Aller au contenu

Rambo Tutorial touchmote 2 wiimotes and demulshooter in Hyperspin

defre1976

Messages recommandés

Hello ,

My third tutorial to get rambo to work with 2 wiimotes .

What needed dolphin bar and 2 wiimotes offcourse .

Dolphin in mode 4 .

first step

Download touchmote and config like the printscreen .https://ibb.co/QcwnpCv

You see i put this config as default , because there is one problem . How to point out Rambo in touchmote as profile  . Its RamboD.elf . No exe file .

Tried to change elf to exe , but no luck . So if anybody have a solution for this . I want to load my touchmote profile when i start Rambo .

For sega golden gun , no problem , there it works . But Rambo ??

But for now put it as default , so you can test it over hyperspin .

In teknoparrot , config coin on wiimote for minus or plus , start the same . And also for rage button 1 or 2 .

And don't forget to turn off usemouseforgun in settings.

Next in your rambo gamefolder under disk0/elf . create a bat file as follow : Just change the location of your teknoparrot emulator offcourse

@echo on
START DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=rambo

cd "D:\Hyperspin Rocketlauncher\Hyperspin\Emulators\TeknoParrot Rambo"
START TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=Rambo.xml

exit

Next download demulshooter and copy to the gamefolder . https://ibb.co/pdDNdqN

Open Demulshooter with ADMIN rights ( don't forget , otherwise it don't work )

Select your 2 wiimotes for player 1 and player 2 .

In my case its xinput 3 for player 1

and xinput 4 for player 2

Because i have also 2 xbox one controllers

Save this .

Now create a shortcut from demulshooter , and add this string   DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=rambo

https://ibb.co/J274nX9

Go to rocketlauncher and config like this https://ibb.co/TLc8kYS

Don't forget to put appwaitexe demulshooter.exe from rambo gamefolder .

Me i use pclauncher for my teknoparrot games and this works best for me .

If anybody could find a solution for the profile in touchmote . Then i would be happy

Modifié par defre1976

Hi. 

I am not at my set up for a couple of days so going from memory here, but I have one Touchmote profile for the Lindbergh based games. (2Spicy, HOTD4, Let's go Jungle and Rambo) 

I am pretty sure I hook it to the budgie loader.exe (or whatever it is called in TeknoParrot that loads the Lindbergh games) 

Have to set up each game to have same insert coin or freeplay and start buttons for each player (eg Player 1 start always number 1. Player 2 start always 2. Insert coin Player 1 always 5. Insert coin Player 2 always 6) but that's all. 

I don't use Hyperspin however I don't think that will make any difference.

Let me know if works and if not I will check what I have it hooked to when near computer.

Regards

Modifié par Tiberius
Extra info

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hi. 

I am not at my set up for a couple of days so going from memory here, but I have one Touchmote profile for the Lindbergh based games. (2Spicy, HOTD4, Let's go Jungle and Rambo) 

I am pretty sure I hook it to the budgie loader.exe (or whatever it is called in TeknoParrot that loads the Lindbergh games) 

Have to set up each game to have same insert coin or freeplay and start buttons for each player (eg Player 1 start always number 1. Player 2 start always 2. Insert coin Player 1 always 5. Insert coin Player 2 always 6) but that's all. 

I don't use Hyperspin however I don't think that will make any difference.

Let me know if works and if not I will check what I have it hooked to when near computer.

Regards

Hello,

You mean if you start rambo, your touchmote profile start automatic. You will see up in right corner when game start your touchmote profile change. 

I don't mean that you must select your profile with the home button of the wiimote. Because this is another option. 

Me i mean i start up rambo and it change automatic without the home button.

And this don't work for me because the rambo is not an exe file , but a .elf file.

With sega golden gun and transformers it works without problems. 

Try to test it with those games and you see rambo don't work or you make a default profile or you choose your profile with the home button.

Also for transformers its little strange, there i put minus on the wiimote for coin in controls teknoparrot. But don't work when ingame. I know button Q is coins on my keyboard. So i put button Q for minus in touchmote. Then it works. 

