After Burner Climax (Lindbergh)

Works "fine" on Window$ 10 (1803) with Teknoparrot 1.92

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Burner_Climax

after_burner_climax_by_pooterman-dc7gark.png

I installed a clean dump.

Game would not load.

Plane would not turn left.

Solution:

Use this "vanilla" abc executable file and place it in abc/disk1, link TeknoParrot to this file.

mega://enc2?oGYzRkHauaALDCmlDy9S8ftmhjKdIE1SXoblyOWBUdXUEHO3FBmPIiTGR4VvlZ_2p7czivzBzf2tOFdJVetTDA
Thanks to ssphaneuf

Thanks @bandicoot for the instructions in French. 

Merci mon ami !

Here the solution in English.

Set your settings for ABC in TeknoParrot, including test and service button.

Calibrate your joystick control in the service menu, then exit

Then edit the ABC.XML file in userprofiles.

Search for Analog 2 and change it to these settings.

<InputMapping> Analog2 </ InputMapping> 
      <AnalogType> AnalogJoystick </ AnalogType> (here is the "joke" this line  must be deleted)
      <BindNameDi> Y - </ BindNameDi> 
      <BindName> Y - </ BindName>

Save the file and set it to READ ONLY.

DO NOT change the settings for ABC in TeknoParrot, while the ABC.xml file is in read only mode !

TeknoParrot will crash and will not start again, not even after a restart of your PC !!!

Remove abc.xml from the UserProfiles folder, to be able to start Teknoparrot  again.

https://ibb.co/gV89fR1
https://ibb.co/WkR6hZD

Otherwise you could check this.

Thanks @Mounir

Enjoy.

I hope that this tutorial helps other people out.

It takes you a few moments to read, but it took me all night to figure it out.

When you get the game working, thanks to this "manual", please give a thanks at this post.

:very-good:

And a BIG thanks for the people who originally uploaded the games, we all can enjoy (if you do it right) !!!

And of course all the people involved in, the game loaders and JVS I/O emulation applications we use, and all the people I "forgot".

Also look at the posts below, some members / people add helpful information, thank them also .....

Modifié par linglang
Added instructions for fix so turning left works again

• 3 semaines après...

Hello i got little help if i run this game i got unimplemented sound emulation api segaapi etc hot to fix this, version 1,90,192 ver emu ?

Gros dossier j'arrivais pas a inversé l'axe Y et bien c'est tout bete

Configurer vos controles puis sauvegardez

ensuite éditer le fichier ABC.XML dans USERCONFIG

puis 

<InputMapping>Analog2</InputMapping>
      <AnalogType>AnalogJoystick</AnalogType> (c'est ici la blague il faut supprimé reverse)
      <BindNameDi>Y-</BindNameDi>
      <BindName>Y-</BindName>

Ensuite pour eviter toute blague metter le fichier ABC.XML en lecture seul

Ce jeux est superbe avec un stick ForceFEEDBACK microsoft , j'ai contacter BOOMSLANG pour faire un plugin FFB de ce nom

Hi All if I understand good for this working ggod

1°) Use the abc_org original (it's a pity that we can not use the one to patch in 1080p the game is much prettier)

it does not work with the file patched abc in 1080p ??? Someone tried?

2°) Edit the ABC.XML in USERCONFIG

<InputMapping>Analog2</InputMapping>
      <AnalogType>AnalogJoystick</AnalogType> (c'est ici la blague il faut supprimé reverse)
      <BindNameDi>Y-</BindNameDi>
      <BindName>Y-</BindName>

Save the file and set it to READ ONLY

3°) Do the calibration in the test mode

1554417427-budgieloader-2019-04-05-00-29

from this passage you must first press the test mode key without touching the direction and then when you reach this screen you must:
- Make : up, down, left, right and press the test button mode
- Make : Up + Test Button Mode, Down + Test Button Mode, Left + Test Button Mode and Right + Test Button Mode

1554417436-budgieloader-2019-04-05-00-29

And to finish exit test mode

1554417457-budgieloader-2019-04-05-00-29

Modifié par soso92

Ok it's good I finally understood and it works well thank you.
on the other hand it's just a pity that it does not work with the abc1080p because with the file abc_org the game is in basic resolution it's prettier in 1080p

for information the trick also works with the file in 1080p.
on the other hand the game is too fast sometimes I do not know if it is possible to slow it down

Modifié par soso92

• 2 mois après...
Invité linglang

@pucci

According to the TeknoParrot readme file.

Changes in TeknoParrot 1.50a Patreon Release:
* After Burner Climax Supported
NOTE: Copy abc from disk0 to disk1 and run from there!
Modifié par linglang

21 ore fa, linglang ha scritto:

@pucci

According to the TeknoParrot readme file.

