Aller au contenu

[Tuto] Shining force Cross Elysion (RingEdge): How to Install

Invité linglang

Messages recommandés

Shining force Cross Elysion. (RingEdge)

Works fine on Window$ 10 (1809) and TeknoParrot 1.90, with shader.farc applied.

Works fine out of the box, as long as you apply the shader.farc files, otherwise you get black graphics glitches.

- Works only on NVIDIA (due to shaders)

shining_elysion.png

iccard.bin, iccard.txt

Both files in the root of c:?

I just figured out, that Shining Force Cross Elysion uses the same files, and overwrites them, corrupting the card for Shining force Cross Raid

Once you've created a card, you can not create a second one, use the original iccard.bin, iccard.txt files to create a new card.

So when you want to load a card from one or other game, save the files found in the root of c:

in a separate folder, and place the necessary files in the root of c: when needed for one or the other game.

This game uses your mouse or a touchscreen.

Configured the game for Directinput?

Configure it for keyboard use.

https://ibb.co/VTtx0HZ

Somehow, in the TeknoParrot settings up, down, left, right are 90 degrees rotated so when you press up you go right.

Also in the beginning of the game the characters run to the left, wait a few moments, the first question you get is if you want a "training".

Press the buttons configured for up, down, left, right.

Use only digital inputs , as far as I know, both  analogue and digital controls configured "bites".

Quote:

• Touch screen works, just use mouse or if you have touch screen, use that.

• Multiplayer links but no modes are unlocked, feel free to hax!

• If you use Digital movement, please LEAVE ANALOG UNBINDED!

• Same thing other way around, or controls don't work.

Copy the shader.farc files and replace file inside "rom" folder.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/434687521805303810/552899763817938944/sfce_shaderfix.7z

Thanks to @jets

Shining Force Cross Raid / Elysion patch & correct iccard.bin, iccard.txt files.

http://www.emuline.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3985

Black graphics fix for NVIDIA GPU.

http://www.emuline.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5219

Shining Force Cross Elysion Patch

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/539568423999504384/539765399433248768/shader.farc

IC Card Setup
Download these files (
iccard.bin, iccard.txt) and place in C: root.

Currently you cannot change or name your character.

On to the game .......

Executable file is, project_f-ringedge-release.exe

At the Sega screen press F2 to insert a card!

:ptdr:

https://ibb.co/fvK8w6N

Press IC Customize, multiple times

https://ibb.co/60mtsvs

https://ibb.co/6RSkdGS

https://ibb.co/Bj1sn7g 
https://ibb.co/ZgzwhZy 
https://ibb.co/F4BTg3q

You have created a IC card, it takes you back to the SEGA screen, press F2 again to load the just created card.

Enjoy !!

I hope that this tutorial helps other people out.

It takes you a few moments to read, but it took me all night to figure it out.

When you get the game working, thanks to this "manual", please give a thanks at this post.

:very-good:

And a BIG thanks for the people who originally uploaded the games, we all can enjoy (if you do it right) !!!

And of course all the people involved in, the game loaders and JVS I/O emulation applications we use, and all the people I "forgot".

Also look at the posts below, some members / people add helpful information, thank them also .....

Modifié par linglang
added executable location.

• 2 semaines après...
  • 3 mois après...
En 6/3/2019 a las 21:17, arcade_power dijo:

Great tutorial, however, when I press "YES" (or No) on picture 4 , https://ibb.co/Bj1sn7g  the game takes me back to the SEGA logo screen. I did the exact steps in this tutorial but without any luck to get any green "Game Start" screen. Please help! :) 

Same here, any idea to solve?

Invité linglang

@arcade_power @Gwyllion

As far as I can tell .....I can not test it now.

The picture you shown ......

You have created a IC card, it takes you back to the SEGA screen, press F2 again to load the just created card.

Modifié par linglang

En 29/7/2019 a las 1:42, linglang dijo:

@arcade_power @Gwyllion

As far as I can tell .....I can not test it now.

The picture you shown ......

You have created a IC card, it takes you back to the SEGA screen, press F2 again to load the just created card.

Well done!! it Works...but it seems I not able to read first to not to disturb you, apologies!!..and thanks!

• 3 mois après...
  • 2 mois après...
Le 06/03/2019 à 21:17, arcade_power a dit :

Great tutorial, however, when I press "YES" (or No) on picture 4 , https://ibb.co/Bj1sn7g  the game takes me back to the SEGA logo screen. I did the exact steps in this tutorial but without any luck to get any green "Game Start" screen. Please help! :) 

Same here, the IC card won't be accepted and I keep on retrying but nothing it doesn"t load the next step, just sent me back to the sega logo

On 2/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, linglang said:

You have created a IC card, it takes you back to the SEGA screen, press F2 again to load the just created card.

9 hours ago, boulbi_911 said:

Same here, the IC card won't be accepted and I keep on retrying but nothing it doesn"t load the next step, just sent me back to the sega logo

On 3/6/2019 at 9:17 PM, arcade_power said:

I run the game with Gameloader All RH 347 and teknoparrot 281

Shining Force Cards.rar

Here is all you need.

