5a7h8e3vc7yw

ARTAX TTX3 MEGA MULTI - Taito Type X3 Multi - [JVS] [FASTIO] [1080p] [v3BETA] OBSOLETE VERSION

8 hours ago, darkgunsou86 said:

I didn't change the Nvidia settings initially. But when I run Battle Fantasia, the screen is small. I had a feeling something is not right in the Nvidia control panel.

When I opened it, it was set to 4K. I didn't set it to 4K. The TTX3 image detected my 4K TV and set it by itself. I had to manually set it to 1080p. after that, battle fantasia is full screen.

To be clear, now the TTX3 Nvidia settings is 1080p not 4K. My 4KTV can display 1080p no problem.

The Display Scaling was also set to Display. I read the readme and it said to set it to GPU so I manually set it to GPU.

What are the custom settings for Lets Go Island and Operation GHOST? I check and see if my settings are different. If they are different, I will set it to your settings and see if the games work properly with the changed settings.

Thank you for clarifying this.

It should work then. Leave the scaling set to GPU. If this was reset, then it seems that somehow the nvidia settings have been reset. The custom resolution may have been dropped for some reason. Did you change the default hardware video card at any time? See below.

You need to make sure the custom resolution of 1024 x 600 @ 60hz is in your NVIDIA control panel. By default this resolution is not in the system. It is on the multi image though. Check the custom resolutions on the change resolution screen in Nvidia control panel. If it's not there then add it as a custom resolution. If you swap video cards, it seems to drop the custom resolutions.

After you add that resolution, test it to make sure your TV can display this resolution, it's a bit of a strange resolution, but both of those games only run at that res. Make sure the Jconfig has dx9 wrapper still enabled and 1024x600 is the resolution set for that game. If you didn't touch the jconfig in the games folder then you won't need to check that. I'd say it's the nvidia control panel settings that have dropped the resolution it needs.

@GTO77

IGS PGM full set will be in the next release.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom still has a minor stutter every now and then on the 680 video card. We think this is probably caused by the slower memory subsystem on the older I5 CPU and dolphin requiring a faster CPU/MEMORY setup. It's not a big deal, just every now and then when the larger graphical super moves happen, it sometimes pauses for about half a second. Otherwise the game plays perfectly on the 660 and the 680.

Bit late to the party on this one but thought I would add my experience too as I'm curious if anyone else runs an i7-2600. 

HARDWARE: TTX3 Model 404 i72600/8Gram/660gtx video card

IO: JVS JAMMA 938-13683-93 REV B (with @murray fix above)

SFV Test: Fail; Average 51fps

SFV: Seems ok to be honest. Frame drop in supers but otherwise it seemed really stable

Fighting Layer: I didn't notice any slowdown but I've never played an original

Mario: Seemed ok too. I didn't really notice any slowdown but played for all of 5 minutes. 

I got an X3 that was DOA and needed a new cpu and had an i7. Not advocating for the upgrade but I am curious if other people have tried it. 

Just finally thank you to everyone who has worked to put this together. Amazing setup! 

There's some buggy stuff going on with this forum lately, 1 in 5 logins i get logged in as someone else....

Anyways, i also have a unit with an i7 2600. I've done a bunch of testing with that cpu vs the orignal I5, and it really doesn't make any difference. The video card upgrade is what makes the difference. I still use the one with the i7 2600 as my main unit though :). Would I buy another i7 to upgrade my machines? Of course, it cost me around 30usd for the CPU upgrade. Why not!

SF5 runs ok on the 660gtx, in the secret stage and the bonus stage it grinds to a crawl though. Most other stages are well playable. Fighting layer runs like crap on my 660gtx unit. It runs fine on the 680/780.

I replaced the thermal paste on the stock 660GTX and i5 2400 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

The fan noise is already reduced to the lowest available in the BIOS so the only difference is that it might not ramp up that much when playing intensive games. Can't really say for sure.

Fighting EX Layer starts a bit sluggish but can be playable most of the time. the sluggishness only comes back once in a while. the fan does ramp up for less than a second at some interval continuously and expels warm air. maybe the thermal paste helps with thermal throttling that reduces the game performance?