Watch out i have azerty keyboard. So for me its bütton A on my keyboard. But touchmote sees your keyboard as Qwerty offcourse.

For operation ghost it was also little tricky with the coin and start. 

Modifié par defre1976

Yep. Whichever game I start on whichever platform automatically switches to its correct Touchmote profile. 

Works for all the Lindberg games as mentioned. Also have it working for Demul emulator . Model 2. Model 3. Taito. Windows. Ringwide. Operation Ghost full screen with direct load (no TeknoParrot or Game Loader All Rh used)  and Mame. 

Each emulator or game has its own Touchmote profile and the whole system is automatic, so I don't have to change anything manually. I use Launchbox as front end and the following happens.

Pick a game using arcade box joystick and buttons

Game starts to load.

Mayflash bar turns on.

Touchmote opens.

Popup on screen telling to connect Wiimotes and a reminder of what each button does.

Demulshooter loads up for specific game

Games loads

Touchmote profile automatically switches to correct profile for emulator or game

Play game

Press Home button on Wii to finish game

Touchmote turns off

Wiibar turns off

Game closes

Demulshooter closes

Back to Launchbox front end ready to pick another game with arcade box still working. 

As an aside I also have the Wiimote set up to use as a steering wheel for racing games. 

Cheers

Modifié par Tiberius
Correction

Oh you have also bat to turn on and off the dolphinbar.

Do you have this alll in one bat? 

But i still don't understand how rambo works then. When i put in touchmote profiler my teknoparrot.exe. touchmote profile loads up, but goes back to default when game start. Because i think teknoparrot closes when game start. 

And what is this , can this be done in launchbox?"Popup on screen telling to connect Wiimotes and a reminder of what each button does."

Or is this your fade in ? 

Modifié par defre1976

Yes mate. 

It all runs via bat's or autohotkeys. Was a proper learning curve to figure it all out.

Let's sort out Rambo issue first and then we can chat about rest if you want. 

Please remember I am not in front of computer so this is from memory. 

In Touchmote when you set up profile you can hook to programme. As you say Rambo is elf and not exe so cannot hook, but Rambo is loading via BUDGIELOADER within TeknoParrot and Budgieloader is a exe. 

So hook the Rambo profile to budgieloader.exe (It is somewhere within the TeknoParrot folder or subfolder) and when you start up Rambo is should automatically change to Rambo profile. Obviously you need to take it off from being default profile to test this. 

I have called my Touchmote profile Lindberg as I use the same profile for all Lindberg based games. 

The popup box is just a very simple autohotkey box that force loads in front of the loading screen and stays there for 10 seconds. It isn't part of Launchbox and it isn't pretty in any way but it just let's me know when to connect wiimotes and what keys do what. Stays on screen for 10 seconds and then disappears. It is set up to stop the game loading in the back ground during this time just to make everything run smoothly. 

Cheers

Modifié par Tiberius
Extra info

THX  , didn't know it about budgieloader.exe , will check this later .

What i am planning to do . My fade in loading screen , i will change by rambo wallpaper , with another layer popping up the wiimote with to let see what is coin , start , shoot ,....

Hyperspin never stop , always config and config to get it even better looking :)

Yep budgieloader.exe did the trick .

first step

So in the first step for your touchmote profile you must use budgieloader.exe in teknoparrot folder like Tiberius said .

for me its D:\Hyperspin Rocketlauncher\Hyperspin\Emulators\TeknoParrot Rambo\TeknoParrot\Budgieloader.exe

Modifié par defre1976

Glad to hear it worked for you. 

As I don't use Hyperspin not sure about the fade in stuff, but I assume that it is like the loading screen in Launchbox/Bigbox. On my system it is a static screen with images and I use autohotkey to make a small window appear with the info.

I use same file for all lightgun games for all emulators as it is part of the routine for bar and touchmote to also work.

I agree with the constant tinkering to make things better and then something goes and gets updated and breaks it all.

