Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Aliens: Extermination (Global VR)

sonic323

Messages recommandés

aliensextermination.png

http://8ch.net/1cc/index.html

requires a spare PC with an old nvidia card to run it (in theory any card should work as long as it has drivers available for it that support Windows XP SP2 although i haven't tested other cards)

Here is aliens extermination dumped by someone in the chat.

The download contains a disk image for vmware which can be written to a physcial HDD if you know how to do so.

On vmware it boots and starts the game however there isn't any sound and the game runs way too fast, It also crashes after the menu because of no sound

On an actual PC it seems to run ok once graphics and sound drivers were installed on the XP embedded install and it accepts input from a joystick (a mouse to joystick program is highly recommended if you wan't to hit any aliens)

This is also useful if you own a cab that has a dead drive and need to install the game to a new drive

Dump cracké: https://mega.nz/#!ZugyRbQb!QEnakU7EiHK5o7R8wVrJeGa1RzoC3r1x34mTIqjGVyk

post-8026-0-67162300-1482217983_thumb.jpg

AlienEX_patch.7z

repack jeu +outil + tuto par Wildwolf : mega://enc2?1KeAq3Dh_H5zd6fHUdvJN2q940RMZlyxUlWzSCXcY6l1EIwa1SsQqPQoMdgxP3KNdq0XXU_pjFDEgAoijrUVLw

Aliens_MouseEnabler_V4+Keyboard.rar

tuto sur la chaine Youtube EMULINE :

Autres infos et différences entre dumps: ici

Modifié par 7zxkv
ajout liens

i have tried to get it to run in virtualbox but i've only gotten as far as getting video drivers installed. the XP embedded OS it runs on lacks support for any of virtualbox audio drivers and the game crashes if there's no sound drivers. i've also tried a virtual sound card on virtualbox and it refuses to work.

If i clone the image to a HDD and boot it in my spare computer i'm able to install graphics/sound drivers fine and the game will run fine

post-4493-0-40818500-1482333697_thumb.jpg

Hello, the game works perfectly.

One need to sacrifice 80GB HDD.
I copy everything directly on the HDD, the game already contains Windows XP SP2
Connect the HDD as the main HDD(Master) and run the PC.
The game run started.
The game supports all new graphics card. (GeForce 750gt,ATI,Radeon  etc ..) and Newer graphics cards:

But you need to install the following: from USB key

2 - Framework 4
3 - Windows sp3 EN
1 - wic_x86_enu.exe

5 - ppjoy - Mouse-wiimote

4 - and then install your graphics card - Driver XP.

The game is very fun ...

VMWARE It does not work ...
Modifié par sonic323

One need to sacrifice 80GB HDD.did you run this on Windows 7?

I got it running by imaging to a hard drive and running after installing my sound and graphics card drivers

The game run started.

The game supports all new graphics card. (GeForce 750gt,ATI,Radeon  etc ..) and Newer graphics cards:

2 - Framework 4

3 - Windows sp3 EN

1 - wic_x86_enu.exe

The game is very fun ...

• 3 semaines après...
Hi,

Downloads - Aliens Extermination, there is  file - "Aliens_Extermination.img"

He open in the programs - Power ISO and extract data on the HDD,

only those files - Copy all to another HDD and  then attached as Masters.

It is simple..

The game starts

Modifié par sonic323

• 2 semaines après...

Hi,

Downloads - Aliens Extermination, there is  file - "Aliens_Extermination.img"

only those files - Copy all to another HDD and  then attached as Masters.

It is simple..

The game starts

Hey, I have opened the image with PowerIso, extracted every thing out of the img and copied all into the root of a spare SATA drive I had.

I have it attached as masters but after the Bios I get a black screen with blinking white cursor in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Usually that indicates a problem with the mbr or the boot.ini. Am I doing everything right?

Invité Rorysean

Hi think i am about to give up on this one?. I can get  windows to load but i get ( NO ctimes key )USB KEY come up. Anyone got any ideas.

sonic323 Can you pleases tall me your pc setup eg is it amd/intel , ram and graphics card. any help is appreciated. thanks 

It must be copied Everything will be key in any constituent that is missing,

Assayed with Intel, AMD, ATI, Geforce, and the game works,

PC must be more powerful, because the game  slowly.

Invité Rorysean

Think i have had enough! can not get this to work still get  NO ctimes key )USB KEY  :what: any chance you can send me you hdd image? i really want to get this working .

Hi think i am about to give up on this one?. I can get  windows to load but i get ( NO ctimes key )USB KEY come up. Anyone got any ideas.

sonic323 Can you pleases tall me your pc setup eg is it amd/intel , ram and graphics card. any help is appreciated. thanks 

What process did you do to copy the contents over? I found a program that that writes a vmdk image to a physical harddrive but even that fails. It almost seems like both images in the archive are damaged when verified with programs. The .img file fail's verification and so does the vmdk file. I'm going to try to redownload the archive from Mega again but if both archives still come up damaged....I give up. 

