spindizzi

Teknoparrot Loader (v1.0.0.235) | Arcade PC

4 hours ago, ultimatepump said:

Troll

Hey guys, NO free speech allowed in here!  Stop stroking the developers and admit that it's all true.  I swear, one person makes any type of free thought comment or OPINION, and you are deemed the Devil and a troublemaker.

Why don't YOU go nag somewhere else instead of treading on people's thoughts and opinions.

Change your name to Hitler or Stalin, fits your attitude better towards people.

We're not talking about opinions here. And even so, I guess I'm not allowed to express mine? We're talking about twisting data and facts. Maybe you like to just make you're own facts and that's fine if that's you're thing.

And changing my name to Hitler because I'm encouraging people to open their eyes a little to accurate information, not join the herd/bandwagon by being toxic, offtopic and spreading cancerous negative sentiment about a free emulator, and not attacking the devs when they've done nothing wrong.

Again, tell me what happened to Mohkerz. Think about what this consistent, entitled, complaining does to the developers around this scene....I've been following emulation since the 90's and I've seen a lot of nagging for x game to be fixed and y game to be perfect, etc, but what I've seen from this thread in the past few months takes the cake. So good job, you win....I guess? :) I'm trying to stop the avalanche of bs here in hopes we don't lose more contributors because of intense whining about occasional regressions and having to donate 5$ to help fund equipment to gain access to like 3 titles out of their massive library.

4 hours ago, myarcade said:

@LEGEND80 HAS TO MUCH TO SAY AND NOT ENOUGH IN THE WAY OF HELPING PEOPLE OUT.. 

HE WAS QUICK TO JUMP ON MY POST THE OTHER DAY AND TURN IT INTO A NEGATIVE! 

AND STOP COMPAIRING TEKNO PARROT TO OTHER EMULATORS, ITS NOT THE SAME!  

WORD TO THE WISE, DONT JUMP ON OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS, ITS A FORUM AND PEOPLE ARE FREE TO AIR THERE THOUGHTS! 

I STAND BY MY POSTS AND THE LATEST UPDATES BRING NO FIXES TO GAMES THAT WERE ALREADY WORKING? 

AND AS FOR PAYING PATREON, I FEEL THATS NOT WHAT EMULATION IS ABOUT..

I guarantee I help more people out around here than you do and have been contributing for quite a while. And you freaked out on me the other day when I was making a general statement about the annoying whining and unwarranted negativity on this thread, not targeting you. Read it again.

You do understand that maybe the reason they haven't fixed some of those issues is because they are damn hard and time consuming to fix. If they want to go add 4 new (working) titles to the library instead of fixing 1 defect in 1 game that may or may not be popular is up to them. It's their emulator, their decision. Respect that or go build your own emulator.

And no one is forcing you to pay for anything. Donations to developers of emulation has been around for decades. Another thing people are trying to single out and attack TP on. Doesn't make any sense.

Why can't we compare it to other emulators? That's typically how people align on expectations, by comparing one thing to another similar thing. That's how you get something called perspective. What are you comparing it to then? Just what you want?

3 hours ago, myarcade said:

no problem, certain people need to learn the code of opinions.. and that its not negative.. 

so while we are at it, lets get it straight! 

1: tekkno parrot dont do what it claims to do on its site, games that worked now dont even after the latest updates! 

2: patreon isnt what emulation is about and other emulators dont charge! 

3: people are loosing interest because of the slow releases! 

4: nobody is crying lol people are just passionate about emulation and want it to work correct!   

its a good project, and hats off to the devs but things have got worst and not better, i hope you can resolve some of the issue raised.. 

Peace :heart-pixel:

1. What games? Be specific, not just make blanket statements. Did you log the issues in their tracker like they request? How do they know what to fix if you don't log bugs? How do you know they won't fix them unless you try to follow their regression tracking SOP? You can be proactive and do something about it. Not just bring it up in some thread somewhere. Accomplishes nothing. I've reported several regression lately in their discord and mins later it was fixed. No joke. Something was broken in SB last week, I reported it and Reaver checked in a fix in OpenParrot within an hour. Does he get any kind of credit for that? Nope. So maybe if you report things properly, they'll get fixed properly.

