Jump to content
emulate58

ARTAX TTX3 MEGA MULTI - Taito Type X3 Multi - [JVS] [FASTIO] [1080p] [v4] NEWEST VERSION

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Snes said:

You can add to existing menu section. Just add .lnk to the list of executable files.

 

Basically just add the game shortcut on main directory where .a3x or .bat files are and modify the config file like .a3x;.lnk and it will pickup the game. Just add the dmac driver dll and the fast io in there to add controls. 

The part I'm stuck on is modifying the controls for each new games. 

 

Good point! 

Can't you set the controls in the teknoparrot gui?

 

10 hours ago, Ellokoho said:

Can you Share a kind of update folder for the community?

Not sure what you mean by this question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lachlan said:

Good point! 

Can't you set the controls in the teknoparrot gui?

Sorry I haven't clarified what I am actually trying to achieve...I'm trying to add individual  PC Games to the pre existing categories. I have got a few to work flawlessly (Streets of Rage 4, The Messenger, Downwell and a couple other) But some games i tried (Battletoads, DragonBall Fighterz) don't detect the joysticks at all. Im assuming this is where those .a3x scripts would come in handy to launch the emulated keys fast2kb or fgastiio.exe etc when the game loads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, zuberpedroo said:

Hi,

 

I will need your help.

 

My configuration :

-Taito Type x3 modèle 406

-SSD with Multi TTX3 v4

-Namco noir cabinet original with his PCB ( STD CONNECT and NAJV)

- Taito type x3  --> Connect in JVS (USB cable) --> Noir Cab

 

My problem :

On certain games or group :

group TTX3 with SF5

group ES3 with Tekken 7

group TTX2 with Blazblue

group RING

--> I don't have a command with a joystick (noir cab)

Ok with keybord, ok with Xbox gamepad but nothing with a joystick

 

Any ideas ?

 

Thanks

Actually i did some more testing...It seems all the emulators that are using jconfig or whatever(basically everything from ttx2 and up) dont work or it stops working after few button presses or so. This issue then causes the menus to stop functioning (no buttons presses or joystick movement). I am assuming it's to do with the controller assignments or the emulation of the joysticks in the newer emulators (jconfig, some other exe's running etc ) and the namco IO may not be compatible with these protocols or they just need to be re-defined for the Namco io board. I also noticed that with the sega IO the joystick works even in explorer, but with the Namco it doesn't. Whatever is running constantly to emulator the KB to joy isn't doinmg so for the Namco IO. We just need to configure that im guessing?? Perhaps insight from the developer/compiler of the multi can shed some light. 

It just seems the wrong assignments causing the issues on the Namco IO, as the older emulators work flawless (neo geo, naomi etc) 

Edited by Snes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snes said:

Actually i did some more testing...It seems all the emulators that are using jconfig or whatever(basically everything from ttx2 and up) dont work or it stops working after few button presses or so. This issue then causes the menus to stop functioning (no buttons presses or joystick movement). I am assuming it's to do with the controller assignments or the emulation of the joysticks in the newer emulators (jconfig, some other exe's running etc ) and the namco IO may not be compatible with these protocols or they just need to be re-defined for the Namco io board. I also noticed that with the sega IO the joystick works even in explorer, but with the Namco it doesn't. Whatever is running constantly to emulator the KB to joy isn't doinmg so for the Namco IO. We just need to configure that im guessing?? Perhaps insight from the developer/compiler of the multi can shed some light. 

It just seems the wrong assignments causing the issues on the Namco IO, as the older emulators work flawless (neo geo, naomi etc) 

While I'm interesting in adding games, my main interest lays in the reorganization of existing games and folders on the multi. Sega Rally is a Europa game. I'd like to have that show up. Raw Thrills games are their own thing. Would like for them to have their own subfolder. There's tons of games like the Laserdisk games that I have no interest in. Rather than delete things, I was wondering if there was a way to hide them so they don't show up in the multi unless I unhide them. Adding new games would be great but does seem like it could cause some headaches. Would love a tutorial on how to change what's already there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 30/11/2021 à 04:08, BigSchmid a dit :

While I'm interesting in adding games, my main interest lays in the reorganization of existing games and folders on the multi. Sega Rally is a Europa game. I'd like to have that show up. Raw Thrills games are their own thing. Would like for them to have their own subfolder. There's tons of games like the Laserdisk games that I have no interest in. Rather than delete things, I was wondering if there was a way to hide them so they don't show up in the multi unless I unhide them. Adding new games would be great but does seem like it could cause some headaches. Would love a tutorial on how to change what's already there.

