Aller au contenu

1080p Fullscreen?

SpyHunter

Messages recommandés

Always runs in center of my display (65 Inch TV connected to PC) Tried all kinds of settings, but no luck. Changed both my Windows 10 desktop and Graphics card output (GTX 1060) to 1080p 30Hz refresh and verified. AspyrConfig.xml configured for 1920x1080.

Thanks to OP and in advance of any possible suggestions. On that note, poss to to run at even higher res?

13 hours ago, SpyHunter said:

Always runs in center of my display (65 Inch TV connected to PC) Tried all kinds of settings, but no luck. Changed both my Windows 10 desktop and Graphics card output (GTX 1060) to 1080p 30Hz refresh and verified. AspyrConfig.xml configured for 1920x1080.

Thanks to OP and in advance of any possible suggestions. On that note, poss to to run at even higher res?

This thread will get deleted no doubt, but for what it's worth...you shouldn't be connecting a PC to a TV in the first place as most TV's don't sync up right and their display output (won't get into the technical stuff here) are not high enough so in most cases it will be somewhat blurry. 

To change custom resolutions, you must go into your GPU's control panel and setup a new custom profile. Usually it should detect your TV as either by the name if it's a recognised brand or something like Generic HD TV or something like this...choose it and add a custom profile to it and apply the custom resolution. 

Good luck!

7 hours ago, SpyHunter said:

It's actually a Sony XBR X900e, which is one of the lowest latency LCD's out there and was ranked as top gaming display in 2017. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond, though.

No worries, like I said just set up a new resolution profile for your TV. If it's a Sony then that's good as most likely Windows will pick it right up.

Invité linglang

@SpyHunter

It is a 4K TV according to the specifications.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x900e-series/specifications

3840x2160 resolution.

Connected with HDMI ?

TV and GPU / PC should communicate with each other.

As far as I can tell, all you did, undo it !

Well, some game have a .ini, .xml .txt .bin or .cfg file where you can edit the resolution to run the game at.

Most of those files are very small, just a few KiloByte, you can edit it with notepad.

As a example: Let's Go Island.

I posted many more tutorials in the TUTO section.

http://www.emuline.org/forum/5-tuto/

Some games, as a example Mario Kart, gives a wrong resolution GUI in the top left, but the game runs full screen at 4K @ 60 Hz.

Do not go higher than 60 Hz, because some games run out of sync (sound / music / screen) or to fast. (Homura)

Use the Vsync function in NVIDIA control panel for that. (per game)

At 2:35, 5:40, 9:02 !!

Otherwise, some games can be loaded with GameLoader All RH (in conjunction with TeknoParrot) 

Sometimes / maybe there you can set game internal render and monitor resolutions to use,

but remember some games will not load with "out of range" settings.

For example Groove Coaster 2 Heavenly Festival runs in tate mode (vertical) 720x1280 internally !

https://ibb.co/jyqrp0B

I doubt you can, or want to turn your 65" TV easily vertical for just a few games. 

Raiden 3 / 4 and other shmup / bullet hell games.

Most games at the time, ran at a HD Ready 1280x720 / 1366x768 or maybe at Full HD 1920x1080 resolutions,

some older games even at 640x480 (4:3 format)

Good luck getting games with low resolutions to work on a 4K screen.

Upscale function in the TV ? 

From 1920x1080 game signal to 3840x2160 TV native resolution.

RTFM

I hope this helps.

@trouby Maybe he could help you out, he runs his games at 4K, ask nicely maybe he can help, I have no 4K monitor / TV.

So, I can not test it, nor help you out.:gene:

p.s.

What is this AspyrConfig.xml file you edited, for what purpose ?

Modifié par linglang