5a7h8e3vc7yw

Taito Type X3 Multi Game - 720p For Original Hardware + Fastio

5 hours ago, Gagapa said:

Doesnt work with Fats I/o ! when i push a button, nothing happened.

I have some issues with Virtual Tennis 4 : If the language is in Japonese, the direction of the Player 2 doesnt work. After i change back the language to USA, the Joystick P2 works again :s

I haven't tested vt4 since changing to Japanese, but it's weird that it'd do that. 

I'll habe to test it again. 

5 hours ago, Gagapa said:

Doesnt work with Fats I/o ! when i push a button, nothing happened.

I have some issues with Virtual Tennis 4 : If the language is in Japonese, the direction of the Player 2 doesnt work. After i change back the language to USA, the Joystick P2 works again :s

Something odd with keyboard layouts.

Just do this... On Windows desktop, you need to run fastio.exe, it should be in the attract mode folder, i think that folder is called AM.

Make sure this is running, it should have a black command prompt window just idle on the screen. Now open Notepad, when you press buttons on your cab, it should be typing stuff, you can see what the mappings are set to. This way you can check to make sure you know exactly what key commands are being sent to the system when you change language. It seems most of the games use jconfig for controls or rconfig, which means you can just go into that folder and change the key mappings easily. But you need to verify what keys are being sent to your system through the fastio.exe based on your windows keyboard layout settings.

I worked out how to get ChaseHQ2 and  Wacky Races to work.

You just have to have internet plugged in to the TTX3 unit. If there's no internet for some reason those games don't boot, plug internet in and they work. I'm guessing it has something to do with the cabinet linking check at the start. Pretty sure neither of these early games require internet, so it most likely has something to do with being able to get past the cabinet linking screen where it hangs on boot.

This is a great image, it's working great on my TTX3 apart from the fact my TTX3 has been deciding to randomly reboot every now and then T_T

6 hours ago, zetsurin said:

This is a great image, it's working great on my TTX3 apart from the fact my TTX3 has been deciding to randomly reboot every now and then T_T

Make sure the CPU heatsink has been cleaned out and you re-applied thermal paste to the CPU. The cpu heat sink is pretty much always clogged when you get these units.

Also make sure the fans on the video card are spinning, they often die on those 660 cards. I also dismantle and re-apply thermal grease to the GPU, they are ALWAYS completely dry.

The CPU heatsink often looks like this.

yuck2.jpg

@murrayOh yeah mine did actually look like that (which made me nearly puke when I first saw it lol) but I thoroughly cleaned it, but even after that the fan was toast so I actually replaced it with a Noctua U9S and some good quality paste.

I've noticed only one fan spins in my GTX 660, but I also believe that's just how efficient Pascal is and possibly it's not being run hard enough to engage the second fan?  Just in case I actually repasted the GPU also.

I guess RAM might be the next thing to check...

Oh yeah also one other thing I noticed, the machine will only stay in the BIOS momentarily and will reboot automatically from within there.  Does this happen with you also?  This is via ctrl+alt+f9, opentdeg.  I can often stay in long enough to see the temps and right after a reboot the CPU temp looks well within an acceptable range, like 30-something degrees. The heat pipes of the U9S hardly even feels warm.  I might re-paste the CPU just in case I left a hot spot.

The BIOS rebooting is very regular, but in normal use I could be playing SFV for a good 30 mins before it suddenly decides to shut down/reboot.

Edited by zetsurin

@zetsurin

Only 1 fan spinning on your card is definitely not normal. I have a bunch of TWIN FROZR 660gtx cards here that do the same, some with completely dead fans, some where only 1 works, some where both fans will spin hard for 2 seconds when you power on the system and then they both stop and never come back until next reboot where they do the same thing. One of my cards does the fast fan speed when you turn it on, but then only one of the fans keeps on working. Those 660 cards do run reaasonably cool though, try and run SF5 or samsho 2019, and put your hand behind the exhaust fan at the back, you'll feel the heat start to generate. I purchased 1 set of new fans but they haven't arrived yet... they aren't exactly the cheapest... I just upgrade my cards to 680gtx cards for better performance anyways.

Rebooting from the bios like that is not normal either. The bios has an auto reboot timer in it if you sit there idle for around 2/3(can't remember exactly) minutes it will shut down the system and reboot, but not quickly like you are describing. It's designed so if the operator leaves the system in the bios, it will auto shutdown to log it out after time.  The CPU's generally run pretty cool, even under load. I would focus on the bios reboots... it shouldn't be doing that. If you think it's ram, just try 2 sticks in 2 of the slots, then try the other 2 sticks in the other 2 slots, see if you can stop the bios reboots, as least it's an easy way to check if it's fixed.