2. Ummm, this is getting more and more standard hate to say. Early access is very common and a good way for devs to get some funds so they can spend more time on the emu and get new equipment. rpcs3, cemu, yuzu, etc...

3. Did you see the release list I posted. Very active recently. Maybe not in the past few weeks but this is not their full time job. Maybe they get to go on vacation occasionally? :) week

4. I don't see passion always with some of these comments, I see it more as attacking and whining, with zero appreciation being shown (by a group of people on here). Not everyone, but there's definitely a herd here that likes to focus only on the negative and skew things a certain way.

If people are being passionate about arcade games, they should be spending their time playing the compatible arcade games on TP, Mame and so on and not just demanding fixes and more games to be released on an daily basis. That's the point I was trying to make.  It'll come with time and patience. Enjoy what you have.

3 hours ago, ultimatepump said:

Dude, again your on my point exactly.

Most people here have never heard of emulation before and think that paying for a "better" version is the way to go.

Emulation was built on sharing for free

PERIOD.  It is terrible that this is a closed source so other talented people can't help and add to Teknoparrot, but I guess money is the motivator here.  I have been using emulators since Pengo on MAME came out in DOS! 

Back then, emulation was thee BEST and amazing thing to be able to play arcade games at home.  I do not know what goes on behind the scenes here at Teknoparrot or what the real intention of this emulator is because all I keep reading is about things broken and now not working.  People that for some reason paid, for a free service are even questioning what is going on?  You would think each release would bring something new and fix past problems.  This isn't happening.  I don't even ask anymore when non patrons can play games like Rambo.  It's stupid that we are penalized for not paying.

This is obviously an emulator that maybe when started was all good intentions and sharing progress and having fun.  But now, I think this is a product for sale and money driven intentions.

Very sad what emulation has turned into.  The good old days are disappearing.

TP is mostly open source. So that's inaccurate. If people want to go fix bugs, they can right now. Nothing is stopping them. That a very important point that's being missed here.

TP is free, with a early access model. Like I've said before, if you don't want to donate, enjoy the free version, sans a couple games. I know you feel everyone is entitled to everything for free immediately and the devs don't deserve a chance to maybe fund their time and equipment because back in the 60's people didn't do that... but others feel differently. I've been using emulators since the 90's and I have no issue chipping in a few bucks to get early access.I know my money is going toward the project in some way. It's a little thing I can do to contribute without checking in code. I wonder what others are doing to be helpful and contribute to the project...and no demanding no regressions and a constant stream of new games is not helpful.

2 hours ago, myarcade said:

couldnt agree more..

i dont know reaver but over on 1cc they state they are not supporting tekkno parrot nomore! 

it 100% feels like its turned into a money making project rather than a free open source project for the greater good of the emulation community.. 

posting pictures like this is not what emulation is about! 

:ptdr:

D5D5RXaUUAIV32T.jpg

They noted that years ago right before TP got it's initial release. That's a separate thing and that was yet another ignorant stance against TP accusing them of just stealing code. Not one shred of evidence has come out on that. They're just too stubborn to go back on their original stance is all. Since launch, TP has been the one to get a game compatible first and then other emus like GLALLRH get them working weeks later.

100% sure it's a money making project? Bold statement. :) It started full closed source, then it's been getting more and more open source (majority now). It moved away from infrequent bi-monthly releases to smaller iterative releases to get stuff out faster to everyone. It's evolving for the better and compat has continued to grow despite what some people choose to believe.

I did state the past month, it's been a little slow and they need to move some games out of Patreon, but I think that's getting really blown out of proportion and not out of the norm for emulators. There's busy times and down times. It's been a little down in may/june but people should try to avoid freaking out about that.  

