Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

14 hours ago, Wowow123 said:

I can't get "Enable Input Support" to work on Demul v0.7 for Initial D ver3 running Windows 10.

Since Demul can't invert pedal inputs and defaults to thinking my pedals are combined, I was hoping this plugin can override that (Logitech G920).

-With version 2.2b, enabling "Enable Input Support" under "Game Option" doesn't override the original key binds, even though FFB works (Demul recognized the steering wheel correctly). The FFBlog.txt attached is with "Enable Input Support" enabled and FFB working. Shouldn't it say something about successfully overriding key binds? 

Also, with "Enable Input Support" and "Enable Adjustment" under "FFB Dynamic Strength Adjustment" enabled, Demul crashes on game loading. Am I configuring something wrong on padDemul or the plugin GUI? I read this and can't replicate the results: 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

-With versions 2.2a and 2.2, Demul crashes on game loading with only "Enable Input Support" enabled.

I'll be trying the older versions too since idk what else. This plugin works for me with Teknoparrot though.

Thanks!

Hidden Content

Give this a go and let me know if better

I had issue causing crash happening etc so you were right, but you will still require those versions i said above

Hidden Content

emoved file, read post below*

Edited by Boomslangnz

16 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Give this a go and let me know if better

I had issue causing crash happening etc so you were right, but you will still require those versions i said above

Hidden Content

emoved file, read post below*

4 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

New Version of FFB Arcade Plugin. Now Version 2.2c

Hidden Content

Initial D Ver3 worked and the inputs were overridden! With 2.2c and Demul 0.7 (180428), it stopped crashing and I was able to load in and play. I'm still trying to find the right FFB Length to stop it from jittering. 

Bugs:

-With Enable Adjustment under FFB Dynamic Strength Adjustment and Enabled Input Support enabled, lots of inputs (both axis and buttons) were skipped and didn't release. It kinda felt like the CPU isn't keeping up (mine is 12 threads @ 3.69Ghz). Not enabling FFB Dynamic Strength worked fine though.

-There is no binding for card insert (padDemul: PUSH7 for Arcade Joy1) through the GUI, so using a card would require loading a save state that already has the card in-play.

Thanks for your swift response and I appreciate your work!

3 hours ago, Wowow123 said:

Initial D Ver3 worked and the inputs were overridden! With 2.2c and Demul 0.7 (180428), it stopped crashing and I was able to load in and play. I'm still trying to find the right FFB Length to stop it from jittering. 

Bugs:

-With Enable Adjustment under FFB Dynamic Strength Adjustment and Enabled Input Support enabled, lots of inputs (both axis and buttons) were skipped and didn't release. It kinda felt like the CPU isn't keeping up (mine is 12 threads @ 3.69Ghz). Not enabling FFB Dynamic Strength worked fine though.

-There is no binding for card insert (padDemul: PUSH7 for Arcade Joy1) through the GUI, so using a card would require loading a save state that already has the card in-play.

Thanks for the feedback

I thought i fixed the issue with Strength Adjustment but obviously not, will take another look and ill try find input for adding card insert

6 hours ago, Wowow123 said:

Bugs:

Hidden Content

try this now for Demul 

should fix your issues and ive added insert card inputs

Hi Boomslangnz,

I have always been unhappy with the twitchy controls in Daytona Championship USA. Compared to Daytona 2 with Supermodel, it is undrivable. I have made today other attempts to solve this using x360ce (and its features to tune the sensitivity).

I tested with Daytona without Launcher and made it work with x360ce but was not able to get FFB.

With TP, i have been successfull as well for the controls. However I do not know how to make FFB work.

Is this possible in a way or another?

Things get complex.

I have a Logitech DFGT dinput wheel. With X360ce, should I use "Enable FFB"? In the advance Tab, should I pass-through the FFB?

Then in FFBPluginGui, should I choose the DFGT or the X360ce-emulated Xinput device? It seems whatever options in X360ce or FFBPluginGui, I never get effects in the FFBPlugin Test module (except if I choose DFGT but it doesn't make sense to me).

I assume there should be a chain like this:

TP-->FFBPlugin-->Xinput-->X360CE-->DFGT wheel

It would be logical to use the Xinput device in FFBPluginGUI and enable FFB in X360CE, but I am not sure.

Thanks for your help!

8 hours ago, holmes said:

Hi Boomslangnz,

I have always been unhappy with the twitchy controls in Daytona Championship USA. Compared to Daytona 2 with Supermodel, it is undrivable. I have made today other attempts to solve this using x360ce (and its features to tune the sensitivity).

I tested with Daytona without Launcher and made it work with x360ce but was not able to get FFB.

