I think there is a reload but I will have to take a look later. I am not currently at home so I cant check it out.
From what i remember reading, upping the resolution does break cutscenes. Shouldn't break levels though.
This is taken from assemblergames where I first remember hearing about silent hill some years back:
- good about 480p:
- - all the video cut-scenes are correct size and good looking
- - 480p is 4:3, so the game anyway will force 4:3 mode, you can set up your display monitor to 4:3 mod too, will look cool on CRT monitor.
- bad about 480p:
- - in-game text font and picture quality is extremely low and dirty pixel looking (on LCD)
4. my custom settings for 720p and more, start "Game Loader Config.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe" and do exactly this:
if you want different resolution than this, you can replace all "1280x720" to any your resolution, but be careful, don't replace all of the numbers, not all of them is resolution settings.
- good about my settings 720p:
- - Best possible (i hope so) quality of in-game font text on big LCD monitor and a little better 3d graphics (not much better)
- - more stable fps then on default settings (look on screen upper, i was changing some... from "old" to "new" dot with something... thing, idk, but it works more stable)
- - fps timer is disabled
- bad about my settings 720p:
- - videos and cut-scenes are glitchy, they will play not good (worst, then on 480p), you can't see videos clearly on high resolutions.
- - If you have Low-Spec PC System (portable pc), maybe game will lag, maybe not. need more tests
- - anyway game running in 4:3 only, so it's will not looks great on widescreen