Where can I find an i7 2600 at 30USD? Ebay is selling for around 70+USD. Doesn't replacing the CPU with i7 2600 help with MAME emulation? there's some screen tearing.

I recall reading about MAME using the CPU more than GPU and a beefier GPU doesn't help with game performance. Is there anyway to use/add cheats to MAME?

I enabled the cheat option but can't seem to access any menu while in-game.

Operation GHOST and Let's Go Island now works when I added the custom resolution.

Spica Adventure for TTX still doesn't work but TTX2 version works so I don't really mind.

I saw the Yatagarasu game is in the image but it's not selectable in the frontend.

I proceed to try out the 3 problem games. blade arcus first. it keeps returning to the menu.

then i tried SNK Heroine. it keeps returning to the menu. then i tried KOF14. the first time, it returned to the menu. on the 2nd try, it launched.

I then went and tried SNK Heroine. it finally launched. lastly I tried Blade Arcus. It launched. I think once KOF14 is successfully launched, it will let the other 2 games launch. something is tied to KOF14. It's a weird issue.

Edited by darkgunsou86

the only way to play ps3 games on a pc hardware such as TTX3 is through emulation and i don't think RPCS3 runs well on an older CPU generation pre-Haswell as stated in the RPCS3 Quickstart page.

7 hours ago, darkgunsou86 said:

Where can I find an i7 2600 at 30USD? Ebay is selling for around 70+USD. Doesn't replacing the CPU with i7 2600 help with MAME emulation? there's some screen tearing.

I recall reading about MAME using the CPU more than GPU and a beefier GPU doesn't help with game performance.

I got mine from ebay for 44aud a piece. I made an offer and got 3 from the same seller. So maybe $35usd. Maybe i just got lucky on that, they seem to sell around 60aud. Just keep an eye out and sometimes they get listed cheaply. The cpu's are practically identical anyways except the I7 has hyperthreading enabled which won't make any difference to this system. It does have a slightly higher clock speed as well, but nothing you will notice. Not saying don't get one, it just won't make any visible difference and they do run hotter than the I5 so that ramping up of the fan that you mnentioned, it will probably happen more often as the gpu hits the target temp set in the bios. It's an agresive fan curve that's hard set, basically run fans @ 100% if target CPU temp is hit and you can't set the target CPU temp any higher than 50 i think it is.   If you're gettin screen tearing try turning on vsync in mame, it should be in mame.ini. Try press F11 in mame games, see what the FPs is, if the FPS is higher than 60 when tearing, then your video is just outputting too many fps and that's what's causing the tear. If your fps is below 60, then it's due to underpower for the emulation.

Video card is still the best upgrade. I'd put the money towards a gpu before i spend money on the cpu. If anyone really wants more power, you can always build a custom pc to run it on. Just shove your TTX3 IO card in it. CPU lacking power really isn't an issue with the games on the multi in my testing.

Thank you for creating this image, its fantastic :)

however it does not seem to like my setup that I only got this week

Type X3 Model 406

Vewlix C cab with JVS IO board K91x1147A

I've tried the com port changes listed earlier in this thread but no change, My X3 looks to be setup correctly with the IO board in the right slot ect. If I plug the JVS IO into a JVS PAC2 and then that into a USB port on the X3, this mostly works as a keyboard with the exception that player 1 buttons are on P2's side!

I've also managed to get hold of a Fast IO board, Taito Universal IO K91X1243A and while this works great, it's only working with 4 buttons :(

32 minutes ago, Brettster said:

Thank you for creating this image, its fantastic :)

however it does not seem to like my setup that I only got this week

Type X3 Model 406

Vewlix C cab with JVS IO board K91x1147A

I've tried the com port changes listed earlier in this thread but no change, My X3 looks to be setup correctly with the IO board in the right slot ect. If I plug the JVS IO into a JVS PAC2 and then that into a USB port on the X3, this mostly works as a keyboard with the exception that player 1 buttons are on P2's side!

I've also managed to get hold of a Fast IO board, Taito Universal IO K91X1243A and while this works great, it's only working with 4 buttons :(

Thanks! It's been a lot of work but we are getting there. Work is continuing and there are already around 50 more games added to the next release. Everyone that works on this has day jobs so it's done in our spare time as much as we can.

