Aller au contenu
Bruce

[Arcade PC] Silent Hill The Arcade (Konami TTX)

Messages recommandés

On 3/26/2018 at 6:04 AM, gobusaki99 said:

It's a very late question, but do you know if you go into the hospital and fight with the enemy and the game crashes and your desktop comes up?

I did not do this for a while because of the game crashes.

Windows 7 is 64 bit.

Late question I'm really sorry.

You need to install the klite codec pack do something with the lavfilters. Look at the beginning of this thread.

On 7/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, kyo3000 said:

Can someone please provide a working VM pre installed?

Would be awesome, thanx

Make your own, its fairly simple to do.

11 hours ago, LEGEND80 said:

I did everything possible but I never could get this game working. Shame, because I love Silent Hill and Rail Shooters. :(

Pretty easy to do a VM, if you really want it to work that's the best way.

Thanks mjshl2. I think we may just need a new image. I tried on the only image that was posted and it just crashes while loading windows - using a Win 7 32 bit VM - tried numerous other configs too. :(

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Inari said:

Thanks mjshl2. I think we may just need a new image. I tried on the only image that was posted and it just crashes while loading windows - using a Win 7 32 bit VM - tried numerous other configs too. :(

Uhhh, strange. I didn't post that. I think someone accidentally posted on my account due to a site error.

This is the real Inari speaking.

18 hours ago, Inari said:

Legend what image are you talking about? Are you using Vmware or virtual box? I just took my own copy of win 7 and started a vmware win 7 32bit machine. Installed all the codecs, demulshooter, etc... Works great.

Thanks @mjshl2 for pushing me to try again. I got it working after all these years!

Everything worked pretty easily. The ONLY issue is I can't get the image to fill the screen (just a 640x480 window in the middle). You too?

[Edit] Have to update the TTX file and the GameLoader.exe to change display resolution.

Modifié par LEGEND80

When i try to download from the links provided in this topic it says i have to download and save to yandex...what the hell is that?

Modifié par Big Aaron

A few quick questions:

1) [FIXED] Has anyone completed the game? It crashes on me in the second level always 4/4 times with with KSHG or GameLoader.

• Confirmed by someone else on the the thread:  " the game cuts itself off about 5 minutes after i get back to the hospital i kill the slug species that fall from the ceiling and i have the message that the game has ceased to function. "
  • [EDIT] Answered in thread. Install:

Visual C ++ 2010  (x86), K-LITE FULL pack

I was able to beat the game fully tonight. It's awesome. Truly is a perfect blend of Silent Hill and exciting rail shooter (gets better the farther you go). There's too much bad HOD-like dialog and voice acting though. But maybe that's what they're going for - like it's SOOOOO bad they HAD to have known it was super cheese....which means it was intentional, right?? Probably..

2) Anyway to reload gun instead of just emptying clip?

3) Anyway to get the image to fill the screen (via VMWare)? It's tiny by default. Changing the resolution in the TTX file and using GameLoader makes the image bigger but breaks the game (not just fmvs).

4) Anyone else get black screen flickers during boss fights (HUD stays up)? Codec issue?...

2018-06-07 21_05_13-VMWare-Windows 7-Silent Hill - VMware Workstation 12 Player (Non-commercial use .png

Modifié par LEGEND80

Legend, I believe there is a reload button. Cant remember what it is though. You can set controls. I don't recall black screen flickers. My image does fill the screen in vm using game loader.

Spiderzsoft, the game does work 2 player. I use demulshooter.

Modifié par mjshl2

1 hour ago, mjshl2 said:

Legend, I believe there is a reload button. Cant remember what it is though. You can set controls. I don't recall black screen flickers. My image does fill the screen in vm using game loader.

Thanks for the reply mjshl2!

Reload:  You can't set that in the config. Another way to do this? I pressed all keyboard/mouse buttons and didn't find it. Hmmm....

Screen Size:  GL does fill the screen but it breaks the FMVs and some levels as well. I went down to 1024x768 but it's small on screen. I want to keep it at that res but FILL the screen. Let me know if you know about a setting to just fill the screen AND keep the res. I'm using VMWare and Win 7 x86 image.

I think there is a reload but I will have to take a look later. I am not currently at home so I cant check it out.

From what i remember reading, upping the resolution does break cutscenes. Shouldn't break levels though.

This is taken from assemblergames where I first remember hearing about silent hill some years back:

- good about 480p:
- - all the video cut-scenes are correct size and good looking
- - 480p is 4:3, so the game anyway will force 4:3 mode, you can set up your display monitor to 4:3 mod too, will look cool on CRT monitor.