I think that the constituent ($ RECYCLE.BIN) contains about Key

Try to copy the individual components gradually, their (19) and attempts to replace those which are rewrite

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"" right button mouse to mark and insert the ( classic copy)""

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Iso data and then extract Inport somewhere on the disc and then Copy HDD to determine which is then connected as Masters.

Picture shows what should be on the HDD.

VMDK image does not work for me.

AliensExtermination.img - Used Power ISO

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------

ppjoysetup-0-8-4-6 works very well

After the game starts, press the key (6) and calibrate Mouse

1 button mouse - Guns

2 button mouse - bombs

3 wheel mouse - flame

post-8026-0-40278400-1486128520_thumb.png

Modifié par sonic323

Invité Rorysean

sill get NO ctimes key )USB KEY . .Recycle.bin just puts the file in recycler folder. is that a picture of your hard drive you use to boot the game? 

Dante82

To extract i had to use winiso to change file type to iso and then extract using power iso. poweriso would not extract without changing file type. 

Hi, can you send me tutorial for install alien extermination ? Thanks

Downloads - Aliens Extermination, there is file - "Aliens_Extermination.img"

only those files - Copy all to another HDD and then attached as Masters.

It is simple..

The game starts

Hey....does the drive you use to clone the image have to be an IDE drive? I wrote the vmdk file to my spare SATA drive and got it to boot, the "PLAY TO WIN" wallpaper shows up but then it bluescreens and I googled the error code that comes up....it has to do with the hard drive controller being wrong.

Upon further investigating I googled "Transferring Windows XPE from one HD to another PC Bluescreen" and found someone that was having the same issue with another program that uses XPE.

Apparently, if the drive cloned was an IDE drive and you try to use it on a SATA drive, it won't work and will blue screen with the error code I'm getting. This is because XPE is looking for PATA host controllers, not RAID or AHCI. I have IDE MB ports on the PC I'm trying this on. I will try to clone the HD to an IDE drive and report back.

I would bet money that the drive in the PC Global VR was using is def. IDE. The PC was a Pentium 4 dell from 2006....many PC's back then still utilized IDE as the preferred connector for HDD's.

you may have a point there. you will have to let us no.I have been tying with a sata drive.i can not try ide as dont have one.

Yes I was right. The XPE registry on the HDD image IS configured for IDE only. I restored the image on an IDE drive, booted no problem.

For people that have NO IDE ports on their MB, you can use a SATA drive, copy the image onto it then use your home Windows install to load regedit and open the registry hive for the Aliens Windows install.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-sata-hard-disk-mode-from-ide-to-ahci-raid-in-bios-after-installing-windows/

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-edit-the-registry-on-a-secondary-drive

That should get it to boot on a SATA drive. To get the game to stop bitching about the NO CTIMES USB Key, replace the abhrelease.exe in the PC/Aliens/DATA folder with the exe that is in the original rar archive. Now the game will start after you install the rest of the required files.

I honestly do not see why this would not run on anything but WinXPE. Essentially it's a PC game with a patched exe. I might try to get it going on 7, the HDD cloning process is a pain.

Modifié par Dante82

The game run started.

2 - Framework 4
3 - Windows sp3 EN
1 - wic_x86_enu.exe

The game is very fun ...

You forgot to mention you need to go into Documents & Settings, Cabinet and execute unlock.bat. The PC will restart, NOW you can install all the needed files.

Global VR made it so NOTHING will install correctly on the HDD. This is why Framework 4 fails to install, and SP3 when executing the update says "There is not enough room onthe Disk" even if you have a shit load of room. Also anything you DO manage to actually install gets written to RAM, so when you reboot, guess what? It's gone because of it not getting written to the HDD. 

Modifié par Dante82

I downloaded Aliens_Extermination.img and changed the extension to .iso, used rufus to install it to my 8gb pendrive. it booted up to the "PLAY TO WIN" splash screen then got the bluescreen of death.... is it possible to run the image directly from the pendrive? I don't have IDE HDD. If it can be done, please teach me how. Thanks.

Modifié par gabkrys

Yes I was right. The XPE registry on the HDD image IS configured for IDE only. I restored the image on an IDE drive, booted no problem.

For people that have NO IDE ports on their MB, you can use a SATA drive, copy the image onto it then use your home Windows install to load regedit and open the registry hive for the Aliens Windows install.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-sata-hard-disk-mode-from-ide-to-ahci-raid-in-bios-after-installing-windows/

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-edit-the-registry-on-a-secondary-drive

That should get it to boot on a SATA drive. To get the game to stop bitching about the NO CTIMES USB Key, replace the abhrelease.exe in the PC/Aliens/DATA folder with the exe that is in the original rar archive. Now the game will start after you install the rest of the required files.

I honestly do not see why this would not run on anything but WinXPE. Essentially it's a PC game with a patched exe. I might try to get it going on 7, the HDD cloning process is a pain.