• 4 semaines après...
Invité trouby
5 minutes ago, madfakhri20 said:

anyone know why my rambo closed when launch

so i managed to get Bambo working via the RamboD.elf  ,  i was using the 'HD' elf, that doesnt work. so far just small window for me, but it works

Modifié par trouby

Invité trouby
12 minutes ago, madfakhri20 said:

anyone know why my rambo closed when launch

SO I WAS RIGHT USE  RamboD.elf       THEN USE CUSTOM RESOLUTION 

• 3 semaines après...
Le 24.2.2020 à 23:21, defre1976 a dit :

Hello ,

My third tutorial to get rambo to work with 2 wiimotes .

What needed dolphin bar and 2 wiimotes offcourse .

Dolphin in mode 4 .

first step

You see i put this config as default , because there is one problem . How to point out Rambo in touchmote as profile  . Its RamboD.elf . No exe file .

Tried to change elf to exe , but no luck . So if anybody have a solution for this . I want to load my touchmote profile when i start Rambo .

For sega golden gun , no problem , there it works . But Rambo ??

But for now put it as default , so you can test it over hyperspin .

In teknoparrot , config coin on wiimote for minus or plus , start the same . And also for rage button 1 or 2 .

And don't forget to turn off usemouseforgun in settings.

Next in your rambo gamefolder under disk0/elf . create a bat file as follow : Just change the location of your teknoparrot emulator offcourse

@echo on

exit

Next download demulshooter and copy to the gamefolder . https://ibb.co/pdDNdqN

Open Demulshooter with ADMIN rights ( don't forget , otherwise it don't work )

Select your 2 wiimotes for player 1 and player 2 .

In my case its xinput 3 for player 1

and xinput 4 for player 2

Because i have also 2 xbox one controllers

Save this .

Now create a shortcut from demulshooter , and add this string   DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=rambo

https://ibb.co/J274nX9

Go to rocketlauncher and config like this https://ibb.co/TLc8kYS

Don't forget to put appwaitexe demulshooter.exe from rambo gamefolder .

Me i use pclauncher for my teknoparrot games and this works best for me .

If anybody could find a solution for the profile in touchmote . Then i would be happy

hi, can you please upload your bat file for all of this?...i will edit it for my needs, cause i dont use hyperspin and etc, just tekno. 

thanks😎

can someone help me with it?

only demulshooter start, but not tekno.

i made a bat file like this:

START c:\Tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=Rambo.xml

also. i do i save the "hook" in touchmote....the hook line always delete for me when i close touchmote.

this is my bat file

@echo on

exit

Just copy/paste in notepad and save as extension for example rambo.bat

On 7-4-2020 at 16:21, llll55 said:

can someone help me with it?

only demulshooter start, but not tekno.

i made a bat file like this:

also. i do i save the "hook" in touchmote....the hook line always delete for me when i close touchmote.

So for you it should be

@echo on

cd "c:\Tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=Rambo.xml"

exit

il y a une heure, defre1976 a dit :

So for you it should be

@echo onSTART DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=rambo

cd "c:\Tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=Rambo.xml"

exit

its weird...its working for me only like that:

START "demulshooter" DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=rambo
START  "rambo" c:\Tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=Rambo.xml

thanks anyway:)

Hey guys, 

I have done a video tutorial to play rambo and 2 wiimotes. 

If you are interested in. 

Take a look:

@Distance

I am not sure to have understood you very well but, here my answer :

Touchmote software transform your wiimotes to make them seen as xbox360 pads by your computer. 

Invité Jayinem
On 2/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, Tiberius said:

Yes mate. 

It all runs via bat's or autohotkeys. Was a proper learning curve to figure it all out.

Let's sort out Rambo issue first and then we can chat about rest if you want. 

Please remember I am not in front of computer so this is from memory. 

In Touchmote when you set up profile you can hook to programme. As you say Rambo is elf and not exe so cannot hook, but Rambo is loading via BUDGIELOADER within TeknoParrot and Budgieloader is a exe. 

So hook the Rambo profile to budgieloader.exe (It is somewhere within the TeknoParrot folder or subfolder) and when you start up Rambo is should automatically change to Rambo profile. Obviously you need to take it off from being default profile to test this. 

