[EMU] Namco System 246/256 Emulation on Play! (WIP)

Shin Endymion

il y a 4 minutes, `kingston Ramsey a dit :

where did you get those .bat files to convert they didn't come in the x64bit play installer zip file

hi there. they come with CHDMAN. that's the program you have to use for converting those chd files into iso, and then into chd again

il y a 7 minutes, soso92 a dit :

Excellent tuto pour ceux qui ne savent pas comment faire. 

Et tu as du y passer un certain temps 😏

Merci ! 

Oui j'ai passé du temps, à chercher un peu à droite à gauche les infos, sur discord, ici, sur reddit, un peu partout quoi. Mais l'important c'est de partager ensuite, vu le taff de fou qui a été fait franchement

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

where did you get those .bat files to convert they didn't come in the x64bit play installer zip file

They should be in the MEGA folder but you can do it manually although it’s a pain in the ass lol

I share the arcadedef file of Smash Court Pro Tournament.

We had to find the name of the boot file.

Once the chd has been converted in some way since it is a CD (.bin and .toc)

Parcontre there's no sound and once the game started it's half black screen.

scptour.arcadedef chdman scptour.rar

Edited by 3nigm4

15 hours ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

Just make a new BAT file with

for /r %%i in (*.iso) do chdman createcd -i "%%i" -o "%%~ni.chd"

to go from the ISO to a CD-CHD

Edit: 3nigm4 posted the BATs on previous page.

Edited by Headrush69

image.png.4bec33ad274c594f7916e1b600ab22ae.png

cant get past this screen with Vampire Night. any suggestions converted the chd to bin & cue then converted the cue to chd with the dongle file and it boots up and hangs at this screen lol 

20 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

cant get past this screen with Vampire Night. any suggestions converted the chd to bin & cue then converted the cue to chd with the dongle file and it boots up and hangs at this screen lol 

Sounds complicated lol

Just now, A FRIEND said:

Sounds complicated lol

it can be its just trying to find the right chd. to make with the dongles and hope u got the right chd to convert to the media in the arcadedefs its alot of different converting and testing and hoping lol 

2 hours ago, Bootleg said:

did you read my post-hint? Vampire Night it’s one of’em : no IRGun

3) Some games boot in attract mode only, some have native JVS controls, others get stuck with black screen for various reasons (I/O board, IRGun, network cards issues and so on)

9 minutes ago, hippopippo said:

did you read my post-hint? Vampire Night it’s one of’em : no IRGun

3) Some games boot in attract mode only, some have native JVS controls, others get stuck with black screen for various reasons (I/O board, IRGun, network cards issues and so on)

thank you for clearing that up i understand.

12 minutes ago, arcadetutorials said:

Where can I find new arcadefs or how do I create them?

asking on discord would be alot better they have a helpful area on this, i think page 2,3 have arcadedefs 

Edited by Bootleg

You can edit them yourself by finding the name of the boot file in the zipped game 
rom. then if you have isobuster on your pc you can open the 002 file and inside 
you will see the load file which is used to boot the chd.
correctly edit the arcadedef file, with the name of the folder where there is the 
chd, the name of the zipped rom and the name of the dongle file.
With a little practice you can do all the arcadedef ;)

46 minutes ago, 3nigm4 said:
You can edit them yourself by finding the name of the boot file in the zipped game 
rom. then if you have isobuster on your pc you can open the 002 file and inside 
you will see the load file which is used to boot the chd.
correctly edit the arcadedef file, with the name of the folder where there is the 
chd, the name of the zipped rom and the name of the dongle file.
With a little practice you can do all the arcadedef ;)

setting this up is like setting up MAME except ur converting the chd to make what file extention is said in the arcadedefs. so for example image.png.649af4e13c5edb40f77444a09724a99f.png

with chdman if the version is 248 ur using the romset and dongle aka roms from that set. then in the cmd u would convert the chd to cdvd which could be bin & cue. or a .iso which could be read as a dvd if mounted. after converting ur file then u re-convert it do it then creates a chddvd or chdcd or chdhhd but will show up as xxx.chd some of them work some of them dont depending on how u convert it. also sometimes if the rom name has changed ud rename what the new name is in the arcadedef thats all i know for right now lol 

chd to bin and cue.  after u convert u delete the chd. then u convert the cue to chd. u rename the bin file the dongle name inside the arcadedef file. once done u place the games were u place the rest thats were u should see the name of the arcadedef ur working with and as long as u have the right chd and the rom that goes with the chd it should be or atleast have the common issues stated.