It's possible that the JVS IO code doesn't work with that JVS IO board. We don't have one to check the functionality of it. It seems to identify as a JVS v3.0 device and all of the devices we have tested so far have all been JVS 2.0. Not really able to help you any further on that issue unfortunately as without having one of those IO boards, or a JVS version 3.0 board we can't test it and confirm for you. We assume that you have tested the IO board with other stuff and it's working fine, just not with the multi image. We will tentatively mark this IO as a maybe it doesn't work with the system, and needing clarification for a JVS v 3.0 IO test.

Just double check that you have tested both COM ports and that they were set as COM2 at the time, you can't have them both set to COM2 either, even if one is disabled. The easiest way to do this is to set 1 port to COM 10 or COM 20 and disable it (the number doesn't matter, just maek sure it's not COM 2), and set the active port to COM 2, reboot with IO plugged in. If it doesn't work, change your active port to COM 40 or something high and then disable it, re-enable the one that's disabled and then set it to COM 2. Make sure you restart the system each time after you change the settings with your JVS IO connected. Make sure JVS mode is enabled from the menu. You will know if it's working or not when it boots, because you'll be able to control the menu select cursor. If you can't do that, then it's not working, no need to play around with testing any further. If JVS is working, the menu will function and you will be able to control it.

Unless someone else can confirm they are using a JVS 3.0 identifying IO board as per the IO boards on this list and it's working correctly for you?

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

One of us does own a JVS PAC2, we might get them to play around with that and see if they can get it to function. We'll test it out when we get the time and let you know how it goes. This will most likely cause you issues though. You can't have a static keyboard mapping and make it work with all games. There's around 20 different keyboard mappings in use across the whole system. The default mapping does work with the largest amount of games but there are a lot of things scattered throughout that won't work with a static keyboard mapping. It's all hard coded in to map different keyboard mappings to the JVS IO buttons at a per game level as needed.

The Fastio board you are using only supports 4 buttons and to date there is no way to change it that we know of. It's annoying because there are a lot of those IO's around. 6 button supporting IO boards are starting to get pricey. JVS support really is the future as there are a lot more TTX3's out there available than there are FASTIO's.

Thanks for testing and reporting!

@GTO77

Tatsunoko VS Capcom is now running @ 1080p with all the stuttering fixed on the 660gtx video card. It turns out it's one of the worst games for experiencing stuttering on the dolphin emu. It's working now. Dolphin is a good emu for frontends, it has batch commands to start and exit cleanly without leaving any emulator windows open, so it works well. It'll be in the next release.  Very stubborn game to get running smoothly.....

Thank you for the update, I tried changing the COM ports and rebooting etc, nothing happened so then I tried a Sega IO from an New Net City cab, Same issue nothing working, I stripped the X3 and discovered that the JVS port looked iffy so I replaced it with a new port, Full of new found confidence I tried the Taito JVS IO again, but still did not work. I hooked up the Sega IO and that is now working!! retried the Taito IO again but still nothing :(

The Taito JVS works fine with X2 hardware and multis so I assume it may just need that driver in the X3 multi?

Has anyone else tried a Taito JVS 3 IO?

Thanks again, Awesome work!

Edited by Brettster

On 6/10/2021 at 3:33 AM, darkgunsou86 said:

Games recommendations.

Since TeknoParrot is used, will these games be added? after burner climax, aliens extermination, border break scramble, contra evolution, counterstrike neo, daytona championship usa, far cry paradise lost, ghost squad evolution, justice league heroes united, let's go jungle special, let's go jungle lost on the island of spice, lets go safari, luigi's mansion arcade, outrun 2 sp sdx, phantom breaker another code, rambo, silent hill the arcade, the house of the dead 4, the house of the dead 4 special, theatrhythm final fantasy all-star carnival, too spicy, virtua fighter 5. Loving deads the house of the dead EX.

If Dolphin can be used, Sega Triforce games can be played. The 3 good games are F-Zero AX. Mario Kart Arcade GP and GP2.