If the "community" wants to help, go for it. Many people actually have and you can see their commits here:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

And you're complaining that he posted a satirical meme and you deem that to not be "what emulation is about"? We're really digging deep to find things to complain about. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Edited by eproxy

Il y a 21 heures, alfman a dit :

I created a Video from my "Sega Rally 3" Problem with the Palm Trees. It is a really really strange Problem. Can it be the AMD Processor that is the Problem?

At the END of the Video you will see that when i drive backwards the Palm Trees are not falling, they are will stay again.

PC System :

Windows 7 64-Bit
AMD FX-8350
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GTX 970

TP Version v1.0.0.140

I use AMD processor and the game works fine. I use TP 1.0.0 122  and W7 for all the games until that point. And the actualized versión for newers, which works not as well

Edited by croublan

vor 31 Minuten schrieb croublan:

I use AMD processor and the game works fine. I use TP 1.0.0 122  and W7 for all the games until that point. And the actualized versión for newers, which works not as well

Thx for your Answer. In the Meantime i tested on another Machine with a FX-6300 Processor, and its working fine there. I really dont know what the Problem could be. Soooooo.... strange.... mysterious....

• Like 1

@LEGEND80

ive not even read harfway through your reply, and i have decided not to carry on reading..

you have to much time on your hands, clearly! :P

im bigger than to get into a reply with you.. i stand by all i wrote.. 

your clearly a very small delicate little person.. good luck with that! :very-good:

• Like 1

All the games except 4/5 old ones work fine for me. I split TP into 2 parts now. everything upto 1.22. because all games work fine on that build, and TP 2 - everything after 122. That way updates dont effect older games now. and don;t have to recheck every game after each update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SOYABEAN said:

All the games except 4/5 old ones work fine for me. I split TP into 2 parts now. everything upto 1.22. because all games work fine on that build, and TP 2 - everything after 122. That way updates dont effect older games now. and don;t have to recheck every game after each update.

ive split mine too.. and for everything that dont run NOMORE ive managed to use type x loader ,gameloader and jconfig.. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LEGEND80 said:

We're not talking about opinions here. And even so, I guess I'm not allowed to express mine? We're talking about twisting data and facts. Maybe you like to just make you're own facts and that's fine if that's you're thing.

And changing my name to Hitler because I'm encouraging people to open their eyes a little to accurate information, not join the herd/bandwagon by being toxic, offtopic and spreading cancerous negative sentiment about a free emulator, and not attacking the devs when they've done nothing wrong.

Again, tell me what happened to Mohkerz. Think about what this consistent, entitled, complaining does to the developers around this scene....I've been following emulation since the 90's and I've seen a lot of nagging for x game to be fixed and y game to be perfect, etc, but what I've seen from this thread in the past few months takes the cake. So good job, you win....I guess? :) I'm trying to stop the avalanche of bs here in hopes we don't lose more contributors because of intense whining about occasional regressions and having to donate 5$ to help fund equipment to gain access to like 3 titles out of their massive library.

I guarantee I help more people out around here than you do and have been contributing for quite a while. And you freaked out on me the other day when I was making a general statement about the annoying whining and unwarranted negativity on this thread, not targeting you. Read it again.

You do understand that maybe the reason they haven't fixed some of those issues is because they are damn hard and time consuming to fix. If they want to go add 4 new (working) titles to the library instead of fixing 1 defect in 1 game that may or may not be popular is up to them. It's their emulator, their decision. Respect that or go build your own emulator.

And no one is forcing you to pay for anything. Donations to developers of emulation has been around for decades. Another thing people are trying to single out and attack TP on. Doesn't make any sense.

Why can't we compare it to other emulators? That's typically how people align on expectations, by comparing one thing to another similar thing. That's how you get something called perspective. What are you comparing it to then? Just what you want?

1. What games? Be specific, not just make blanket statements. Did you log the issues in their tracker like they request? How do they know what to fix if you don't log bugs? How do you know they won't fix them unless you try to follow their regression tracking SOP? You can be proactive and do something about it. Not just bring it up in some thread somewhere. Accomplishes nothing. I've reported several regression lately in their discord and mins later it was fixed. No joke. Something was broken in SB last week, I reported it and Reaver checked in a fix in OpenParrot within an hour. Does he get any kind of credit for that? Nope. So maybe if you report things properly, they'll get fixed properly.

