Aller au contenu

Using Nintendo Wiimote with emulators (great for gun games)

sky2310

Messages recommandés

Hi guys,

As many of you know, I love on-rail light gun games like The House of the Dead, Time Crisis, Virtual Cop, Haunted Museum and the list goes on.

Unfortunately where I live it is very hard to import light guns from overseas due to the "impersonation of firearms" laws and getting something like those Aimtrak guns through local retailers is rare as hens' teeth!

So I have been resorting to pairing the Nintendo Wiimotes with MAME and playing them on my Wii games collection and it does it's job. Nothing like the real Namco Guncons etc but they are good enough but the Wii and MAME only had a handful of worthy gun games to play and I want to now try to pair the Wiimote with Sony Playstation 1, 2 and 3 emulators to access other great light gun game titles but am tried everything and they simply do not work. I have tried using Lilypad, Nuvee, Touchmote and using my Dolphin Infrared Bar and nothing seems to work. I can move the mouse cursor around but the click buttons don't register as mouse clicks so it won't work.

My last hope is to ask for your help. If you have managed to pair this with anything besides the Dolphin emulator (Wii/game cube games) and MAME (classic arcade games) with the Dolphin Infrared Bar (stand alone accessory), please share with me and others how you got it to work with step-by-step instructions.

To start things off here are how to use the Wiimote to play light gun games on MAME and the Dolphin emulators.

Touchmote software (free): http://touchmote.net/

Dolphin infrared bar accessory: https://www.amazon.com.au/Mayflash-W010-Wireless-Sensor-DolphinBar/dp/B00HZWEB74

MAME arcade emulator (you need Touchmote software and a Dolphin/Sensor bar standalone software): 

Dolphin Wii emulator (you need a Dolphin/Sensor bar standalone software): 

Using the Touchmote software and utilising the Dolphin Bar IR:

Hi, 

Noobiemu on Youtube has made good wiimote tutorials like these one:

On my spare time, I also tried to make 2 wiimotes working together. 

You will need demulshooter to make all this work together. 

Actually, I succeed to play 2 wiimotes perfectly with touchmote but the software is really unstable for me. So, I had looked to another solution and I found winusoft/wiinupro. 

I haven't enough time now to explain but I had some trouble to calibrate the wiimote correctly on this software. 

But this seem to be a good replacement for touchmote. 

If you play with only one wiimote, touchmote seem to work perfectly o. The other hand. 

I would like to make tutorial, but first, I need to make the wiimotes to work properly each time I start my pc. Unfortunately, this is not the case yet. 

2 hours ago, ginzu said:

Hi, 

Actually, I succeed to play 2 wiimotes perfectly with touchmote but the software is really unstable for me. So, I had looked to another solution and I found winusoft/wiinupro. 

I haven't enough time now to explain but I had some trouble to calibrate the wiimote correctly on this software. 

If you play with only one wiimote, touchmote seem to work perfectly o. The other hand. 

I would like to make tutorial, but first, I need to make the wiimotes to work properly each time I start my pc. Unfortunately, this is not the case yet. 

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely look into it. 

But if you have time, please do make a tutorial showing what you did to hook up 1 wiimote to other emulators. I have tried so hard with no luck and only need 1 wiimote is fine.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi @sky2310

Here, I found a very good tuto for playing m2 emulator with 2 wiimotes with touchmote and demulshooter. 

If it may help you: 

2 hours ago, ginzu said:

Hi @sky2310

Here, I found a very good tuto for playing m2 emulator with 2 wiimotes with touchmote and demulshooter. 

If it may help you: 

Hey buddy thanks for this link but I’ve seen it before. Yes it works with this emulator but I’m more keen on Ps 1,2 & 3 emulators. I cannot seem to get the Wiimote to hookup correctly.

14 hours ago, emulor said:

Use google translator:

https://insertmorecoins.es/foro/ps2/utilizar-wiimote-para-juegos-de-pistola/

Hey buddy, much appreciated but I already tried this plugin with no luck and the posts in that link also talks about not successfully getting it to work also. 

I guess we have to wait until this emulator adds lightguns like MAME. Thanks all the same!

