'ai vu qu'il fallait lancer shell avant qui bloquai avec dk2  j'ai installer dk2 mais pas impossible d'acceder au bios

par contre j'ai bien les config lisible dans shell data

enfin si une bonne ame voulait bien m'aider et m'expliquer pkoi cela coince  ou  faire un tuto définitif  sur daytonna usa 3

je reve en effet de le faire tourner sur mon volant t150 

svp j'ai éssayé des exe modifié etc.... mais le jeu ne se lance pas

merci d'avance a celui qui pourra m'aider

@fayamisson 

Did you try to run the unmodified Daytona.exe with TeknoParrot 1.0.0.202 ?

Did you check the .ini files in the folders, to set it to a configuration you need ?

What kind of GPU ?

Did you try the pre-configured version ? 

Hidden Content

Edited by linglang

Salut à tous, 

Je viens de télécharger le dump sur la page principale et j'ai également remplacer daytona.exe par le patch.

Quand je lance le jeux, j'ai un problème de graphisme. C'est comme si il manquait les paysages...

De plus, je n'arrive pas à utiliser les commandes. (J'ai une manette Logitech et un volant logitech).

Est-ce quelqu'un aurait une idée ? 

Merci d'avance.

On 13/02/2019 at 2:09 AM, NoKey said:

@smackamusements

Pre-configured Daytona 3

Hidden Content

Anyone else having trouble downloading this? Network error half way through. Odd for Google drive.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Rugal:

Anyone else having trouble downloading this? Network error half way through. Odd for Google drive.

Crazy but true, sometimes Chrome has troubles downloading from Google Drive!

Try MS Edge or IE!

Hi all hoping some one can help my daytona USA has all the sudden locked to 24fps and its ultra slow playing via tekno parrot any advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks 

9 hours ago, submentalbass said:

all the sudden

Have the GPU drivers been updated by window$ after a restart, rollback the drivers ?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Also a Intel CPU with a IGPU, which GPU does the game use ?

Hi,

I have a few issus with Daytona Championship USA and TP 1.0.0.225:

I use a Driving Force GT Wheel with FFB plugin. Control is fine during the race. However, when I have to enter my name among the records, it is impossible to choose a letter. Indeed there is a huge dead zone and I have to turn my Wheel up to the point where the letters moves at high speed so that I cannot get the ones I want. Any suggestions?

As a side note, FYI I started to use a joystick as a H shifter using xpadder. This is very promising. Maybe I should add a wooden grid to guide the lever.

Thanks,

Il 29/7/2019 Alle 23:00, SuperMagoAlex ha scritto:

Hi, is it possible to play this game on a crt monitor 640x480 ?

Sono riuscito a far partire daytona3 a 640x480 con game loader allRH ma non è compatibile con il teknoparrot come Mario kart DX e quindi non so come configurare i comandi 

Hey guys, I have four PC's and all are running daytona perfectly with latest TP on win 10 64bit when I tun the game on each machine separately. . After reading this thread many times and spending days on this I just cannot link these machines and stuck in the network discovery screen and then it times out.

This is what I have and have tried

1. Bought a 5 port switch and 4 ethernet leads. Also bought and installed four Logitech C270 webcams. When I play in single mode, the web cams work fine in the game.
2. Have set the switch to static 192.168.1.1
3. Set the four PC's static, first one is 192.168.1.2, second one 192.168.1.3, third 192.168.1.4 and fourth 192.168.1.5
3a  I also installed on every PC the DK2 Deskey drivers
4.  In Shelldata folder and in the Shelldata.ini I changed under network enabled=1, Cabinet ID=1 for first pc, then inside the second PC's shelldata.ini I set Cabinet ID2 for the second PC, cabinet ID=3 inside the third PC, Cabinet is=4 inside the fourth PC
5.  For all four PC's I set in the Shelldata ini  numcabinets=4
6. Launch Daytona and it gets stuck on "network discovery, please wait..." then times out

I did try and read up that someone under gamedata folder config.ini changed the network type from 0 (slave) to 1 just for the first PC, so I tried that and left the other three PCs on slave but same

Another person talked about hex editing the Daytona USA.exe but not sure if that's needed and if so I have no idea how to do this

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I must be almost there.

Thanks

Steve

1 hour ago, Safire25 said:

3. Set the four PC's static, first one is 192.168.1.2, second one 192.168.1.3, third 192.168.1.4 and fourth 192.168.1.5

In the shell folder, game.ini ?

