spindizzi

Teknoparrot Loader | Arcade PC

7 minutes ago, vince16 said:

This key (or should I say button, as it is not shaped like a keyboard key) indeed lies with other buttons, to turn the volume up and down, mute, play/pause, favorites etc. but I just tried pressing it in-game right now and it opened a web page, since, well, there's "www" below it...

Sorry for the noob question but my question still remains... what is a "home button"? lol

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

if you dont have it maybe turn off the FN function on your keyboard and press the home button with the www on it. 

The home key is in the "Other Keys" section

9070155_orig.jpg

Edited by maabus

10 hours ago, buttersoft said:

I have a question about Grid Arcade, specifically about the sega\grid\debug\config.xml file and options. I have the commented version, and some entries are easy. Others are a little obscure.

alternate_cars="1" ((what does changing this actually do? Is this how you pick which car you're driving, or just what the field is, and you don't get to choose your car?))

difficulty_level="pro" ((what other options are there, if any?))
difficulty_ratio="1.0" ((I presume this affects difficulty as well? What ratio are they talking about? How good the leading ai car is compared to the back of the grid?))

Any help appreciated :)

On the alternative cars I am not too sure what that means, if you want to change the difficulty just do it in sega shell, copy it to your C:\ if not already there, just the shell not the whole game, in that you can change your default view, difficulty, track packs etc, the debug options will only work in debug mode and includes a le mans mode among other things.

Il y a 20 heures, TomW1972 a dit :

Assuming your TV is a full high definition with the res of 1920x1080, it should also run at 1360x768 which is the resolution I use for most games, as for scanlines it is best not to have them for on games that are not old enough to be in Mame, they would have had an LCD screen originally in the arcade anyway so will not look right with them switched on, they are also much harder on your graphics card, hence the slowdown, try Geom mod with the scanline effect turned off but leave it flipped by 90 degrees and see how you like that effect, just switch the scanline effect off by editing the reshade ini, the sv patch is just to save the game settings.

Those slowdowns in shikigami no shiro III would be due to my PC not able to cope with some 15-year old game running in a small window about 1/3rd the size of the tv screen with a bezel and some scanlines? When it runs the likes of Daytona USA in Full HD with hardly a hiccup (only when cornering, with the smoke but w/e), or Sega Rally 3 in 1280x720 butter-smooth? How do they make those patches? 

Anyway, I agree with you about scanlines best left on those old games emulated by MAME and I'd like to get rid of them in shiki III. So, if I can't find that home button on my keyboard (lol), maybe I can alter the Reshade.ini file to remove them? What is it I should change in there, then?

7 minutes ago, VirtuaTK said:

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 on TP

So i removed the jconfig stuff.

Loads to a yellow screen. Is it because I need to enter i.p?

Anyway it dumps garbage files to the root drive.

It also did the same on another usb drive plugged in. lol 

It is a different exe for teknoparrot than jconfig, you will find it here 

Hidden Content

6 minutes ago, TomW1972 said:

It is a different exe for teknoparrot than jconfig, you will find it here 

Hidden Content

thanks it didn't dump the garbage but now to finding out how to get past yellow screen.

It's probably been mentioned but like looking for needle in haystack in forum.

1 minute ago, vince16 said:

Those slowdowns in shikigami no shiro III would be due to my PC not able to cope with some 15-year old game running in a small window about 1/3rd the size of the tv screen with a bezel and some scanlines? When it runs the likes of Daytona USA in Full HD with hardly a hiccup (only when cornering, with the smoke but w/e), or Sega Rally 3 in 1280x720 butter-smooth? How do they make those patches? 

Anyway, I agree with you about scanlines best left on those old games emulated by MAME and I'd like to get rid of them in shiki III. So, if I can't find that home button on my keyboard (lol), maybe I can alter the Reshade.ini file to remove them? What is it I should change in there, then?

From memory I think you just change CRT effect = 1 to CRT effect = 0 or something to that effect

6 minutes ago, VirtuaTK said:

thanks it didn't dump the garbage but now to finding out how to get past yellow screen.

It's probably been mentioned but like looking for needle in haystack in forum.

Try it with just the top two boxes ticked, freeplay and terminal emulator, set your IP as 0.0.0.0.

9 minutes ago, TomW1972 said:

Try it with just the top two boxes ticked, freeplay and terminal emulator, set your IP as 0.0.0.0.

Yeah strange a box was auto ticked that stopped it working.

Still no good though as it looks like the test menu needs to be accessed to calibrate steering.

Yet another game that turns by itself.

I found it! I finally found it! Thanks Maabus for your explanation with an image! ... which totally paints me as a 1st-grade kid who discovers PC but w/e, lol. The only thing that matters is the result :)

Thanks TomW1972 also for your help!

