Aller au contenu

Sega-tools help W-A-C-C-A

Randy Roughnutts

Messages recommandés

I first want to start with, I am so happy this site is back.  I was in the middle of some neat projects back when it went down, and I am ready to get them finished.  I have not messed with any of this in year or more.  In my absence the internet has most certainly delivered to the Archive.org.  I have finally found all the W-A-C-C-A files i needed.  I can get them to launch but mercury.exe crashes shortly after a banner written in (Japanese maybe) depicting a picture of what i think is a frilled lizard attacking an anime girl.   I get 3 errors at the very start about access denied as well.  From what I have been reading, it seems I need a program called Segatools.  I have found several versions of it.  The problem is, I don't know what to do with files from github, and the like.  Can anyone point me in the direction of downloading a precompiled version of Segatools?  I would be most grateful.  Or if that doesn't exist, maybe just explain how to compile the files into an application.  My ultimate goal here is running W-A-C-C-A in VR.  Thank you very much for any input you may have on this topic.  I don't know if it helps to spell the game name that way or not.  More or less just trying to keep things on the down low so as not to attract unwanted attention here.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 224639.png

Screenshot 2024-01-01 224307.png

Screenshot 2024-01-01 224743.png

Screenshot 2024-01-01 224839.png

50 minutes ago, JoNB3x said:

The game cannot be run in D:\ or E:\ , it will cause failure to run.

try to put it on C:\SDFE

Thank you very much for your help.  I did try your suggestion to move it to C:\SDFE however it gives the initial error I originally started with.  I was able to get past this error the first time by editing firewall.cfg and game.bat.  Should I do that again, or should I create an X:\

Screenshot 2024-01-02 001139.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 001452.png

Do you have Artemis running for network connection?

Do you have binaries for wacca reverse/lillyR (assuming this is the version you want to run....i had also issues with UE4 errors with older versions)?

You do not need any specific firewall stuf and do not run the game.bat file from wacca itself but the one from segatools

Modifié par laflegge

21 minutes ago, laflegge said:

Do you have Artemis running for network connection?

Do you have binaries for wacca reverse/lillyR (assuming this is the version you want to run....i had also issues with UE4 errors with older versions)?

You do not need any specific firewall stuf and do not run the game.bat file from wacca itself but the one from segatools

These are the files I have.  I just started with the first version to see if i could get it to run.  I am not real familiar with which versions have which songs.  I have only played Wacca at Round1 which is a 4 hour drive away from me.  The WaccaVR program I have says it compatible with all versions.  I am interested in getting them all to work if possible.  I will be happy to get even just one version of wacca to run.  Thank you for your help.

Also I do not know what Artemis is.  I have not seen it mentioned before now.

image_2024-01-02_003530129.png

Modifié par Randy Roughnutts

https://gitea.tendokyu.moe/Dniel97/segatools

This is the Segatools I have found.   I don't understand how to build it into a program that is usable.  I have searched a lot for a prebuilt version of Segatools but for some reason I am only finding git links like this one.  This one mentions Wacca up to Reverse being supported while the other versions of segatools do not mention wacca at all.  If some one could give me clear instructions on how to build this or compile it, I am certainly willing to try.  Or if someone knows how and could just do it and share it on archive or similar, that would be great too.  Either way I will be eternally grateful.  Thank you

My experience with these

0. forget about Wacca 1.00.00

1. Take Lilly and build all the way up to LillyR (so unpack 2.00.00, overwrite with 2.01.00 and so on all the way to Lilliy 2.53.00)

This will give you a complete and latest version of LillyR

2. Take Reverse 3.00.00 and build all the way up to 3.07.01  

This will give you a complete Reverse (latest is 3.10 but that is an offline patch so do NOT use that if you would ever find one)

3. Get Artemis Develop and configure that one (is for allnet/aime/profiles/network)

Hay1tsme/artemis: Arcade network service emulator for games that use SEGA's ALL.NET and related services. - artemis - Tendokyu

Start with that... I am not at home right now but I will link "Segatools for reverse" (which also work on LillyR) tonight

Modifié par laflegge

Il y a 5 heures, laflegge a dit :

here you are.

Put ICF1 in amfs folder

of course configure ip-adresses in segatools.ini

and create a 20 digit number for your aime.txt (in \DEVICE folder) eg. 60377407084493049240

ICF1 704 O · 1 téléchargement segatools_for_reverse.rar 400.86 Ko · 3 téléchargements

Use a translator. Thank you very much for providing it, which has enabled me to play wacca. But I encountered an issue with the internet connection, so the network tests were all normal except for the payment being --. At runtime, network is skip. How should this be set

13 hours ago, laflegge said:

My experience with these

1. Take Lilly and build all the way up to LillyR (so unpack 2.00.00, overwrite with 2.01.00 and so on all the way to Lilliy 2.53.00)

This will give you a complete Reverse (latest is 3.10 but that is an offline patch so do NOT use that if you would ever find one)

3. Get Artemis Develop and configure that one (is for allnet/aime/profiles/network)

Hay1tsme/artemis: Arcade network service emulator for games that use SEGA's ALL.NET and related services. - artemis - Tendokyu

Start with that... I am not at home right now but I will link "Segatools for reverse" (which also work on LillyR) tonight

I downloaded Artemis, however I do not understand how to use it.  Github is something I have tried to learn but have not succeeded at yet.  Is there a precompiled version of Artemis?

12 hours ago, laflegge said:

also look at this

https://rentry.co/waakaa

A lot of the links were dead, I tried like segatools took me to a website that required registering.  I did register, but was met with a 404.  

11 hours ago, laflegge said:

here you are.

Put ICF1 in amfs folder

of course configure ip-adresses in segatools.ini

and create a 20 digit number for your aime.txt (in \DEVICE folder) eg. 60377407084493049240

ICF1 704 B · 1 download segatools_for_reverse.rar 400.86 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much for this segatools.  As soon as I saw the files it looked like what I needed.  I put the segatools files into the app folder and replaced the files when prompted.  As for the ICF1, should I use the one you shared or stick with the one that came with game files?  The ICF1 file you shared is the same number of bytes as the one that came with the game.  I am assuming that Artemis would give me the Ip addresses I need?  Do I just make up any 20 digit number, or should I use the one you provided?

Below is a screenshot of the Artemis files I got from your link.  I just need instructions on what to do with them.  

Thank you again for all the help you have provided so far, I really appreciate it.

Modifié par Randy Roughnutts

Sorry.. I can not help you with artemis (to much of an effort).

Somewhere on the bottom of 

https://rentry.co/chunisunnyplus you find some info. 

And. https://mega.nz/file/kFdWnBhI#VOSpqCV8HUgf6Df0ray0tE2YugVuSOkWvb3ICg9bFlc.. has a video how to setup.

Artemis is not a compiled thing... It's a python app. 

And your screenshot is not artemis but wacca? 

Use your own icf1,  just create a 20 digit number not starting with 0 or 3

Sorry for the wrong screenshot I have deleted it so as not to confuse others.  With the guide you shared, I think I can do it.  I am going to put together another computer to run all this on.  I feel like it would be best to have a dedicated machine for running these games.  I will do some tinkering with Artemis tonight when I get home.  Thank you for your help thus far.  I will report back when I get stuck again or when I get it figured out.

17 hours ago, laflegge said:

My experience with these

Hi Laflegge,  you mentioned an offline patch 3.10.  Is there a reason to avoid the offline patch or is it not compatible with segatools?  When I do get Artemis working, does that mean I would be able to connect to other Wacca players and have highscores, etc?  Mostly I just want to be able to play the game, Im not too worried about online functionality or score keeping.