Delete games:

-...\AM\romlists : edit "multi.txt" file, simply delete the complete line

 

they appear by

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra;Buttons

 

 

Delete system:

-....\Am: edit "attract.cfg" file, delete the system you don't want to appear

 

ex, delete LASERDISK system, simply delete those line

    filter               LASERDISK
        rule                 Emulator equals LASERDISK

 

!!! make a backup/copy of the file you want to modify before !!!

 

I also like filtering by title/alphabetical order, just add a line below each filter

 

Ex:

 

    filter               LINDBERGH
        sort_by              Title
        rule                 Emulator equals LINDBERGH
    filter               Naomi
        sort_by              Title
        rule                 Emulator equals Naomi
    filter               NEOGEO
        sort_by              Title
        rule                 Emulator equals neogeo

 

 

Edited by xela974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excuse me, zhe  

Excuse me, my X3 connects to my monitor through DVI interface, but THERE is no sound when I connect to the speaker interface of the machine, is there something wrong?  However, when I connect my plasma TV through HDMI, it has sound. Does this multi not support audio output from sound card?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chuckying said:

Excuse me, zhe  

Excuse me, my X3 connects to my monitor through DVI interface, but THERE is no sound when I connect to the speaker interface of the machine, is there something wrong?  However, when I connect my plasma TV through HDMI, it has sound. Does this multi not support audio output from sound card?  

 

Boot with the audio cable plugged in. It does support any sound output, just sometimes with HDMI it defaults to the HDMI out.

 

It should default the sound to your sound card output. Worst case, just goto the control panel and goto sound then DISABLE the HDMI sound out and set the regular sound output to default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried Star Wars battle pod with a after burner joystick? I know it only works with a controller but it will be fun if you can use some type of joystick to maneuver the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

51 minutes ago, cesar909 said:

Has anyone tried Star Wars battle pod with a after burner joystick? I know it only works with a controller but it will be fun if you can use some type of joystick to maneuver the game. 

It does work with any joystick, just go and configure it use joystick as control. Mach Storm works as well.  Most of the driving games work with a wheel as well, you just have to reconfigure controls.

 

Works fine with Thrustmaster T.16000M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, murray said:

 

It does work with any joystick, just go and configure it use joystick as control. Mach Storm works as well.  Most of the driving games work with a wheel as well, you just have to reconfigure controls.

 

Works fine with Thrustmaster T.16000M

I tried configuring through teknoparrot in the past but I could never get that to work. I can map the controls but nothing would move when I launch the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to adjust the volume on the image in software?

 

keyboard or usb know volume control dont work, i can do it in control panel but would be handy as different levels on each game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DaddyGadget said:

Is there a way to adjust the volume on the image in software?

 

Check test  / service menu per game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cesar909 said:

I tried configuring through teknoparrot in the past but I could never get that to work. I can map the controls but nothing would move when I launch the game.  

 

I don't have it handy, it must be jconfig them. Reconfigure jconfig for that game. I've definitey played it with the stick though. It's 1000 times better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaddyGadget said:

Is there a way to adjust the volume on the image in software?

 

keyboard or usb know volume control dont work, i can do it in control panel but would be handy as different levels on each game?

 

I use a master volume dial on my cab. I installed it just for this multi because sound levels are ALL over the place. The other option used to use was a keyboard with up/down volume controls on it, that worked well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, cesar909 said:

Has anyone tried adding more games? Is it possible? 

Check further back in this thread, to answer your question yes it is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would the hard drive image work withe taito type x4? I found one for a decent price vs what I found a x3 for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/12/2021 at 4:30 PM, murray said:

 

I use a master volume dial on my cab. I installed it just for this multi because sound levels are ALL over the place. The other option used to use was a keyboard with up/down volume controls on it, that worked well too.


thats strange as i cant get my usb volume know or keyboards volume controls to work, will have to delve deeper, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, murray said:

 

I use a master volume dial on my cab. I installed it just for this multi because sound levels are ALL over the place. The other option used to use was a keyboard with up/down volume controls on it, that worked well too.

