Jump to content
spindizzi

Teknoparrot Loader | Arcade PC

Recommended Posts

Its a bit quiet in here over the weekend?

Is anyone by chance waiting for an update before they make any further changes to TP? :) lol.

 

If that's the case you are human and most of us following this thread were thinking the same thing! At least me anyway!

 

A fix maybe for Outrun 2 (or news of Rambo,Time Crisis 5,Transformers, or to the extreme, battlepod etc)?? Who knows?

Hopefully Reaver will address these issues first before moving onward with any more games systems. And add Pooterman and Soyabeans newest TP wheel art if possible to complete the wheel art set?

 

A person can only hope! :) Nail biting stuff!

 

Bring on TP 1.7 and HOPEFULLY A FIX FOR 0utRun2 first ??!!??

 

VIVA la 0utRun2 (jennifer file) as this seems to be the most wanted and anticipated fix on this thread in the last 5-15 pages of this thread!

 

:) Fingers crossed!

Edited by melodical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gStAv said:

 

Thanks mate! I will try this. Just have time to start the game. Could not get into the service mode strangely, so I checked my JConfig which seems to be a special one just for his title named JConfigGA4.exe.

I found how to change the volume here and aso the region, but nothing have effect. Could this be due to the demulshoooter I have to run as my aimtrak is too sensetive otherwise?

 

I opened the minigun.ini and successfully change the region to U so I got english but changeing the volume 100 did no effect.

Would be a happy camper if you have Gaia Attack 4 and care to check how yours behave.

 

Thanks in advance!

well i will dig it up and add it to my download queue ... and see what happens with this game .

but i think with AHK it will be fixed ... either the (Send {Volume_Down 3})  command or what SOYABEAN suggested (  SoundSetWaveVolume, 10 ) command.

try it out and hopefully it will work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 23/09/2018 à 07:41, ginzu a dit :

Je me demande si jeu peux garder ma ledbar de wii en lieu et place des énormes led stand de ems??? :what:

@STF sais tu si ça fonctionne?

Non je ne sais pas, je n'utilise pas de ledbar wii, pour jouer sous dolphin j'ai pris la dolphin bar.

 

 

Le 23/09/2018 à 07:41, ginzu a dit :

@STF

Au pire, essai troobleshooter2 de howard casto ou demande conseil a argonlefou, 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Je l'utilise pour les versions PC de  HOTD III, et virtua cop 2

 

 

Le 23/09/2018 à 07:41, ginzu a dit :

@STF

.... mais j'ai plus du tout eu le temps de m'y coller depuis un moment aussi.

Ce me rassure je ne suis pas seul dans ce cas... :ptdr:

 

 

Le 21/09/2018 à 17:58, NoKey a dit :

 

Download link ?

le premier de la liste

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Edited by STF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The settings you pick in game test menus, are they saved in the Windows user's profile directories?  Or for example the profile (card) data for games like Initial D, is that also saved under the Windows user profile?

 

My plan was to have different Windows users for different purposes, so for multiplayer log in as these users, for singleplayer log in as this user, to have your own save with your own progress you make your own user, for random guests to play the games we have another user we can wipe the progress from, etc.

 

Does that sound like it would work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko1 said:

The settings you pick in game test menus, are they saved in the Windows user's profile directories?  Or for example the profile (card) data for games like Initial D, is that also saved under the Windows user profile?

 

My plan was to have different Windows users for different purposes, so for multiplayer log in as these users, for singleplayer log in as this user, to have your own save with your own progress you make your own user, for random guests to play the games we have another user we can wipe the progress from, etc.

 

Does that sound like it would work?

you can wipe a games progress in the test menu.

 

I found out the reason we don't have a sega chihiro emulator it's because the xbox is basically a sega chihiro (you can play the sega chihiro on it lol) so because theirs no good xbox emulators out there thats why we have no sega chihiro emulator yet

 

 

Edited by SOYABEAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 saat önce, STF said:

le premier de la liste

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Can we install Windows 7 drivers on Windows 10 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a une heure, NoKey a dit :

 

Can we install Windows 7 drivers on Windows 10 ?

Pour les EMS TOPGUN II, oui ça marche sans problème, je l'ai fait sur W10 x64

Avant d'installer les drivers W7, il faut forcer W10 à accepter les drivers non signés

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SOYABEAN said:

you can wipe a games progress in the test menu.

 

But what about using different Windows users to get different test menu settings and progress, will that work?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko1 said:

But what about using different Windows users to get different test menu settings and progress, will that work?

