spiderzsoft

[Arcade PC] Radikal Bikers Standalone

Radikal Bikers Standalone

Here an old and small famous arcade game that released in 1998. Credit to Aaron Giles who create these stand alone version more than 10 years ago and can runs at full speed higher resolution with Windows Embedded Standard 7.

Link:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

More Games Coming Soon...
source: /1cc/ - Arcade

e729b6817114a61bc03720ae1017393aed043601

Edited by 7zxkv

I'know this emulator, and it's really amazing expecially if compared with the really low performance of mame with this game. But it supports only keyboard or mouse... I've tried some "joypad to mouse" apps but the result is terrible.

Do you (or someone)   someone know a way to have good feeling analog controls? 

Salut :very-good:

Dommage que tous les jeux gaelco 3D sont pas encore jouable  

Hidden Content

PS:j'attend Tokyo cop / Rolling extreme / Ring Raiders 

Edited by Bruce

hace 15 horas, Bruce dijo:

Health :very-good:

Too bad all gaelco 3D games are not playable yet  

Hidden Content

PS:j'attend Tokyo cop / Rolling extreme / Ring Raiders 

Demul runs ATV Track and Smashing Drive, and they work great.

hace 8 horas, 7zxkv dijo:

A very old hack made by Aaron Giles, integrated in Mame for 200 years, for info ^^

Yes but this stand-alone emulator runs far better in terms of performance.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:16 PM, spiderzsoft said:

Here an old and small famous arcade game that released in 1998. Credit to Aaron Giles who create these stand alone version more than 10 years ago and can runs at full speed higher resolution with Windows Embedded Standard 7.

Link:

Hidden Content

More Games Coming Soon...
source: /1cc/ - Arcade

Hidden Content

Mate note that this version crashes after minutes of Gameplay. Author did not release any further versions to fix the bug back then.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:21 PM, naderkadd1981 said:

Mate note that this version crashes after minutes of Gameplay. Author did not release any further versions to fix the bug back then.

u must have AMD card... thats why its crushed... i tested on Nvidia card and fully working.

Edited by spiderzsoft

Just for information,
this game it's playable on MAME, tested with 0.197 version
you need the radikalb.zip file and the bios file tms32031.zip placed in rom folder of MAME.

Then you can create a .bat file for launching the game with a single click (perfect solution for frontend)

example bat file:
@echo off
mame64.exe radikalb

On 12/10/2020 at 4:47 AM, Faizul67 said:

I think it was during the 3rd stage that the game always crashed.... It is a pity because the self emulated game works very well....

Hi

Added some third party analog input support and fixed the 3rd stage crash now on TeknoParrot if you want to give it another go

Still uses Aaron Giles emulator version with Atari rom but use TeknoParrot to load it for some fixes

Edited by Boomslangnz

On 08/09/2018 at 3:16 AM, spiderzsoft said:

Here an old and small famous arcade game that released in 1998. 

what about mame ?

il y a 9 minutes, Cool Coyote a dit :

Here an old and small famous arcade game that released in 1998. 

what about mame ?

works like a charm with mame

Edited by WildWolf

1 minute ago, WildWolf said:

works like a charm with mame

and also it looks better with my scanlines. the stand alone cant do this.

Works like a charm if you have a good cpu apparently but for many it runs slow and also you don't get all the resolution options this standalone has which IMO makes it look far superior to mame & also mame has audio issues but by all means run mame if you prefer

Edited by Boomslangnz

21 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Hi

Added some third party analog input support and fixed the 3rd stage crash now on TeknoParrot if you want to give it another go

Still uses Aaron Giles emulator version with Atari rom but use TeknoParrot to load it for some fixes

Hey Boomslangnz, would it be hard to add a 4:3 aspect ratio option to this game?

I tried to set it to 4:3 with reshade using the aspect ratio adjuster shader which works great for a few of my other games, but with this game the screen shifts to the right and half of it gets cut off for some reason. I have no idea what's going on. I tried various resolutions but it just doesn't want to work.

2 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Works like a charm if you have a good cpu apparently but for many it runs slow and also you don't get all the resolution options this standalone has which IMO makes it look far superior to mame & also mame has audio issues but by all means run mame if you prefer

it would look better if it wasnt so jaggered lol,  if it were looking like model 2 game u wouldnt need scanlines it would actually look apt.

59 minutes ago, Mindwipe said:

Hey Boomslangnz, would it be hard to add a 4:3 aspect ratio option to this game?

I tried to set it to 4:3 with reshade using the aspect ratio adjuster shader which works great for a few of my other games, but with this game the screen shifts to the right and half of it gets cut off for some reason. I have no idea what's going on. I tried various resolutions but it just doesn't want to work.

Yeah I'm not much a graphics guy sorry

If anyone else wants to play this game in original 4:3 aspect ratio, dgVoodoo does it well. 

Hidden Content

Just extract the contents of dgVoodoo into the game directory and run dgVoodooCpl.exe

Under the "General" tab look for "Scaling mode" and choose [Stretched, 4:3 Aspect Ratio] ....on a side note: [Stretched, 4:3 Aspect Ratio (CRT-like)] is also very nice if you like scanlines.

Under the "DirectX" tab look for "Resolution" and change it to a 4:3 equivalent. I'm using 1440x1080. That's it, you're done. Click apply and exit. You can now run the game in 4:3.

When the standalone emu radikal bikers setup windows pops up, the resolution here does not matter, dgVoodo will overwrite it.

Edited by Mindwipe