So there is that button (except it's not called "Home" on my keyboard), and there is indeed a menu you can access in-game with Teknoparrot by pressing it that lets you change the settings of the patch with your mouse... Wow, I'm discovering something yet again. This may sound obvious for people who have always been PC gamers, but I was always a console gamer. 

So I removed all the junk that was on the screen (except for the bezel, cause it's nice), and the game indeed runs better. But it's still not exactly the full speed the game is supposed to run at I think.

Any other idea to improve this?

Also, I have Gigawing Generations that has the same problem and is displayed horizontally. Can I apply the patch I'm using on Shikigami no Shiro III on it? (I'll just remove the inappropriate bezel altogether)

Or anyone has a patch for Gigawing Gen that has an appropriate bezel, perhaps?

8 minutes ago, vince16 said:

I found it! I finally found it! Thanks Maabus for your explanation with an image! ... which totally paints me as a 1st-grade kid who discovers PC but w/e, lol. The only thing that matters is the result :)

So there is that button (except it's not called "Home" on my keyboard), and there is indeed a menu you can access in-game with Teknoparrot by pressing it that lets you change the settings of the patch with your mouse... Wow, I'm discovering something yet again. This may sound obvious for people who have always been PC gamers, but I was always a console gamer. 

So I removed all the junk that was on the screen (except for the bezel, cause it's nice), and the game indeed runs better. But it's still not exactly the full speed the game is supposed to run at I think.

Also, I have Gigawing Generations that has the same problem and is displayed horizontally. Can I apply the patch I'm using on Shikigami no Shiro III on it? (I'll just remove the inappropriate bezel altogether)

if you look on Virus man site. The red car menus.

Find teknoparrot about 3 cars up is a patches section.

These contain what you are looking for.

Hidden Content

Edited by VirtuaTK

@vince16

Have you tried using GLARH for Taito/Nesica games. It has a rotate option, and seems to work better for all of those games. 

3 minutes ago, vince16 said:

If its a Nvidia graphics card you are using go to the nv setting click on program setting and set it to prefer maximum performance and set your graphic card to performance, it will just be for that game, if its still slow set buffer flipping to block transfer. For Gigawing use gameloader to flip it and add a bezel of your choice or leave it blank, bit of experimentation.

2 minutes ago, VirtuaTK said:

Anyway to enter test menu to fix steering for wmn6r?

Not that I know of the test menu doesn't work for me but try the settings on TP, you might get some resolution out of that buddy, is it a wheel you are using?

6 minutes ago, TomW1972 said:

Not that I know of the test menu doesn't work for me but try the settings on TP, you might get some resolution out of that buddy, is it a wheel you are using?

Controller. Had this issue with many TP games and fixed them by calibrating in menu.

Setting sensitivity in TP makes no odds.

Not sure I could navigate through the JP menu anyway.

Edit: Actually my smartphone would probably translate.

Maybe a menu fix will come one day.

Edited by VirtuaTK

Too advanced for me to navigate through a Japanese menu as well but someone will have a fix for it I am sure.

1 hour ago, maabus said:

you can use this link, but it is the Actual FM14 .VHD file. 

Hidden Content

Once you download it, open disk management in windows. If you are on Win 10 right click start, and click Disk managment

click action

click attach vhd (this will mount the vhd as a new drive)

copy the files from the new drive to your DOA 6 FM14 folder where you store your games. 

You can get my updates from Mega here if you dont want to use Virus-Man's site. 

SDEM_FM10_20190625210506_0 - 70MB

Hidden Content

SDFM_FM11_20190704140157_1_FM10 - 1.39GB

Hidden Content

SDFM_FM12_20190806212044_1_FM10 - 2.97GB

Hidden Content

SDFM_FM13_20190925165441_1_FM10 - 4.61GB

Hidden Content

If you want the latest version with 30 characters, and 30 costumes download the FM13 update, and extract it into your FM14 folder and overwrite. 

Remember FM14 is the base for all of the updates. 

I got a error when trying to attach file

”the chain of virtual hard drives is broken, the system can not locate the virtual parent hard disk for the differencing disk “

7 minutes ago, tommiegunz said:

”the chain of virtual hard drives is broken, the system can not locate the virtual parent hard disk for the differencing disk “

Sorry tommie... that is internal_1. i need to find you internal_0. I'm trying to find where i got it from

I'm hoping this is it. This is from the 1cc discord. 

Hidden Content

when you open the vhd, look for muscle_apm3.exe   that is the DOA6 exe. 

Edited by maabus

2 minutes ago, tommiegunz said:

You need to have the FM 14 file as your base then just mount the other files one at a time and copy and paste each one into FM 14, technically you only need it and FM 13 will update it to the latest version as maabus has said previously.