CXBX Reloaded can be used for Sega Chihiro games. The good games are Virtua Cop 3, The House of the dead 3, Crazy Taxi 3, Outrun 2, Outrun 2 SP. Ghost Squad.

Since Demul is used, can Sega Model 3 and Hikaru games be added? They might not work well though.

Good Sega Model 3 games are Virtua Fighter 3 and 3tb. The Lost World: Jurassic Park Special, Fighting Vipers 2, Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, Daytona USA 2: Power Edition, Spikeout: Final Edition, The Ocean Hunter, Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, L.A. Machineguns.

2 games are good on Sega Hikaru. Brave Firefighters and Planet Harriers.

Missing TTX games: Half-Life 2: Survivor Ver.2.0 and Mobile Suit Gundam: Spirits of Zeon Memories.

Missing TTX2 games: Elevator Action Death Parade, The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Regulation A, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm.

Missing TTX3 games: Left 4 Dead -Survivors-, School of Ragnarok, School of Ragnarok Re:Boot.

With Street Fighter V Type Arcade (TTX4) playable, can Starwing Paradox, Magicians Dead, Magicians Dead Next Blazing work?

Atomiswave just miss 2 unreleased games: Force Five and Kenju.

Good Naomi games: Akatsuki Denkou Senki, Border Down, Cannon Spike/Gunspike, Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000 Pro, Chaos Field, Confidential Mission, Cosmic Smash, Dead or Alive 2 Millennium, Death Crimson OX, Dynamite Deka EX, Exzeal, ExZeus, Gigawing 2, Guilty Gear X, Guilty Gear XX #Reload, Guilty Gear XX : The Midnight Carnival, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Guilty Gear XX Slash, Gun Survivor 2 : Biohazard Code Veronica, Illmatic Envelope, Jingi Storm - The Arcade, Karous, Ninja Assault, Powerstone, Project Justice / Moero! Justice Gakuen, Radilgy, Radirgy Noa, Shikigami No Shiro II / The Castle of Shikigami II, Slash Out, Spikers Battle, The House of the Dead 2, The Typing of the Dead, Trizeal, Trigger Heart Exelica, Virtua Tennis / Power Smash, Virtual On Oratorio Tangram M.S.B.S.Ver.5.66, Zombie Revenge.

Good Naomi 2 games: Virtua Fighter 4, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned.

That is a very solid list of game recommendations!   School of Ragnarok is one I've been wanting to try for a while.

Thx 4 sharing. Downloaded this image. But i have a question.

This image working on Windows 10 system with direct bootable ?

I havent original TTX3 hardware. :)

Hey all,
I just got this installed on my TTX3 unit (an unmodified i5/660 setup with Lord of Vermilion IV)

I can't seem to get JVS working though. I know my JVS board works fine as I can use it with my TTX2 hardware but after booting and selecting "Enable JVS Mode" from the utils menu, I get the message that it's being setup then it reboots but then after the reboot it still doesn't work. (it's a Vewlix JVS IO)

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, ub3rchu said:

Hey all,
I just got this installed on my TTX3 unit (an unmodified i5/660 setup with Lord of Vermilion IV)

I can't seem to get JVS working though. I know my JVS board works fine as I can use it with my TTX2 hardware but after booting and selecting "Enable JVS Mode" from the utils menu, I get the message that it's being setup then it reboots but then after the reboot it still doesn't work. (it's a Vewlix JVS IO)

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

try this

37 minutes ago, arcadeforty said:

try this

Thanks! I feel bad for not seeing that.

I'll need to buy myself a mouse but that sounds like the solution.

I really wish I could just get the metal slug games from this release for use in the old one. If anyone is willing to help I would appreciate it.

19 hours ago, Brettster said:

Can you post what your JVS board is too? I've had the same problem with my Taito JVS K91x1147A

That's the same IO board I have. I don't think the IO board is relevant though. the problem is that Windows is configured with the wrong COM port enabled.
I changed around the COM ports per murray's instructions and it's working for me now.

I am having some issues with the coin switch though. it works fine in TTX games, but with the MAME games it's flakey or doesn't work. For instance DDP DFK it would register maybe 3 out of 5 coin drops, but in The Punisher it registered 0 no matter how many coins I dropped.
I know it's wired to the io fine because I can hear and see my coin counter clicking up with every coin. Pushing "5" on a keyboard seems to work fine it's just the coins when registered though the IO in MAME.

