emulate58

ARTAX TTX3 MEGA MULTI - Taito Type X3 Multi - [JVS] [FASTIO] [1080p] [v4] NEWEST VERSION

7 hours ago, Snufsen said:

It should be good to go, yeah. I also used HDD Raw Copy, worked great so that shouldn't be the issue. Wrote the .img straight onto a suitable drive. 

Is your target drive big enough? HDD Raw copy will copy block by block until its done or runs out of space. So in theory, I imagine that it might've just written one partition if the target wasn't big enough.

I don't have it in front of me, but make sure you have 3 partitions on your resulting drive; System, Games, and... one more.

It almost looks like your drive only has the System partition

I have three partitions, C:, E:, and F:

Can't get fastio.exe running !

here my *.bat for exemple

Citation

@echo off
start "" /MIN "E:\SYSTEM\DEMUL07_280418\fastio.exe"
cd "E:\GAMES\Naomi\Demul"
start "" /WAIT "Power Stone.exe"
exit

So the game is opening...but no control.

On Task manager, fastio.exe is not present

i have to go on DEMUL07_280418 folder and double click on it...then control are working on demul

any idea ?!

thanks

Hi,

I will need your help.

My configuration :

-Taito Type x3 modèle 406

-SSD with Multi TTX3 v4

-Namco noir cabinet original with his PCB ( STD CONNECT and NAJV)

- Taito type x3  --> Connect in JVS (USB cable) --> Noir Cab

My problem :

On certain games or group :

group TTX3 with SF5

group ES3 with Tekken 7

group TTX2 with Blazblue

group RING

--> I don't have a command with a joystick (noir cab)

Ok with keybord, ok with Xbox gamepad but nothing with a joystick

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Edited by zuberpedroo

4 hours ago, Onkel said:

Afaik V4 is FastIO only ?

i think it's both JVS and Fast io

On 11/4/2021 at 2:57 AM, Lemony Vengeance said:

hey all, 

I downloaded the img file and used HDD raw copy tool to image my SSD and the OS boots, but nothing is in the attractmode wheel, and the sections all say 1/0. 

I've reimaged the drive a few times but there is no change. Has anyone encountered this issue? if so, how do i get past it? 

B8AE15A6-3FB2-4351-B70B-C99A42F89914.jpg

figured this out. it was an incomplete extraction of the ISO file from the 7zip archive *facepalm*

I didn’t see it posted in here but are there like hot keys for Artax? I’m using a Vewlix and can’t find how to exit to the game select windows.thanks

1 minute ago, LouisP said:

I didn’t see it posted in here but are there like hot keys for Artax? I’m using a Vewlix and can’t find how to exit to the game select windows.thanks

game exit macro is in the readme:

P1B1+P1B2+P1B3+P1B4+P1START = This should exit every single game in the multi back to the menu. (JVS AND FASTIO WORKING)

1 minute ago, LouisP said:

Another question.on vertical shmups is there away rotate the image? I’m using a Vewlix also

thanks

you  mean the game right or the theme ?

29 minutes ago, LouisP said:

The game.like Tate mode basically.

probably have to do it from games settings

Yeah if you disable auto rotate in MAME for instance it will display vertical games properly. I've been itching to rotate my monitor, shmups in horizontal just aren't quite the same.

I think it needs a write filter specifically for manual shutdowns for the HDD, instead of going to the Util > Shutdown. It ran great for a day and a half with JVS i/o running on the Vewlix L machine, but with a with a few manual shutdowns here and there, it might've corrupted Windows. The attract mode UI menu wrapper is completely gone, and like whenever I try to access the applications through the utility menu, it just hangs at selection. Also, the preview videos got corrupted as well whenever you highlighted a game. Other than that, the Multi v4 works great on the Taito x3 404 model I got. I'm going to format the drive and reflash the image again. 

Edited by networkingyuppy
Needed to add more info.

Is anyone experiencing shutdowns at around the 20-30 minute mark? My TTX3 will shutdown after that amount of time regardless of whether it is in game or idle.  

This is with an entirely stock image of the drive and using fastio. I can't figure it out, the cpu and gpu temps are all low and the power supply is new. 

2 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Is anyone experiencing shutdowns at around the 20-30 minute mark? My TTX3 will shutdown after that amount of time regardless of whether it is in game or idle.  