[Network]
Active = 1
Domain = 127.0.0      < that means local host,  place 192.168.1 here ?    
BaseAddr = 1           < because 192.168.1.1 is your switch
Port = 23232
CabinetDomain = 192.168.1
CabinetBaseAddr = 2     < 3, 4, etc for the other cabinets ?
CabinetPort = 27000
CabinetActive = 1
MasterTimeout = 15000
ClientTimeout = 15000

[ShellNetwork]
MasterTimeout = 70000
ClientTimeout = 70000

Hidden Content

Check also for other .ini and .xml files for settings, edit with wordpad.

You could ask on the emuline discord ?

Hidden Content

Or the Teknoarrot discord ?

Hidden Content

Type ASSNAATPD in the welcome channel.

Don't ping people on discord (@), or you will get banned.

I hope this helps.

Edited by linglang

Il y a 2 heures, Safire25 a dit :

Salut les gars, j'ai quatre ordinateurs et tous fonctionnent parfaitement avec Daytona avec le dernier TP sur Win 10 64 bits lorsque je règle le jeu séparément sur chaque machine. . Après avoir lu ce fil de nombreuses fois et passé des jours sur ce sujet, je ne peux tout simplement pas relier ces machines et rester bloqué dans l'écran de découverte du réseau, puis le délai expire.

C'est ce que j'ai et j'ai essayé

1. Acheté un commutateur à 5 ports et 4 câbles Ethernet. Également acheté et installé quatre webcams Logitech C270. Lorsque je joue en mode simple, les caméras Web fonctionnent bien dans le jeu.
Réglez le commutateur sur 192.168.1.1 statique. 3. Configurez les quatre ordinateurs statiques. Le premier est 192.168.1.2, le second 192.168.1.3, le troisième 192.168.1.4 et le quatrième 192.168.1.5
3a. J'ai également installé sur chaque PC le DK2. Deskey drivers
4. Dans le dossier Shelldata et dans le fichier Shelldata.ini, j'ai changé sous réseau activé = 1, ID du boîtier = 1 pour le premier ordinateur, puis à l'intérieur du shelldata.ini du deuxième PC, j'ai défini ID du boîtier ID2 pour le deuxième PC, ID du boîtier = 3. à l'intérieur du troisième ordinateur, Cabinet = 4 à l'intérieur du quatrième ordinateur
5. Pour les quatre ordinateurs installés dans le Shelldata ini numcabinets = 4
6. Lancez Daytona et cela se bloque sur "découverte du réseau, veuillez patienter ...", puis le

délai expiré, j’ai essayé de lire que le dossier gamedata config.ini a changé le type de réseau de 0 (esclave) à 1 uniquement pour le premier ordinateur, j’ai donc essayé et laissé les trois autres ordinateurs sur esclave mais pareil

Une autre personne a parlé de l’édition hexadécimale de Daytona USA.exe mais je ne suis pas sûr que cela soit nécessaire et si je n’ai aucune idée de la façon de le faire

Toute aide ici serait très appréciée. Je dois être presque là.

Merci

Steve

Look and test this

Hidden Content

@linglang ill try this now

@soso92 in your settings, just so I'm clear what IP is your switch/router so I can duplicate this properly

I see your IP for master and slave as you have kindly labelled the files,

Thanks guys!

Edited by Safire25

12 minutes ago, Safire25 said:

ok worked it out, just had to disable my firewall grrrr thanks guys!!

ENJOY !!! :very-good:

do you guys find the web cam image is quite blurry? I guess when its small in the left side its not as noticeable but its very blurry. Im using the logitech C270 and in its own app its a lot clearer even if i zoom in like the game does. I tried a much better quality life cam studio 1080p auto focus and again very clear but in game was just as blurry as the cheaper logitech? I know you can open up the C270 and adjust the focus but seeing its clear when you are not in the game, I'm not sure if this will make any difference or make it even worse?

If I where you, I would not open / modify the camera's !

I looked in some .ini files, there is only mention of camera, in 2 of the 3 config.ini files

[Camera]
FOVY_RATE = 0.5
CAMERA_ENABLED = ON

No idea what editing the parameter will do.

Strange "bug", sorry I can not help you out with this one.

Other people got this vague picture.

20180211_204029.jpg

Edited by linglang