Aller au contenu

THE IDOLM@STER (Namco System 256, 2005)

emihiok

Messages recommandés

• 4 mois après...
10 hours ago, keropon said:

Isn't there any way to run this in MAME yet?

unfortunately no, best bet would be PCSX2 but they don't support adding MagicGate decryption:

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/3613

Also note that dump above doesn't have a dongle dump (only HDD), if full Sys246/256 emulation becomes a thing someone will probably release one

• 4 mois après...

Is there any way to extract the data? I actually have this entire arcade kit (HDD, dongle, printable memory cards, cabinet instruction/art inserts, etc.) and I've never successfully dumped it. I was able to use EaseUS Data Recovery to extract a couple of image files (which I've contributed to the Spriter's Resource), but that's about it, other than unreadable raw data. I'm interested at looking at the game's assets, whether it be graphics, models, or sounds.

• 5 mois après...
Le 11/05/2022 à 12:27, TeridaxXD001 a dit :

Is there any way to extract the data? I actually have this entire arcade kit (HDD, dongle, printable memory cards, cabinet instruction/art inserts, etc.) and I've never successfully dumped it. I was able to use EaseUS Data Recovery to extract a couple of image files (which I've contributed to the Spriter's Resource), but that's about it, other than unreadable raw data. I'm interested at looking at the game's assets, whether it be graphics, models, or sounds.

Do you have other DVD files or HDD files and dongles there? For example, the dongle and memory card of Soulcalibur 2, because this game requires two at the same time

Picture 2 of 3

6 hours ago, andymage said:
On 5/11/2022 at 6:27 AM, TeridaxXD001 said:

Do you have other DVD files or HDD files and dongles there? For example, the dongle and memory card of Soulcalibur 2, because this game requires two at the same time

Conquest mode is pretty fun, but......

The card isn't paired with the dongle.
It's somewhat proprietary and can't be easily reproduced, If you try to put the memory card into a ps2, it will say it’s unformatted.

The data in it is stored as a RAW binary blob which is encrypted with the per card seed.
Meaning that the binary blob for that specific card will only work on the card it came from.

Do not insert in a retail PS2 console, because the binary blob may be deleted if the card is inserted on a normal PS2.