2. Ummm, this is getting more and more standard hate to say. Early access is very common and a good way for devs to get some funds so they can spend more time on the emu and get new equipment. rpcs3, cemu, yuzu, etc...

3. Did you see the release list I posted. Very active recently. Maybe not in the past few weeks but this is not their full time job. Maybe they get to go on vacation occasionally? :) week

4. I don't see passion always with some of these comments, I see it more as attacking and whining, with zero appreciation being shown (by a group of people on here). Not everyone, but there's definitely a herd here that likes to focus only on the negative and skew things a certain way.

If people are being passionate about arcade games, they should be spending their time playing the compatible arcade games on TP, Mame and so on and not just demanding fixes and more games to be released on an daily basis. That's the point I was trying to make.  It'll come with time and patience. Enjoy what you have.

TP is mostly open source. So that's inaccurate. If people want to go fix bugs, they can right now. Nothing is stopping them. That a very important point that's being missed here.

TP is free, with a early access model. Like I've said before, if you don't want to donate, enjoy the free version, sans a couple games. I know you feel everyone is entitled to everything for free immediately and the devs don't deserve a chance to maybe fund their time and equipment because back in the 60's people didn't do that... but others feel differently. I've been using emulators since the 90's and I have no issue chipping in a few bucks to get early access.I know my money is going toward the project in some way. It's a little thing I can do to contribute without checking in code. I wonder what others are doing to be helpful and contribute to the project...and no demanding no regressions and a constant stream of new games is not helpful.

They noted that years ago right before TP got it's initial release. That's a separate thing and that was yet another ignorant stance against TP accusing them of just stealing code. Not one shred of evidence has come out on that. They're just too stubborn to go back on their original stance is all. Since launch, TP has been the one to get a game compatible first and then other emus like GLALLRH get them working weeks later.

100% sure it's a money making project? Bold statement. :) It started full closed source, then it's been getting more and more open source (majority now). It moved away from infrequent bi-monthly releases to smaller iterative releases to get stuff out faster to everyone. It's evolving for the better and compat has continued to grow despite what some people choose to believe.

I did state the past month, it's been a little slow and they need to move some games out of Patreon, but I think that's getting really blown out of proportion and not out of the norm for emulators. There's busy times and down times. It's been a little down in may/june but people should try to avoid freaking out about that.  

If the "community" wants to help, go for it. Many people actually have and you can see their commits here:

Hidden Content

And you're complaining that he posted a satirical meme and you deem that to not be "what emulation is about"? We're really digging deep to find things to complain about. LOL.

Troll.

anyone can help me give link of teknoparrot 1.0.0. 122? just post here , or send me link on my mail vegeta79@live.it

thanks you so much for who pass me link 

1 minute ago, alessandro784 said:

anyone can help me give link of teknoparrot 1.0.0. 122? just post here , or send me link on my mail vegeta79@live.it

thanks you so much for who pass me link 

Hidden Content

u can find it here

• Like 2

THANKS HANK YOU SO MUCH 

@LEGEND80

Thank you for using common sense in your (very long) response.

To everyone else:

If there's something broken - REPORT IT PROPERLY.  How can the developers fix something if all the info they have is "this game does not work on my shitty intel PC from 2005 fix it now shitty emulator"?

Tthere is a lot of progress happening on TP but there are no new dumps yet. List of games: 

Hidden Content

• Like 2

Just my 2 cents

TP has been a game changer for my racing cab. Big thanks to all the dev’s. Well it’s not perfect, running multiple versions through a good front end is the best way to keep sanity sometimes when new versions  break games.

Edited by Lazz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wwsss said:

@ LEGEND80

To everyone else:

If there's something broken - REPORT IT PROPERLY. How can the developers fix something if they do not know this shitty intel PC from 2005 shitty emulator?