I do have another question. Is there a way to remove games from the menu, or re-organize the menu items?

We made some errors with our COM port configuration in V3 beta. This should be solved in the next release, but for now the solution posted should get your JVS IO working. Someone was obviously drunk when they were getting the v3 image ready for release.

For JVS users, please keep in mind that we knew JVS support would have some issues. That's the reason we released the beta when we did, so people could help us to test JVS support. You won't find yourself with a perfect JVS IO experience on this release. JVS does work, but it works with errors. If JVS users can keep posting any issues they find, we will get to looking at them all to try and fix them for future releases. We fully intend to work on JVS support in the future, it won't be left in a buggy state if we can help it. It's just for now it will have issues.

The reason why we haven't tested JVS thoroughly is that testing requires every single game to be checked individually. You have to launch the game (if it runs), test controls for player 1 and player 2 if it's a 2 player game. Test the coin mech, set the game to freeplay if possible, run the test menu, check the game exit button combo works from the IO board instructions and that the game closes properly. It's just very time consuming. For games running under MAME this is a faster process, but for other standalone PC based games, this testing can be very time consuming. If you encounter errors or something isn't working properly, you can spend a whole day just trying to get one game working properly. This is especially true if the game requires a custom IO/KEY mapping.  Sometimes you get lucky and everything just works, half the time you don't though.

We're currently adding more games to the system. There will come a point where we have run out of (worthwhile) pc based arcade games to add, it's starting to get closer. We're doing this primarily on FASTIO as the FASTIO board is what we have configured for all games at this stage. We want to hit a point where we have added most of the games that could require custom IO mappings (non emulator based games) and then when we have those added, we will all start that time consuming task of testing every single game works properly with JVS. We aren't ignoring your reports of JVS issues, we just aren't focusing on them right now, they are all being logged and we will be sure to test and try fix any issues you have reported. Testing JVS support at the time a new game is added slows things down considerably, it's faster to add games in bulk, and then test JVS in bulk at a later time.

We aren't looking at adding any more console games. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom was an exception because it's a rare arcade game not playable on emulation (not public anyways). We wanted to add it to the list before it was requested, one of us just decided to get onto it to see if it would work when it was brought up.

If we were going to add more console games, we would probably just build a PC or a Console dedicated image for arcade cabinets, but this is not something we plan on doing at this stage. Coin-op only.

@ub3rchu

We can't test your coin mech problems right now, we suspect there will be a lot more of these issues in there but thanks for the report, we will get to testing them in the future. Our aim is to set every game possible in mame to freeplay, it's on the TODO list. This goes for all games, Freeplay for everything is our aim, we know it won't be possible, but we will try.

Go into e:\system\am\romlists\multi.txt

That file controls what games show in the lists and what order. Remove a line, it removes the game from the list. You can comment out a line by putting a pound # at the start of the line (in case you want to add it back later). The order games are in that list, is the order they will show in the frontend. That file is where you can add more games as well, but it's only 1 part of a lot more steps you need to do. You also have to write a line for each game by hand, these lines are not auto generated in this file, you just write a new line for each game. Copy paste a previous one and edit the parts that are different.

We'll document how more things work in a future release.

@NoKey

The image is a Windows 10 image. It's all pre-built, you just write it to a HDD and boot from that HDD.

The next release you will be able to play a lot of nice arcade racing games that aren't currently in there, but you will need an xbox one gamepad. (others might work, but we have set it up and tested it with a wired xbox one controller). These games won't really work with the joystick, so as much as we wanted this to all be playable with a joystick, there is now a bunch of games added that we wouldn't have added previously, and they are playable, but only with a game pad. There is now an icon for gamepad in the controls section of the frontend and when you goto a game that requires a gamepad, instead of the yellow buttons and joystick showing there, it's a gamepad. You will know the game needs a gamepad before launching it.  Sega Rally 3, Wangan 5 + 6, Star Wars Pod, Mach Storm. There will be more racing games added in future. Same goes with some games that now require a mouse and a gamepad or mouse and keyboard. Final Fantasy Theatrythm requires a gamepad and a keyboard, so that shows in the menu, and Left 4 Dead is keyboard and mouse.