I have called my Touchmote profile Lindberg as I use the same profile for all Lindberg based games. 

The popup box is just a very simple autohotkey box that force loads in front of the loading screen and stays there for 10 seconds. It isn't part of Launchbox and it isn't pretty in any way but it just let's me know when to connect wiimotes and what keys do what. Stays on screen for 10 seconds and then disappears. It is set up to stop the game loading in the back ground during this time just to make everything run smoothly. 

Cheers

How do you hook Rambo profile to BudgieLoader? Please give me steps you or anyone. Thanks

Look at the image in post number 9 on this thread and it shows it.

1 Open Touchmote

2 New key mapping

3 Name it

4 Set up profile

5 Hook to application - 2nd tick box down - tick it - Replace the default text with Budgieloader.exe

6 Close Touchmote 

7 Open Touchmote to check it has saved. 

8 Test it

This key mapping profile will load with games that open with Budgieloader.exe (Lindbergh games) 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:58 PM, ginzu said:

Hey guys, 

I have done a video tutorial to play rambo and 2 wiimotes. 

If you are interested in. 

Take a look:

I followed your method but it didn't work for me.I copied the exact button layout in touch mate and after that I created a .bat file with the text code 

@echo on
START E:\TeknoParrot_1.0.0.140\GAMES\Rambo\disk0\elf --profile=Rambo.xml
exit

then I opened demulshooter as admin and it showed on 2 devices from the list (One my computer mouse and second my wii mote as xbox gamepad),I select xbox pad and then set the buttons as shown saved and exited the demulshooter.

After that I ran the bat script. Opened TP selected Rambo from the list in the settings I ticked custom resolution and used UHD as my resolution and choose fullscreen (and also windowed in my other trial), unchecked "use mouse for gun games" .

Config set start button on keyboard (because it was not accepting my wiimote plus or minus or any of the buttons), saved the config and started the game. it did not respond to my cursor at all and it was simply fixed on the top left corner however fire and reload buttons worked.

Can you guide me? I need help.

Il y a 7 heures, ark216 a dit :

I followed your method but it didn't work for me.I copied the exact button layout in touch mate and after that I created a .bat file with the text code 

@echo on
exit

then I opened demulshooter as admin and it showed on 2 devices from the list (One my computer mouse and second my wii mote as xbox gamepad),I select xbox pad and then set the buttons as shown saved and exited the demulshooter.

After that I ran the bat script. Opened TP selected Rambo from the list in the settings I ticked custom resolution and used UHD as my resolution and choose fullscreen (and also windowed in my other trial), unchecked "use mouse for gun games" .

Config set start button on keyboard (because it was not accepting my wiimote plus or minus or any of the buttons), saved the config and started the game. it did not respond to my cursor at all and it was simply fixed on the top left corner however fire and reload buttons worked.

Can you guide me? I need help.

Hi,

there are too much reasons for your problem:

1) at the time of this writing, Last version of TeknoParrot tested by demulshooter's dev: 1.0.0.287 , so the first thing to do is to check which version you are using. (must be at least this release of tp : 1.0.0.287)

2) I think, demulshooter won't work for a mouse peripheral, you must create 2 virtual xboxpad devices (touchmote > wiimote like a pad) or maybe at least one real xboxpad and one wiimote  as a pad with touchmote software.

3) for me the problem is that your touchmote profile is not good! because  you said that : (because it was not accepting my wiimote plus or minus or any of the buttons), are you sure of the actual layout you are using in touchmote software too?

I have only one layout checked permanently in touchmote when i want to play 2 players games (wiimote as an xboxbad), that way, this layout load automatically. in touchmote how are set your minus and plus button in your layout??,

If this point is Ok, when you go configure your buttons in TP, be sure to have xinput unchecked too! (very important). then, go to controller config and just use each 'plus' button from each wiimotes (the weird part here is that for tp, it looks the same same of input but inputs are really different for each wiimote .

hope it'll help! 

