Aller au contenu

Hide Mouse Cursor in Games and Emulators

ducon2016

Messages recommandés

Plein de jeux PC et d'emulateurs ou loaders ne cachent pas le pointeur de la souris. Pour y remedier utilisez nomousy: http://omolini.steptail.com/files/win95/tools/nomousy1.5.zip

1. En ligne de commande ou dans votre script pour cacher le pointeur: nomousy.exe /hide

2. Lancez votre jeu/loader/emulateur

3. Pour faire reapparaitre le pointeur de la souris: nomousy.exe (oui sans options)

4. Tuez le processus sinon ca marche pas de script en script: taskkill /im nomousy.exe /f

Modifié par ducon2016

• 3 mois après...

Another solution to make your mouse hiding problems being a thing of the past, is a smart combination of...

1) an appropriate program you'll find here:

https://www.daanav.com/mouse-cursor-software-for-windows/

...and 2) a "blank mouse cursor" file you then can embed into the above mentionend software:

http://www.jholjhaal.com/hide-mouse-cursor-on-windows-with-mouse-pointer-scheme/

It's as much as a cursor can be hidden as an invisible shadow within your personal Windows OS. :-)

• 1 mois après...
  • 5 mois après...
On 12/30/2018 at 2:08 AM, Moksi said:

Windows 7 64 bit professional

I looked into it, but need more info:

1. Are you using Aero as default or your turned it off?

2. Can you check what is the registry key for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors\Arrow? mine is %SystemRoot%\cursors\aero_arrow.cur

As a good and simple alternative you can also use AutoHotKey to move the cursor out of the screen.

For exemple you can launch GGXrd with a script like that:

#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
Run, BootGGXrd.exe
Sleep, 5000
MouseMove, 4000, 0, 0
ExitAPP

It just launches the game, waits 5 secondes, moves the cursor at 4000 pixels to the right and closes.

It can be changed easilly to work with any game by changing the exe name and the timer value (5s is a long time) :)

It's very simple and works well. Also there is no additionnal process in the background and your mouse cursor is still working.

You just have to install AutoHotKey, put the script in a text file in ".ahk" format in your game directory and launch it instead of your game.

Edit : I edited my script to make it more safe by removing the application check. So it can't be blocked if you made a mistake.

Modifié par Houb

3 hours ago, ducon2016 said:

I looked into it, but need more info:

1. Are you using Aero as default or your turned it off?

2. Can you check what is the registry key for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors\Arrow? mine is %SystemRoot%\cursors\aero_arrow.cur

CHecked i have this structure -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors\Stream      (seems the only folder in there)

8 hours ago, Houb said:

As a good and simple alternative you can also use AutoHotKey to move the cursor out of the screen.

For exemple you can launch GGXrd with a script like that:

#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
Run, BootGGXrd.exe
Sleep, 5000
MouseMove, 4000, 0, 0
ExitAPP

It just launches the game, waits 5 secondes, moves the cursor at 4000 pixels to the right and closes.

It can be changed easilly to work with any game by changing the exe name and the timer value (5s is a long time) :)

It's very simple and works well. Also there is no additionnal process in the background and your mouse cursor is still working.

You just have to install AutoHotKey, put the script in a text file in ".ahk" format in your game directory and launch it instead of your game.

Edit : I edited my script to make it more safe by removing the application check. So it can't be blocked if you made a mistake.

Thanks for sharing the script. That will work well for most games indeed. Some games re-center the mouse unfortunately, or dynamically change the cursor. For those you need more intrusive things like nomousy or what I shared, but for most cases your script is perfect.

I actually have included the hide/restore mouse functionality in x360kb and hooked the setcursor functions to protect against games dynamically updating the cursor.

8 hours ago, Moksi said:

CHecked i have this structure -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors\Stream      (seems the only folder in there)

That is the problem. What do you have keys do you have in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors? If none can you create one called Arrow of type REG_EXPAND_SZ and set %SystemRoot%\cursors\aero_arrow.cur  for value? Then the restore will work.

I will look into other ways to restore the default cursor to address your issue.

Modifié par ducon2016

22 hours ago, Moksi said:

I updated it. Can you download again from the same post above and try again to restore and let me know if it works better this time? If it is not available in the registry at this location I am getting it from a different place.

23 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

I updated it. Can you download again from the same post above and try again to restore and let me know if it works better this time? If it is not available in the registry at this location I am getting it from a different place.

i click the hide&restore.7z but the link isnt working

• 5 mois après...
  • 7 mois après...
  • 2 mois après...
On 25/12/2018 at 6:47 AM, ducon2016 said:

Nomousy a des problemes de temps en temps donc j'ai fais deux outils en ligne de commande plus simples et plus previsibles pour le remplacer: HideMouse.exe et RestoreMouse.exe

HideRestoreMouse.7z

When Game Loader first starts up the game it loads/flashes the mouse cursor is it possible to hide this too?

Modifié par wallmachine

• 1 an après...

Bonsoir,

moi j'aimerais justement connaitre une alternative inverse; a savoir : y-a-t-il un procédé qui permets de créer et de rendre visible un viseur pour les jeux qui n'en propose pas?

je m'explique mieux:en effet, je sais que c'est un ''sacrilège'', un incoffort etc, mais je n'ai pas de Gun. Voilà. Juste un pad. Et un jeu comme Haunted Museum (que je trouve au passage bien foutu), ne propose pas de réticule

(a l'instar d'un Rambo ou d'un Sega Golden Gun par exemple). Au gun , sans réticule c'est mieux, mais au pad, avoir un réticule, c’est mieux aussi^^

Par la même occasion, j'avais tester une application dont le nom m'échappe (''CrossOver'' je pense). Ce petit soft de création de crosshair est pas mal sauf qu'il ne suit pas correctement le point de tir original du jeu;

plus on le fait voyager dans le jeu...plus il se ''décalle'' du point de tir original. Pas synchro.

Merci d'avance pour vos lumières sur ce point. Je vous en serais TRES reconnaissant.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I would like to know a reverse alternative; namely: is there a process that allows to create and make visible a viewfinder for games that does not offer any?
I can explain myself better: indeed, I know it’s a 'sacrilege', an incoffort etc, but I don’t have a Gun. That’s it. Just a pad. And a game like Haunted Museum (which I find in passing well fucked), does not offer a reticle
(like a Rambo or a Sega Golden Gun for example). To the gun, without crosshairs it’s better, but to the pad, to have a crosshairs, it’s better also

At the same time, I had tested an application whose name escapes me ('CrossOver', I think). This little crosshair creation app is not bad except that it does not correctly follow the original shooting point of the game;

the more you make it travel in the game...the more it 'shifts' from the original shooting point. Not synchro.

Thank you in advance for your insights on this point. I would be VERY grateful.