- bad about 480p:
- - in-game text font and picture quality is extremely low and dirty pixel looking (on LCD)

4. my custom settings for 720p and more, start "Game Loader Config.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe" and do exactly this:

if you want different resolution than this, you can replace all "1280x720" to any your resolution, but be careful, don't replace all of the numbers, not all of them is resolution settings.

- good about my settings 720p:
- - Best possible (i hope so) quality of in-game font text on big LCD monitor and a little better 3d graphics (not much better)
- - more stable fps then on default settings (look on screen upper, i was changing some... from "old" to "new" dot with something... thing, idk, but it works more stable)
- - fps timer is disabled

- bad about my settings 720p:
- - videos and cut-scenes are glitchy, they will play not good (worst, then on 480p), you can't see videos clearly on high resolutions.
- - If you have Low-Spec PC System (portable pc), maybe game will lag, maybe not. need more tests
- - anyway game running in 4:3 only, so it's will not looks great on widescreen

Appreciate your time on this. Current running 1024x768 res via GL. See my ttx.ini.

The issue really is that the image is not being stretched to fill the screen once launched. See screenshot - the image should be a lot taller and fill the screen, at least vertically. I can do that on my normal pc via nvidia's scaling options. Not sure how to do that via VMWare. Looked online but didn't find anything. Not a huge deal but takes away from the experience...

5b29bc4e2e758_2018-06-1919_06_39-.png.1fc3df8a6a17e45129016e5f78779a47.png

Le message, les images et le lien sont :ph34r: caché Inscrit toi pour le voir ou connecte toi https://www.emuline.org/register/

Le message, les images et le lien sont :ph34r: caché Inscrit toi pour le voir ou connecte toi https://www.emuline.org/register/

Modifié par LEGEND80

7 hours ago, Alescapo said:

But an remake of silent hill arcade on win 10???? 

What? No, its running on a vm in win 10. That's it.

12 hours ago, leonardombn said:

Hello,

Can anyone tell if it's running on windows 10?

I've done a lot of testing, and I have not been able to run.

thanks,

Leonardo.

The game does not work on Win 8 or 10. You can however run a Win 7 VM under Win 10, to get the game to work.

En 18/6/2018 a las 10:06, mjshl2 dijo:

Spiderzsoft, the game does work 2 player. I use demulshooter.

Hi, newbie here, I created an account here for help with Silent Hill arcade on PC

Everything runs fine and awesome (FMV cutscenes, no freezing, everything stable and playble for 1 player only)

Thing is, how do you exactly configure for two players with demulshooter? More specifically:
- I just own my default PC mouse (as I said before, it works fine for the game for 1 player) and a Generic USB joystick (modelled after a playstation controller), I have no PC lightguns or anyother addon beside these two, do I necessarily need a lightgun addon for two-player? I have extra mouse (I mean connecting 2 mice to the same pc) in house, but I don't think if it works like that

- If there's any way to bind the keyboard (so it can move with the arrow keys) for player 2 with demulshooter, may be an option to run 2 player mode just with 1 mouse

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to share this game with friend for local play but so far I had no luck with configuring anything for 2players, I'll be waiting! thanks a lot in advance, hope I'm not being naggy or bothering with my question hehe

and sorry for my bad english! not my main language

Don't think joysticks work with demulshooter. I have heard 2 mice work, but some people haven't had any luck with that when I have tried to help them.

Is there anyway someone can post a new link to download the game? The limit was reached on Yandex so no one can download the Main game file anymore...

The Sound&Video-Fix file is still available for the moment tho(downloading that now in case it too will be unavailable soon)...

Sorry,but there are NO other ways to get this game that I've seen so far or I wouldn't request this...

Also,my name is just to make it clear I don't understand any language other than english.But GoogleTranslate is making it easy to understand the majority of what is posted here.

I just wanted to make it clear in case I misunderstand something...

Many Thanks to everyone working to make this rare game available &(more importantly)WORKING to those outside Japan(Like others here,I'm a fan of SilentHill & Lightgun Games,also)!

P.S.-If it's possible,someone should post it on GoogleDrive or something. Yandex takes HOURS & also Crashes during download too much to be a good choice for posting(failed just as it was near the end)...

Just asking if possible...

BONJOUR
J'utilise un traducteur anglais car mon français est affreux.

Quelqu'un a-t-il un téléchargement en état de marche car celui qui se trouve en haut veut vous inscrire sur un site Web qui n'est ni en anglais ni en français, et dont la lettre n'apparaît pas sur mon clavier,

merci beaucoup et j'espère que cela fait sens
i will also post in english 

HELLO

have any one got a working download as the one at the top wants you ro register on a website thats not in english or french , and it has letter that are not on my keyboard ,

many thanks and i hope this makes sence

Play Silent Hill: The Arcade under VM Ware in Windows 10

• Like 1