This is with an entirely stock image of the drive and using fastio. I can't figure it out, the cpu and gpu temps are all low and the power supply is new. 

Do you have a JVS IO board? Any JVS io board, it can be JAMMA, just one that will run off the USB JVS port on the TTX3 instead of fastio? If you do, try that and see if it stops the resetting.

17 hours ago, murray said:

Do you have a JVS IO board? Any JVS io board, it can be JAMMA, just one that will run off the USB JVS port on the TTX3 instead of fastio? If you do, try that and see if it stops the resetting.

No unfortunately, that's a good idea! 

Tests so far which result in the reset. This occurs on all three motherboard bios revisions b13/16/23.

Stock image 

Modified image with fastio2kb.exe instead of included fastio.exe

Stock image with GTX680 and stock GT640

Stock image with DMAC's RS1 and FP1 left disconnected but DMAC card still inserted in motherboard        *this results in the fastio.exe not running in task manager

Modified image with COM2 renumbered to COM30 and disabled (within windows) (seems to think COM2 is in use but there is nothing connected to COM2 :/)

Stock image with COM2 disabled in BIOS

Stock image with DMAC pcie card and all associated cables removed

Is it the DMAC or the multi that's causing the JVS timeout?

I'm thinking after all that the fault lies with the motherboard/cpu/ram or power supply. I would bet the former however as the power supply is brand new.

*edit*

I booted the multi on my desktop rig with and without the DMAC card installed, ran without issue for hours. I guess I have a hardware fault that lies between the motherboard, cpu, ram or psu. I should try a known working psu just in case this new one is a dud.

Edited by Lachlan

without a jvs io its hard to rule out if the watchdog is tripping or not.

You've done a lot of testing already.

Edited by murray

There's a jvs timeout protection built into fastio.exe. Changing this might trigger resets for you. If you're using stock you shouldn't get any resets. Leave all hardware connected and all bios settings default aside from disable hdd security. If you're using fastio and still getting resets... something else is going on.

It won't happen if you're using a jvs io though becuase of the jvs activity through the port. Don't change the com port settings, it needs to be active because fastio.exe sends jvs data to it periodically to stop the watchdog reset. It's been tested thoroughly and works very well.

What actually causes the jvs timeout is not 100% known, it's either the dmac or something custom written into the bios, on artax 4 it's fixed and isn't an issue. All configuration possibilities on original ttx hardware were accounted for. It's thought the watachdog reset just occurs to signal a fault to the arcade operator, all ttx3 units should have a card reader built in so they are always polling jvs and getting a response. But this is all irrelevant, artax v4 takes care of all this stuff.

Apologies, I should have stated that by 'stock' I meant the artax v4 image was unaltered. I did away with the original drive.

I also ran the TTX3 without the drive and DMAC installed and it still shutdown after the 20-30min mark. I even ran the PSU by itself for more than an hour without issue. I believe I have a dud motherboard, something is failing within a half hour badly enough to cause the power supply to trigger it's protection circuit.

I have a new cpu, motherboard, ram setup coming to replace it all entirely anyway. Time to get away from decade old ran to hell PC hardware. ;)

Thanks for your input murray, much appreciated.

Edited by Lachlan

6 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Apologies, I should have stated that by 'stock' I meant the artax v4 image was unaltered. I did away with the original drive.

I also ran the TTX3 without the drive and DMAC installed and it still shutdown after the 20-30min mark. I even ran the PSU by itself for more than an hour without issue. I believe I have a dud motherboard, something is failing within a half hour badly enough to cause the power supply to trigger it's protection circuit.

I have a new cpu, motherboard, ram setup coming to replace it all entirely anyway. Time to get away from decade old ran to hell PC hardware. ;)

Thanks for your input murray, much appreciated.

Yeah, 99% hardware fault probability here.

Just make sure your new motherboard has a COM header on it, you need this! A lot of new motherboards don't have them. I made my new system turn on by using the "power on when AC resumes" setting in the bios. So basically when you turn the power on at the wall, the system detects AC power and powers up automatically, because there's no power on button. Or you can just rig up a power button of course.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:34 PM, satchmo said:

is there a simple way to direct boot into a specific game? either through the UI, or adding code somewhere?

Also wondering this and how to disable the exit macro.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, zuberpedroo said:

Hi,

I will need your help.