Edited by Bootleg

I was trying to make Tekken 5 (Tekken51) and Capcom Fighting Jam work but I couldn't create the arcade def (or I don't know if I created it with some error).  They don't show up on the emulator screen.

{
    "id": "fghtjam
    "name": "Capcom Fighting Jam
    "dongle":
    {
        "name": "jam1vera.ic002"
    },
    "cdvd":
    {
        "name": "jam1-dvd0.chd"
    },
    "boot": "mc0:FJMLOAD"
    "patches":
    [
    ]
}

52 minutes ago, arcadetutorials said:

I was trying to make Tekken 5 (Tekken51) and Capcom Fighting Jam work but I couldn't create the arcade def (or I don't know if I created it with some error).  They don't show up on the emulator screen.

{
    "id": "fghtjam
    "name": "Capcom Fighting Jam
    "dongle":
    {
        "name": "jam1vera.ic002"
    },
    "cdvd":
    {
        "name": "jam1-dvd0.chd"
    },
    "boot": "mc0:FJMLOAD"
    "patches":
    [
    ]
}

fightjam.arcadedeftekken5d.arcadedef256Batch.zip

fightjam works i currently get black screen on tekken 5d

when ur looking at the fightjam inside the rom should make the arcadedef example 

image.png.2b6e6dc951bbd69ff331ebaef49eae19.png

"name": "jam1vera.ic002 - should be inside the rom.zip for the game

image.png.cd7c855ce41acc708e365af073ae3c17.png

that is inside the zip file which i think means jam 1 version A

image.png.bbd77e78399271efd4969ef3242a8a3a.png

Were Ur Rom's and Dongle's, CHDs should be placed.

image.png.8f030da9c278d28756db6c4ef24e5a82.png

the zips are the roms or dongle files and the folders hold the chds

when u open Play! 

image.png.29be05f5eb7e505f2d7a6a3da32a41f2.png

each game that boots will display under the recently played drop down menu.

backing up games isnt really need as its apart of MAME.

Edited by Bootleg

35 minutes ago, arcadetutorials said:

Strange...
I'm doing exactly what you described and the game does not appear in the emulator list. I have already installed and reinstalled the emulator and still does not appear...😥

does the game boot? because it should usually appear in the "recently played" theres a drop-down menu on the bottom of the emulator.

also it helps if u have a clear set of arcadedefs because it gets confusing sometimes when u have new ones or older ones so what i did was one at a time so if it boots i check recently played so i make note that that works. also what version does ur emulator say on the bottom it should give a build number.

image.png.060b9015e2abda595b78308ad57727c8.png default - Arcade Machine Titles.

image.png.d374355ae29a62f88748fbec0529592e.png Recently Played (Titles that loaded)

im not sure how to do the hdd, i do know converting to dvd is complicated lol. and cdvd, cd are seem easier to try converting over to chd. i also noticed that when loading a title it sometimes appears twice as a non working title and one that works but im not sure if thats a bug or if its just the way mines is setup if the iso doesnt mount then it wasnt converted correctly because u should be able to see the media contents within the iso before converting it to a .chd

Edited by Bootleg

So... .
I put the files that you disponibilizounpara the games within the arcadedefs folder, the roms and chds are in the correct places, but qdo I start the emulator, the games "new" do not appear in the list. I've done several things, checked the paths and everything is ok, but the game doesn't appear in the list.
I even downloaded a newer version yesterday and still the same thing happens

1 minute ago, arcadetutorials said:

So... .
I put the files that you disponibilizounpara the games within the arcadedefs folder, the roms and chds are in the correct places, but qdo I start the emulator, the games "new" do not appear in the list. I've done several things, checked the paths and everything is ok, but the game doesn't appear in the list.
I even downloaded a newer version yesterday and still the same thing happens

Play_Windows_x64_Installer.zip

Il y a 2 heures, Universal Gaming a dit :

I guess not...

hi bro

i have written the whole tutorial in french. maybe u can just use google trad, or straight translation with google chrome, it will be ok.

sometimes you cant have everything, i spent lots of time writing it so make an effort too, thank you

il y a 26 minutes, leemintsa a dit :

salut frère

j'ai écrit tout le tutoriel en français. peut-être que vous pouvez simplement utiliser google trad, ou une traduction directe avec google chrome, ça ira.

parfois tu ne peux pas tout avoir, j'ai passé beaucoup de temps à l'écrire alors fais un effort aussi, merci

C'est kler que ton tuto suffit largement à pigé comment faire pour que ça fonctionne... 