IS your CPU fan 4 pin? There could be some logic built in there around controlling the fan speed, and if you are using a 3 pin fan it might be triggering it, but who knows really. I'd exclude ram and video card first if you can use another NON EUFI video card to test, if you have one available.

Hard to really tell though, i have 2 faulty motherboards here as well, one doesn't boot at all, the other just hangs and does weird stuff regularly.

Just make sure, between power downs that the power lights go out on the small IO card on the back. If you try to power down, and then power back on before those lights go out, then the unit seems to save the previous state it was in, and if it had hung for some reason, sometimes not letting it power down properly it gets stuck in this hung state. It takes between 5/10 seconds for those lights to go out.

Thanks @murray i will probably look at getting a 680 as well, to replace this 660.  Actually when i got this unit is was so full of dust throughout, and the fan that doesnt spin actually was jammed.  It didn’t freely spin and wouldn’t budge unless i turned it manually (blowing on it wouldnt spin it).  So i did actually replace it with new fans that both spin freely but yeah maybe some permanent harm has come upon this 660 because it still refuses to spin the fan despite being a new one.  When playing SFV i can feel the heat pipe along the top of the card getting hot.

i have a spare gtx 760 but its flakey and barely works.  I pulled it from one of my Namco ES3X units which I upgraded to a newer GPU (soooo much easier with the ES3X than these Taito ones!).  I did come back to life for a while and i flashed it with a non uefi bios (it’s a founders edition so i used the bios on arcade projects) but the bugger decided to die conveniently again lol.  The joys of playing with ex arcade hardware which will have been flogged to within an inch of it’s life, haha.

Thanks for the tips, i will try to experiment with the ram, I’ve also just tried running this in single channel with one stick, that will hopefully allow me to determine if there are any bad ram chips.

Edited by zetsurin

1 stick works as well, i've used that method to test as well. It's an easy way to troubleshoot ram issues.

If you keep an eye on here (and you buy from japan), the TWIN FROZR 680 cards pop up from time to time. The good thing about those is they only require 2 x 6 pin power connectors, which the TTX3 has, some of the 680 cards require a 6 pin and an 8 pin... which means you need a 6>8 pin adaptor... i know they are cheap, but drop in is nice as well.

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

I've also managed to get the zotac black plastic cooler cards working as well, but the cooling on those cards is a bit crap. Or get them local for cheaper shipping!

I'll test one of my broken fan cards tomorrow with some working fans.... i'll be sad if all of those cards that the fans don't work are actually broken cards and not just the fans!

I'll keep an eye out for 680's on YAJ.  I do indeed buy my stuff there, but it's getting trickier to get things delivered here in Australia.  Tends to add a lot to the price, but hey most hobbies don't come cheap :)

Hi,

I can't access the BIOS. Any clue as why ?

I plug a USB keyboard, maintain ctrl+alt+F9 at start, I get 2 successive splash screens "taito type X3", then windows boot...
This is driving me nuts.

I might try with another keyboard tomorrow (still this should work)

Never had this issue.

Try it on all the different USB ports.

As you turn the unit on, just hold the alt and ctrl keys (keep holding) (hold the ones on the right of the keyboard) and keep pressing the F9 button quickly. That's how i get in all the time.

Im pretty sure the left ALT +CTRL should work as well, but i always use the ones on the reight side of the keyboard. If all else fails then try another keyboard.

You should see the password box pretty quickly after that.

All right, I changed my keyboard and it went smoothly :)

I still can't load explorer.exe though. Would anyone by kind enough to upload it ?

Some update for new version in making

Maker have some problem from covid many covid in maker town add some delay but progress slow

NO ETA

1.jpg.18346e4ad86bdb7a49ecf60ea3dd9c1f.jpg

2.jpg.f7030ab7dc5f8c48895f91b3fb287e31.jpg

3.jpg.b5a6918fcf5dd36bf35e1d7a878e42ad.jpg

Thanks for the update. Appreciate what the maker is doing.

where is the maker town if I may ask?

I bought a TTX3 and Fast I/O just for this multigame. Expensive but happy with my purchase.

the new update will be the ultimate multigame.

