ArcCabView : Display your arcade games just as you want!

Houb

Hmm i ran into an interesting problem... In Sol Cresta the bezel changes color briefly, when i get hit and that makes the pixel test fail. 

So every time i am hit the crt effect gets disabled... could an optional delay be added to the pixel test perhaps?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Le 10/11/2022 à 09:05, spot a dit :

Hi! I love your work Houb and I’ve been using it since the start. However the latest version was a bit of a let down. It is way over bloomed here. In the old versions there was a slider to turn down blooming but i found no way of doing that in the latest one?

I tried it on 198x and the title screen and other darks scenes just looked blurred out. All details gone and they are way too bright.

Can something be done about this?

It's still possible :)

Just do it like that (Bloom strength in CRT Advanced options)

With default bloom settings :

image.png

With bloom strength = 0.0 (or with Bloom disabled)

image.png

You can also set the value you want in "ArcCabView\Presets\ArcCabView_default.cfg" by adding the following line for example :

BloomStrength=0.150000

That way it will be set like that for all your new games or at reset time for the previous ones :)

I hope it helps, Enjoy!

Le 10/11/2022 à 11:38, spot a dit :

Hmm i ran into an interesting problem... In Sol Cresta the bezel changes color briefly, when i get hit and that makes the pixel test fail. 

So every time i am hit the crt effect gets disabled... could an optional delay be added to the pixel test perhaps?

I didn't test this game that much, And sol cresta is not in the native game support.

btw if you did a pixel test for this game, you can try to increase a little the "test_epsilon" value and that way it should be more tolerant :)

Edit : I tested and yes the color update and the shaking is huge at hit time with Sol Cresta, so for sure you won't be able to set the pixel test correctly with this game...

As an alternative you may try to set the game in TATE and to rotate the display using the shader, That way you can keep the CRT effect and a custom bezel all the time ^^

Edited by Houb

• 2 weeks later...
En 25/3/2022 a las 3:30, Houb dijo:

ArcCabView doesn't change the internal resolution of the game, in this case it just stretch the game to you screen size.

DS2 has many graphic bugs with modern nvidia cards because of the lake of TnL support.

there is a patch for this in our custom dlls, that's mostly why their use is forced in the base for this game.

It fixes approx everything except the issue on the first mid boss shown in your second capture (never saw any other issue).

here a video to show the result with arccabview and jconfig with patched exe (it works with the original exe and old launcher too):

And thanks for your testings!! :)

Hi, please upoload files patched:

cvgame.exe (Patched)
JConfigDS.exe
JVSEmuDS.dll

DeathSmilesII_2020_12_12.rar link is broken on jconfig-universe.fandom

THX

Tried out last night with raiden 4 ttx version, everything was good, but decided to try with teknoparrot which didn't work, went to go back to jconfig but arcade cab keep telling me it's in wrong directory, even tried deleting game and arcade cab and redoing but keep getting same error now, not sure why , placed everything in game folder , does something get written somewhere that I need to delete?

Edited by joe555

5 hours ago, joe555 said:

Tried out last night with raiden 4 ttx version, everything was good, but decided to try with teknoparrot which didn't work, went to go back to jconfig but arcade cab keep telling me it's in wrong directory, even tried deleting game and arcade cab and redoing but keep getting same error now, not sure why , placed everything in game folder , does something get written somewhere that I need to delete?

try resetting cpu after deleting old non working version and use a clean version maybe that will help i never had that happen to me so try that if that don't work might be wrong .exe

46 minutes ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

Before posting I had restarted PC, aswell as turned off and back on, also completely deleted both the game and arcade cab and redownload, also tried 3 different dumps, keep getting that error game.exe not found in right directory, but works with geomod, so not sure , like I said tho worked perfectly first few times than I tried it with TP no go, then couldn't get it working again 

Edited by joe555

il y a 26 minutes, joe555 a dit :

Before posting I had restarted PC, aswell as turned off and back on, also completely deleted both the game and arcade cab and redownload, also tried 3 different dumps, keep getting that error game.exe not found in right directory, but works with geomod, so not sure , like I said tho worked perfectly first few times than I tried it with TP no go, then couldn't get it working again 

just the use reset exe of ArcCabView or the reset shortcut of this game and it should work again :)

19 minutes ago, Houb said:

just the use reset exe of ArcCabView or the reset shortcut of this game and it should work again :)

Sorry had tried that before but no go, also tried on different drive, same error, tried complete with new downloads of game and arcade cab and different drive, not sure what changed or why won't find

Edited by joe555

Il y a 1 heure, joe555 a dit :

Sorry had tried that before but no go, also tried on different drive, same error, tried complete with new downloads of game and arcade cab and different drive, not sure what changed or why won't find

Could you please give me the exact message you get?

So I can search the reason :)

8 hours ago, Houb said:

Could you please give me the exact message you get?

So I can search the reason :)

The process of the active window found:

\\ pc \D drive \Raiden lv\game.exe

is not in the expected directory

D raiden lv 

please check arcadecab view .ini and try again

I believe it will probaly work again in a few weeks, I think it's stuck in regestry, when windows removes cache it will probally start working again, I could use a regestry cleaner and would probaly work but I don't like using those

Il y a 1 heure, joe555 a dit :

The process of the active window found:

\\ pc \D drive \Raiden lv\game.exe

is not in the expected directory

D raiden lv 

please check arcadecab view .ini and try again

I believe it will probaly work again in a few weeks, I think it's stuck in regestry, when windows removes cache it will probally start working again, I could use a regestry cleaner and would probaly work but I don't like using those

Why the process path found is said like that??

ArcCabView can run only games from standard directories like "D:\Raiden IV\game.exe" but can't run anything using path like your one " \\PC.... "

So you can't run games from home network, you have to play on local directories

Edited by Houb

il y a 8 minutes, joe555 a dit :

K will try again, it's PC than my name than the path you put, but worked at the beginning from there, yes that's a network path so will move to a different drive and try again, thanks for your help 

In fact you can : install and run ArcCabView from your original PC and then launch the game from your local network using directly the game exe or TP (and not arccabview)

5 minutes ago, Houb said:

In fact you can : install and run ArcCabView from your original PC and then launch the game from your local network using directly the game exe or TP (and not arccabview)

It works again thanks, I moved to different drive like you said and not a network drive, not sure why it worked from there to begin with, but thank you for your help and I guess it was user error, sorry for the inconvenience