Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Titan A.E. (Laserdisc) [Updated]

Karis

Messages recommandés

Hello,

Here is the release of Titan A.E. (Daphne Laserdisc Emulator release).

It is based on the movie Titan A.E. released in 2000 by the legendary Don Bluth.

Don Bluth is the infamous author of the Dragon's Lair saga and that is the reson why i choose Titan A.E.

I tried to find the best possible source but there is no Bluray existing.

The final project features 7 levels (the teaser being a bonus) with 482 moves and around 33 minutes of play. The game is filled with bold actions and beautiful pictures.  

The game is delivered in 3 different resolutions : 1280x720 (original), 1280x960 and 640x480 (4:3).

Unfortunately, the 4:3 versions are cropped, because the original format is cinemascope. I did this to avoid huge black bars, and it's still playable, but you will lose some parts of the image. So i recommend the 720p version.

Several new features in this release, including : Save slots (and autosave), Diagonal moves (mostly for flight sequences) and a map demo (check the menu). 

For those developping games using my tutorial, i created a changelog (see below) and will adapt the tutorial soon.

The game is ready to play, just unzip it and click on the bat file. Hit Left Control to see the controls (Pad and Keyboard). Hit F2 to access the save menu.

Note that there are several bat files in the 720p version. Choose the one corresponding to your screen resolution. I

General tip : if the image is really too big for your screen, you may have a windows PPP issue, read the posts below to solve it.

UPDATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The files are now updated. I recommend you to download them again. You will get those new features :

- Improved movie quality (all versions)

- 480p version (for Arcade)

- Save system : Hit F4 to access 3 save Slots and an autosave. Hit F1 F2 F3 to save directly ingame. Hit Start + F1, F2, F3 to load directly ingame.

- Death Rewind : in the menu, you can now choose where you come back after death : Scene (default), Level (DL2 style), Last Move, Next move (Space Ace style, not recommended for this game).

Fire & Ice will be updated will all those features soon.

Note for designers : the tutorial and the changelog have been updated too. 

Let me know if you have any trouble and Have fun !!!

poster-780.jpg

LINKS:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update. Singe 2.0 is now available. Please check this link :

Modifié par Karis
new version

Il y a 2 heures, maabus a dit :

Awww you stole my idea! :ennuyeux::very-good:

I always thought that Titan A.E. would make a great laserdisc game!

Thanks for making these i look forward to playing the full thing!

Sorry ;)

It's a great movie and also a great game i think. Hope you won't be disapointed.

hello Karis !

wonderful idea to release a fangame from Titan AE !!!

but if you want, i have the movie in a better quality

Titan.A.E. 1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264.mkv

are you interested to convert it for Daphne in order to replace the actual release ?

Here it is the informations :

19110201152316744216489374.png19110201152316744216489375.png

Le 02/11/2019 à 13:15, greatxerox a dit :

hello Karis !

wonderful idea to release a fangame from Titan AE !!!

but if you want, i have the movie in a better quality

Titan.A.E. 1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264.mkv

are you interested to convert it for Daphne in order to replace the actual release ?

Here it is the informations :

19110201152316744216489374.png19110201152316744216489375.png

I am indeed interested. I was unable to find a better source but making a conversion is quick easy. Please contact me !

Soon, thanks to karis, we'll play to a new Titan AE release with high video quality :) 

Karis took my video, but the problem i didn't noticed, there is a "logo" sometimes wich appears on the video from StarZ channel 

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starz was the source :/

The quality is wonderful anyway (you can see the logo StarZ)

https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2019/11/07//19110706434716744216498054.png

Modifié par greatxerox

Invité Hot buttered poodle

Does anyone know how to reduce the size of the screen? Its way too big and all I see is just a faction of the picture. How do you make it smaller? Thanks.

Il y a 19 heures, Hot buttered poodle a dit :

Does anyone know how to reduce the size of the screen? Its way too big and all I see is just a faction of the picture. How do you make it smaller? Thanks.

No. Actually, you've got a windows PPP problem :

On big resolution screens (e.g. : every screen nowadays) Windows does a zoom to help visibility (it can be 150 to 300%). Modern program can adapt to this but Daphne can't. So you've got to tell Windows to do nothing with Daphne.

To correct this you need to right click on Daphne.exe, then Properties, then Compatibility, then click on the "Modify high PPP" button and tick "Replace parameters for Application", then Apply. This should do the work.  

• 2 semaines après...

Thanks mate, much respect for this as it makes a change from another Space Ace/DL1/2 revamp!

I have an idea for a good Laserdisc game but who would want to play or buy it? :( Although i think Japenese people would love it. Most footage is black and white as it was fillmed this way but the main scenes that are cut into the narrative will be in color as they made a film verion of it too. Nowadays you could incorporate other stuff into it like multiple options for weapons and not just a sword! Nintendo could very well make a Link/Zelda Laserdisc/option type game but if they thought they could make money they would have done it already! Still there are many many 80's tv shows which could also be done like miami vice original series. (which GTA have copied in many games)

I think it would be cool to make a forum around a movie or tv series or Animation (More lupin/cliffhanger like games based on movies!) that is now defunkt or in public domain and create a new game with everyone contributing towards different scenes, once scene per user and they can make all outcomes of mortality the don bluth way. It may look different depending on the artist/users style but i've played Warrio Smooth Moves and the raving rabbids series so a mish mash of stuff would kind of work?

:very-good:

Modifié par melodical

• 7 mois après...
  • 2 mois après...