Before anyone asks, gamepad support is on a per game basis only, we will not be adding gamepad support in general system wide. It's just not going to happen, but adding some games that require one to play is fine. Game exit and menu system will always be controlled by the buttons on your arcade cabinet.

Not sure how far away a next release will be, it could be weeks, it could be months. It's more likely to be months than weeks. There will be more releases though.

4 hours ago, ub3rchu said:

That's the same IO board I have. I don't think the IO board is relevant though. the problem is that Windows is configured with the wrong COM port enabled.
I changed around the COM ports per murray's instructions and it's working for me now.

I've tried the changes many many times but its just not working for me. I've been able to get it working with a Sega JVS board but the one in my Vewlix just refuses to work.

I'll play around some more with it now I know it should work! thanks for posting

Is there anyway I can just get the games from the unzipped IMG file so I can play them on a regular Windows PC? After unzipping the IMG, I got 0-3.NTFS and another file *4*. I also tried to mount the IMG but was told that the image was broken. I just haven't burn the IMG to HDD.

16 minutes ago, stanleyyeh0205 said:

Is there anyway I can just get the games from the unzipped IMG file so I can play them on a regular Windows PC? After unzipping the IMG, I got 0-3.NTFS and another file *4*. I also tried to mount the IMG but was told that the image was broken. I just haven't burn the IMG to HDD.

Get OSFmount. It's free and you can mount a disk image with that program it  lets you choose which partition you want to mount and you can just copy  files out of most standard .img disk images

il y a 15 minutes, murray a dit :

Thanks a lot. It's the Partition 3 that has all the games.

Get OSFmount. It's free and you can mount a disk image with that program it  lets you choose which partition you want to mount and you can just copy  files out of most standard .img disk images

image.thumb.png.bd0c84af5abe43dbc27ef825f75891e8.png

Yeah, just mount that and whatever driver letter you choose you should be able to get whatever is on that partition.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:46 AM, 5a7h8e3vc7yw said:

Go into e:\system\am\romlists\multi.txt

Thank you for that!

I am also running in 720P mode, windows is auto detecting that my monitor doesn't support 1080p and is forcing a lower resolution on it's own. I understand that it's not officially supported, most games seem to run fine but some of the ES1 and Ring game display weird (large black bar at the top and the bottom cut off). would you be able to point me in the right direction to adjusting the configured resolution on these systems?

I am curious about some of the light gun games, would I be able to play these on my Operation GHOST cabinet? are they setup to accecpt analog input over JVS for the gun position?

Also any way to get both player screens for Spirits of Zeon to display side by side? this game used 2 480P monitors side by side it would be great if both displayed in a single 1080p screen instead of just the left screen.

45 minutes ago, ub3rchu said:

Thank you for that!

I am also running in 720P mode, windows is auto detecting that my monitor doesn't support 1080p and is forcing a lower resolution on it's own. I understand that it's not officially supported, most games seem to run fine but some of the ES1 and Ring game display weird (large black bar at the top and the bottom cut off). would you be able to point me in the right direction to adjusting the configured resolution on these systems?

I am curious about some of the light gun games, would I be able to play these on my Operation GHOST cabinet? are they setup to accecpt analog input over JVS for the gun position?

Also any way to get both player screens for Spirits of Zeon to display side by side? this game used 2 480P monitors side by side it would be great if both displayed in a single 1080p screen instead of just the left screen.

Most things should work @ 720p, 5% of the non emulator games might not. Basically anything hard set to 1080p will probably give you issues. All the games that use mame or demul for emulation should work fine, they will just auto detect the resolution and run with it.

ES* RING* TTX* games can be really tedious. The ones that run @ 1080p are hard set for it. It's either an ini file in the game directory that has resolution options, just find and edit it, or it's a patched exe file or it's a directx wrapper (dgvoodoo or jconfig or teknoparrot). Every game is usually different. You'll have to hunt through the files on a per game basis, it's not that difficult to work it out if you start looking. Some are simple, some are less simple. There's no central method that controls it, it's just done game by game and the first place to look is in the games directory.