Dolphin bar mode 2 acts as mouse I think but not accurate at all. 

I got the aimtrak gun after and it’s better if you don’t move about. But check out sindenLightgun.com he’s doing a kickstarter and the gun is 100% accurate Any angle or swapping user to use it height etc. I’m going to sign up when I get paid Tuesday. Will be like real thing. Check out the vids and invest money in that 

6 hours ago, Bigfraz5 said:

Dolphin bar mode 2 acts as mouse I think but not accurate at all. 

I got the aimtrak gun after and it’s better if you don’t move about. But check out sindenLightgun.com he’s doing a kickstarter and the gun is 100% accurate Any angle or swapping user to use it height etc. I’m going to sign up when I get paid Tuesday. Will be like real thing. Check out the vids and invest money in that 

Hi buddy, thanks for the info.

To be quite honest, I quite link the Wiimote/Dolphin Bar setup so not in any rush for anything new although the Sinden idea does sound promising.

Have you had any luck pairing the Wiimote with any PlayStation emulators and if so, how did you do it? Mouse mode works ok with Arcade games that uses the mouse and MAME works fine. But I want to play on Ps emulators.

I'm trying to make Wiimote work with PCSX... I can use Wiimouse like lightgun (with my EMS TopGun lightgun bar) but not with Touchmote (unistall it).
What I do:
- Install my bluetooth adapter driver.
- Install ViGEmBus driver from WiimoteHook (Google it and run like Administrator)
- Instal WiinRemote_v2007.1.13 (Google it) This is better than touchmote with too many options, change to IR Sensor on options, enable cursor On/Off to use native cursor
- Install PCSX Emulator
- Follow instructions to install nuvee plugin from here: forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151385.0
- On step 2: 1) choose DirectInput on HID Mouse API
- Do not follow step 2: 2)

Wiimote Lightgun now work with PCSX, I need more time to calibrate and assign buttons, but that is the way.

Hope someone can join this and help others.

7 hours ago, emulor said:

I'm trying to make Wiimote work with PCSX... I can use Wiimouse like lightgun (with my EMS TopGun lightgun bar) but not with Touchmote (unistall it).
What I do:
- Install my bluetooth adapter driver.
- Install ViGEmBus driver from WiimoteHook (Google it and run like Administrator)
- Instal WiinRemote_v2007.1.13 (Google it) This is better than touchmote with too many options, change to IR Sensor on options, enable cursor On/Off to use native cursor
- Install PCSX Emulator
- Follow instructions to install nuvee plugin from here: forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151385.0
- On step 2: 1) choose DirectInput on HID Mouse API
- Do not follow step 2: 2)

Wiimote Lightgun now work with PCSX, I need more time to calibrate and assign buttons, but that is the way.

Hope someone can join this and help others.

Thanks pal. Sounds good. 

Would you be kind enough to make a short video of this? Would help many people out a lot!

• 6 mois après...

Please, can anyone advise how to set up the Demulshooter to charge the gun off the screen?

Nebula M2 emulator

House of Te Death
Virtua cop1,2

I can't come in long:furax:

I use: Demulshoter, Touchmote,

I don't have Aimtrak, just wiimote and sensor bar

Charging in other emulators - Demul, supermodel etc, off-screen only works with Nebula M2 emulator - not

I found a video but there uses Aimtrak gun and software utility

Does anyone know how to set it up in Demulshoter?

3 hours ago, sonic323 said:

Please, can anyone advise how to set up the Demulshooter to charge the gun off the screen?

Nebula M2 emulator

House of Te Death
Virtua cop1,2

I can't come in long:furax:

I use: Demulshoter, Touchmote,

I don't have Aimtrak, just wiimote and sensor bar

Charging in other emulators - Demul, supermodel etc, off-screen only works with Nebula M2 emulator - not

I found a video but there uses Aimtrak gun and software utility

Does anyone know how to set it up in Demulshoter?

What I suggest is you map the reload button to the second mouse button and then link that to the top button on the Wiimote. If you have a gunshell for the Wiimote, there will be two triggers - one to shoot and one to reload which works a treat for gun games that require a reload function. If you specifically want to reload by shooting off screen like in the arcade, I'm afraid this is not possible as there are no sensors in the actual gun to allow for this to occur (as far as I know anyway). You just need to use Touchmote and Dolphin Bar on Mode 2 - mouse emulation. 

