7zxkv

[Emu] Spine PS4 Emulator

Créé par Spindev, Spine est un émulateur Playstation 4 généralement considéré comme faisant l’objet d’un développement privé et uniquement disponible pour LINUX.

spin-ps4lite.png

A lire sur

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Edited by 7zxkv

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 

16 GB RAM

GTX 3070

He ran it with VMware player as he was too lazy to dual boot.

Edited by Onkel

lol I would love this to be convincing as a nintendo emulator, seems the x86 architecture is the real hang up on ps4 emulation, nintendo is a easy pezy japaneze compare to it. seems Orbital is closer and includes windows as well as Linux

Edited by Cool Coyote

Without me this time...as i said on emufrance, develloper refuse a Windows version....Then i guess that thing can't go far....

Edited by 7zxkv

X86 is the hangup ?

Nintendo is a easy pezy japaneze compare to it.

Elaborate Kiwi ?

Afaik the GPU emulation does not even work in Orbital, which isn't currently unimplemented or not completed.

As mentioned in the last update: it's while rendering the safe mode menu, i.e. displaying graphical output.

Specifically, the emulated GPU is not signaling the CRTC page flips correctly to the drivers, so only the first frame is rendered, which for now is just a black screen.

It's currently stuck at the console's Safe Mode and, thus, can't boot any games yet.

The PS4 is AMD X86 / AMD64 APU based (Jaguar - Liverpool) 

So CPU emulation is not the main problem, it is all parts around it.

And the PS4 runs a Linux / FreeBSD based operating system, so one probably needs a form of (integrated in the emulator) VM in Window$ to run any PS4 emu

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by Onkel

Le 09/09/2021 à 13:09, Onkel a dit :

X86 is the hangup ?

Nintendo is a easy pezy japaneze compare to it.

Elaborate Kiwi ?

no man from Onkel checkout the wiki page ps4 emulators

Potential Roadblocks

Due to the PS4's x86 architecture and FreeBSD-based operating system, emulators for the device will by and large be very unconventional. Despite the x86's instruction set being huge

Hidden Content

, a trait that would typically lead to years of development time by emulators, it opens the ability for pre-existing hypervisors to do the heavy lifting, eliminating the need for a recompiler. There is also, as of writing this, little to no documentation on the GPU (a modified Radeon 7970M with disabled stream processors) used in the PS4's APU, and it will require a complete re-implementation by emulator developers. End-users may wish to preform a preliminary dump of the required files from their PS4 using the 

Hidden Content

Edited by 7zxkv

sorry, maybe a stupid question, but can we run this on Windows using WSL (a compatibility layer for running Linux binary executables natively on Windows 10, Windows 11), or it needs real legit linux OS, i'm too lazy to install dual boot, since it broke my PC the last time i uninstalled it (stuck in the GRUB rescue screen)

Il y a 6 heures, riora1996 a dit :

sorry, maybe a stupid question, but can we run this on Windows using WSL (a compatibility layer for running Linux binary executables natively on Windows 10, Windows 11), or it needs real legit linux OS, i'm too lazy to install dual boot, since it broke my PC the last time i uninstalled it (stuck in the GRUB rescue screen)

Yeah, it seem to be possible: