Karis

[SINGE 2] New Laserdisc Engine + Games (03/12/20 final update)

24 minuti fa, phasermaniac ha scritto:

Yes, I know. But where are the overlay images size and position defined? I have seen the overlays in arrays in globals.singe, but I can't find size and position.

Thanks

welcome to the maze

57 minutes ago, danilocaprioli said:

ragazzi quando lancio sia time gal che dragons lair mi va a scatti , se lancio solo il file video mp4 va perfetto , come mai?? ho windows 10

Is your sound card a realtek? if it is you need to change the drivers of your sound card. I used generic windows hd sound drivers. 

la tua scheda audio è un realtek? se è necessario modificare i driver della scheda audio. Ho usato driver audio generici per Windows HD.

Edited by maabus

Hi guys, the correct command line launch isn't:

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.mkv laserdisc.singe

...but...

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.txt laserdisc.singe

...like for the older Daphne Singe.

I suppose that the new release automatically recognize the framefile.txt with the same name of the file video, but for ActionMax games or any other title with multiple video specified on the frame file you can't point to a single video.mkv.

Edited by cnterr

Il y a 3 heures, phasermaniac a dit :

Yes, I know. But where are the overlay images size and position defined? I have seen the overlays in arrays in globals.singe, but I can't find size and position.

Thanks

With this command in the script the size of the overlay will match the size of the video:

overlaySetResolution(vldpGetWidth(), vldpGetHeight())

2 ore fa, maabus ha scritto:

Is your sound card a realtek? if it is you need to change the drivers of your sound card. I used generic windows hd sound drivers. 

la tua scheda audio è un realtek? se è necessario modificare i driver della scheda audio. Ho usato driver audio generici per Windows HD.

il problema me lo da pure il video se gioco, ma se vedo il file mp4 non scatta nulla anche il sonoro va bene vedendolo , il problema solo sul gioco

Edited by danilocaprioli

il y a 5 minutes, cnterr a dit :

Hi guys, the correct command line launch isn't:

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.mkv laserdisc.singe

...but...

singe.exe [OPTION] -v laserdisc.txt laserdisc.singe

...like for the older Daphne Singe.

I suppose that the new release automatically recognize the framefile.txt with the same name of the file video name but for ActionMax games or any other title with multiple video specified on the frame file, you can't point to a single video.mkv.

Actually it depends. If you have a structure based on multiple video files then you need a txt file to group them and call that txt after -v.

I you've got a single video file (like my games) with sound you call it directly after the -v

hace 4 minutos, Karis dijo:

With this command in the script the size of the overlay will match the size of the video:

overlaySetResolution(vldpGetWidth(), vldpGetHeight())

I don't understand what you say, but can test, in which script should I add this?

For me overlay resizes fine, the problem was the size of the images themselves.

The other problem I commented before:

On the other hand, I noticed that being the overlays pixel perfect, ingame they only shows sharp at 360x240. While the proportional resolutions 720x480 and 1440x960 won't. Not a problem to me, but something to bear in mind.

Maybe is because of some type of dither you add when resizing?

3 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

Actually it depends. If you have a structure based on multiple video files then you need a txt file to group them and call that txt after -v.

I you've got a single video file (like my games) with sound you call it directly after the -v

In fact after writing it I realized that among the new emulated titles ones only ActionMax games have two videos in the framefile

il y a 1 minute, phasermaniac a dit :

I don't understand what you say, but can test, in which script should I add this?

For me overlay resizes fine, the problem was the size of the images themselves.

The other problem I commented before:

Maybe is because of some type of dither you add when resizing?

By default the overlay uses half of the video size. So a video of 720*480 will have a 360*240 overlay (it's for consistency with the old singe).

BUT with the line overlaySetResolution(vldpGetWidth(), vldpGetHeight()) you force the overlay to match the video size. So 720*480 too...

It needs to be inserted in the script. Maddog is not based on my scrcipt so i don't know it so well, but it should work if you insert it at the very beginning of maddog.singe (in the script directory).

Theorically you'll notice the result directly : all the images of the overlay sould appear tiny.

il y a 13 minutes, cnterr a dit :

In fact after writing it I realized that among the new emulated titles ones only ActionMax games have two videos in the framefile

Yeah. For Maddog for example, the txt is not needed. You could call the maddog.mp4 directly (it won't change anything anyway).

59 minutes ago, danilocaprioli said:

il problema me lo da pure il video se gioco, ma se vedo il file mp4 non scatta nulla anche il sonoro va bene vedendolo , il problema solo sul gioco

Sì, controlla i tuoi driver audio. Se è Realtek, questo è il tuo problema. Avevo i driver audio realtek e quando correvo singe balbettava e il video veniva riprodotto troppo velocemente. Se guardassi il file .mp4 al di fuori di Singe, funzionerebbe bene. Dopo aver cambiato i miei driver audio in un suono generico di Windows HD, i problemi di balbuzie e video sono scomparsi. I driver audio Realtek causano problemi anche in altri programmi.

Non puoi fare clic su nulla guardando il file .mp4. Singe deve essere in esecuzione affinché tu possa fare clic su qualsiasi cosa.

Yes, check your sound drivers. If it is Realtek, this is your problem. I had realtek sound drivers, and when i ran singe it would stutter, and the video played too fast. If i watched the .mp4 file outside of singe it would play fine. Once i changed my sound drivers to generic windows hd sound the stutter and video issues went away. Realtek sound drivers cause issues in other programs as well. 

You can't click anything watching the .mp4 file. Singe has to be running for you to be able to click anyting. 

il y a 37 minutes, phasermaniac a dit :

Ok thanks Karis I see what you say. Good to know!

Actually i use this option for all my games because it gives a better resolution to the overlay and also it helps a lot to place things exactly where you want.

Yes, I think it's usefull.

I think I found a bug, at least in Crime Patrol:

When you spend all continues in a gameplay, and you let the records screen pass without adding a name, the crosshair of this screen stays and you can't insert coin or shoot.

12 minuti fa, maabus ha scritto:

Sì, controlla i tuoi driver audio. Se è Realtek, questo è il tuo problema. Avevo i driver audio realtek e quando correvo singe balbettava e il video veniva riprodotto troppo velocemente. Se guardassi il file .mp4 al di fuori di Singe, funzionerebbe bene. Dopo aver cambiato i miei driver audio in un suono generico di Windows HD, i problemi di balbuzie e video sono scomparsi. I driver audio Realtek causano problemi anche in altri programmi.