A clean card to create your own.

And prepared cards for both games.

Just created not played at all.

Extract what you need to the root of C:

Remember ....

On 2/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, linglang said:

I just figured out, that Shining Force Cross Elysion uses the same files, and overwrites them, corrupting the card for Shining force Cross Raid

Once you've created a card, you can not create a second one, use the original iccard.bin, iccard.txt files to create a new card.

So when you want to load a card from one or other game, save the files found in the root of c:

in a separate folder, and place the necessary files in the root of c: when needed for one or the other game.

F2 to load the created game card.

Or to create a new card with the clean card file.

The mouse cursor can be very far off when running the game at any other than the original resolution of 1280x720

Press around the character then you can see how far off the mouse click is detected.

I have no solution for that.

The mouse is completly out of wack even after a calibration in the test menu.

In the test menu the X Y position detection is correct but (in game) the mouse is still out of wack.

Modifié par Onkel

Le 09/02/2020 à 02:40, Onkel a dit :

I run the game with Gameloader All RH 347 and teknoparrot 281

Shining Force Cards.rar

Here is all you need.

A clean card to create your own.

And prepared cards for both games.

Just created not played at all.

Extract what you need to the root of C:

Remember ....

F2 to load the created game card.

Or to create a new card with the clean card file.

The mouse cursor can be very far off when running the game at any other than the original resolution of 1280x720

Press around the character then you can see how far off the mouse click is detected.

I have no solution for that.

The mouse is completly out of wack even after a calibration in the test menu.

In the test menu the X Y position detection is correct but (in game) the mouse is still out of wack.

Thank you very, it works perfectly with your files for elysion - except for the controller on tecyhnoparrot - in fact up and down are reversed using the stick and controller digital button doesn't work (I'm not using xinput) - Now I need to figure out how to make this game works perfectly

For Cross Raid, I got the update mega link version 105 which size is 599 MB but it fail to load on technoparrot  no matter what I do. It fails to download the version without the update from the ipfs link https://ipfs.io/ipns/Qmb2NKRFJTK2zCcqCb7voCRg59CfFqEyFGsHaifocuwXkj

Could you please give me an advice on how to make it works - Do I need to download both version and apply the update or is it sufficient to use the v105 - I'm having a failed to launch message using technoparrot ? Is there a specific method to make it launch ?

Thank you very much for all the help you can provide, Appreciate it :)

3 hours ago, boulbi_911 said:

Do I need to download both version and apply the update or is it sufficient to use the v105

You will need sfcr100.7z and sfcr105.7z

Unpack sfcr100.7z and after that sfcr105.7z in the same folder

Overwrite files and folders as needed

3 hours ago, boulbi_911 said:

It fails to download the version without the update from the ipfs link

Use Jdownloader

http://jdownloader.org

Patience .....

Modifié par Onkel

• 3 mois après...
On 2/10/2020 at 4:09 PM, boulbi_911 said:

Thank you very, it works perfectly with your files for elysion - except for the controller on tecyhnoparrot - in fact up and down are reversed using the stick and controller digital button doesn't work (I'm not using xinput) - Now I need to figure out how to make this game works perfectly

I had the same problem. You can fix that by going into the "UserProfiles" folder in your Teknoparrot folder and editing the ShiningForceCrossElysion.xml file. You need to find this part:

<JoystickButtons>
      <ButtonName>Joystick Analog Y</ButtonName>
      <DirectInputButton>
        <Button>4</Button>
        <IsAxis>true</IsAxis>
        <IsAxisMinus>true</IsAxisMinus>
        <IsFullAxis>false</IsFullAxis>
        <PovDirection>0</PovDirection>
        <IsReverseAxis>false</IsReverseAxis>
        <JoystickGuid>2h7fa9e0-a136-11ea-8001-444557840000</JoystickGuid>
      </DirectInputButton>
      <InputMapping>Analog2</InputMapping>
      <AnalogType>AnalogJoystickReverse</AnalogType>
      <BindNameDi>Gamepad Y -</BindNameDi>
      <BindName>Gamepad Y -</BindName>
    </JoystickButtons>

And replace the analogtype line with this:

<AnalogType>AnalogJoystick</AnalogType>

Modifié par Newtonian

• 2 mois après...
En 4/6/2020 a las 19:03, Newtonian dijo:

I had the same problem. You can fix that by going into the "UserProfiles" folder in your Teknoparrot folder and editing the ShiningForceCrossElysion.xml file. You need to find this part:

<JoystickButtons>
      <ButtonName>Joystick Analog Y</ButtonName>
      <DirectInputButton>
        <Button>4</Button>
        <IsAxis>true</IsAxis>
        <IsAxisMinus>true</IsAxisMinus>
        <IsFullAxis>false</IsFullAxis>
        <PovDirection>0</PovDirection>
        <IsReverseAxis>false</IsReverseAxis>
        <JoystickGuid>2h7fa9e0-a136-11ea-8001-444557840000</JoystickGuid>
      </DirectInputButton>
      <InputMapping>Analog2</InputMapping>
      <AnalogType>AnalogJoystickReverse</AnalogType>
      <BindNameDi>Gamepad Y -</BindNameDi>
      <BindName>Gamepad Y -</BindName>
    </JoystickButtons>

And replace the analogtype line with this:

<AnalogType>AnalogJoystick</AnalogType>

I had the same ploblem, I solved it starting the game with the "test menu" on and calibrating the analog stick.