Example of the gunshell type: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SILVER-Quick-Shot-Plus-light-Gun-Dual-Trigger-BLASTER-for-Nintendo-Wii-MIB-MINT/174065364954?hash=item28871aafda:g:SNQAAOSw63tdqfvR

1 hour ago, sonic323 said:

Thank you for your response;)

For charging using (A button on Wiimote)

Too bad, Demulshoter doesn't have this feature (reloads off screen):triste:

It would be exactly like a passage

Thank you 

You're welcome buddy! Yeah, the original game allows this because there is a sensor in the actual gun that communicates with the game. The Wiimote/Dolphin Bar setup is great but it only has motion sensors and buttons to rely on. 

Honestly, after a while, I actually prefer using the secondary button to reload especially with the Gun shell mentioned above makes it feel authentic.

Try this out and let me know what you think.

• 2 mois après...
On 19/04/2019 at 10:42 AM, ginzu said:

Hi, 

If you have 2 dolphin bars will that solve the problem?

Il y a 2 heures, ark216 a dit :

If you have 2 dolphin bars will that solve the problem?

i think we could get the answer if we ask this question to @sky2310, I think he's got  two mayflash dolphin bar.

i 've got only one of these dolphinbar from my side.

hope he confirm that ! :very-good:

• 4 semaines après...

Found this for PCSX2

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=160807.0

I have managed to get it working for the game versions I have. It does still only allow 1 player at the moment, so much the same as Wiibar in mode 2 I imagine, but someone with more understanding and intellegance might be able to do something with it to make it work for 2 player?

Games that can be played are below. It is VERY SPECIFIC-wrong version does not work)

Time crisis2(SLUS_202.19)   - Got and working 
Time crisis3(SCAJ_200.60)  - Not got
Crisis zone(SCES_525.30) - Got and working
Virtua Cop Re-Birth(SLPM_622.05) Not got
Ninja Assault(SLPS_202.18) Not got
Vampire Night(SLUS_202.21) Got and working
Silent Scope 1(SLES_500.37) Got and working
Silent Scope 2 - Fatal Judgement(SLES_502.84) Got and not working

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Found this for PCSX2

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=160807.0

I have managed to get it working for the game versions I have. It does still only allow 1 player at the moment, so much the same as Wiibar in mode 2 I imagine, but someone with more understanding and intellegance might be able to do something with it to make it work for 2 player?

Games that can be played are below. It is VERY SPECIFIC-wrong version does not work)

Time crisis2(SLUS_202.19)   - Got and working 
Time crisis3(SCAJ_200.60)  - Not got
Crisis zone(SCES_525.30) - Got and working
Virtua Cop Re-Birth(SLPM_622.05) Not got
Ninja Assault(SLPS_202.18) Not got
Vampire Night(SLUS_202.21) Got and working
Silent Scope 1(SLES_500.37) Got and working
Silent Scope 2 - Fatal Judgement(SLES_502.84) Got and not working

Thanks for the info, I hope someone can figure out 2 player wii mote solution to these games mentioned above.

• 1 mois après...

Guys I have finally acquired mayflash dolphin bar (2 actually) but have one wiimote controller for now to play guns games of Teknoparrot and other emulators. I read the demulshooter guide but in all honesty it is not very user friendly. Can someone tell me step-by-step as to how to get my wii mote working as a light gun in teknoparrot (as well as other emulators). I have downloaded he touchmate software as well. Your guidance and help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 4 semaines après...

Read the following. 

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/34653-guide-cheap-arcade-light-guns-with-touchemote/

I started off with this and it's really helpful.

The thread goes on to talk about more than just Mame including Supermodel 3 set up. 

Not sure if you use Mame or have got that working.... If not its an extra bonus as you can find out about that at the same time. 

I don't have any videos or such as I prefer text to follow and as said this got it working for me. 

Hope it helps.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Read the following. 

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/34653-guide-cheap-arcade-light-guns-with-touchemote/

I started off with this and it's really helpful.