 

you would have to have 2 different versions of that game to do that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SOYABEAN said:

you would have to have 2 different versions of that game to do that

 

So the files for the machine's settings are stored in the same directory as the game?  Is there a list somewhere that shows the filenames/paths of these memory files for all these games?  If not I guess I'll have to change settings on each game and analyze the directory for changes.  If I know the files maybe I can use some kinda scripting to do what I want.

 

But for card emulation like Initial D, the data is saved under the Windows user profile correct?  I think I read that somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jacko1 said:

So the files for the machine's settings are stored in the same directory as the game?  Is there a list somewhere that shows the filenames/paths of these memory files for all these games?  If not I guess I'll have to change settings on each game and analyze the directory for changes.  If I know the files maybe I can use some kinda scripting to do what I want.

 

But for card emulation like Initial D, the data is saved under the Windows user profile correct?  I think I read that somewhere.

I am running hyperspin, some of my games save in game folder some saves appear on the root of hyperspin D drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden schrieb jacko1:

But for card emulation like Initial D, the data is saved under the Windows user profile correct?  I think I read that somewhere.

 

If you're running the RingEdge Initial D Trilogy by making use of the renowned Initial D Arcade Stage Launcher - which then again has to be placed into the same folder where your Teknoparrot installation resides -, all your Initial D Card data is gonna be saved into specially created subfolders of your Teknoparrot folder (which are named ID6_CARD, ID7_CARD and ID8_CARD). However, I'm not quite sure where exactly the Card saves are to be found if you start your Initial D racing games with Teknoparrot all alone. Anyway, for the purpose of logic it would be only consistent to assume that in such a case saving takes place either somewhere in the Teknoparrot directory or within the respective Initial D 6,7 & 8 main folder.

Edited by Pantherheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pantherheart said:

 

If you're running the RingEdge Initial D Trilogy by making use of the renowned Initial D Arcade Stage Launcher - which then again has to be placed into the same folder where your Teknoparrot installation resides -, all your Initial D Card data is gonna be saved into specially created subfolders of your Teknoparrot folder (which are named ID6_CARD, ID7_CARD and ID8_CARD). However, I'm not quite sure where exactly the Card saves are to be found if you start your Initial D racing games with Teknoparrot all alone. Anyway, for the purpose of logic it would be only consistent to assume that in such a case saving takes place either somewhere in the Teknoparrot directory or within the respective Initial D 6,7 & 8 main folder.

I'm not using that ID Launcher, but when I searched I see the screenshot I remember coming across it before, however I always thought it was just an editor.  I'm not sure what I'll do now, after all these replies I guess my idea of using Windows users to have different "users" for the arcade games isn't going to work.  I'll have to check where Teknoparrot stores the Initial D card data, but even if that is part of the Windows user profile, that doesn't solve it for all games. 

 

Thanks everyone.

 

EDIT: Ok I confirmed that the Initial D card data generated by Teknoparrot alone is stored per Windows user, in \Users\AppData\Roaming\Teknoparrot  .

What has me confused is what other things might be stored per user, maybe machine settings are too.  For example, when you first launch Initial D 8 there's a steering wheel calibration that I've never been able to get working, but I bypass it by simply quitting and re-launching and it never asks for it again.  When I made a second test user, that calibration prompt returned.  Also the input mappings (Xbox 360 controller) are all there, but they don't work.  I have to remap them, exactly as they were there's no change, and then they start working.  Although that might be some kinda GUID issue??

 

EDIT 2: The machine settings, at least for ID8, are also stored per Windows user, in the same place.  There's an eprom and sram file there.  This gives me hope again, but the input mapping problem still ruins my idea :).

Edited by jacko1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 21/09/2018 à 21:31, Shippo a dit :

Thank you very much @all of you guys here. You are very friendly and Helpful to a Newbie like me. Dont see that often on Forums. Really Awesome! Thanks :)

 

Just my stone on the build, hyperspin is not as complicated as we can think.

First for my opinion you have to understand how Rocketlauncher work. You will used it to configure everything like padd, emulator, fade, and lot of thing as start your games with different frontend.

You will decide after of you want to use hyperspin or other.

To have a clear build, you should have one hyperspin folder, one Rocketlauncher and one roms folder. It's more easy 5o manage.

Is not much complicated after to mange your frontend like in retropie or another thing.