I tried following Dante82 instruction on editing the registry... but I can't seem to find the "msahci" on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci" but found

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pciide" which value is already set to "0"...

need more detailed help...

actually I have the game already on a arcade cabinet bought in china... the problem is that the crosshair on one machine does not appear and I figured it has something to do with the calibration of the guns on xp since it seems ok on the software calibration. But I can't seem to go to xp gui to access control panel and game controllers....

I'm not sure if you can boot this off a USB pen drive.....I saw the AHCI in the registry file when I messed around with the registry on the aliens drive. Read those 2 links I posted carefully, I think you're simply overlooking it.

I pretty much have got it working with the steps provided, last thing I need to figure out is how to slow the damn game down. Fucking game runs at 200 fps. I don't know if this is a problem because I'm using an ATI card and the game used a GeForce card? I'm forcing 60 fps vsync in Catalyst control center but it's not working. I heard Nvidia cards force vsync better with their drivers. I even tried the Frame Limiter software from the Skyrim forums that was used to slow down some Taito Type X games that were plagued with a speed issue as well but it did not work.

I think I may need to slow my processor down. Game ran on a Pentium 4 3GHZ. I'm using an Intel C2D 2.66GHZ.... tried setting affinity on the program to only 1 core but it did not work. It slowed down a little but still too fast. I'll probably need a program like CPUKiller or something. I guess some old games have certain processor frequencies hard coded into them to run on, I don't know.

I'm not sure if you can boot this off a USB pen drive.....I saw the AHCI in the registry file when I messed around with the registry on the aliens drive. Read those 2 links I posted carefully, I think you're simply overlooking it.

I pretty much have got it working with the steps provided, last thing I need to figure out is how to slow the damn game down. Fucking game runs at 200 fps. I don't know if this is a problem because I'm using an ATI card and the game used a GeForce card? I'm forcing 60 fps vsync in Catalyst control center but it's not working. I heard Nvidia cards force vsync better with their drivers. I even tried the Frame Limiter software from the Skyrim forums that was used to slow down some Taito Type X games that were plagued with a speed issue as well but it did not work.

I think I may need to slow my processor down. Game ran on a Pentium 4 3GHZ. I'm using an Intel C2D 2.66GHZ.... tried setting affinity on the program to only 1 core but it did not work. It slowed down a little but still too fast. I'll probably need a program like CPUKiller or something. I guess some old games have certain processor frequencies hard coded into them to run on, I don't know.

Ok... I'll try to give this a go again... messed up my xp installation when I edited the registry. I loaded the hive on the pendrive (D:\Aliens\Windows\System32\Config\....) I seemed to have edited the registry on the HDD Xp instead... formatted/installed Xp on my sata HDD again, now installing necessary drivers for the mobo I will be using for the game...

It booted off the USB pendrive but I only got as far as the "PLAY TO WIN" splash screen and got the bluescreen error....

I will try replacing all the files inside System32 from my Xp installed HDD... don't know if this will work.

Modifié par gabkrys

It booted off the USB pendrive but I only got as far as the "PLAY TO WIN" splash screen and got the bluescreen error....

I will try replacing all the files inside System32 from my Xp installed HDD... don't know if this will work...

I renamed the extension from .img to .iso, used rufus to make a bootable pendrive using alien_extermination.iso, Rufus made my 8gb pendrive to 4gb fat32 bootable usb... tried to copy all files from my working Xp Hdd but it says usb disk full... almost giving up on this.

How did you do the HDD cloning process?

Hi, can you send me tutorial for install alien extermination ? Thanks

Downloads - Aliens Extermination, there is file - "Aliens_Extermination.img"

only those files - Copy all to another HDD and then attached as Masters.

It is simple..

The game starts

Don't I need to make the HDD bootable first?

The game run started.

2 - Framework 4
3 - Windows sp3 EN
1 - wic_x86_enu.exe

The game is very fun ...

How do you copy everything to HDD? just copy and paste? please be more specific... thank you.

How did you do the HDD cloning process?

I actually had to install windows xp sp2 on spare hdd to get it to write the boot sector, then I connected the drive and booted into my home Windows partition on the PC I'm using and deleted the entire file tree of the newly installed XP. Then I simply extracted all the folders (including the hidden ones which you can enable in folder options) in the .IMG and dragged them onto the drive. So now with the Win XP boot sector written, it will boot and read the contents of the extracted alien file tree. 

There are serious holes in the tutorials given so far, If I could just figure out how to remedy the game playing at 200fps, I would write a full tutorial on how to get it up and running because that's the only thing left for this to work right.

The game is an OpenGL game, so d3d frame limiters will not work. There are a few frame limiters that work on OpenGL games (like Dxtory) I will be trying before I go and try to slow down my processor speed. If that doesn't work I have an old Nvidia 7900GS card that is very identical to the card used in the original PC used in the arcade machine I will try. 

After that, Fuck this. This is the second week I've been spending trying to get this game to work because it's my favorite arcade light gun shooter. I can't spend anymore time.