The thread goes on to talk about more than just Mame including Supermodel 3 set up. 

Not sure if you use Mame or have got that working.... If not its an extra bonus as you can find out about that at the same time. 

I don't have any videos or such as I prefer text to follow and as said this got it working for me. 

Hope it helps.

Tried to configure mame yesterday to play Time Crisis, so far it worked gonna test more mame games.If you write a guide here to run Supermodel 3 for wiimotes that would be nice.

• 1 mois après...

Hi, i'm trying to get this work, seems i can't make programs recon my Wiimote, tryed Touchmote, WiinRemote, WiinUSoft/Pro
nothing.
i relly dunno if it's cause of BT dongle or Compatible Wiimotes are not compatible with these programs (strange, as BT is BT.. )

Any help ?

Thank you

Il y a 8 heures, Anjiro76 a dit :

Hi, i'm trying to get this work, seems i can't make programs recon my Wiimote, tryed Touchmote, WiinRemote, WiinUSoft/Pro
nothing.
i relly dunno if it's cause of BT dongle or Compatible Wiimotes are not compatible with these programs (strange, as BT is BT.. )

Any help ?

Thank you

Hello, 

First off, 

What is your hardware? 

Do you have just a Bluetooth USB dongle or do you have the mayflash dolphin bar? 

If you just have a USB Bluetooth + an USB dolphin bar, 

The first operation is to sync your wiimotes with you Operating system (windows). 

Beware : avoid other PC  Bluetooth too close like on another pc. (I had this issue one day). 

To sync your wiimotes you can go to peripherals and printers pannel on windows and look for add a device. 

This link should help you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15290/windows-connect-bluetooth-device

Hi,
Windows 10 , BT Dongle + random bar..
and yes, i did that, but wiimote can't be found..

Staying on BT Dongle..... windows recon it  as "Dongle" in " Other devices"

Still, a BT incon appear on the app bar and it's ON (blue)

At this point, Touchmote can't find the BT dongle to make a search for Wiimote, the other programs do nothing

Modifié par Anjiro76

UPDATE

Managed to make Windows recon the bluetooth properly

Now, i read in the Touchmote page that not all BT dongles are compatible... still need to understand
if not compatible with Touchmote itself (who cares) or in general with Wiimote controllers..
And again, it say that not all Wiimote controllers are fine... must be older that 2011 O_o
Still, not ok with Tocuhmote or at all ? ....... can't see if both BT Dongle and Wiimote are SHEET or one of the 2 only XD

Modifié par Anjiro76

16 minutes ago, Anjiro76 said:

UPDATE

Managed to make Windows recon the bluetooth properly

Now, i read in the Touchmote page that not all BT dongles are compatible... still need to understand
if not compatible with Touchmote itself (who cares) or in general with Wiimote controllers..
And again, it say that not all Wiimote controllers are fine... must be older that 2011 O_o
Still, not ok with Tocuhmote or at all ? ....... can't see if both BT Dongle and Wiimote are SHEET or one of the 2 only XD

To avoid any configuration problems, I recommend you to buy a Mayflash dolphin bar.

2 ore fa, SuperMagoAlex ha scritto:

To avoid any configuration problems, I recommend you to buy a Mayflash dolphin bar.

thanks, but i'll try with normal BT Dongle first as it MUST works... Dolph bar costs too much (from where i live)
and still don't understand if my Wiimote will have same issue with Touchmote and other programs making dolphin bar or whatever useless

it's rly frustranting as more infos i find.... a guy selling the Mayflash bar says "u can use Wii remote plus controller " ...... so.. PLUS only or normal ones too ?

Can't find any full guide on what works and what not :\

Even if i buy the Dolph bar....... will my "compatible wiimote" (no plus, no original) works ?

Modifié par Anjiro76

As recommended by @SuperMagoAlex, the mayflash dolphin bar is the best solution because Bluetooth is integrated in it.

In your case, the first thing to do is not touchmote. 

You must have your wiimote recognized by windows through a Bluetooth device first. 

Maybe try another Bluetooth dongle. 

And regarding touchmote, they recommand to use a wiimote made before 2011 yes.