1 hour ago, ginzu said:

Hi,

there are too much reasons for your problem:

1) at the time of this writing, Last version of TeknoParrot tested by demulshooter's dev: 1.0.0.287 , so the first thing to do is to check which version you are using. (must be at least this release of tp : 1.0.0.287)

2) I think, demulshooter won't work for a mouse peripheral, you must create 2 virtual xboxpad devices (touchmote > wiimote like a pad) or maybe at least one real xboxpad and one wiimote  as a pad with touchmote software.

3) for me the problem is that your touchmote profile is not good! because  you said that : (because it was not accepting my wiimote plus or minus or any of the buttons), are you sure of the actual layout you are using in touchmote software too?

I have only one layout checked permanently in touchmote when i want to play 2 players games (wiimote as an xboxbad), that way, this layout load automatically. in touchmote how are set your minus and plus button in your layout??,

If this point is Ok, when you go configure your buttons in TP, be sure to have xinput unchecked too! (very important). then, go to controller config and just use each 'plus' button from each wiimotes (the weird part here is that for tp, it looks the same same of input but inputs are really different for each wiimote .

hope it'll help! 

1) TP is updated to the latest version.

2) Since I own 1 wii mote at this time of writing, my aim to get one wii mote working for now. If that is successful I would also like to try a mouse for Player 2, if using a mouse is possible along with one wii mote for player one then I would like to know how is it achieved.

3) I have created a profile for Lindbergh/Teknoparrot games and have selected "BugieLoader.exe" as hook so that when I start Teknoparrot games it automatically switches to that profile.

But there is one thing that I messed up in Teknoparrot I didn't select xinput (I was using dinput). Now I will try with xinput and let you know.

One last thing I would like to know is that I was told earlier by some forum member that 2 dolphin bars can be used in conjunction with 2 wii motes which will produce better results vs using one dolphin bar for 2 wii motes. How much of this is true?

Thanks for your help and stay in touch.

Modifié par ark216

OK, I hope you will find a solution. 

You are in the right place to ask about 2 dolphin bar. And I totally agree with you that it should be awesome if all emulators and loaders could let us play directly with 2 dolphin bar but... 

I own now 2 mayflash dolphin bar and here some interesting tests I have done already:

This evening I tested 2 wiimotes, each one linked to one different dolphin bar in mode 2. Then, I managed to make them hooked by demulshooter. 

Then first I tried the game frightfearland. I managed to play with 2 wiimotes. But, this game is not a lindbergh or a ringwide game. 

You must know that it work perfectly for mame games and 2 players (even better than a touchmote setup: to avoid because it generate an awful offset). 

All the tests I have made so far with tp and 2 dolphin bar have failed because I was only able to play with player one only. (test with Usemouseforgun too). But tomorow, I will check the tp setting again.. I'm going to sleep now. 

13 hours ago, ginzu said:

OK, I hope you will find a solution. 

You are in the right place to ask about 2 dolphin bar. And I totally agree with you that it should be awesome if all emulators and loaders could let us play directly with 2 dolphin bar but... 

I own now 2 mayflash dolphin bar and here some interesting tests I have done already:

This evening I tested 2 wiimotes, each one linked to one different dolphin bar in mode 2. Then, I managed to make them hooked by demulshooter. 

Then first I tried the game frightfearland. I managed to play with 2 wiimotes. But, this game is not a lindbergh or a ringwide game. 

You must know that it work perfectly for mame games and 2 players (even better than a touchmote setup: to avoid because it generate an awful offset). 

All the tests I have made so far with tp and 2 dolphin bar have failed because I was only able to play with player one only. (test with Usemouseforgun too). But tomorow, I will check the tp setting again.. I'm going to sleep now. 

Ginzu I tested again today and there are a few things that do not make sense.

1) In TP when I want to configure "start" button and "coin" button with the wii mote buttons "+" and "-" respectively it simply does not detect it. Pressing the + button increase the volume of the windows control and - decreases it. What I do not understand is why is it doing such an odd behavior? I have tried with both options (xinput and dinput) the results are sadly the same.

2) Is it necessary to turn on your xbox controller if you have to use a wii mote? 

3) I set my start and coin button om keyboard to play the game. The mouse cursor was stuck in the left corner mostly only occasionally moving a bit to the right but with a lot of stutter. The fire and reload button were working.