Changes in TeknoParrot 1.50a Patreon Release:

* After Burner Climax Supported
NOTE: Copy abc from disk0 to disk1 and run from there!

i have only 1 file

abc.bin 1.5Gb

what's the correct dir config?

ROM FOLDER\disk0\<EMPTY>
ROM FOLDER|disk1\abc.bin

?

Invité linglang

You can not run the .bin file.

You need to extract it AGAIN, yes the .bin file with 7zip or poweriso, THEN you get a disk0, disk1 folder structure.

So extract .rar / 7z to get .bin, THEN extract .bin again to get what you need to run the Lindbergh game.

Ignore the errors you see during extraction of the .bin file, it has to do with file system used, It can not create sym links during extraction on Windows file systems.

If you have a game with 2 .bin files, the name of the second .bin shows the name of the folder where it needs to be extracted to.

As a example game.bin is the game which extracts to disk0, disk1, et cetera.

The second .bin file, rom.bin needs to be extracted in the gamefolder/disk0/rom folder, or whatever the name of the second .bin file is.

• 1 mois après...
Il 23/2/2019 Alle 22:48, linglang ha scritto:

After Burner Climax (Lindbergh)

Funziona "bene" su Window $ 10 (1803) con Teknoparrot 1.92

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Burner_Climax

after_burner_climax_by_pooterman-dc7gark.png

Ho installato un dump pulito.

Il gioco non si caricava.

L'aereo non gira a sinistra.

Soluzione:

Utilizzare questo file eseguibile abc "vanilla" e inserirlo in abc / disk1, collegare TeknoParrot a questo file.

Grazie @bandicoot  per le istruzioni in francese. 

Grazie amico mio!

Ecco la soluzione in inglese.

Configurare le impostazioni per ABC in TeknoParrot, incluso il pulsante di test e di servizio.

Calibrare il controllo del joystick nel menu di servizio, quindi uscire

Quindi modificare il file ABC.XML in userprofiles.

Cerca Analog 2 e modificalo in queste impostazioni.

<InputMapping> Analog2 </ InputMapping> 
      <AnalogType> AnalogJoystick </ AnalogType>  (ecco lo "scherzo" questa riga deve essere eliminata)
      <BindNameDi> Y - </ BindNameDi> 
      <BindName> Y - </ BindName>

Salvare il file e impostarlo su LEGGI SOLO .

NON modificare le impostazioni per ABC in TeknoParrot, mentre il file ABC.xml è in modalità di sola lettura!

TeknoParrot si arresterà in modo anomalo e non si riavvierà, nemmeno dopo un riavvio del PC !!!

Rimuovere abc.xml dalla cartella UserProfiles, per poter riavviare Teknoparrot.

https://ibb.co/gV89fR1
https://ibb.co/WkR6hZD

Altrimenti potresti controllare questo.

Grazie @Mounir

Godere.

Spero che questo tutorial aiuti altre persone.

Ti ci vogliono alcuni minuti per leggere, ma mi ci è voluta tutta la notte per capirlo.

Quando il gioco funziona, grazie a questo "manuale", ti preghiamo di ringraziare questo post.

:very-good:

E un GRANDE grazie per le persone che hanno originariamente caricato i giochi, tutti noi possiamo divertirci (se lo fai bene) !!!

E ovviamente tutte le persone coinvolte, i caricatori di giochi e le applicazioni di emulazione I / O JVS che utilizziamo e tutte le persone che "ho dimenticato".

Guarda anche i post qui sotto, alcuni membri / persone aggiungono informazioni utili, grazie anche a loro .....

It worked perfectly, Thanks but I accidentally went back to the file when it was just reading and now to start the teknoparrot I have to delete the abc.xml file from gameprofile but then when I put it back it doesn't start, I can't configure the game anymore?

Modifié par Nellino

• 1 mois après...

I didn't have to set the xml file to read only in order to make the plane turn left. Don't ask me why, but if I hold the right thumb button on my 360 pad during startup, I consistently am able to play the game correctly. At first, I thought it was because "service" was set to this button... but no, whatever pad settings I make in TP, it's always this button that does the trick.

Maybe this will help somebody?

I am launching the game from ALL RH.

Thanks for this tuto by the way!

• 4 mois après...

When setting up ABClimax, do I just need to have the extracted .BIN set, or do I need to put the ROM set I also found online someplace?

In my ACB folder I have the zipped rom set in the main ABC folder, and the extracted .BIN folder set in a sub menu.