Tthere is a lot of progress happening on TP but there are no new dumps yet. List of games: 

Hidden Content

Seriously?  Every page on this forum talks about how broken everything is.  All the developers have to do is read the posts.

• Like 1

That's the point though. It's just blanket, unhelpful "everything is broken!" statements. They need specifics and they need to be properly logged.

I'm in QA and if I don't log clear defects with repro steps and screenshots, and I only walk around the office exclaiming that a bunch of stuff doesn't work, ain't nothing getting fixed, trust me.

Defect Tracker:

Hidden Content

Use the Compatibility list for reference - if it claims it's working and it's not, you can log a new bug:

Hidden Content

They also are fairly responsive over on the Discord channels:

Hidden Content

Yes they break stuff. It happens. But it's no where near as bad as some people are trying to make it out. They don't have a QA team nor automated integration tests. Let's just do what we can to add proper visibility into the issues. Thankfully, there's a steady stream of new builds nowadays, with plenty of bug fixes here and there.

I'm still waiting on some regressions that rpcs3 caused like a year ago. Sometimes they remove hacks to achieve better accuracy, idk. Debugging problems and tediously resolving some low level bs is not fun. We're all guilty of prioritizing fun new "easy" things over cleaning up of old crap. Accuracy comes with time. No emulator prevents new titles from getting added to compat. library until all existing games are defect-free.

Let's just be careful thinking there's some kind of conspiracy going on here and it's intentional to profit somehow. ;) I don't believe that for one sec, but that's just me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone has their own process, but I think the common trap for people new to the scene are to update to the newest thing the second it is released.

While it is great to test and provide <constructive> feedback, you do not want to employ this tactic on your main system.  Like SOYABEAN said above, I have a similar method for using tools like Teknoparrot and I don't seem to have huge issues with "everything being broken".

Once I get a game working with a particular loader or emulator it's done.  I move on.  There is no need to update the loader or emulator for that specific game unless some new overwhelming fix or feature was specifically related to that title.  Even then I test it on a separate drive/PC for a period of time before deploying the change to my main configuration.  Food for thought...

I'm trying to get Afterburner Climax, Outrun 2 and Under Defeat HD+ from page 1 of this topic but the links seem to no longer be working.  Does anybody know of any other place I could find them?  I have searched all over and emuline seems to be the only source for links to the dumps.  I'm really getting back into Teknoparrot and would like to try many of the compatible games if I could find them. I've got 12 so far since I found out about Teknoparrot back in December 2018.

1 hour ago, Calavera said:

I'm trying to get Afterburner Climax, Outrun 2 and Under Defeat HD+ from page 1 of this topic but the links seem to no longer be working.  Does anybody know of any other place I could find them?  I have searched all over and emuline seems to be the only source for links to the dumps.  I'm really getting back into Teknoparrot and would like to try many of the compatible games if I could find them. I've got 12 so far since I found out about Teknoparrot back in December 2018.

after burner climax .7z   671.7 MB

Hidden Content

OutRun 2 STD.7z857.3 MB

Hidden Content

udx_hdplus.7z (700.7 MB)

Hidden Content

sfce206.7z  (2.8 GB)

Hidden Content

puyoquest.7z  (946.9 MB)

Hidden Content

Arcade_Love2.rar  (122.7 MB)

Hidden Content

Initial D Arcade Stage 5 Export.7z2.51 GB

Hidden Content

Virtua Tennis 3.7z669.5 MB

Hidden Content

virtua fighter 5 Ver. B Expert.7z3.08 GB

Hidden Content

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, spiderzsoft said:
*links

Wow thank you very much spiderzsoft! I really appreciate your help.

17 hours ago, ssphaneuf said:

Typicially no change log for UI changes and Open parrot. if you're interested y ou can go to the go check out the teknoparrot github for changes 

What changes in the last 2 months? Any new games that didn't work and now do? Nothing major. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LEGEND80 said:

Hidden Content

Hey guys, didn't know you were here, but now you are...sit down and eat some apple pie!

