Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] CLIFF HANGER AC - BRD REMASTERED (Laserdisc)

dex77

Messages recommandés

i gave you a thank,

but i tell you : thanks a billion times for sharing this with everyone! 

do wee need daphne 'singe" version ? to play this game?

personnaly i own daphne 1.0-2.2.11

23 minutes ago, ginzu said:

i gave you a thank,

but i tell you : thanks a billion times for sharing this with everyone! 

do wee need daphne 'singe" version ? to play this game?

personnaly i own daphne 1.0-2.2.11

It's already in the package and updated, it's Daphne not Singe, just place it where you prefer and edit the framefiles, not rocket science! :very-good:

PS. Next in line TIME WARP BRD REMASTERED and then DL BRD and SA BRD, 4:3 arcade perfect

same picture quality as Cliffy, Enjoy!!

Modifié par dex77

oh c'est génial, merci beaucoup l'ami :)

2 hours ago, uVSthem said:

Thank you Mr. Dex, is there anyway you can make these bluray remasters in 1080p to keep the full bluray quality? Can Daphne even run HD video footage?

Daphne can't manage HD resolutions since its original purpose was meant to replicate 1:1 the laserdisc experience which comes in SD definition (the glorious old 4:3 TV aka 640x480),

the emulator is so neat and precise that can be used to control real LD hardware and actually this is its primary function (the original cabinets used to have so many issues related to the hardware so the genius of Matt Ownby came across to the idea of developing a software to replace the pcb and control the LD player with a PC and that's how Daphne was intended to be originally), the only way to remaster in HD a LD game is to have the best quality source of the content you need for the specific game you love (if it exists) and rebuild the whole LD video track frame by frame with a video editing software (aka a huge pain in the ass), i hope this is gonna clear many doubts out there!

So far there's only a limited amount of titles that can be remastered since there's no HD source available, these games are Dragon's Lair 1&2, Space Ace, Cliff Hanger and Bega's Battle which I will probably remaster some day in the future since i have the japanese blu-ray version of the movie footage used for it, the only exception comes for Time Gal and Ninja Hayate which I have remastered using post-productions techniques with advanced softwares, that's pretty much all I can tell you.   

23 hours ago, dex77 said:

Daphne can't manage HD resolutions since its original purpose was meant to replicate 1:1 the laserdisc experience which comes in SD definition (the glorious old 4:3 TV aka 640x480),

the emulator is so neat and precise that can be used to control real LD hardware and actually this is its primary function (the original cabinets used to have so many issues related to the hardware so the genius of Matt Ownby came across to the idea of developing a software to replace the pcb and control the LD player with a PC and that's how Daphne was intended to be originally), the only way to remaster in HD a LD game is to have the best quality source of the content you need for the specific game you love (if it exists) and rebuild the whole LD video track frame by frame with a video editing software (aka a huge pain in the ass), i hope this is gonna clear many doubts out there!

So far there's only a limited amount of titles that can be remastered since there's no HD source available, these games are Dragon's Lair 1&2, Space Ace, Cliff Hanger and Bega's Battle which I will probably remaster some day in the future since i have the japanese blu-ray version of the movie footage used for it, the only exception comes for Time Gal and Ninja Hayate which I have remastered using post-productions techniques with advanced softwares, that's pretty much all I can tell you.   

Thank you for the reply. This does clear up doubts. The reason I ask is because I already have bluray rips of Dragon's Lair 1 and Space Ace formatted for use with Daphne but they are down scaled to SD so I was hoping you could provide an upgrade. If you need the files I can provide them for you, just give me a place to upload them too.

Modifié par uVSthem

On 6/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, dex77 said:

It's already in the package and updated, it's Daphne not Singe, just place it where you prefer and edit the framefiles, not rocket science! :very-good:

PS. Next in line TIME WARP BRD REMASTERED and then DL BRD and SA BRD, 4:3 arcade perfect

same picture quality as Cliffy, Enjoy!!

Do you also have a re-master of Road Blaster?  My personal favourite LOL

Thanks

Manson

6 hours ago, Manson976 said:

Do you also have a re-master of Road Blaster?  My personal favourite LOL

Thanks

Manson

No Manson, there's no HD sources available... time permitting, i will do a remaster of Thunder Storm and Road Blaster with the same technique i used for Time Gal and Hayate since i have a fairly good quality SD source for them... it should be enough to revamp the whole visual.. I'm only afraid it's gonna take a while... I will keep you posted for sure don't worry! 

6 hours ago, uVSthem said:

Thank you for the reply. This does clear up doubts. The reason I ask is because I already have bluray rips of Dragon's Lair 1 and Space Ace formatted for use with Daphne but they are down scaled to SD so I was hoping you could provide an upgrade. If you need the files I can provide them for you, just give me a place to upload them too.

Thank you buddy but no need, if the one you have are in 4:3 ratio then it's the same DL and SA version i will upload soon as long with my BDR remaster of Time Warp (the only title not available publicly), very soon!

4 hours ago, dex77 said:

Thank you buddy but no need, if the one you have are in 4:3 ratio then it's the same DL and SA version i will upload soon as long with my BDR remaster of Time Warp (the only title not available publicly), very soon!

Yes, mine are 4:3. I look forward to your remaster of Time Warp.

• 1 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
On 6/3/2018 at 1:33 AM, dex77 said:

great work dex77

do you have links to Bega's Battle & Ninja Hayate remastered?

thank you

Modifié par stuart2773

6 hours ago, stuart2773 said:

great work dex77

do you have links to Bega's Battle & Ninja Hayate remastered?

thank you

Hayate it's done but i have to figure out first how to fix a little issue that takes the footage to proceed in a specific scene also if you miss the input... kinda sucks cause the remaster it's all finished and ready... Bega's battle instead it's on the list but I didn't start yet... it will take some time... my job keeps me so damn busy... just be patient,

as soon as something it's ready i will post it, keep in touch! 

• 3 semaines après...
  • 5 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...

:) thanks for this.

Are you going to remaster Ninja Hayate as well?

Sorry just noticed you are already doing this one.

Can you by any chance try and get the three games that don't work or never worked in Daphne running:

A lot of people have never heard of these are they are never in any lists, but with your skills is there any chance you are able to preserve these too.

I am not asking for HD or Blue-Ray versions just for a way of making these load and run? (I only ask this as a few people have recently asked me for the files to the following games as they have not been previously working via Daphne as they should. (I know one of them is a cliffhanger replace arcade replacement but can't remember which one?)

------------------------

I was about to PM this to a user that has asked me if i still have the files but want to clarify if these MIRACULOUSLY work these days as they NEVER EVER worked on any version of WINDOWS OS in the past without big problems?

Goal 2 Goal = gtg - American Football (Goal to goal = loads but you never see anything on the screen you can only hear it)

Freedom Fighetrs = ffr - (loops after 5  seconds of play and you can't get past that bit. It forever loops)

LaserGp = Laser Grand Prix - Cant remeber why this did not work but as bad as the above two.

Modifié par melodical

• 2 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...
  • 3 semaines après...
  • 3 semaines après...