 Have you tried one of those mini keyboards with this multi? Something you might plug a usb dongle into the MiSTer. Curious how those do with a TTX3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DaddyGadget said:


thats strange as i cant get my usb volume know or keyboards volume controls to work, will have to delve deeper, thanks

 

It depends what sort of keyboard you have i guess. I have a simple microsoft one and it works. If youre keyboard requires extra software or stuff loaded for the multimedia functionality to work then it might not work. volume is just controlled via windows controls, you could just goto cont rol panel to change it... pain yes.... That's why i got a voulme dial installed for my cab, i got sick of changing volume on games and having to grab the keyboard all the time. I just got a volume dial with rca in and out and connected in line with the amp in the cab, no wire cuts or joins necessary... mounting it... well.... that's another story. Best thing i ever did though, just being able to control volume right in front of me all the time. I use it almost every game i play on that cab now!

 

It's Windows 10. Anything that works on Windows 10, will work on this. Hardware, software etc. It will work in a sense that it will function with the windows installation, so long as you install drivers if needed. If you start doing things like installing AMD video cards you'll probably upset some games. You can do pretty much anything you can on Windows 10 on this. BUT... how that's going to effect the menus and game setup who knows. That's why, as has been mentioned many times, it's best to run on a TTX3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this is an amazing image, thanks for all your hard work. 
One question, is there a reason you didn’t enable UWF to protect the c drive?

Ive enabled it in windows/dos and have just the c drive write protected so I can just power down without needing to shut down. I’m just curious if there was a reason you didn’t enable it?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 29/11/2021 à 23:36, Snes a dit :

Actually i did some more testing...It seems all the emulators that are using jconfig or whatever(basically everything from ttx2 and up) dont work or it stops working after few button presses or so. This issue then causes the menus to stop functioning (no buttons presses or joystick movement). I am assuming it's to do with the controller assignments or the emulation of the joysticks in the newer emulators (jconfig, some other exe's running etc ) and the namco IO may not be compatible with these protocols or they just need to be re-defined for the Namco io board. I also noticed that with the sega IO the joystick works even in explorer, but with the Namco it doesn't. Whatever is running constantly to emulator the KB to joy isn't doinmg so for the Namco IO. We just need to configure that im guessing?? Perhaps insight from the developer/compiler of the multi can shed some light. 

It just seems the wrong assignments causing the issues on the Namco IO, as the older emulators work flawless (neo geo, naomi etc) 

 

Thank for you return.

 

For the owners of Namco noir cab who want play with the Multi TTX and who have a joystick problems.

There is on internet another image to download and clone a 1 TB.

For having tested it, it works perfectly (Namco Noir Cab + Multi TTX3 + JVS).

I was finally able to play at  SFV, Tekken 7, ... with the joystick of my cabinet

 

So SNES, I confirm that you are right, there are a problem with configuration joy and namco IO.

 

 My next step is to add the Artax systems in another image. So I am going to buy another 1TB and make a pairing of the 2 systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, zuberpedroo said:

 

Thank for you return.

 

For the owners of Namco noir cab who want play with the Multi TTX and who have a joystick problems.

There is on internet another image to download and clone a 1 TB.

For having tested it, it works perfectly (Namco Noir Cab + Multi TTX3 + JVS).

I was finally able to play at  SFV, Tekken 7, ... with the joystick of my cabinet

 

So SNES, I confirm that you are right, there are a problem with configuration joy and namco IO.

 

 My next step is to add the Artax systems in another image. So I am going to buy another 1TB and make a pairing of the 2 systems.

Hey Zuberperdro,

 

Any chance of getting a link to the image via pm?

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2022 at 12:38 PM, tronbaby said:

Hi, this is an amazing image, thanks for all your hard work. 
One question, is there a reason you didn’t enable UWF to protect the c drive?

Ive enabled it in windows/dos and have just the c drive write protected so I can just power down without needing to shut down. I’m just curious if there was a reason you didn’t enable it?

Thanks

 

I asked the same question via pm when it was released, because some of the unreal engine games store stuff in the APPDATA folder on C: and various other places and there was no testing done to confirm if the write filter would cause issues or not. So it was left OFF because they didn't want to introduce any unknown issues with those games. It was going to take a long time to test all of those games for issues. It's possible it will work fine with the filter on, post here if you enable it and find any issues, i'd like to enable mine as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, arcadeforty said:

 

I asked the same question via pm when it was released, because some of the unreal engine games store stuff in the APPDATA folder on C: and various other places and there was no testing done to confirm if the write filter would cause issues or not. So it was left OFF because they didn't want to introduce any unknown issues with those games. It was going to take a long time to test all of those games for issues. It's possible it will work fine with the filter on, post here if you enable it and find any issues, i'd like to enable mine as well.