Just change it back from 1920x1080 to the games original resolution. 1280x720, 1360x768 1366x768 most of them will be.

Many many hours were spent making some of these games render correctly @1080p and testing. Not just display, but getting the internal engine to actually render the game at a higher resolution. We just aren't interested in reversing that work. We understand that there are a lot of 720p Vewlix cabinets out there though and it's something people might want, it's just not something we are going to do. We don't even remember how we made half of those games work, if we had to document it, we'd need to go back and work it out ourselves how we did it. Some games are really simple though, you find the ini file and change the resolution lines and you're done, others are a real pain.

FYI, it's going to get worse in future releases, most of the pc based arcade games added in the next release are all 1080p so far.

All gun games are hacked up to use mouse controls. I would  say hard no they won't work with hardware JVS as they are. JVS support is only for digital standard arcade buttons and games that support it.

No idea on the Gundam game, we'll add it to the TODO list. Didn't even know it used 2 screens! If that functionality is supported in jconfig or teknoparrot, then we can add it. If not, then probably no.

Awesome work on the Multi guys, and i see Darius burst running too , what are the chances of Ottomedius , that has to be a must , looking forward to the next release , i tried messing with Tekken 7 to get R2 working but it just hung up , i had no issues with anything on my Noir cab with my I5 X3 and i changed the card for a GTX680

12 hours ago, 5a7h8e3vc7yw said:

All gun games are hacked up to use mouse controls. I would  say hard no they won't work with hardware JVS as they are. JVS support is only for digital standard arcade buttons and games that support it.

Thanks for the info on the 1080p stuff

I wonder if there is a piece of middleware that could simply translate analog position on the JVS or Fast IO to mouse pointer position, similar to what you're doing to translate JVS to keyboard, that would essentially allow you to use the gun games on original arcade gun hardware as most LCD based gun cabs use analog data for gun position.

I've been playing around with this more and have some bugs to report:

1. With GigaWing Generation, Shikigami no Shiro III, KOF Sky Stage on TTX (probably the other vertical shmups too) Player 2 button 1 causes a menu to appear on the left half of the screen for CRT Geom Mod. I'm assuming this is the application that allows these games to be rotated, but it appears that key blocking isn't fully implemented.

2. Space Invaders for Nesica freezes after entering initials for high score, not every time but it has happened to me twice now (out of 4 attempts) requires a hard reset of the whole machine as there is no response from exit keys or keyboard shortcuts.

3. Some TTX2 game don't save settings. For instance I attempted to set power instinct to free play, but after "saving" and exiting the test menu the settings didn't take, I'm assuming this is why it wasn't set to freeplay from the start.

I'll report anything else I find.

I also wanted to ask if there is a way for me to add additional MAME games, there is another system I'd like to setup but I'm unclear on how to create the a3x files for launching.

Edited by ub3rchu

36 minutes ago, ub3rchu said:

I also wanted to ask if there is a way for me to add additional MAME games, there is another system I'd like to setup but I'm unclear on how to create the a3x files for launching.

put all your roms inside the folder ?

2 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

put all your roms inside the folder ?

Each ROM also seems to require a matching a3x file.

so for instance there is the "sf2.zip" file and then a "sf2.a3x" file to launch it.

Once I've put my ROM file in the folder how do I create the .a3x file?

2 hours ago, ub3rchu said:

Each ROM also seems to require a matching a3x file.

so for instance there is the "sf2.zip" file and then a "sf2.a3x" file to launch it.

Once I've put my ROM file in the folder how do I create the .a3x file?

oh interesting i see, can u make 1 of your own using another file?  i have the type xtra thing, but i only use it for just that, i use mame for mame, but to your question i have another setup maybe from u, i have 2 folders one in the nesicaxlive i just put all my games in that folder, then i have another folder 'typextrax2' but for one game i have many files .  its an injection type deal . i have stf the 3rd but there are many files in the folder not just .ax3Capture.PNG.39c3cc2ed0fafa920a7bdab3606ba87e.PNG

dd.PNG

4 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

oh interesting i see, can u make 1 of your own using another file

if I knew how to do that I wouldn't be asking the question.