With TP, i have been successfull as well for the controls. However I do not know how to make FFB work.

Is this possible in a way or another?

Things get complex.

I have a Logitech DFGT dinput wheel. With X360ce, should I use "Enable FFB"? In the advance Tab, should I pass-through the FFB?

Then in FFBPluginGui, should I choose the DFGT or the X360ce-emulated Xinput device? It seems whatever options in X360ce or FFBPluginGui, I never get effects in the FFBPlugin Test module (except if I choose DFGT but it doesn't make sense to me).

I assume there should be a chain like this:

TP-->FFBPlugin-->Xinput-->X360CE-->DFGT wheel

It would be logical to use the Xinput device in FFBPluginGUI and enable FFB in X360CE, but I am not sure.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

I have no idea sorry. Never used x360ce with ffb plugin 

No problem.

Actually I found a solution.

Using x360ce 4 (I was not aware this version existed!), everything works:

- Install x360ce

- map the wheel controls, tune the sensitivity, enable and test FFB to your liking (still in X360ce),

- minimize the app (there is no more generation of a DLL) ; do not close it

- Launch FFBPluginUI, choose DFGT (and not the Xinput Gamepad)

- Launch technoparrot UI and map the buttons to the Xinput gamepad

- Launch Dayton and enjoy!

Edited by holmes

Nice work

I tested out that Demul Initial D Card Input today too and worked fine here and loaded up saved card etc

Had a teamviewer session with Moksi couple days ago too and got Super Chase working fine there on his pc now too so happy days

New FFB Arcade Plugin Release

Hidden Content

Edited by Boomslangnz

Hello

First congratulation for this work. Most FFB effets are very greats and for someones better that original game (I think for sega rally 3 for example) !

I use a OSW wheel (SimuCUBE) and of course I check "Alternative FFB" to work. But FFB effects seems to not return to zero (I mean not reset) after a race when go back to menu (choose race). And this for most of games.

Is it normal ? It is not very disturbing but when a race finish with a strong effect it is not easy after to use wheel !

Thanks a lot 

9 hours ago, delo said:

Hello

First congratulation for this work. Most FFB effets are very greats and for someones better that original game (I think for sega rally 3 for example) !

I use a OSW wheel (SimuCUBE) and of course I check "Alternative FFB" to work. But FFB effects seems to not return to zero (I mean not reset) after a race when go back to menu (choose race). And this for most of games.

Is it normal ? It is not very disturbing but when a race finish with a strong effect it is not easy after to use wheel !

Thanks a lot 

Hi there

Depends on the game but some continue to do ffb to some degree in menus (like sega rally 3)

Ffb plugin only reads the values sent by games 

Le 15/08/2020 à 00:50, Boomslangnz a dit :

Hi there

Depends on the game but some continue to do ffb to some degree in menus (like sega rally 3)

Ffb plugin only reads the values sent by games 

Thank you for quick response !

So it's not due to my wheel or my setup but to the game itself.

Do you know if it would be possible to attribute a key to to do a reset of the FFB ?

Quick explanation : when you exit a game (to go back to a frontend like hyperspin) and the game send a ffb order just before the wheel continue to pull left or right for example. So it could be easier to do a manual reset of the ffb...

1 hour ago, delo said:

Thank you for quick response !

So it's not due to my wheel or my setup but to the game itself.

Do you know if it would be possible to attribute a key to to do a reset of the FFB ?

Quick explanation : when you exit a game (to go back to a frontend like hyperspin) and the game send a ffb order just before the wheel continue to pull left or right for example. So it could be easier to do a manual reset of the ffb...

There is an issue with certain wheels I've known about where it seems to continue with ffb effect even after exiting games. But it doesnt do that on my thrustmaster wheel at all so I think it may be driver issue to some degree

I'll see if there is something that we can do to fix but since its a plugin means when you exit game, ffb plugin closes too

Il y a 3 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

There is an issue with certain wheels I've known about where it seems to continue with ffb effect even after exiting games. But it doesnt do that on my thrustmaster wheel at all so I think it may be driver issue to some degree

I'll see if there is something that we can do to fix but since its a plugin means when you exit game, ffb plugin closes too

Maybe you can indeed make a reset when the plugin close ?

13 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Need more info

What type of info do you need? Can you be a little specific? As far as I can remember the dgvoodoo asked to replace an existing dll file to which I agreed and since then no FFB.

7 hours ago, ark216 said:

What type of info do you need? Can you be a little specific? As far as I can remember the dgvoodoo asked to replace an existing dll file to which I agreed and since then no FFB.

