ducon2016

Simulate X360 controllers when you just have a keyboard

19 hours ago, bojo5150 said:

@ducon2016 & @Mohkerz

First, thank you for all the great tools shared throughout the Emuline forums! It because of all of you that my arcade cab it was it is today!

I'm trying to use Mohkerz Loader for Sega Rally 3, Ford Racing, and Operation Ghost. All of the games boot fine but given I have a cabinet and don't have any xinput gamepads I'm trying to configure x360kb to remap each games keys and I'm really struggling to get it working. I'm running Windows 7 64 and I have Sega Rally 3 located in E:\ SR3. Within this folder I have MohkerzLoaderz.exe & ini, xinput9_1_0.dll, x360kb.ini and all the Sega Rally 3 folders with the game executable located within the "Rally" folder. My x360kb.ini details are pasted in below. What other files do I need to have in the directories? Where do I put them/what folders? I'm sorry if this is a 101 question but I just can't seem to get it working. Thanks for all your help in advance!

First let me confirm that what you are trying to do works. I use the same set-up home on SR3 and it works fine.

1. you need to use the 32 bit version of xinput9_1_0.dll and x360kb.ini in the same folder where you have MohkerzLoaderz.exe

2. When you run MohkerzLoaderz.exe, do you hear a "beep" sound?

You answered it! I was using the files found in the x64 folder vs the standard dll folder. Sega Rally 3 runs perfect!. 

Now I have a new issue :-) I'm working on Ford Racing and everything works great (Game and keyboard mapping) with exception of the Left and Right Analog (Mapped to the Left and Right keyboard keys) It seems that maybe the loader may have an issue? Any chance you can check this out or upload v.3 or .4 to try instead? (looks like FRFB support was added in v0.3 so I assume it worked back then) I'm using the current version (5.2) and couldn't find past versions available for download anywhere.

Thanks again for your help!

Nevermind, I missed the note in the readme to change the "calibration.ini" file. All good, works great!

Question for the group, for whatever reason I've never been able to get Teknoparrot to work on my PC (Crashes when I try to configure DirectInput keys) but if I set the emulator setting to XInput, Games boot fine and I can easy map buttons from an XBOX One controller. I have an Cabinet and have no interest in using a XBOX controller though so I would like to emulate the controller with my keyboard. 

That said I placed the xinput9_1_0.dll and x360kb.ini files into the same directory as the "game.exe" but it doesn't work. (no beep, etc...) Should I place it in the Teknoparrot directory or is there a different setup I need to do to get this to work with Teknoparrot gameloader?

Thanks in advance!

Teknoparrot uses xinput1_4.dll, and it needs to be in the teknoparrot folder including the x360kb.ini, not in the game folder.

@ducon2016

Ducon, I'm somewhat in a pickle now with my normal Teknoparrot issues (crashes if trying to use DirectInput) I just installed 1.93 and have been enjoying the Lindbergh games on Windows 7 however when using DemulShooter 8.5.4 for LGJ & HOTD4 x360kb and DemulShooter collide and more of less cancel each other out so I'm stuck with only 1 player. Any idea what settings I can use to allow demulshooter to hook and do its thing yet also assign the P1 & P2 start buttons to the keyboard using x360kb?

1 hour ago, bojo5150 said:

@ducon2016

Ducon, I'm somewhat in a pickle now with my normal Teknoparrot issues (crashes if trying to use DirectInput) I just installed 1.93 and have been enjoying the Lindbergh games on Windows 7 however when using DemulShooter 8.5.4 for LGJ & HOTD4 x360kb and DemulShooter collide and more of less cancel each other out so I'm stuck with only 1 player. Any idea what settings I can use to allow demulshooter to hook and do its thing yet also assign the P1 & P2 start buttons to the keyboard using x360kb?

This is more a question for Argon le Fou. You can ask him on discord.

Can't get it to work with Lindbergh games but it works perfectly with other Teknoparrot games, what to do?

@ducon2016 ... very cool little app to deal with xinput games an s replace many other apps used together ...great work my friend  ... is there a chance the functionality of something like UCR added which will allow using mouse controls to be binded like keyboard.

Edited by mamefan2018

13 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

@ducon2016 ... very cool little app to deal with xinput games an s replace many other apps used together ...great work my friend  ... is there a chance the functionality of something like UCR added which will allow using mouse controls to be binded like keyboard.

Yes I could add it, I have been considering it before. Will look into it, but my todo list is pretty long right now so might take a while.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ducon2016 said:

Yes I could add it, I have been considering it before. Will look into it, but my todo list is pretty long right now so might take a while.

that is really great ... so you are aiming to make the ultimate application for any xinput game ... will keep checking for updates  :very-good:

salut les gars désolé si ma grammaire est bizarre ma langue maternelle est l'espagnol.
J'essaie d'obtenir la culpabilité de Gear Xrd rev 2 et du roi des combattants 14 mais rien ne se passe. 
Je l'ai utilisé pour Ultra Street Fighter 4 et Street Fighter x Tekken. mais ce n'est pas en quête d'un équipement 
coupable et du roi des combattants aucun conseil?

2 hours ago, Bochi said:

salut les gars désolé si ma grammaire est bizarre ma langue maternelle est l'espagnol.
J'essaie d'obtenir la culpabilité de Gear Xrd rev 2 et du roi des combattants 14 mais rien ne se passe. 
Je l'ai utilisé pour Ultra Street Fighter 4 et Street Fighter x Tekken. mais ce n'est pas en quête d'un équipement 
coupable et du roi des combattants aucun conseil?

Guilty Gear X2 - dinput8.dll 32 bits -  BlockRawInput=1, FilterOtherPads=1

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - xinput1_3.dll 32 bits -  BlockRawInput=1, HookAllXInputDLLs=1 

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - xinput1_3.dll 32 bits -  BlockRawInput=1

King of Fighterx XIV - xinput1_4.dll 64 bits -  BlockRawInput=1

salut merci roi des combattants 14 fonctionne correctement,
mais Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 se bloque dès son ouverture aussi si aussi possible 
je peux aussi m'aider avec Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Merci.

6 hours ago, Bochi said:

salut merci roi des combattants 14 fonctionne correctement,
mais Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 se bloque dès son ouverture aussi si aussi possible 
je peux aussi m'aider avec Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Merci.

DOA5 - dinput8.dll 32 bits -  FilterOtherPads=1, FakeXInputPads=1, HookFastProx=1, SetPropertySuccess=1, DisableDI8Keyboard=1