Edited by darkgunsou86

some update laserdisc + cave

beta release come soon 2 week maybe

use on pc type + TTX3 fastio type

1080p resolution

720p many game no work more

card reader is remove from all game no more need card reader

all game pc keyboard + mouse or TTX3 + fastio

can use jpac for control

can work with many pc not only TTX3

ttx3 fastio is best

jvs type will no be available is plan to future. convert to jvs will be many hour of work and test

some user can help with test speed can be faster

easy run explorer.exe

easy run nvidia driver

easy run regedit

easy run cmd

easy run more util

plan easy change for fastio to jvs but many hour work

artwork is many many hour work

progress is slow for artwork

game is atomiswave-cave-cps1-cps3-es3-laserdisk-neogeo-ring-ttx-ttx2-ttx3

cave speed full all

game now 1tb ssd need

beta have artwork template for user help create

plan more game cps2-naomi-system16+18-GX-classic many many more

many space for more game but artwork time is long

cave.jpg

ld.jpg

Edited by 5a7h8e3vc7yw

UFFF! sounds really goooooooooooooood! you work hard dude! tnx!

a keyboard have 2 players? or only 1 player?

Edited by marteen

Hey guys! I'm new here, obviously. 

Is there a way to change my audio output device? I want to change it back to the mobo analog outs because my cabinet doesn't have an HDMI monitor.

Any help is appreciated! 

28 minutes ago, Macaiah said:

Hey guys! I'm new here, obviously. 

Is there a way to change my audio output device? I want to change it back to the mobo analog outs because my cabinet doesn't have an HDMI monitor.

Any help is appreciated! 

I've seen this happen, i think you just have to boot the machine with your speakers plugged into the speaker output plug on the back of the TTX3, the green one. Windows should detect that you have something plugged in to the system on boot and default it to that sound output.

30 minutes ago, murray said:

I've seen this happen, i think you just have to boot the machine with your speakers plugged into the speaker output plug on the back of the TTX3, the green one. Windows should detect that you have something plugged in to the system on boot and default it to that sound output.

Well what do ya know? I did that and placed the cabinet switch to new jamma. Thanks bud!

I've had my X3 for nearly 3 years and this is my first time using it, lol.

Edited by Macaiah
I'm dumb

En 22/5/2021 a las 0:27, 5a7h8e3vc7yw dijo:

some update laserdisc + cave

beta release come soon 2 week maybe

use on pc type + TTX3 fastio type

1080p resolution

720p many game no work more

card reader is remove from all game no more need card reader

all game pc keyboard + mouse or TTX3 + fastio

can use jpac for control

can work with many pc not only TTX3

ttx3 fastio is best

jvs type will no be available is plan to future. convert to jvs will be many hour of work and test

some user can help with test speed can be faster

easy run explorer.exe

easy run nvidia driver

easy run regedit

easy run cmd

easy run more util

plan easy change for fastio to jvs but many hour work

artwork is many many hour work

progress is slow for artwork

game is atomiswave-cave-cps1-cps3-es3-laserdisk-neogeo-ring-ttx-ttx2-ttx3

cave speed full all

game now 1tb ssd need

beta have artwork template for user help create

plan more game cps2-naomi-system16+18-GX-classic many many more

many space for more game but artwork time is long

cave.jpg

ld.jpg

Hello, thank you very much for your work.
Is it possible for you to update and also select 720p or 1080p, It would be beautiful to use this multi on my Vewlix L.

If you want I can test on my arcades.

First I am not able to download the explorer.exe posted by Murray as the filebin is dead can someone link me a working explorer.exe?

Second I manually changed Guilty Gear XRD and SIGN to 1080 and they boot.. they boot with no audio (all other games work fine .. outside of DOA lol). 

Also regarding Poken id like to map the Jump button, but if I would need to do it every time I boot it.. not a  big deal not worth the work. 

Thanks in advance and happy memorial day weekend :)

new release can come 1 week beta version for test. beta can release today but some issue is discover and need to delay 1 week.

JVS control is connect! all game can play JVS with beta. not fastio only jvs option is need test more people need bug test for report. beta for test for find bug and no work game. 99% game work fastio+JVS.

i not answer question i not have answer sorry i must wait beta release.

great!

hace 13 horas, 5a7h8e3vc7yw dijo:

JVS control is connect! all game can play JVS with beta. not fastio only jvs option is need test more people need bug test for report. beta for test for find bug and no work game. 99% game work fastio+JVS.

JVS, like Capcom JVS will works?

Le 31/05/2021 à 03:27, 5a7h8e3vc7yw a dit :

new release can come 1 week beta version for test. beta can release today but some issue is discover and need to delay 1 week.

i not answer question i not have answer sorry i must wait beta release.

hello nice job!
I have a question how do you change the button configuration when exiting the game? I would like to change it thank you.

1 hour ago, voidsickness said:

Does ANYONE have a working explorer.exe they can upload and link me? please? also cmd.exe?

Thanks

new 1080p update beta is at server

file post very soon explorer easy open for beta version.

5 hours ago, 5a7h8e3vc7yw said:

new 1080p update beta is at server

file post very soon explorer easy open for beta version.

Thank you very much. Thank you for your work…