Enjoy 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bonjour, j'ai télécharger afterburner climax, cependant je ne sais pas comment l'ouvrir en effet c'est un fichier .bin….y a-t-il un logiciel pour pouvoir l'utiliser et ensuite on en fait quoi? surement une question bête, mais je suis nouveau dans ce forum et j'avoue j'ai un peut de male a suivre.

merci pour votre réponse cordialement

Edited by 7zxkv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minuti fa, alves ha scritto:

bonjour, j'ai télécharger afterburner climax, cependant je ne sais pas comment l'ouvrir en effet c'est un fichier .bin….y a-t-il un logiciel pour pouvoir l'utiliser et ensuite on en fait quoi? surement une question bête, mais je suis nouveau dans ce forum et j'avoue j'ai un peut de male a suivre.

merci pour votre réponse cordialement

Ciao Alves,

I'm sorry but I'm italian and i don't speak french...

 

Try this:

- Open bin file. You can use PowerISO, or 7zip (and maybe other tools).

- Extract Disc1 folder

- extract "

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
" file in Disc1 folder

- if you use an AMD graphic cars extract "shader" folder inside zip file you can find

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 inside Disc1 folder

- (optional) rename Disk1 folder to "AfterBurnerClimax" or your preferred name

- configure Teknoparrotui to open "abc 1080p".

 

Cheers

Luca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wildpumpk1n said:

 

Just my stone on the build, hyperspin is not as complicated as we can think.

First for my opinion you have to understand how Rocketlauncher work. You will used it to configure everything like padd, emulator, fade, and lot of thing as start your games with different frontend.

You will decide after of you want to use hyperspin or other.

To have a clear build, you should have one hyperspin folder, one Rocketlauncher and one roms folder. It's more easy 5o manage.

Is not much complicated after to mange your frontend like in retropie or another thing.

Enjoy 😂

 

I love hyperspin just keeping up with the media when you adding lots of games can be a pain but custom wise it's the best. 

 

 

Edited by SOYABEAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks i tried Golf GTI on version 1.64 and the game seems to freeze just before the race on the loading screen.Is there any fix for that?

 

EDIT: I realized that my USB headphones were causing a conflict with the game.Quite strange tough.

Edited by ark216

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 13 Stunden schrieb jacko1:

I'm not using that ID Launcher, but when I searched I see the screenshot I remember coming across it before, however I always thought it was just an editor.  I'm not sure what I'll do now, after all these replies I guess my idea of using Windows users to have different "users" for the arcade games isn't going to work. 

 

The IDAS Launcher not just serves as an excellent card editor, but also functions as a fabulous tool to make your game experience hassle-free, since you don't have to deal with any possible card reader problems anymore that could occur with at least older Teknoparrot versions.

 

One other thing I'd still like to contribute regarding your "different users" matter and which might be of interest for you is that I'm using two Teknoparrot programs on my harddrive, with an 8% Controller Deadzone in the one, and a 12% Deadzone in the other. Works like a charm when running the currently selected Teknoparrot instance, which means that those two different Deadzone settings never conflict among each other.

 

 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb NoKey:

Did you think much about quoting the first message ? :D

 

I was asking myself exactly the same question when I had to scroll down that said post of @alves :D

 

Edited by Pantherheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still havent managed to get a nesica game to run via technoparrot i can get the initial d games going, sega rally 3 going, wmmt 5 going, shining force cross raid and gti 3 all run just fine but no nesica game seems to run for me do they need to be on a certain drive letter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, douggle said:

I still havent managed to get a nesica game to run via technoparrot i can get the initial d games going, sega rally 3 going, wmmt 5 going, shining force cross raid and gti 3 all run just fine but no nesica game seems to run for me do they need to be on a certain drive letter? 

you need to add iDmac32drive to each game a few need dic32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wildpumpk1n said:

 

Just my stone on the build, hyperspin is not as complicated as we can think.

First for my opinion you have to understand how Rocketlauncher work. You will used it to configure everything like padd, emulator, fade, and lot of thing as start your games with different frontend.

You will decide after of you want to use hyperspin or other.

To have a clear build, you should have one hyperspin folder, one Rocketlauncher and one roms folder. It's more easy 5o manage.

Is not much complicated after to mange your frontend like in retropie or another thing.

Enjoy 😂

 

I think i may have started this Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher/HyperHQ/PC paranoia! Sorry to all the peops who are scared to use it.