4) That .bat file command I use is as follows:

@echo on
exit

Are the commands ok?

5) I am using 4K resolution I hope that should not be a problem for Rambo or any other game?

Modifié par ark216

1 hour ago, ark216 said:

Ginzu I tested again today and there are a few things that do not make sense.

1) In TP when I want to configure "start" button and "coin" button with the wii mote buttons "+" and "-" respectively it simply does not detect it. Pressing the + button increase the volume of the windows control and - decreases it. What I do not understand is why is it doing such an odd behavior? I have tried with both options (xinput and dinput) the results are sadly the same.

2) Is it necessary to turn on your xbox controller if you have to use a wii mote? 

3) I set my start and coin button om keyboard to play the game. The mouse cursor was stuck in the left corner mostly only occasionally moving a bit to the right but with a lot of stutter. The fire and reload button were working.

4) That .bat file command I use is as follows:

@echo on
exit

Are the commands ok?

5) I am using 4K resolution I hope that should not be a problem for Rambo or any other game?

Are you trying to do this with the bar on mode 4 and wiimote as an xbox controller or mode 2 and as a mouse? As you have been mentioning both 

1)+ and - act as Windows volume buttons when bar in mode 1(multi media status) as explained in wiibar instruction leaflet. 

2)Nope. 2 wiimotes working here and I don't own an xbox. 

3)Because it isn't set up correctly. 

4)Not the same as mine. Does it direct load Demulshooter Rambo hidden window and direct load Rambo game? But as this is last step makes more sense to get working before trying to make a bat file otherwise hard to find the error or errors. 

5)No idea on that one. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Are you trying to do this with the bar on mode 4 and wiimote as an xbox controller or mode 2 and as a mouse? As you have been mentioning both 

1)+ and - act as Windows volume buttons when bar in mode 1(multi media status) as explained in wiibar instruction leaflet. 

2)Nope. 2 wiimotes working here and I don't own an xbox. 

3)Because it isn't set up correctly. 

4)Not the same as mine. Does it direct load Demulshooter Rambo hidden window and direct load Rambo game? But as this is last step makes more sense to get working before trying to make a bat file otherwise hard to find the error or errors. 

5)No idea on that one. 

1) Mode 4.

2) Got it.

3) I followed the instructions provided on this very thread.

(a) First I turn on touch mote software (it already has my profile saved),

(b) then I check demulshooter,after that I launch the .bat file.

(c) Once that is done I open TP and this is where the problem begins. I go to the config and let us say I want to assign + and - as "start" and "coin" buttons that does not happen if I press the + button my windows volume control comes into action. Which means for some weird reason my wii mote is not being detected in TP! ( I tried with xinput and dinput both). So I have to assign the those start and coin buttons on a keyboard.

(d) Then I start the game (my touch mote profile gets loaded I see it in top right corner of the screen) but after that i notice that in the game the motion controls are not working properly (even if the fire and reload are working).

After all of this I decided to test dolphin bar in mode 2 and selected "mouse for gun games options" in TP surprisingly Rambo had motion controls working and fire button but the Rage mode was not working on any other buttons (1,2, or A in this case).

Then I tried Transformer HA same method and it worked except for the quicktime event button it never worked.

But I want to use touch mote for now because I want to be vibration which doesn't work in mode 2.

I hope I have explained it to you on detail and am looking forward for your suggestions.

Peace Out.

Hey my friend @ark216,

You must definitively buy another mayflash dolphin bar! 

It works perfectly! 

I'will give a more precise feedback after more new tests. :very-good:

1 hour ago, ginzu said:

Hey my friend @ark216,

It works perfectly! 

Great. I actually have 2 mayflash bars. All I need is an another wii mote. This whole COVID-19 thing has shutdown the whole marketplace in my region. Else I would have acquired it immediately.

1 hour ago, ginzu said:

Hey my friend @ark216,

It works perfectly! 

One another thing if you using 2 bars are they set in Mode 2? That would mean no FFB on wii mote?

you will have to use them in mode 2.