My configuration :

-Taito Type x3 modèle 406

-SSD with Multi TTX3 v4

-Namco noir cabinet original with his PCB ( STD CONNECT and NAJV)

- Taito type x3  --> Connect in JVS (USB cable) --> Noir Cab

My problem :

On certain games or group :

group TTX3 with SF5

group ES3 with Tekken 7

group TTX2 with Blazblue

group RING

--> I don't have a command with a joystick (noir cab)

Ok with keybord, ok with Xbox gamepad but nothing with a joystick

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hi,

I also own a Noir cab and have tested this multi there as well. Same problem for me, most games controls don't work at all, but some do for a few minutes then stop working...It's definitely the Namco IO. I tested on my Vewlix cab with Sega jvs io and it worked perfectly fine for all games.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:58 AM, tommiegunz said:

can anyone please upload the romlists files and .cfg files for these systems i'm creating my own setup since i don't have the space to download extract this image and renaming everything is taking waaaay too long doing it this way it would be a huge help

Have you figured out how to add custom games?

I am stuck with the script files, not sure if anyone else here has managed to add individual games to this multi yet.

On 25/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, Snes said:

Have you figured out how to add custom games?

I am stuck with the script files, not sure if anyone else here has managed to add individual games to this multi yet.

I have added all the APM3 games using Teknoparrot, more random titles in MAME like ST-V and others. Even Model 3 using Supermodel.

It's really easy: Just to be clear, I haven't had luck adding to the existing sections as they are using .a3x scripts so I have made additional displays

Modify romlist file in Attract Mode folder and use the same formatting as you will see for each individual game.

Add artwork in the 'Artwork' folder and follow the same structure like all the other preconfigured files.

Add a folder in the E:\GAMES\ directory named after whatever, add your games in the correct format there.

In Attract mode folder go to EMULATORS, add a config file for the chosen emulator. ** Important: Google for Attract Mode settings for your chosen platform, it is easily found.

**** In Attract Mode hit TAB, go displays, Multi and add your emulator display:

Follow the same instructions on how to add LINDBERGH which is in the read me.

Honestly I haven't had any issues getting games working this way nor have I had any input issues. I have GG Strive going, VF eSports etc all good once Teknoparrot updated and configured controls.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, Lachlan said:

I have added all the APM3 games using Teknoparrot, more random titles in MAME like ST-V and others. Even Model 3 using Supermodel.

It's really easy: Just to be clear, I haven't had luck adding to the existing sections as they are using .a3x scripts so I have made additional displays

Modify romlist file in Attract Mode folder and use the same formatting as you will see for each individual game.

Add artwork in the 'Artwork' folder and follow the same structure like all the other preconfigured files.

Add a folder in the E:\GAMES\ directory named after whatever, add your games in the correct format there.

In Attract mode folder go to EMULATORS, add a config file for the chosen emulator. ** Important: Google for Attract Mode settings for your chosen platform, it is easily found.

Honestly I haven't had any issues getting games working this way nor have I had any input issues. I have GG Strive going, VF eSports etc all good once Teknoparrot updated and configured controls.

This might be asking too much of you Lachlan..but is it possible for you to make a video of some kind showing this process? Youtube or otherwise? I'd be very fascinated to see something along those lines. Lots of us could benefit from a tutorial on the subject.

5 hours ago, BigSchmid said:

This might be asking too much of you Lachlan..but is it possible for you to make a video of some kind showing this process? Youtube or otherwise? I'd be very fascinated to see something along those lines. Lots of us could benefit from a tutorial on the subject.

I could definitely write up a detailed guide using Teknoparrot as the example if you wish? It can be applied to any other emulator.

18 hours ago, Lachlan said:

I could definitely write up a detailed guide using Teknoparrot as the example if you wish? It can be applied to any other emulator.

I can only speak for myself but the more information you can provide on how to modify this multi and make it better/have more games/more organized and tailored to someone's tastes, the better off everyone will be. I'd very much appreciate a guide sir.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:20 PM, Lachlan said:

You can add to existing menu section. Just add .lnk to the list of executable files.

Basically just add the game shortcut on main directory where .a3x or .bat files are and modify the config file like .a3x;.lnk and it will pickup the game. Just add the dmac driver dll and the fast io in there to add controls. 

The part I'm stuck on is modifying the controls for each new games. 

Le 26/11/2021 à 02:20, Lachlan a dit :

Can you Share a kind of update folder for the community?