Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Xtom 3D Arcade

Machinery

Messages recommandés

I've prepared the archive with arcade version of the old scroll shooter "Xtom 3D". 

Developer is Jamie System. Arcade publisher is Andamiro Entertainment. Year 1999.
Actual arcade cabinet uses Pentium-based motherboard with 3dfx Voodoo video card, sound card includes Yamaha YMZ280B chip, DOS installed. Native resolution is 512x394.

My try with MAME ended with nothing so I've combined it with another emulator. This dump extracted from MAME rom. Running under Dosbox with dgVoodoo wrapper. Sound card is unemulated because it's not compatible with regular PC cards like Adlib or Soundblaster. I'm playing soundtrack from windows version of this game in external media player at the background.
Here you can see the video how it works:

Download link:

To start the game "Xtom 3D":
Run "dosbox.exe"

To change resolution:
Run "dgVoodooSetup.exe"
Press little ".\" button at the top
Press "Glide" tab
Change "Resolution" menu to something
Press "OK" button

Controls:
Enter - Insert coin
Arrows - Player 1 movement
[ - Player 1 Button 1
] - Player 1 Button 2
WASD - Player 2 movement
LShift - Player 2 Button 1
LCtrl - Player 2 Button 2
Alt+F4 - Exit
Alt+Enter - Fullscreen

To map the controls to joystick use Xpadder.
Sound card is unemulated.
You can play the soundtrack from "music" folder with your favorite media player at the background.
Modifié par 7zxkv

I've prepared the archive with arcade version of the old scroll shooter "Xtom 3D". 

Developer is Jamie System. Arcade publisher is Andamiro Entertainment. Year 1999.
Actual arcade cabinet uses Pentium-based motherboard with 3dfx Voodoo video card, sound card includes Yamaha YMZ280B chip, DOS installed. Native resolution is 512x394.

My try with MAME ended with nothing so I've combined it with another emulator. This dump extracted from MAME rom. Running under Dosbox with dgVoodoo wrapper. Sound card is unemulated because it's not compatible with regular PC cards like Adlib or Soundblaster. I'm playing soundtrack from windows version of this game in external media player at the background.
Here you can see the video how it works:

Download link:

To start the game "Xtom 3D":
Run "dosbox.exe"

To change resolution:
Run "dgVoodooSetup.exe"
Press little ".\" button at the top
Press "Glide" tab
Change "Resolution" menu to something
Press "OK" button

Controls:
Enter - Insert coin
Arrows - Player 1 movement
[ - Player 1 Button 1
] - Player 1 Button 2
WASD - Player 2 movement
LShift - Player 2 Button 1
LCtrl - Player 2 Button 2
Alt+F4 - Exit
Alt+Enter - Fullscreen

To map the controls to joystick use Xpadder.
Sound card is unemulated.
You can play the soundtrack from "music" folder with your favorite media player at the background.

arcade ok thanks

Invité POOTERMAN

Game really needs sound working, I've downloaded the windows version and installed it in VirtualBox bot it asks for the CD to run which isn't convenient. The DOS version uses .raw sound files and the Windows version uses .bin sound files. Going to keep hacking away at this until I get the sound working.

i've made a VM with working sound

The VM has the standard PC version installed in it with working sound and a freeplay hacked version (thanks to people in /1cc/ discord)
Also put the arcade files in the vm if you wan't to play the arcade version (sound doesn't work on the arcade version as usual)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!sUgFjIrB!99qPRXLHjbdu0kYe_mZjIi08jFFBNuHVca1MDTq_7GU

Edit: i no longer have the VM image,
If you want to run Xtom just make a WinXP VM and install the PC version https://www.myabandonware.com/game/xtom-3d-g0a

To run it use the same method as my aliens vm image

In virtualbox make a new vm with the following settings

Windows XP (32 bit)

1024mb ram

I/O APIC enabled

1 cpu core

128mb video memory

3D/2D acceleration enabled

When it asks you to make a new hard drive select the xtom.vhd file then run the vm, controls are the same as the arcade version

Modifié par Harry99710

The VM has the standard PC version installed in it with working sound and a freeplay hacked version (thanks to people in /1cc/ discord)

Also put the arcade files in the vm if you wan't to play the arcade version (sound doesn't work on the arcade version as usual)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!sUgFjIrB!99qPRXLHjbdu0kYe_mZjIi08jFFBNuHVca1MDTq_7GU

Windows XP (32 bit)

1024mb ram

I/O APIC enabled

1 cpu core

128mb video memory

When it asks you to make a new hard drive select the xtom.vhd file then run the vm, controls are the same as the arcade version

grazie lo provo subito

Windows XP (32 bit)

1024mb ram

I/O APIC enabled

1 cpu core

128mb video memory

Can you do the same for Photoplay?

• 3 ans après...