Oui c'est une bonne base le tuto, il manquerait juste les différentes façons de creer les CD-CHD, avec quelle version de chdman, quelle command line pour extraire autant que compresser ensuite.

Moi perso ca va a part les jeux HDD et soulcalibur 3 que je n'arrive pas a faire tourner.

Il manque aussi le nom du fichier boot load de YuYu.

4 hours ago, Universal Gaming said:

I guess not...

From what’ve seen so far it’s still preliminary and some games are still laggy or only intro boots maybe in the future when more games will work correctly people will make a step by step video/written tutorial in English hopefully 

it does however looks very promising

Edited by A FRIEND

Il y a 2 heures, 3nigm4 a dit :

Oui c'est une bonne base le tuto, il manquerait juste les différentes façons de creer les CD-CHD, avec quelle version de chdman, quelle command line pour extraire autant que compresser ensuite.

Moi perso ca va a part les jeux HDD et soulcalibur 3 que je n'arrive pas a faire tourner.

Il manque aussi le nom du fichier boot load de YuYu.

ah du coup je suis bien preneur des infos, c'est quoi le boot load de yuyu ? et les command line pour chdman ?
Comme ça je pourrai mettre à jour le tuto, pourquoi pas

si tu peux expliquer un peu , merci à toi !

Edited by leemintsa

Justement je l'ai pas le bootload de YuYu 😛

Normalement tu peux le trouver dans l'image du jeux une fois extraite du chd ou alors dans le zip de la rom en ouvrant le fichier .ic002 mais impossible de le trouver comme ca.

Alors j'ai essayé plusieurs acronymes mais en vain, pourtant j'avais trouvé pour scptour, vu que pour ce jeu la aussi il est pas possible de trouver le bootload, mais avec qqs acronymes j'y suis arrivé.

Je bloquais parceque je pensais que c'etait un acronyme de 3 lettres et pour scptour il en fallait 4 ;)

Pour les command line de chdman, il y en a plusieurs possibles aussi, suivant si le jeu est un DVD ou un CD ou encore un HDD.

Desfois faut extraire le chd en .img, ou en .iso ou encore en .toc et .bin ou .cue et .bin

On peut aussi extractraw, extracthd, extractcd et j'en passe, sans oublier la facon de recompresser apres lol.

Les fichiers .ic002 dans la rom faut isobuster ou poweriso pour les ouvrir.

Je te mets un .bat avec des exemples de command line chdman pour les chd namco 2x6.

Ca aide mais ca pas toujours le taff ;)

unchd_all.bat

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dfcSdrFtJ5mKlW6LQPsePipwkmHLgxS-JqUXSbiT59w/edit#gid=1

Ca peut aider aussi ce lien, ca te donne des infos sur les jeux namco 2x6.

Je pense aussi a la facon dont les chd on été créés, par exemple j'ai lu que Netchu etait compressé en DVD parceque le jeux est sur 2 CD.

Et aussi DBZ qui serait un DVD a l'origine et compressé comme un CD...

Je sais pas trop c'est obscure encore.

https://www.videogamex.com/forums/showthread.php?230860-SYS2X6-USB-Dongle-Rollup-Pack

On 11/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, Bootleg said:

do you have the arcadedef for vampire night?

I tried everything and I've given up, I tried converting the CHD to ISO that didn't work, I tried everything in the step by step in this topic nothing worked, I guess it's not meant for me to play games like this...oh well. 

16 minutes ago, Universal Gaming said:

I tried converting the CHD to ISO that didn't work

you need to do step 2 and drop the iso on the CD-CHD.bat file it has been said over ten times on this thread buddy read previous comments

5 minutes ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

you need to do step 2 and drop the iso on the CD-CHD.bat file it has been said over ten times on this thread buddy read previous comments

I have unchd_all.bat

Along with Extract CHD to CUE.bat and CHD to GDI.bat

Which one should I use, sorry I'm new to this