Ive not done it yet on this image, but I know on my other PC systems various games write to the appdata and various locations on C.  For those I just added filter exclusions and they work perfectly.   This will be the same, there will just be a handful of games/systems that write to C:\ProgramData or C:\Users\$username$\Appdata\

I could do some testing too and see what the full exclusions list needs to be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just upgraded my Namco Noir cabinet to 2 players. Does has anyone been able to configure any of the street fighter IV games to 2 players? I can’t get it to work even after setting up 2 players on jconfig. If you look at the main menu before starting the game, it says it supports 2 players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cesar909 said:

So I just upgraded my Namco Noir cabinet to 2 players. Does has anyone been able to configure any of the street fighter IV games to 2 players? I can’t get it to work even after setting up 2 players on jconfig. If you look at the main menu before starting the game, it says it supports 2 players. 

its prob just wrong in the menu, there's a bunch of wrong stuff in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

 

just got this multi running few days back. Love it, huge thanks to the creators and I could see the amount of work, time & effort put into this multi.

For those advance users, I'm trying to add roms to the existing libraries, and I've managed to get it appear in the UI by editing the romlists in AM.

However, I do need some help in editing the .a3x files, and I thought that using the AUTOIT script editor I can do it but still no success. Anyone managed to get the it working by adding your own roms? I'm trying to add a NAOMI rom - Project Justice 2. I'm left with getting the .a3x file up correctly.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Edited by ahkek89
Managed to decompile the .a3x file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there, the multi is great stuff! I'm running into an issue and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas on any fixes or things that I can look at to try. 

 

If I let the menu sit long enough so that it goes into the video attract mode after 5 or 10 minutes (where the games go into a larger view and the menu mostly goes away), the JVS I/O stops working, even in the menu. I can't seem to 'wake' it up to get it back to the menu to select a game. I'm guessing that it's a JVS timeout of some kind?

 

I'm using a Noir with the JVS I/O board that came with it, are there any config settings that might help here?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gasgesgos said:

Hey there, the multi is great stuff! I'm running into an issue and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas on any fixes or things that I can look at to try. 

 

If I let the menu sit long enough so that it goes into the video attract mode after 5 or 10 minutes (where the games go into a larger view and the menu mostly goes away), the JVS I/O stops working, even in the menu. I can't seem to 'wake' it up to get it back to the menu to select a game. I'm guessing that it's a JVS timeout of some kind?

 

I'm using a Noir with the JVS I/O board that came with it, are there any config settings that might help here?

 

Thanks!

We already established this issue if you just read a few posts above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snes said:

We already established this issue if you just read a few posts above.

 

Ahh, ok, I read that as a different issue with buttons not working in ES3 and other emulators or after a few presses in specific games, which I also see sometimes. The issue I'm looking into is the JVS going unresponsive even when no games have been launched and the multi is only sitting in the frontend after booting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gasgesgos said:

 

Ahh, ok, I read that as a different issue with buttons not working in ES3 and other emulators or after a few presses in specific games, which I also see sometimes. The issue I'm looking into is the JVS going unresponsive even when no games have been launched and the multi is only sitting in the frontend after booting.

 

There's just issues with that IO board, the JVS wrapper is written to work with Taito IO boards, and it just happens to work with a bunch of others as well. That partcular IO just has issues with the wrapper on this. AFAIK, no one has rewritten a wrapper to fix the issues or worked out why it happens. It also happens on another cab that has it's own specific IO board the something baby cab.. can't recall the name right now but i think it does a similar thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gasgesgos said:

 

Ahh, ok, I read that as a different issue with buttons not working in ES3 and other emulators or after a few presses in specific games, which I also see sometimes. The issue I'm looking into is the JVS going unresponsive even when no games have been launched and the multi is only sitting in the frontend after booting.

It's the same exact issue. Losing controller input is happening across all Namco io boards with this image. As @arcadeforty mentioned it's not tested or written specifically for that hardware. I have experience it happens if you leave it idol in the menu or run some of the newer systems (TTX3,ES3, RingEdge) There is no problem on older systems which indicates something that's loading alongside those newer systems so button inputs work (jconfig/teknoparrot) and that's what could be causing the lock up...hopefully an easy fix.

@zuberpedroo Mentioned that he managed to get it working but he hasn't come online since he made that post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×