In my post i said in was a "nightmare" to setup and a "headache". The only reason why i said this was because i have approx 350 HS/RL themes all working and mostly up to date with most System and Main menu themes,art,images,wheel art,xml files,databases,ahk modules etc and it has taken me ages (a few years as a hobby) to do this based on my HS theme overload! You will also need to get hold of the roms which is still possible. The hard bit is not setting it up its just if you want it all to work the filenames of the roms must also match the filenames of the wheel art,database for the system(xml) and videos. Although there are  still lots of places to get the roms (although a few big rom sites have been closed down recently!) most forums and places to download will also set upload/download ratios which means adding time and effort making sure you have everything and everything is named properly and placed correctly in the neccesary folders.

 

If you signed up and paid for Hyperspin they would sort you out with all of the matching names i mentioned above so this would save a hell! of a lot of time!!!!!! (but cannot dl roms from HS).

 

I did it the old fashion way and did not pay to signup for HS. This made things much more dificult and much more time consuming for me. So the best way is to sign up to them via website. Although the only drawback of ths is that it is not updated as much it used to be. (And other more modern Frontends are being built by Recalbox,Lauchbox,Big Box Etc and are made to simplify setting this up for people who are not used to HS or are not technical enough to fix an issue with HS/RL/HyperHQ setup.

 

The only reason people still use and love HS is that it still looks the sexiest when used on an Arcade Cab etc.

 

As the guy above said,

 

Install a few systems that will be easiest to do (HS includes lots of wheels and pics,artwork etc that are already in place i.e NES,Snes,MegaDrive,Genesis etc so start with basic systems like this which you only need to get the roms for and you will get a feel for how it works!!

 

If you watch the SimplyAustin (youtube Hyperspin 1.4) link in the last few pages it will do most of the hard work for you and give you a better sense of how it all works.

 

Also as previously mentioned if you buy a pre made Hyperspin drive dont expect all of it to work straight away as you will not be aware of the Windows drivers all the systems need (only a handfull of systems require this) and it is good to get software such as Daemon tools to load certain images like iso,bin before HS will boot the game.

 

Its not easy and its not too dificult its just very time consuming but in a good way. As you would be as happy as me as i am now in my position which pretty much every system running on my HS

Edited by melodical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YEAH SUPER TIME CONSUMING LOL................

 

2cx95ya.jpg

 

It's my birthday today, hoping 1.70 gets posted with HOTD4 and TC5 or maybe PRIMAL HUNT, few shooting games to waste the day away.

Edited by SOYABEAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 9 heures, SOYABEAN a dit :

YEAH SUPER TIME CONSUMING LOL................

 

 

It's my birthday today, hoping 1.70 gets posted with HOTD4 and TC5 or maybe PRIMAL HUNT, few shooting games to waste the day away.

Happy Birtday dude :) and i also thought we would have had a1.70 out as i thought the momentum was building up as they recently released 2 or 3 new TP builds in the last few weeks (with anticipated: Outrun2 fix and HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed!) any further news on Rambo,Transformers,Batllep0d,id patreon versions becoming non patreon versions)

 

If your age is equal to your points its 34, if its its equal to your posts you curently are 153yrs old. Which is it lol. (you sound about the same age as me otherwise you wouldn't have a wife 3 kids and an addiction to old school and Arcade gaming! LOL.

 

Also some new and interesting icons you posted there! Is that a gun theme (for which system or mixed?)

 

I have never heard of a few of them!! (Curious!)

 

UPDATE:

Actually its Dapne,Singe,mame if i am correct? (I am still using the rectangle wheel art 4:3 ratio)

Edited by 7zxkv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pantherheart said:

One other thing I'd still like to contribute regarding your "different users" matter and which might be of interest for you is that I'm using two Teknoparrot programs on my harddrive, with an 8% Controller Deadzone in the one, and a 12% Deadzone in the other. Works like a charm when running the currently selected Teknoparrot instance, which means that those two different Deadzone settings never conflict among each other.

Ok cool, I think I will have to make a separate Teknoparrot installation for each user to solve the controller's changing GUID issue, it's different for each user so the input mappings don't work when you log in as another user.  Scripting could also help with this problem but a separate installation is easier.  If I run into game specific stuff I might do as you did too, or even have one Teknoparrot install for each game as it only adds about 100Mb and I'm only planning to have about a dozen games.  If I branch out later then I think at the very least I will make one Teknoparrot install for each type/genre of game.