I moved the ABC file from folder 0 to folder 1. When I try running 

ABC it appears to load and then crashes to the Teknoparrot manu.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm obviously doing something wrong. (^_^)

@UnknownID

Here some advise

1. Run teknoparrot as administrator

2 Use 7z to extract the game TWICE !!

First to extract the .rar .7z file then AGAIN the resulting .bin file only then you get the game files

3. Lindbergh games are Linux based so there is no .exe in this case disk0/abc

4. Copy the files off the disk0 folder to the disk1 folder and run abc with teknoparrot from there.

• 1 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...

in my case noting will start

gtc1050ti and core2duo

abc will crash at startup

abc_1080 get sync error in log

abc_original crash at startup

can someone please help?

EDIT: Now it works ! i put files from disk0 to disk1

BUT: in 1080 the hud is very small in the left side of the screen

how can i set it up to fullscreen ?

Modifié par pillemats

En 18/4/2020 a las 7:23, pillemats dijo:

in my case noting will start

gtc1050ti and core2duo

abc will crash at startup

abc_1080 get sync error in log

abc_original crash at startup

can someone please help?

EDIT: Now it works ! i put files from disk0 to disk1

BUT: in 1080 the hud is very small in the left side of the screen

how can i set it up to fullscreen ?

I have the same problem very small Window in the left...any solution?

thanks

Got back to messing with this. I FINALLY got it to "boot" but when the game starts the attract mode graphics are all messed up.

The 3D models are nothing but long graphical streaks, and when you actually start a game you can select a plane

(with bad graphics like attract mode) and then ... nothing happens.

Or rather, I tried it again and the game locks up and crashes hard.

I haven't gotten these results in Machstorm or SW Battlepod.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

**Update: Okay, I didn't download the Shader fix from Teknoparrot's web site. Installing that fixed all the graphics issues!Seems to work okay now!

Modifié par UnknownID
Figured it out!

• 1 mois après...
  • 3 mois après...

the download i have just gave me a abc.bin file

Also, i cannot download any mega links with the mega uploader, i get a window saying processing mega links and it doesnt go any further

Modifié par Bredders

• 5 mois après...
  • 4 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...

First off - huge thanks to everyone who has worked to preserve this game for us to continue to enjoy! I can’t thank you enough.

That said, is there still any development being done to get this working consistently? The control issues with the lines needing deleted in the XML file would seem to be something that should be fixable?

i ask because I have my own strange control problem. (I’m trying to use a flight stick, but same thing when tested with a controller). After the game starts, the controls only work for a limited number of seconds. If I take my time in the menu, when the game starts I won’t be able to move the plane at all. If I rush through the plane selection then I can move around and fire properly for a short time, and then everything locks up on the last input and I have to quit with the escape key.

Same thing when I launch with the test menu on and check inputs. They all work for a while, and then freeze. If anyone has any idea how I might fix this I’d love to hear it.

Also, the Z access input from the throttle/thrust lever only registers in one direction, despite working correctly in the Teknoparrot control mapping screen. I tried messing with the XML file to see if it could be tricked into working but I think it probably needs deeper coding knowledge than that.

It seems like all discussion on this is getting on for a year or more out of date, so I am hoping there is still some interest in getting it to work. Same thing with Outrun 2 SPDX (although at least that runs reliably for most people).

Modifié par Darwock

• 5 mois après...
On 7/25/2021 at 7:36 AM, Mounir said:

Salut, quel est le bon launcher pour after burner climax?  les fichiers abc_org et abc lancent le jeu en 4:3 et le fichier abc1080p crash au demarrage.

Merci.

Having sames issue.  I know the thread is old but I can't get the game to run in wide screen just 4:3 using abc.  Any help would be great.

• 3 semaines après...

Le jeu fonctionne parfaitement, un grand merci à tous ceux qui ont rendu cela possible 🙌

Cependant avec le patch 1080p l'interface du jeu ne s'adapte pas, quelqu'un a trouvé une solution à ce problème ?

---

The game works perfectly, a big thank you to everyone who made this possible 🙌

However with the 1080p patch the game interface does not adapt, has anyone found a solution to this problem?

• 5 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
On 8/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, zmansk88 said:

Has anyone found a fix for the HUD in After Burner Climax it is stuck in the top left of the screen in 640 x 480 otherwise I love how far this has come and appreciate the hard work. https://ibb.co/Gs4kb9C

No this happens with a lot of games so I leave games native and add scanlines when possible with reshade if low res. I don't think its possible on linux games though. I don't bother with this version purely because of missing shadows. Play it on RPCS3 instead.

Modifié par VirtuaTK

• 4 mois après...