11 hours ago, wwsss said:

@LEGEND80

To everyone else:

If there's something broken - REPORT IT PROPERLY.  How can the developers fix something if all the info they have is "this game does not work on my shitty intel PC from 2005 fix it now shitty emulator"?

Hidden Content

ha, are you serious ? 

all the info they need is here on this forum, if they took time to read it then maybe we wouldnt be go round in circles!!

its there project they should know what breaks and list that in there changelog!! 

i dont have time to be logging it for them..

PS: im not running it on a 2005 intel pc either :very-good:

Edited by myarcade
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, myarcade said:

ha, are you serious ? 

all the info they need is here on this forum, if they took time to read it then maybe we wouldnt be go round in circles!!

its there project they should know what breaks and list that in there changelog!! 

i dont have time to be logging it for them..

PS: im not running it on a 2005 intel pc either 

As a Patreon, you are PAYING to be a tester!  Hahaha

• Haha 1

All I see are members helping members.  No one is fixing squat, definitely don't care at the least.

Submit a report....  You fckin serious?!?  Lol

Edited by ultimatepump
Extra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ultimatepump said:

Should have been, donations are welcome. NOT pay to play our exclusive stuff that doesn't even work mostly.

lets just hope things change as its a good project.. 

im sure @LEGEND80 will keep us in the loop as he seems to be a marketing tool for TP

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's a revolutionary emulation project.  All the angst and bickering is because things, a lot of things are broken and people just expect change and repair in future releases.  These guys are talented and you can't take that away from them.  But... Rule 1 in emulation is you do not get paid for an emulator or rom.  Donations is the magic word and gets more respect.  Why would someone pay to test drive a car?  You wouldn't.  Same deal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, myarcade said:

ive split mine too.. and for everything that dont run NOMORE ive managed to use type x loader ,gameloader and jconfig.. :)

You hit the nail on the head. What kind of loader/emulator stuffs games up with nearly every update and makes no improvement? Anyway, this is my last rant at Teknoparrot because it's a waste of time. The developers have clearly focused on making money instead of contributing to the arcade emulation scene. Their loader, they can do whatever they want, I suppose. 

Here look, the latest 2 version updates....are you kidding me? This is so slack and rather insulting to the emulation scene. I'm sorry, but I'm had it. 

image.png.fe6027e372aa3fcd86abf0419ede4e68.png

Edited by sky2310
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Je voudrais parler aux personnes présentes sur le forum que le Mega ne fonctionne pas et donne cette erreur Plus de quota.Veuillez vous connecter pour télécharger, je demande à la personne qui a mis les roms de l'émulateur Teknoparrot de drive.google.com car au moins Mega à l'heure qui est sur le point de terminer le téléchargement de la rom de cette erreur Plus de quota.Veuillez vous connecter pour télécharger, s'il vous plaît la personne qui a placé les roms par Mega mettez les roms par drive.google.com, s'il vous plaît !!!!! !!!!!!!!

Gostaria de Falar ao povo daqui do fórum que o Mega não esta funcionado e fica dando esse erro  Over quota.Please login to download, eu peço a pessoa do Fórum  que colocou coloque as Roms do Emulador  Teknoparrot  pelo drive.google.com, porque pelo Mega na hora que esta preste a terminar o download da rom da esse erro Over quota.Please login to download, por favor a pessoa que colocou as roms pelo Mega coloque as Roms pelo drive.google.com, por favor !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Il y a 3 heures, sky2310 a dit :

You hit the nail on the head. What kind of loader/emulator stuffs games up with nearly every update and makes no improvement? Anyway, this is my last rant at Teknoparrot because it's a waste of time. The developers have clearly focused on making money instead of contributing to the arcade emulation scene. Their loader, they can do whatever they want, I suppose. 

Here look, the latest 2 version updates....are you kidding me? This is so slack and rather insulting to the emulation scene. I'm sorry, but I'm had it. 

If you don't like it, don't use it. Use another emulator to play these games. Stop messing up the forum, people try to help each other here.

Edited by croublan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1