 

Thanks

 

And Happy Birthday Soyabean too :)

Edited by jacko1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, melodical said:

I did it the old fashion way and did not pay to signup for HS. This made things much more dificult and much more time consuming for me. So the best way is to sign up to them via website. Although the only drawback of ths is that it is not updated as much it used to be. (And other more modern Frontends are being built by Recalbox,Lauchbox,Big Box Etc and are made to simplify setting this up for people who are not used to HS or are not technical enough to fix an issue with HS/RL/HyperHQ setup.

 

The only reason people still use and love HS is that it still looks the sexiest when used on an Arcade Cab etc

 

When I started building my machine, I started with Hyperspin+Rocketlauncher, I quickly gave up for the initial complexity.
I bought the BigBox (LaunchBox), and quickly gave up, for simplicity, for not adapting the design to a retro machine and also if you needed something more complete would have to use the rocketlauncher+LaunchBox (What?!?!).
Back to Hyperspin... many hours, days, weeks, mounths lost to learn, and I still
continue to refine it. With the understanding of its operation, now I can say that neither is difficult as it is, and is the only launch that gives total customization and all systems. Best option for Cabinet Arcade.

Thanks to Hyperspin comunity you make it simple! :very-good:

Edited by emulor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, melodical said:

Happy Birtday dude :) and i also thought we would have had a1.70 out as i thought the momentum was building up as they recently released 2 or 3 new TP builds in the last few weeks (with anticipated: Outrun2 fix and HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed!) any further news on Rambo,Transformers,Batllep0d,id patreon versions becoming non patreon versions)

 

If your age is equal to your points its 34, if its its equal to your posts you curently are 153yrs old. Which is it lol. (you sound about the same age as me otherwise you wouldn't have a wife 3 kids and an addiction to old school and Arcade gaming! LOL.

 

Also some new and interesting icons you posted there! Is that a gun theme (for which system or mixed?)

 

I have never heard of a few of them!! (Curious!)

 

UPDATE:

Actually its Dapne,Singe,mame if i am correct? (I am still using the rectangle wheel art 4:3 ratio)

Its a mame, daphne, american laser disk gun wheel (really old games finding media for them is a nightmare, gotta change a few(clay shooting needs to be changed) Potterman said he will try to make a few game icons if he has time.

 

I have a ps2/wii/pc/naomi ect.. 2nd gun wheel, and a 3rd gun wheel with all the new games from TP plus blue estate and HOTD Overkill, it's ready for rambo, HOTD4, TC5 and Primevil Hunt (hope my Machine can handle them) 

 

I am slowly swapping my logo's for game icons and changing 4.3 menu's to 16.9 plus there's the loading screen media lol it never ends but its looking good.

 

I'm 44, gonna die of natural causes soon hahahaha smoking my 6th joint today already, got a new pair of Techics 1200 headphones which are the same as the ones I have but my brain says they are not will take a while to get used to them (had same pair of 1200's for 8 years)

 

Still Playing HOTD overkill at mo, if you add DLC to overkill it shows in the TOTD section but does it add to the gun bit of the game or just the typing. Great Game.

Edited by SOYABEAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 21 heures, luke_70it a dit :

Ciao Alves,

I'm sorry but I'm italian and i don't speak french...

 

Try this:

- Open bin file. You can use PowerISO, or 7zip (and maybe other tools).

- Extract Disc1 folder

- extract "

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
" file in Disc1 folder

- if you use an AMD graphic cars extract "shader" folder inside zip file you can find

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 inside Disc1 folder

- (optional) rename Disk1 folder to "AfterBurnerClimax" or your preferred name

- configure Teknoparrotui to open "abc 1080p".

 

Cheers

Luca

merci pour de votre aide, maintenant- il marche

cordialement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, melodical said:

The only reason people still use and love HS is that it still looks the sexiest when used on an Arcade Cab etc.

 

 

yeah to show it and to impress your friends for the wow factor, but it's totally useless if you want to use it yourself for real unless you have 20 games per system ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, myzar said:

 

yeah to show it and to impress your friends for the wow factor, but it's totally useless if you want to use it yourself for real unless you have 20 games per system ;)

All my wheels have at least 50 games in them, except the Sega Hikaru wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, myzar said:

 

yeah to show it and to impress your friends for the wow factor, but it's totally useless if you want to use it yourself for real unless you have 20 games per system ;)

 

why useless????
You may have a wheel with 5.000 games, or more and always get what you want. Just put a wheel with search :fiesta: It search in all systems, display it in all systems for game I want play, its not necessary skip one by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×