computcon

HOW TO INSTALL INITIAL D ZERO VER. 2

Here are the steps required to do this.

1. Download the 2 multi-part 7-zip files from these links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iuK9Pw_-vQGWErXn0RXt_ZvCbJrhQcco/view?usp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VeP9XAwryTbakEHEpYPhEO3ADGaCrgJu/view?usp=sharing

2. Install 7-zip (if you don't have it).

3. Install node.js from https://nodejs.org/ Select the 'Recommended for most users' version.

4. At the end of the setup, check the 'Install Chocolatey and tools' box.

5. Open up Teknoparrot, select Add game > Initial D Zero.

6. Extract the downloaded files (right-click on the .001 file, select 7-zip > extract here).

7. In Teknoparrot, go to Game settings and configure your settings (select executable InitialD0_DX11_Nu.exe).

8. Launch the game at least once, and it should come up with an 'Unexpected error'. Wait about 2 minutes on this screen, then close the game. (You need to wait because minime is installing in the background, and it takes approx. 1-2 minutes).

9. Go to the AMFS folder in the game directory (the one with the ICF1 and ICF2 files). Copy these files.

10. Paste them in the parent directory of the game\amfs. Otherwise, there will be this unexpected error. For example, if the files are in the location X:\SomeFolder\AnotherFolder\amfs, I would copy the files to X:\SomeFolder\amfs (up one directory).

11. Launch the game in Teknoparrot.

12. Done!

still doesn't run i'm stuck on the cmd screen after launching

yea just tried this followed it to the t 

and first it came up error as said then waited then relaunched it then the DVD error message added the mod for that and now i launched it up again and now nothing ? 

How do I know minime is installin in the background? I don't see it in task manager. Is this the correct error I should have? 

Untitled.png.41d488ee56a62d5c8efa9c2b7710faf0.png

Nevermind, forgot I had moved it to a different external hdd. I have a black screen that says error occured I think this is right.  But now I get a DVD Drive 0919 remain error in game.  I did set my IP address in Teknoparrot. 

Edited by JustinCredible81

To fix the DVD error:

You need to disable your DVD drive. The system does not like it being enabled. Go to Start > type: device manager > Find your DVD Drive, right click it, and choose disable. After you disable it, rerun and that error should be gone.

But I have another error now.

Untitled.png.2fe26f4c208d91a2a951e379afc2893a.png

Jesus, I solved the above problem by updating Segatools now this error. At least if others have these errors they'll know what to do but I'd like to be able to play the game lol.

Untitled.png.6776a05d2dc316d662dff31610f73e7e.png

Edit: changed dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it worked finally, but card error so couldn't save. 

For the DVD problem i would advise to patch the exe, there is no need to disable the drive then.

https://idas-zero-patcher.netlify.app/

Haven't tried if the online patches work, but i patched all exes on this site and have no errors regarding dvd drive or connection, after setting up the ip of course.

Edited by DarkVoid666

Unfortunately yes, tried different minime and segatools, but there are still save issues with 2.11.

Strangely your character progression and car upgrades gets saved, but as soon you finish all races in a chapter it gets resetted, not your character stats and upgrades though.
So there is actually no way to progress in the story and therefore not really worth playing in that state.
Better stick with 1.31 for now until 2.11 gets fixed.

Edited by DarkVoid666

21 minutes ago, EmulateFun said:

Thanks for the tutorial! Works fine for me. Just a reminder if you put the game under E: the game won't start for some reason

Hrmm, I've heard of games not being able to start from external, but not a specific letter. I'm running it from a different letter external just fine. 

vor 28 Minuten schrieb EmulateFun:

Thanks for the tutorial! Works fine for me. Just a reminder if you put the game under E: the game won't start for some reason

thats a thing of Segatools if i remember correctly... Segatools wont start on E and Y drives so just move the game or change the drive letter,

1 hour ago, computcon said:

Be sure to run the game using Teknoparrot, which will fix the JVS I/O error, and if the http://idas-zero-patcher.netlify.app won't fix the DVD Drive Error, go to Device Manager and disable tour DVD drive (right click > disable/uninstall)

Yes it will fix the dvd drive error, but I had to do it twice for some reason and you have to put amdaemon.exe replace it in your directory with the patched amdaemon.exe that it creates. It's not the main exe.  No need to manually disable and enable DVD drive everytime you want to play. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb computcon:

Be sure to run the game using Teknoparrot, which will fix the JVS I/O error, and if the http://idas-zero-patcher.netlify.app won't fix the DVD Drive Error, go to Device Manager and disable tour DVD drive (right click > disable/uninstall)

If the online patch, for some reason, doesn't fix the dvd error, then you can hexedit the game exe.
Check out the youtube video i've posted above on how to do it, it is just editing two digits.
This should definitely work, i did that with Ver 1.31. and it should work for 2.11 also.

Edited by DarkVoid666

It looks like the file patcher site will TELL you what still needs patching. Any box that's ticked when you dump the right file onto the site has already been patched. (you can test this by unticking something, and dropping the file back onto the site.) If the box is not ticked, ticking it will apply that patch. So to test your file, patch it, then drop it back on the site to see if the box is now ticked automatically.

The archive in the OP seems have the main game exe already fully patched. It's only amdaemon and serverbox that need patching, can anyone confirm?

4 hours ago, computcon said:

I should actually ask as well... does version 2.11 work for LAN play in TP?

Edited by buttersoft

On 4/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, buttersoft said:

The archive in the OP seems have the main game exe already fully patched. It's only amdaemon and serverbox that need patching, can anyone confirm?

Yes, that's true.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, buttersoft said:

I should actually ask as well... does version 2.11 work for LAN play in TP?

I don't know. I've never been able to get it to work, maybe because I don't have a second computer powerful enough to run the game. Even if it did, I tried to test the game on another computer and there still was the 'In-Store battle cannot be played at this time' message.

Edited by computcon