Well you probably replaced the main ffb plugin file then

So rename it and put it back

FFB Plugin can be renamed to either dinput8,d3d9,d3d11,opengl32,winmm,xinput1_3 from memory

Edited by Boomslangnz

On 8/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, delo said:

So Boomslangnz do you think it's possible to provide a reset of the ffb when the plugin close ?

Thanks !!

It's meant too

Code is there to stop effects on exit

Il y a 14 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

Code is there to stop effects on exit

Curious because when I exit game (by esc key in TP for example) ffb remains...

I have been playing Battle Gear 4 Tuned these days and here are my impressions:

- Side Collision with walls is well detected, effect is weak

- Front collision with walls is not detected 

- Collision with other cars is not detected

- Small effects happens every now and then (a few seconds between each of them), with no apparent relationship with a particular event,

- it seems there is no effect related to the track coating

Set up: Plugin 2.1, MaxForce 100%+ Logitech DGFT + Logitech Profiler: Combined effects at 150%

Hello,

I try with LETS GO ISLAND 3D, and when I play, the pad vibrate until I was received a shoot, I need only vibrate when I´m shooting, any idea for configurate this?

Thanks

il y a 33 minutes, gti1983 a dit :

Hello,

I try with LETS GO ISLAND 3D, and when I play, the pad vibrate until I was received a shoot, I need only vibrate when I´m shooting, any idea for configurate this?

Thanks

Yes me too I have same with this game vibrate pad non stop vibrate. 

I disable FFB for this game

Le 21/08/2020 à 23:15, delo a dit :

Curious because when I exit game (by esc key in TP for example) ffb remains...

Confirmation after testing other games...Is there a way to reset ffb effets after quit a game ?

8 hours ago, delo said:

Confirmation after testing other games...Is there a way to reset ffb effets after quit a game ?

try this

Made some changes so it should close device upon exit correctly now, where it had issue previously

according to SDL docs when you close device it should stop the currently playing effect 

this is only for 32bit games and if this works ill release 64bit too

Hidden Content

you may need to rename dinput8 

Edited by Boomslangnz

On 8/26/2020 at 7:40 PM, gti1983 said:

Hello,

Thanks

Hi

ive found couple issues with LGI and LGI3D and fixed so hopefully will sort your issues on next release

Edited by Boomslangnz

Il y a 3 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

try this

Made some changes so it should close device upon exit correctly now, where it had issue previously

according to SDL docs when you close device it should stop the currently playing effect 

this is only for 32bit games and if this works ill release 64bit too

Hidden Content

you may need to rename dinput8 

Thanks a lot I will try this week-end.

hace 2 horas, Boomslangnz dijo:

Hi

ive found couple issues with LGI and LGI3D and fixed so hopefully will sort your issues on next release

Thanks Boomslangnz, I will try when you publish your next release :)

Hello,

I try FFBPLUGIN with Daytona 3 and OUTRUN and don´t work, where do you copy the files? I do the test of FFB plugin and works, but don´t work when I launch with the game!!

Thanks

1 hour ago, gti1983 said:

Hello,

I try FFBPLUGIN with Daytona 3 and OUTRUN and don´t work, where do you copy the files? I do the test of FFB plugin and works, but don´t work when I launch with the game!!

Thanks

Hi

Are you using teknoparrot to run Daytona 3? Should just require putting all files into same folder as Daytona.exe and then load FFBPluginGUI.exe and add device

Lindbergh games such as Outrun 2 require you to place opengl32.dll to teknoparrot folder inside main teknoparrot folder eg with budgieloader.exe and rest of files to Jennifer folder then set device again

En 3/9/2020 a las 11:34, Boomslangnz dijo:

Hi

Are you using teknoparrot to run Daytona 3? Should just require putting all files into same folder as Daytona.exe and then load FFBPluginGUI.exe and add device

Lindbergh games such as Outrun 2 require you to place opengl32.dll to teknoparrot folder inside main teknoparrot folder eg with budgieloader.exe and rest of files to Jennifer folder then set device again

Sorry for the delay, Outrun 2 works perfectly! :)

But Daytona3 I launch with preconfigured game without Teknoparrot, is possible put the FFBPLUGIN?

Thanks so much again!

31 minutes ago, gti1983 said:

Sorry for the delay, Outrun 2 works perfectly! :)

But Daytona3 I launch with preconfigured game without Teknoparrot, is possible put the FFBPLUGIN?

Thanks so much again!

Yes its possible but you need to hex edit the exe to enable force feedback

hace 28 minutos, Boomslangnz dijo:

Yes its possible but you need to hex edit the exe to enable force feedback

Uppsss... is public the information that what line I need edit at the exe?