2 minutes ago, TomW1972 said:

You need to have the FM 14 file as your base then just mount the other files one at a time and copy and paste each one into FM 14, technically you only need it and FM 13 will update it to the latest version as maabus has said previously.

He's trying to get FM14 but not from Virusman's site.. He's having issues with Uptobox.

I sent him the wrong link to the original FM14 download and got the error when you try to extract the updates from the VHD without the base VHD.

Ah ok maabus, it's easy enough done with all the updates, Tommie, it's a fantastic game both looking and playing though well worth the bother and even better with all the characters unlocked, you could try Jdowloader to get stuff from VM's sight.

2 minutes ago, ElpheltFutanari said:

can someone upload the doa6 base to mega? 

Look at my post 4 posts up. Then look at tommie's post right above that post. This will give you the base .vhd file that you can mount in disk management. Once it is mounted as a drive you can copy the files out, Eject the drive when it is done copying the files, and then you can get rid of the .vhd file, and you will have the base FM14 

1 minute ago, maabus said:

I’ve searched for a ini or txt file to try change doa6 to 4k I think its 1080p res but I don’t see a way but

it looks awesome even as is

On 18/08/2021 at 7:02 PM, R.R.Z. said:

Thanks it’s working 

I guess it’s better to use it with e02 I’ve got a headache from trying all this versions and exes 😵‍💫

Could you please reshare this, thankyou

Just now, fire10 said:

Could you please reshare this, thankyou

Actually I didn’t use it eventually i used vm way all you need to do is

rename the exe.orig to exe(delete the one that doesn’t work first)

and it’ll work fine

5 hours ago, TomW1972 said:

On the alternative cars I am not too sure what that means, if you want to change the difficulty just do it in sega shell, copy it to your C:\ if not already there, just the shell not the whole game, in that you can change your default view, difficulty, track packs etc, the debug options will only work in debug mode and includes a le mans mode among other things.

I'm fairly certain enabling the debug mode overrides anything in the shell config though? I imagine that would be the case for single/multiplayer settings, but also for difficultly? And the difficulty options in the normal shell look different.

Edited by buttersoft

Il y a 9 heures, VirtuaTK a dit :

if you look on Virus man site. The red car menus.

Find teknoparrot about 3 cars up is a patches section.

These contain what you are looking for.

Hidden Content

Thanks VirtuaTK. Turns out I had already downloaded a zip file from this site that contains most of, if not all, the patches needed for traditional Teknoparrot games, so I had the one for Gigawing Gens.

The problem now however is that, while I appreciate bezels in general, this brown one for Gigawing is downright ugly and doesn't fit the game at all. Is it possible to replace it with another one?

I see there's a folder in the game's root folder called "images" that contains what appear to be a bunch of nice, Taito Type X, Examu Ex-Board or Konami e-amusement bezels, although they have the companies' logos right in the middle where the game screen should be, and are for the most part not oriented the right way for a vertical shmup. Is it really as simple as removing the one I don't want that's in sv\Reshade-shaders\textures folder and replacing it with the one that fits found in "images" folder? I won't have a big fat "Taito" right in the middle of my game if I do?

1 hour ago, vince16 said:

Thanks VirtuaTK. Turns out I had already downloaded a zip file from this site that contains most of, if not all, the patches needed for traditional Teknoparrot games, so I had the one for Gigawing Gens.

The problem now however is that, while I appreciate bezels in general, this brown one for Gigawing is downright ugly and doesn't fit the game at all. Is it possible to replace it with another one?

I see there's a folder in the game's root folder called "images" that contains what appear to be a bunch of nice, Taito Type X, Examu Ex-Board or Konami e-amusement bezels, although they have the companies' logos right in the middle where the game screen should be, and are for the most part not oriented the right way for a vertical shmup. Is it really as simple as removing the one I don't want that's in sv\Reshade-shaders\textures folder and replacing it with the one that fits found in "images" folder? I won't have a big fat "Taito" right in the middle of my game if I do?

Sorry can't really help with that as I remove screen curves and bezels when I can.

hi tekken 7 rounds two won't open help please the screen comes on the game won't open

6 minutes ago, arcade_power said:

Which of the "Tekken 7 Round 2" files should I download from Virusman's site if I want to play it in TP? 

Ve02 and use vm way rename the exe.orig to exe and it should work don’t forget to delete the exe that doesn’t work before

Edited by R.R.Z.

4 minutes ago, arcade_power said:

Which of the "Tekken 7 Round 2" files should I download from Virusman's site if I want to play it in TP? 

I think there only is one version of Tekken 7 FR Round 2

10 minutes ago, TomW1972 said:

Is there an updated version of it as well, with more characters or something R.R.Z?

No I think its basically the same but e02 ver on vm website is not the jconfig modified ver that doesn’t work with tp ver 4.01 that has 48 characters isn’t public yet

Edited by R.R.Z.