• 2 mois après...
  • 4 mois après...
Le 23/02/2019 à 23:06, linglang a dit :

iccard.bin, iccard.txt

Both files in the root of c:?

I did it a really basic way using batch files and launching them throught RocketLauncher. It is working pretty fine but I have an issue, a TeknoParrot exception error is generated when closing game. Error window is closing pretty fast but I am asking myself if there's a way to ignore TeknoParrot erros?

Here is an example for my batch files:

@echo off
copy /y iccard.* C:\
start /w G:\Hyperspin\Emulators\TeknoParrot\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=ShiningForceCrossRaid.xml
copy /y C:\iccard.* .\
del C:\iccard.*

Batch file and iccard files are in game folder (where exe is), I simply copy files to C:\ before launching game, I'm asking to wait for TeknoParrot to close (I suppose that's what generated the exception error) then I copy back files to game folder. To conclude I delete files located on C:\ (just to clean things).

I am sure there is a better way to do it (like using RocketLauncher Pre-Launch and Post-Launch functions I suppose) but it's a way too complex for me by now. Again, anyone is having an idea on how to ignore TeknoParrot errors please?

Modifié par Kleyon
Typo

• 10 mois après...

thanks for everything ,game is runing but still the controls are reversed ,plus i have no texture for main character or any other enemy in the game ,im currently using an AMD card ,maybe its a compatibility issue ,if somone else knows something about this problem ,or if a patch exists please ,ill appreciate the help ,i almost forgot ,i have another issue i do only 1 hit dammage per attack is that normal ? anyway thanks again for everything .

Modifié par hunternoob

• 2 semaines après...
  • 11 mois après...

Hi all - Is there a way in which the screen size can be changed? 

I've got the shining force games downloaded and trying to run through Teknoparrot (and GLARH v3.6.7) on my arcade cabinet with a windows 7 pc using a CRT monitor (800x600).  The games will load in which I can see the intro and get to the menu to read the iccard (f2), from there I cannot progress because I think any menu button I need to press in order to progress is offscreen.  I can cliick the ic setup button, but looks like the only i might be able to do is copy my iccard?  Overall, I see about 75% of the screen (can see some of the timer at top and 'elect' in the top left corner).  There are some settings in GLARH in which it does change the screen display but it also messes up the cursor to where the mouse click appears.  

Has anyone had success with resizing this game and if so, what settings or files did you have to update?  Thanks!

• 6 mois après...

11 hours ago, DSync said:

The game didn't seems to save the progress after completing mission? The ic.bin file date didn't updated after I completed the first chapter hmm.

Most arcade games will not save, when with a loader on a PC.

Probably has to do with  the .bin file, which probably is a IC binary to save progress, which is not properly emulated.

1 hour ago, DSync said:

I've seen others on YT playing this game in 60fps, yet TP only renders this in a locked 30 FPS.

What makes you sure the game is running at 60 FPS in the YT video ?

The video is 60 FPS, that means ..... what ?

Modifié par Zen_B7

On 3/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, Kleyon said:

I did it a really basic way using batch files and launching them throught RocketLauncher. It is working pretty fine but I have an issue, a TeknoParrot exception error is generated when closing game. Error window is closing pretty fast but I am asking myself if there's a way to ignore TeknoParrot erros?

Here is an example for my batch files:

@echo off
copy /y iccard.* C:\
start /w G:\Hyperspin\Emulators\TeknoParrot\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=ShiningForceCrossRaid.xml
copy /y C:\iccard.* .\
del C:\iccard.*

Batch file and iccard files are in game folder (where exe is), I simply copy files to C:\ before launching game, I'm asking to wait for TeknoParrot to close (I suppose that's what generated the exception error) then I copy back files to game folder. To conclude I delete files located on C:\ (just to clean things).

I am sure there is a better way to do it (like using RocketLauncher Pre-Launch and Post-Launch functions I suppose) but it's a way too complex for me by now. Again, anyone is having an idea on how to ignore TeknoParrot errors please?

Thanks I'm thinking to do the same, but instead create 2 batch file and put in pre and post launch in RL.

First, put the ic_card.bin and txt in the game folder `ic_card`.

Create a file copy_ic_card_to_c_root that copy the ic_card to C:\ root

@echo off
copy /y "r:\ROMS-Arcade-PC-Modern\Sega RingEdge\Shining Force - Cross Raid V1.05\ic_card\iccard.*" C:\

Create another file copy_ic_card_from_c_root that copy the ic_card from C:\\ to the game ic folder.

@echo off
copy /y C:\iccard.* "r:\ROMS-Arcade-PC-Modern\Sega RingEdge\Shining Force - Cross Raid V1.05\ic_card"

Screenshot 2023-07-23 153213.png